• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
Are you talking about SNK filtering? What a sudden change of subject

Gekkouga

Smash Cadet
Well I hope the SNK rep is a female character. We NEED those (and no, it's not a SJW thing)

Queenzooie needs some company amidst all these pretty bois.

Also - Hope i'm not the only one who LOVES going back to page 643 of this thread. Legendary

Last edited:

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
Well I hope the SNK rep is a female character. We NEED those (and no, it's not a SJW thing)

Queenzooie needs some company amidst all these pretty bois.

Also - Hope i'm not the only one who LOVES going back to page 643 of this thread. Legendary
I do not think that Nintendo or Sakurai cares anything if the character is female or male or the amount of these

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
Man, Banjo & Kazooie's release potentially being so close... just doesn't compute with me. I was 100% expecting and prepared for a November release.

As for the SNK leak: I'm really, really hoping for a female KoF character. For very... non-political reasons. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
And because I think Terry or Kyo would be painfully dull. Nakoruru or Mai all the way!

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I had confidence that BK would be released near the end of this month due to the amiibo theory, this just cements it. There won't be much left to wait now, so take heart.

I do not think that Nintendo or Sakurai cares anything if the character is female or male or the amount of these
THIS.
Really, I mean we had one last game and people were split apart over their inclusion. :ultbayonetta: Having another DLC female character added would be nice, but I don't find it an absolute quota necessity to have and meet according to fan rules. Besides, we could get further DLC after the pass is completed.

And I doubt that we'll get a SNK fighting character, they don't seem like they'd offer too much that's interesting compared to a Metal Slug one. At least, not on immediate priority, anyway.

Also, this guy gets it: https://twitter.com/KrazyBonesTV/status/1168310789402505216

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
And I doubt that we'll get a SNK fighting character, they don't seem like they'd offer too much that's interesting compared to a Metal Slug one. At least, not on immediate priority, anyway.

Also, this guy gets it: https://twitter.com/KrazyBonesTV/status/1168310789402505216
I doubt Metal Slug, really. It would be a dream come true, but putting Metal Slug before KoF would be... weird. And with how Sakurai was apparently a fan and KOF XV coming next year... I think we're getting Kyo.

KoF makes sense in a lot of ways. Plus if mechanics are your concern, there are a few to pull from and make them unique characters. Which is funny, because Smash already pulls a lot of mechanics from KoF lol.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
This made me go back to 643 (and 644, and 645), and the Spiral Mountain Smash remix popped into my head as soon as people went from being resigned to the idea that we might only get Hero to overjoyed and screaming when that Jiggy bounced across the screen.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
>next DLC fighter is Ken but in Pokémon Trainer’s outfit
can’t believe Banjo is going to have to carry the whole Fighter’s Pass by himself in his backpack
He can cary obese bears on his back, a Fighters Pass is no problem. Man's like the Atlas of the video game world.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I keep hearing about Banjo releasing soon. I've seen the 7-11 display, but I don't completely understand what it means. Can someone please explain?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I keep hearing about Banjo releasing soon. I've seen the 7-11 display, but I don't completely understand what it means. Can someone please explain?
7/11 is apparently a huge convenience store in Japan (I'm pretty sure the Mii costume for K.K. Slider in Smash 4 was originally a 7/11 giveaway). When they put up a 7/11 display for Hero, he came out within the time frame that the display was up. (people figured he'd be released at the end of it, but he came out towards the middle of that time frame)

A similar Banjo-Kazooie Smash DLC display was put up recently, and it will be taken down by September 15th. If Hero's similar display is any indication, it seems to point towards Banjo and Kazooie being released some time in the next two weeks.

Last edited:

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
7/11 is apparently a huge convenience store in Japan (I'm pretty sure the Mii costume for K.K. Slider in Smash 4 was originally a 7/11 giveaway). When they put up a 7/11 display for Hero, he came out within the time frame that the display was up. (people figured he'd be released at the end of it, but he came out towards the middle of that time frame)

A similar Banjo-Kazooie Smash DLC display was put up recently, and it will be taken down by September 15th. If Hero's similar display is any indication, it seems to point towards Banjo and Kazooie being released some time in the next two weeks.
Oh **** yeah! That's amazing news! Thanks for enlightening me! Now I'm all pumped!

AugustusB

Smash Champion
7/11 is the real MVP of letting us know when a fighter is coming. I had a hunch if Banjo was ahead of schedule, we would get them early.

I am getting pumped up for this!

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
If Banjo's early to mid September, I'd wager they're ahead of schedule. Between that and the "surplus of time and money" suddenly turning into "not enough budget for a high quality video", I think chances of a bonus character are very high.

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
So, it's down to 7/11 leak and amiibo theory. Which one will come out on top?
It's going to be interesting to see which one is correct. At least we have a time-frame of September (if true) which makes me happy since I want to play them at Big House.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
So, it's down to 7/11 leak and amiibo theory. Which one will come out on top?
You selling tickets to this fight?
Also the image of some guy throwing Amiibo's at a 7/11 is the biggest wtf thought I had in a long while.
I want to believe in the 7/11 that believes in all of us.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I can see Banjo getting released next week with the amiibo support coming with it; they don’t necessarily have to wait until they’re available for everyone.

Of course, the amiibo support could also just come later in a patch, and they just didn’t want to put it and the fighter pack together this time.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
If Banjo's early to mid September, I'd wager they're ahead of schedule. Between that and the "surplus of time and money" suddenly turning into "not enough budget for a high quality video", I think chances of a bonus character are very high.
Regular brain: bonus character.
Enlightened brain: second pass.
Galaxy brain: two extra years of DLC.

Although I figure that the budget was thrown entirely at the CGI trailers after December, and their gameplay presentations just get what's left over. Notice how :ultjoker:'s reveal was just anime, while his gameplay video was fancy enough. Then a complete reversal of sorts happened for :ulthero: and most likely :ultbanjokazooie:.

My hunch is that the pass' sales (regardless of hardcore fans' thoughts on the following two characters) will help give a bigger boost towards gameplay vids again, should the execs see if approving further DLC is worth it.

Last edited:

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord

This also goes hand-in-hand with a potential Direct coming up at the "beginning" of september and with the SNK reveal earlier.
I think that's a bit too manx coincidences to be fake, but we'll see. Maybe the 7-11 photo (Is it a scan?) is fake.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
If Banjo comes in the next 2 weeks, i'd like to question the Smash team on what their definition of Fall is.

And honestly, while the trailers are nice, I wouldn't mind if they just announced the characters instead, especially if it saves them money that might convince them to do a season 2.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Then fans would find the lack of trailers lame, and it wouldn't exactly convey the appeal of the announced characters. Besides, the staff just wants to do their best for this game, especially after how polarizing Smash 4 was.

Meanwhile, we have confirmation for something: Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is coming out next month.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...air_leaps_onto_nintendo_switch_on_october_8th

Just hope that the game does benefit from better budget allocation than Y-K proper.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
If Banjo comes in the next 2 weeks, i'd like to question the Smash team on what their definition of Fall is.

And honestly, while the trailers are nice, I wouldn't mind if they just announced the characters instead, especially if it saves them money that might convince them to do a season 2.
Thing is, if the character revealed is a character I'm not familiar with, then I'm not going to be interested. Having the trailer at least provides us a look at their moveset and what makes them stand out.

ze9

Smash Ace
So Banjo is probably releasing in about 10 days. How are you feeling?

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
Pretty *GUH-HUH*ing excited. Although, I still need to finish Astral chain and Monster Hunter World: Iceborne comes out on the 6th there's going to be a lot on my plate.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Honestly, i should really get excited for the duo when they come out, i need to hurry and finish one of the world of light files to make room for them.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Then fans would find the lack of trailers lame, and it wouldn't exactly convey the appeal of the announced characters. Besides, the staff just wants to do their best for this game, especially after how polarizing Smash 4 was.

Meanwhile, we have confirmation for something: Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair is coming out next month.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...air_leaps_onto_nintendo_switch_on_october_8th

Just hope that the game does benefit from better budget allocation than Y-K proper.
I think this was supposed to be revealed tomorrow. Here is the Japanese trailer reveal for the tonics you get in the game plus some pre-order bonuses at the end. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C2ylBZdSYw

I'm a huge Yooka Laylee stan for the first game, but this looks immensely better. Just wish it was 3D.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Can we all just take a moment to appreciate a modern day Banjo-Kazooie getting promoted along with Nintendo's icons?

Last edited:

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, i should really get excited for the duo when they come out, i need to hurry and finish one of the world of light files to make room for them.

I haven't played World of Light since I first beat it in December. I have been waiting for the Bear and Bird to do a full playthrough with just them and get all the spirits I never got. And becasue of their dash animation, I'll be seeing Kazooie talon trot Banjo around the entire map just like we were playing Banjo-Kazooie all over again, very fitting animatiom they chose

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I go back to that page once in awhile to reread everyones' reaction because it's just as exciting as the first time.

Me right now:

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
My feeling is that it's a result of working on 3 characters at once at the beginning. The longest wait was Joker because it was the time starting from scratch to when they were finished--for Hero and Banjo & Kazooie, they probably already had a lot of work done by the time Joker was released, so the wait for them was shorter. And since Hero and Banjo & Kazooie were both in a good enough state to create gameplay trailers for, it makes sense for Banjo & Kazooie to come a month or so after Hero, given how close they were to being done.

My guess is it'll be the Wednesday before the ad expires on the 11th, with a presentation before it. Much sooner than I expected, because despite speculating the above before, I didn't want my bias to convince me they were coming sooner than they actually were.

Most people here (not sure about other geographic regions) consider September Fall--it's when school starts, the weather gets cooler, even though the technical definition of Fall is much later in the month. Would have been weird for both Hero and Banjo & Kazooie's release window to be "Summer 2019". and perhaps when they had the launch window, they didn't know if the actual date would wind up in Fall. I'd much rather they estimate it as Fall, and then come out at the end of Summer, than to say it's Summer, and come out at the end of Summer or beginning of Fall.

Thewafflemaker2000

Smash Apprentice
This made me go back to 643 (and 644, and 645), and the Spiral Mountain Smash remix popped into my head as soon as people went from being resigned to the idea that we might only get Hero to overjoyed and screaming when that Jiggy bounced across the screen.
I didnt even see the jiggy the first time, I was stupidfied by king k. rool hanging with donkey kong

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Since people are reminiscing, I'll post Krazy's.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Most people here (not sure about other geographic regions) consider September Fall--it's when school starts, the weather gets cooler, even though the technical definition of Fall is much later in the month. Would have been weird for both Hero and Banjo & Kazooie's release window to be "Summer 2019". and perhaps when they had the launch window, they didn't know if the actual date would wind up in Fall. I'd much rather they estimate it as Fall, and then come out at the end of Summer, than to say it's Summer, and come out at the end of Summer or beginning of Fall.
At least it's a rough release window, just so they don't have to possibly constantly change the exact date and annoy people, and just in case dev period ends up being longer than intended. It beats the rather odd dates that were chosen for specific MK11 character releases (in particular, don't release The Joker anywhere near the month his movie gets screened, brilliant idea, good job guys).

Last edited:
Top Bottom