• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banning Bayonetta in Tournaments

Should Bayonetta be banned?

• Yes, she is game breaking

Votes: 157 19.6%
  • No, players need to adapt to her mechanics

Votes: 398 49.6%
  • Not sure yet, meta progress or patches could resolve the issue.

Votes: 248 30.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greward

Smash Lord
You guys are right, I played very weak in GF. Ike pick was nonsense since I don't even play the character nor is he supposed to be good vs Bayo. Mega Man gameplan was to stay under platform as long as possible to avoid divekick + trade damage in neutral + hard reads for kill, it didn't go too bad but ot good enough.

Anyways that set (or any of my sets) are not the reasons of the ban.

tbh I kinda want to play against bayonetta again lol, I support the ban because I believe it's the right thing to do but at the same time I want to keep trying at it.

Scribe

Sing, sing for ourselves alone.
Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
I was just about to say the same thing after watching that.

That match when he used Alph was terrible. Was the man even trying?
He might as well had a sign on him that said, "Please KO me."

Same thing with Mega Man, he appeared to be firing without rhyme or reason.
At least with Mega Man, he appeared to be doing better... I think.

Then he just uses Ike for the third match, and he just does things that you shouldn't do as Ike in general.
I agree, he did not learn from any of his mistakes.
Yeah.

And, I mean, this isn't KoF, so it's not like we have any real reason to take the Spanish wing of the community seriously.

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
User was warned for this post
Yeah, real skills, like dash grab-upair!

Now I know without a doubt you're a scrub.

http://www.sirlin.net/ptw

Take a good long read on the concept of "playing to win."
hahahaha seems like you got the knee in the face to many times XD , poor guy is mad because he cant win without cheaponetta and is about to be banned , play like a man n***b not with sissy cheap characters

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
I have said when she LANDS, she can't use any moves at all then.
Yea, she's not going to "just land" with someone right there ready to punish her though. So it's not worth mentioning.

Are you sure Ally knew it was gonna happen? He is known for trolling.
Let's say Ally didn't know what he was doing, and BY does, does that fix things? Does it make Mario broken?
It was purely how crazy multi hit moves are, tacking it on Bayonetta it just biased.
Even RosaLuma do this kind of things, further more, this isn't something a patch to Bayonetta can fix, putting the blame on her and not rage fixs nothing.
Either way, it doesn't matter. Mario can die for trying this and failing, while bayo can still kill you. That's the point I'm making. "BS UPB Rage kills" were more acceptable when they needed some sort of set-up and risk, bayo doesn't have that all.

And if you tell me "muh landing lag" one more time I'm going to know you're an idiot because no decent bayonetta ever "just lands" and everyone here knows it.

Witch time, divekick, and bair can all kill you for trying to get her landing. Nair doesn't but it still lets her get back for free and minimizes punishment.

And yea, rosaluma's dumb. We've known this but she can do that without rage, it just tends to happen with rage more often. Luma has 100kb, I've seen it kill bowser at 30% with rosalina at 0%

Just go back to reddit would you?

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
I'd just like to point out that I have no local scene to speak of, and dont go to tournaments (I think the closest ones are an hour's drive away), so bayo getting banned across the US would literally have zero impact on me.

I just think this community is letting scrub mentalities cloud their judgement.

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
I'd just like to point out that I have no local scene to speak of, and dont go to tournaments (I think the closest ones are an hour's drive away), so bayo getting banned across the US would literally have zero impact on me.

I just think this community is letting scrub mentalities cloud their judgement.
so why are you so salty over this??, you are not even a competitive player, all this issue doesnt even concern you

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Are you seriously implying that there are 0% Rage kills that are more acceptable than others?

This game has tons of inconsistent rage interactions, but using one random example that happens to be on the character under the scope to doubt bout its viability.... is a bit too much of a stretch.

Also, guys let's please stay civil.

:196:

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
Good luck Greward!

Yea, she's not going to "just land" with someone right there ready to punish her though. So it's not worth mentioning.
You think I don't know that? Whether she gonna land with a Nair, Fair, Bair, Dair or etc, she has to LAND. And landing with a move increase the landing lag.
The "it doesn't matter if xxx" doesn't work here, it is strictly a part of Bayonetta's weakness.

