• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Banning Bayonetta in Tournaments

Should Bayonetta be banned?

• Yes, she is game breaking

Votes: 157 19.6%
  • No, players need to adapt to her mechanics

Votes: 398 49.6%
  • Not sure yet, meta progress or patches could resolve the issue.

Votes: 248 30.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I feel like the concept of nerfs/changes was fine but what was provided was absolutely abysmal holy ****.

A reminder that 1.5x SDI on Meta Knight Uairs make his combos easy to escape for anyone not floaty. Now picture 2x SDI on a combo move that has WEIGHT INDEPENDENT KNOCKBACK (this means everyone in the game can just get out!).

Divekick is useless on hit, not only is the angle terrible but it does less damage too (lol what?). They could've solved literally almost every problem with this char by making stuff like Divekick bounce her and her target wayyy less high, but alas....

Oh well, this debate was interesting while it lasted.

Last edited:

Respect38

Smash Apprentice
Top 10 at worst? She doesn't have 0 to death combos, she doesn't have combos, she doesn't have combos off throws, she still have a lackluster framedata, one of her main approach option was destroyed.
How is she still top 10????
She is probably not even high tier now.
I misunderstood your original post, my bad.

I still think that you're heavily underestimating Bayonetta, but time will tell; I expect her mains to figure out new stuff to do with her. Being mid-tier isn't really a death sentence in this game like it is in other Smash games, anyway.

So the combo-focused character cant do her combos anymore.

GG smash community.
This is more the fault of Nintendo than anyone else, regardless of who you want to pin blame on--you should be putting the blame on Nintendo for being incompetent at creating a combo character that isn't broken.

Buddhahobo

Smash Lord
Nah, she still has Cloud and Meta Knight to keep her in check. (Cloud moreso since he's a fellow top tier and pretty popular.) I'd peg Diddy or Sheik as the (born-again) #1.
I'd have to see it to believe it, there.

The best character in the game in 1.1.5 was Cloud, not Bayonetta. The second best character was Rosalina.

As neither of those characters have had anything done to them as of this post, Diddy and Sheik have been moved up because the 3rd (or 5th, as was my opinion. Sheik never left the Top 3, ZSS still had 4th place because I always thought she won the Bayo matchup) has been pushed down.

Ghidorah14

Smash Ace
We had just started really developing counterplay, and now this.

Bayo was not broken; the only thing about her that needed addressing was the 0-deaths, and unfortunately, the dev team's solution to that was to basically destroy her combo game outright, instead of, I dunno, adjusting knockback, angles, and endlag.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Given recent future developments, I think it is appropriate to close this thread and allow the remaining, increasingly-and-thankfully-off-topic discussion to find homes in the appropriate threads.

It's time to push this topic out to sea on a funeral barge. (And set it on fire)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom