• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banning Dedede's infinite?

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Well, according to my info it's not an infinite on neutral and counterpick stages, so there you go, it doesn't need to get banned, people just got to stop falling for D3's grab.

§witch

Smash Lord
Nooooo, characters with great air mobilty/range/a disjoint are good at not getting grabbed. fox is easy to grab considering he has like 2 decent approach options, all of which allow for nigh 0 aerial movement, and are extremely easy to block and punish (dair/nair.)

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
If you say "Don't get grabbed" and think it's a valid argument, you are ********.
ok then lets break it down to the basics since the blunt statement doesn't get through. to avoid grabbing you do one of the following:

1. spacing; you space correctly and you can attack and be out of all kinds of grab ranges, mostly done through SH aerials or long reaching poke moves.

2. attack and move behind; Samus can Dair, Mario Dair, Luigi tornado. use moves to get benind the person shielding. they have to turn around to grab you and if done right your already moving so they can't grab you.

3. pushback; if you have some move with shield pushback on it they can't eactly retaliate w/ grab, only dash grab, and if your not too laggy afterwards then they accomplish nothing by tring to retaliate w/ grab.

4. keepaway; projectiles. the waddledees are nice and stop quite a few things, but they can't stop everything and especially not a continuous barrage.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
ironically the best at not getting grabbed is Wario.

Equally ironically he gets the most punished when he does get grabbed.

all ddd has to do vs him is camp with bairs (beats all his attacks) and wait for him to **** up.

im basing this off of my previous matches with Afro Thunder (whos switched his main to wario bout a month ago but still plays snake) just so people dont think its a random assumption.

/ends randomness

cutter

Smash Champion
I read your OP.

D3's infinite does not affect the entire cast. There is nothing wrong with counterpicking, because there are PLENTY of characters who do not get infinited.

Basically D3 makes certain characters unviable... much like Sheik did in Melee.

Omit

Smash Apprentice
Well im not sure what to think of this : /. It kinda breaks the matchup. And you´re going to get grabbed at least ONCE in a match and that means instant death.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Well im not sure what to think of this : /. It kinda breaks the matchup. And you´re going to get grabbed at least ONCE in a match and that means instant death.
IC's say hi.

To the entire cast.

And for the record, mastering a broken tactic does not equal justifiable in game play.

I for one believe any move that takes the controller from your opponents hand should be banned.

Seriously, if someone perfects what the IC's can do, you lose. 3 grabs, 3 stocks, game.

If your going to ban D3's infinites, ban IC's as well.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
thing about the ICs is that there grab range sucks and theres more required to start it, unlike DDD who just needs a few button changes and be in range. and floatier characters are more difficult for the ICs to CG too.

to counter thier CG you just pick to ICs as well anyway, if thats what keeps bothering you.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
IC's say hi.

To the entire cast.

And for the record, mastering a broken tactic does not equal justifiable in game play.

I for one believe any move that takes the controller from your opponents hand should be banned.

Seriously, if someone perfects what the IC's can do, you lose. 3 grabs, 3 stocks, game.

you can camp until you get an opportunity to separate the ICs. Its obviously not the same lol

Nitrix

Smash Ace
IC's say hi.

To the entire cast.

"Don't get grabbed" applies to ICs. Their range sucks, and they cannot chaingrab if the other one is dead. Sure they are powerful, but it can be managed.

Dedede has the range, and thus cannot be avoided so easily. His throw should be banned.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
ok then lets break it down to the basics since the blunt statement doesn't get through. to avoid grabbing you do one of the following:

1. spacing; you space correctly and you can attack and be out of all kinds of grab ranges, mostly done through SH aerials or long reaching poke moves.

2. attack and move behind; Samus can Dair, Mario Dair, Luigi tornado. use moves to get benind the person shielding. they have to turn around to grab you and if done right your already moving so they can't grab you.

3. pushback; if you have some move with shield pushback on it they can't eactly retaliate w/ grab, only dash grab, and if your not too laggy afterwards then they accomplish nothing by tring to retaliate w/ grab.

4. keepaway; projectiles. the waddledees are nice and stop quite a few things, but they can't stop everything and especially not a continuous barrage.
Perfect Shielding > Your Argument

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Because We are all computers and we can ALWAYS perfect shield EVERY attack, be it Ike's FSmash, or MK's multi-hit Jab!

Amirite?

Also I voted for pro-ban.
If Mario, Luigi, or DK get perfect shielded once, they will probably get grabbed. Stock is gone. You don't have to PS everything.

Spacing, easier said than done against the character with the longeset non-tether grab in the game. And again, a PS will result in a grab, even out of a well spaced aerial.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
If Mario, Luigi, or DK get perfect shielded once, they will probably get grabbed. Stock is gone. You don't have to PS everything.

Spacing, easier said than done against the character with the longeset non-tether grab in the game. And again, a PS will result in a grab, even out of a well spaced aerial.
So wait, are you... Pro-ban or something?

either way, "If Mario, Luigi, or DK get perfect shielded once, they will probably get grabbed. Stock is gone. You don't have to PS everything. " Thanks for addressing the problem at hand?

I'm confused...

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
So wait, are you... Pro-ban or something?

either way, "If Mario, Luigi, or DK get perfect shielded once, they will probably get grabbed. Stock is gone. You don't have to PS everything. " Thanks for addressing the problem at hand?

I'm confused...
I'm just saying that spacing isn't gonna stop you from getting grabbed and then killed. Take a look at the post I originally quoted.

CO18

Smash Hero
STOP BEING BABIES. Use falco, MY GOD PPL WHINING THESE DAYS
Says the guy who whines about someone counterpicking Norfair against him to the point he considers not playing them anymore.

Hmm complaining about not possibly being able to win and your character being unviable in tournaments is definitley being a baby where as crying about a cp stage is not.

You are absoultely right.

Top Bottom