Either way, it doesn't matter. Mario can die for trying this and failing, while bayo can still kill you. That's the point I'm making. "BS UPB Rage kills" were more acceptable when they needed some sort of set-up and risk, bayo doesn't have that all
I fail to see how Mario could have died, he was only at 70% (not even full rage) and he could fast fall to the ground. He is also a middle weight.
Rosalina can easily do similar thing, in fact, she does it more often and is easier overall. Have you seen Dabuz killing Mr. R within 15 seconds at Shots Fired 2?
Thing like this happens to Bayonetta once and suddenly it wasn't rage, but her problem. It is crazy you are actually defending these janky rage kills by justifying with "requires setups and risks" when Bayonetta haters clearly doesn't care if it was true for her combos.
Tell me, how would you fix this craziness? How to make it so her UpB can't do janky kills.

Last edited:

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
so why are you so salty over this??, you are not even a competitive player, all this issue doesnt even concern you
Because I care about the smash community. I dont want to see it set back by something like this; not after all the progress we've made being accepted by other fighting game communities.

What about you? Are you a competitive player? Do you go to tournaments regularly? Have you been losing to bayos lately?

Last edited:

Greward

Smash Lord
Her most important design flaw imo is the divekick x2 upB x2 combo, essentially making that if she lands a divekick on you she can confirm a kill off the top without the need of an aerial attack after upB.

And she has a lot of moves that can confirm into a divekick.

Not saying that's the only way she can do a kill combo just the most basic. In addition we've seen horizontal kill combos as bayonetta lately so maybe they might be as problematic if they just nerf specific vertical combos.

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
Because I care about the smash community. I dont want to see it set back by something like this; not after all the progress we've made being accepted by other FGC communities.

What about you? Are you a competitive player? Do you go to tournaments regularly? Have you been losing to bayos lately?
read my post of others competitive fighting games like SF, KOF etc, there is always a character banned for the sake of balance, in this game it happens to be bayonetta, and yeah i go to locals and no nobody uses bayonetta, she is like Rugal here and we all bully and kick out those who pick that kind of characters, we say "solo los *** juegan con el" Sheik is the hardest match in a tournament for me , anyway stop being salty and accept that she´s broken

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Splatoon seems to be the only game where they actually treat them with some care, even talking about them in Directs.
While it's not as comprehensive as the ones for a multiplayer like Splatoon, Hyrule Warriors typically has really nice patch notes.

There have been quite afew pages it seems of new people. I hope everyone is properly respecting one another.

You guys are right, I played very weak in GF. Ike pick was nonsense since I don't even play the character nor is he supposed to be good vs Bayo. Mega Man gameplan was to stay under platform as long as possible to avoid divekick + trade damage in neutral + hard reads for kill, it didn't go too bad but ot good enough.
Wait, that was you? (In hindsight obvious, but admittedly I can be slow)

I saw that video hours ago and was so confused about the switch to Ike after such a respectable attempt with Megaman (pretty much a last hit situation). Was there honestly no method to your madness with Ike? It looked like you thought the Megaman strat was too long winded and you're better strat was to play like it was N64, and try to gimp with Eruption as an edge guard...then you never tried it again after wiffing it twice.

Or am I reading too much into it?

and yeah i go to locals and no nobody uses bayonetta, she is like Rugal here and we all bully and kick out those who pick that kind of characters,
What.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
because he cant win without cheaponetta and is about to be banned , play like a man n***b not with sissy cheap characters
While bayonetta certainly is overtuned and may or may not have problems with her design, hating on people for using the character (or any character) is a terrible practice that don't contribute at neither of the arguments and should be shunned at sight.

Also, could you please grab your little homophobic insults and shove them trough your ass until they came trough your nostrils? TYVM

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
read my post of others competitive fighting games like SF, KOF etc, there is always a character banned for the sake of balance, in this game it happens to be bayonetta, and yeah i go to locals and no nobody uses bayonetta, she is like Rugal here and we all bully and kick out those who pick that kind of characters, we say "solo los m*****s juegan con el" Sheik is the hardest match in a tournament for me , anyway stop being salty and accept that she´s broken
So basically, your scene is full of bullies? That sounds pleasant, and welcoming [/sarcasm].

You guys are only hurting yourselves by not learning the matchup and how to deal with her.

And btw, I'm not the salty one. I dunno why you keep saying I'm salty. I'm not the one going around saying she's broken and bullying fellow smash players, local or online, over it. It's clear that you and the players in your scene are the salty ones.

Need I remind people that the "broken" character has yet to win a major. In fact, bayo didnt even make it to grand finals at Pound 2016. It was a MEWTWO who did, and WON.

The data isnt there.

Greward

Smash Lord
Wait, that was you? (In hindsight obvious, but admittedly I can be slow)

I saw that video hours ago and was so confused about the switch to Ike after such a respectable attempt with Megaman (pretty much a last hit situation). Was there honestly no method to your madness with Ike? It looked like you thought the Megaman strat was too long winded and you're better strat was to play like it was N64, and try to gimp with Eruption as an edge guard...then you never tried it again after wiffing it twice.

Or am I reading too much into it?
Yep lol

I'm not sure why I picked Ike, being 0-2 I felt a bit desperate. Eruption kill was my first idea (it should beat witch twist) but midgame I realized she can just recover high with sideB.

Don't read too much into that match for anything tbh, as I said I'm not an Ike player at all. I actually should've played all the set with Olimar since WF was 1-3 and relatively close, first game was discouraging though

Scribe

Sing, sing for ourselves alone.
Writing Team
NNID
KipShades
3DS FC
5241-1937-7022
read my post of others competitive fighting games like SF, KOF etc, there is always a character banned for the sake of balance, in this game it happens to be bayonetta, and yeah i go to locals and no nobody uses bayonetta, she is like Rugal here and we all bully and kick out those who pick that kind of characters, we say "solo los m*****s juegan con el" Sheik is the hardest match in a tournament for me , anyway stop being salty and accept that she´s broken
No, there isn't. Maybe in your country's community, but you're giving the impression that you're community's full of ****heads who frequently harass and even beat the **** out of players, so for all I care, your country's community doesn't matter, in part because it's a piece of ****.

The Super Turbo incarnation Akuma is the only character who has ever been banned in Street Fighter, and that's because the game was straight up not designed to handle things like his air fireball. The ban didn't carry over to any of the later games, since he had not only been toned down, but other characters had been given the tools to handle things like his air fireball. Also, Rugal ain't ****. Omega Rugal might be a bull**** boss character, but vanilla Rugal ain't ****. You and your community just a bunch of scrubby little putos who're all bark and no bite.

Now that I've got that out of my system, let's get back to focusing on the actual discussion.

Last edited:

Kealmir

Smash Cadet
I mean it's pretty obvious that patches are still being rolled out, I doubt any top player is going to main the character out of fear of nerfs. It's the same reason people were reluctant to pick up Sheik.

Currently the top Bayo players still struggle to win against top Sheik players after the nerfs. So until one wins a Major over the top players there really is no point in a ban on the character, Bayonetta's combo requires more setup and has more points of failure than Wobbling.

We just saw a Japanese Mewtwo player take a Western Major. That means Mewtwo is the first DLC to win a national, it's pretty damn clear the game is still growing a ridiculous amount. This whole astigmatism to Bayonetta seems like a bunch of circle jerking opinion statements to me. We should let results speak for themselves.

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
No, there isn't. Maybe in your country's community, but you're giving the impression that you're community's full of ****heads who frequently harass and even beat the **** out of players, so for all I care, your country's community doesn't matter, in part because it's a piece of ****.

The Super Turbo incarnation Akuma is the only character who has ever been banned in Street Fighter, and that's because the game was straight up not designed to handle things like his air fireball. The ban didn't carry over to any of the later games, since he had not only been toned down, but other characters had been given the tools to handle things like his air fireball. Also, Rugal ain't ****. Omega Rugal might be a bull**** boss character, but vanilla Rugal ain't ****. You and your community just a bunch of scrubby little putos who're all bark and no bite.
learn to respect other countries way of seeing things scrub or get out!! i dont care if your country comunity are a bunch of cry babies
Sagat from the original SF is also soft banned
When i said rugal its is quite obvious im talking about KOF 95 omega rugal, 98 omega rugal and 2002 Rugal duuuh
hahaha thats all you ve to say ?? you can do it better than that but what can one expect from some 19 years old kid...pfff so ridiculous

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Guys, please, be civil.

If people are resorting to name calling, don't respond in kind, use the report button as the rules outline and ignore the trolls.

Currently the top Bayo players still struggle to win against top Sheik players after the nerfs. So until one wins a Major over the top players there really is no point in a ban on the character, Bayonetta's combo requires more setup and has more points of failure than Wobbling.
It's not really a matter of "never won a major"; yes, it's a large piece of data to get number 1, but just because a Bayonetta got 1st place, it doesn't mean she should or shouldn't be banned based off the challonge bracket for instance alone. Top Tiers win tournaments, it's to be expected.

What matter's then is actually seeing how the matches played out. People have been quite clear of what her "problems" are; did they actually materialize? Was the opponent simply outplayed? Etc.

The matches have to be analyzed, even in a case like winning a major.

EDIT: This thread moves too fast.

Sagat from the original SF is also soft banned
When i said rugal its is quite obvious im talking about KOF 95 omega rugal, 98 omega rugal and 2002 Rugal duuuh
Why would literally anyone play the original Street Fighter. Legit question, it's a horrible game. Sagat can literally kill you in two hits and in a case of a double knockout, he automatically gets the win. That's why he's the final boss.

And please stop confusing boss characters that are intentionally designed that way from normal characters. Rugal is meant to be that way.

Last edited:

Sha-Shulk

Smash Apprentice
I think that we should just wait to see how Bayonetta develops.

Sure, she's a weird and possibly poorly designed character, but i think a ban is too early. She seems to have exploitable weaknesses (but doesn't every character?.... sans pre-patch Sheik)

I don't know about Japan or Spain, but they are free to do as they please, imo.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
so the "next thing that's going to happen" inference earlier...
the trigger was "people being at 3 points who are still coming into the thread without improvement".

Time for a move to a bigger and scarier place~

Captain Farukon

Smash Journeyman
Guys, please, be civil.

If people are resorting to name calling, don't respond in kind, use the report button as the rules outline and ignore the trolls.

It's not really a matter of "never won a major"; yes, it's a large piece of data to get number 1, but just because a Bayonetta got 1st place, it doesn't mean she should or shouldn't be banned based off the challonge bracket for instance alone. Top Tiers win tournaments, it's to be expected.

What matter's then is actually seeing how the matches played out. People have been quite clear of what her "problems" are; did they actually materialize? Was the opponent simply outplayed? Etc.

The matches have to be analyzed, even in a case like winning a major.

EDIT: This thread moves too fast.

Why would literally anyone play the original Street Fighter. Legit question, it's a horrible game. Sagat can literally kill you in two hits and in a case of a double knockout, he automatically gets the win. That's why he's the final boss.

And please stop confusing boss characters that are intentionally designed that way from normal characters. Rugal is meant to be that way.
the original street fighter was still played until 2007 then it was finally dropped from international gaming tournaments but my point was an example of how somethings the best way to the game balanced is to ban characters are are incredible op i mean the point of a fighting game is showing your skills and give a fair chance to every character in the roster to win...which unfortunately is not the case with Smash 4

Sha-Shulk

Smash Apprentice
the original street fighter was still played until 2007 then it was finally dropped from international gaming tournaments but my point was an example of how somethings the best way to the game balanced is to ban characters are are incredible op i mean the point of a fighting game is showing your skills and give a fair chance to every character in the roster to win...which unfortunately is not the case with Smash 4

...see? this is a civil post. Try to make your posts more like this please. I think +Shaya already said the thread is moving to the Underwhere (SPM reference)

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
so the "next thing that's going to happen" inference earlier...
the trigger was "people being at 3 points who are still coming into the thread without improvement".

Where are we going?

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Truly NepNep is the scariest of all the CPUs. (Or at least I think that's your avatar)

how somethings the best way to the game balanced is to ban characters are are incredible op i mean the point of a fighting game is showing your skills and give a fair chance to every character in the roster to win
That has simply never been true.

Melee invalidates, what, 2/3rds of it's roster?

MvC2 only really had six viable characters in a roster roughly the size of Smash 4.

UMvC3 never banned Doctor Doom / Magneto (or Morrigan) / Virgil, even when it seemed every player was playing it. It's not the games fault, for instance, that I'm never taking evo with my Frank West / Hsien-Ko / Tron Bonne team.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658

I think he's talking about Sf2 original sagat, who was debated to be the best character in sf2 sans akuma (probably because he was the only boss character that wasn't also a charge character)

i'm not sure if you can even play as anyone who's not ryu or ken in sf1.
We're already there.
where is "there"?

Last edited:

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
I think he's talking about Sf2 original sagat, who was debated to be the best character in sf2 sans akuma (probably because he was the only boss character that wasn't also a charge character)

i'm not sure if you can even play as anyone who's not ryu or ken in sf1.
Yeah, he clarified to me in private that he was actually talking about vanilla Street Fighter 2, not the original Street Fighter like he said here.

You can't play as anyone who isn't Ryu or Ken in the original SF1; it's literally "pick USA or Japan", then you get either Ryu or Ken. It really is a horrible game; it's amazing they got the green light for a sequel, even.

where is "there"?
Competitive Discussion board, where no one can hear you scream.

Specifically, the infraction count to ban is stricter here. It's mostly a matter of "cooler heads will prevail in the end now because off topic attacks / mudslinging will not last long here."

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Melee invalidates, what, 2/3rds of it's roster?
over time, i believe less of Melee's roster is being treated as "viable", at least in the communities i hang out in.

The same happened with brawl but much quicker because of stuff like chain grabs and jab locks and meta knight/icies.
Looking back really helps me to appreciate smash 4's balancing.

Yeah, he clarified to me in private that he was actually talking about vanilla Street Fighter 2, not the original Street Fighter like he said here.

You can't play as anyone who isn't Ryu or Ken in the original SF1; it's literally "pick USA or Japan", then you get either Ryu or Ken. It really is a horrible game; it's amazing they got the green light for a sequel, even.
Alright, glad my memory isn't failing me. Couldn't you also OHKO anyone in that game with a shoryuken?

Competitive Discussion board, where no one can hear you scream.

Specifically, the infraction count to ban is stricter here. It's mostly a matter of "cooler heads will prevail in the end now because off topic attacks / mudslinging will not last long here."
Perfect

Last edited:

juddy96

Smash Lord
Bayo is definitely becoming a problem in Japan, and people who know me know I'm very involved when it comes to making brackets and looking deeper into the Japanese scene. Nyanko took a set off of Abadango with Bayonetta against Mewtwo just a couple weeks before Aba dominated Pound 2016. 9B got his first ever Smash 4 tournament victory with Bayonetta. Komorikiri won a 280 man tournament on release week with Bayonetta. Hiro came from absolutely nowhere to win Shulla-bra against a guy who had won 4 Shulla-bra's in a row. ikep, ever inconsistent, fought his way past 9B and others to win Hirosuma 3. And now even Rain and Shu have dropped Sheik for Bayonetta. I wouldn't be surprised if even more Japanese players picked up the character.

Ulevo

Smash Master
This thread is stupid. This topic doesn't need opinions, it needs facts.

Can Bayo's combos truly be DI/SDI'd out, and by whom ?
Which character can break her combos ?
Which characters can have an advantageous matchup over her ? Can these characters hold their own against the rest of the tournament viable cast ?

Think about the work @Trifroze did to explain how to escape ZSS's Dthrow Uair up B combo even though he is a ZSS main himself. That's the kind of thing that is needed to get this debate moving forward.

Refusing to provide hard data will block the discussion in a "git gud" vs "she's broken" loop.

PS : I see a lot of people comparing Bayo to Brawl MK but right now she clearly is more similar to Brawl ICs without the downsides that come from teaming with a CPU.
I haven't read through this thread in its entirety and I have no intention in doing so. Still, I am confident this is likely the most reasonable thing that is going to be said.

Zult

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zultie
I understand some people may think this is what is happening, but the thing is, the first spanish top player to say Bayonetta is ban material after that grand finals wasn't Greward, but Rydle himself. He said while being interviewed on stream that Bayo is really above the rest of the cast and that he was okay with a ban. Maybe Greward has been really vocal about it, but most top spanish player has supported the ban. The poll itself wasn't made by him either, and there is going to be more discussion about it besides the poll, because is a big decision to make.

If we made a poll to ban other characters nothing would happen, maybe some salty people would say yes but bans on other characters have always been discussed hypotheticaly and never has the spanish community agreed so massively on anything.

A lot of people play competitive smash because they think is fun and for no other reason, just as a lot of people play Magic the gathering competitive formats because they find fun playing it. Wizards has banned decks because they killed the fun of the game by its lack of interaction or by not following the standards of the format (like when they banned Amulet Bloom because it's potential to kill on turn 1, it wasn't a big problem metagame wise, but it killed the fun by not letting player 2 interact in a non-trivial number of games). While fun isn't the only reason why the ban is happening, it is something that matters to the spanish community. In a community pushing for an e-Sports enviroment that focuses on money and popularity maybe fun is something that doesn't belongs in a ban discussion, but for a community that sees smash as what it is, just a game, fun is something we simply cannot forget.
I liked the last sentence. Very well. You guys do what you think is best for you scene. I'm in no position to tell what you all can and can not do. I just wanted to make sure you guys knew what you were doing. Decide wisely.

Last edited:

AkiraGr

Smash Cadet
NNID
AkiraGr
3DS FC
3480-2533-5239
So a salty loser created this chaos? Also an agenda to ban a character for personal gain? This guy do not deserve to be in any competitive scene in my opinion. Train, fight, adapt that is the moto in all fighting games. Smash is no different. I am truly disappointed by this situation. We need to try and learn from this situation that biased players create chaos in the community because of personal interest. I suggest a regulation about banning players rather than characters from tournaments that are using misinformation for personal interest and public shame in him in social media so stuff like that won't happen again.

This hurt not only the smash 4 community but the franchise image as a competitive esport game. Because of one person now everyone see us as spoiled brats that are whining in the first difficulty that arose in a character or a match up.

As a Greek representative in our competitive scene I truly ask the rest of the worldwide community to arrange this matter by an official protocol rule book which would help us set the standards for smashers behavior and tourneys to create a fun and friendly environment for all the fans of Smash Bros. This trolling and toxicity must stop.

4chanJoe

Smash Cadet
NNID
4chinJoe
I suggest a regulation about banning players rather than characters from tournaments that are using misinformation for personal interest and public shame in him in social media so stuff like that won't happen again.
Stopped right there. I'll admit; the first part I sort of agree with. The next tourney I'm hosting people can still jest and poke fun and what not, but if people get too toxic with their comments then they're going to get a warning from me.

But that second part is only going to make things worse. I am vehemently against that. Public shaming of any form, ESPECIALLY on social media, is something that should not even be bought into the discussion. In fact, that is the exact kind of thing that can turn things from civilized discussion to out of control mess that ends up making everyone on both sides of this argument look ignorant. These kinds of situations are often smoothed out by logic and cool heads prevailing. Burning someone at the stake and taking it to the internet literally benefits nobody and ends up doing more damage to the scene and community overall than any broken or OP character can. Regulating this behavior is also not 100% possible. You can't just control people. The only thing you can do is let players know that attacking people for their preference of character or just being a bad egg in general is unacceptable. And if it gets a little out of hand, take the conversation into private and settle it there.

If you won't take my word as a fellow smasher, take my word as a former 4chan janitor. The last thing we need is people doxxing each other just because they play/ban/support/loathe/love Bayonetta.

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
1) We can't wait for a nerf that may not even come. Even if the Smash community cried out over this, we don't know how Nintendo would attempt to balance Bayo. Balance is a tricky, delicate thing and can mean the difference from being a Brawl Meta Knight to a Melee Bowser. That may not be the appropriate analogy nor do balance changes ever truly hurt that much, but my point stands that we have to adapt now because that's the only thing we can do to cope.

2) This isn't the first time there has been an issue regarding whether or not a character is too good. We have had Diddy Kong, Luigi, Sheik, and now Bayonetta.

3)Banning Bayo might only be a band-aid fix on a bursting dam. Every region is different - we may try to prevent a "Brawl MK" fiasco by banning Bayo now, but what kind of rifts and cracks will it cause in the community?

Just some thoughts.

C3CC

Smash Lord
If anything I applaud Spain's decision of banning her. While I am very well aware that she has exploitable weaknesses, she does have an advantage over the immense majority of the cast. I just think she's not fair because she can deal zero-to-deaths pretty easily.

I am not very knowledgeable on the subject; I am no pro player, but from what I've seen she can seal some very early KOs with little to no effort and that is just unacceptable. I've had the opportunity to play against a couple good Bayonettas (not on For Glory, that thing is useless in my country due to poor internet service) and dealing with her is not as simple as most say: "Learn the matchup" or "DI will solve it". Sometimes not even good DI will let you escape from one of her ridiculous combos. So, my answer is simple. Yes, ban her, at least until the nerf comes (it will come someday, inevitably. It's just a matter of time).

The most annoying thing about this whole drama is that we brought this on ourselves. Or maybe not. I shouldn't include myself in that group because I never wanted her in the game in the first place. If people had voted for more first-party characters like, I don't know, WOLF, King K. Rool, Ridley, or Toad or whatever, we wouldn't have to deal with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom