• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
The Breegull Bash being Banjo's fsmash... what a deep cut. Sakurai must be a big fan of both games.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
Perhaps the Switch game is a remake bundle? I hope a Diddy Kong Racing Remake and DK64 comes soon as well.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I know that you're joking and all but I'd like to note having become a Dragon Quest fan myself over the recent year that the Dragon Quest protagonists is more an issue of the developers' fault. In Dragon Quest games, while it's true that there are legendary swords that contribute to plot, the protagonist doesn't even HAVE to be a sword user. Dragon Quest has a wide variety of weapons the protagonist can use such as whips, hammers, axes, brass knuckle, boomerangs and can even order monster allies to fight in addition to being able to use magic. People that have actually played DQ know this. So this one is more on the developers for not doing more with them than just sword attacks.

It should also be noted that by virtue of popularity in Smash's homeland as well as the history and impact, Dragon Quest Hero is technically THE anime swordbearer.
I was just being tongue in cheek, parodying the whine of 'anime swordsmen' which is usually directed towards Fire Emblem in Smash.

Sounds like DQ is like FE and Final Fantasy: other weapons exist but the leads are usually depicted with swords. That was a slighr downside to the first Dissidia as almost all the heroes used swords in some fashion, even Terra.

Gallerian

Smash Apprentice
I hadn't been on this site in months, but I just had to hop back just for this reveal.

I just... This game truly is perfect. I don't even care who comes after this. It could be a freaking GOOMBA and I would still love this game. With Banjo and Kazooie here, everything else after this is just icing on the cake.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I hope that Amazon listing is a new game. I'm sure both Nintendo and Microsoft have seen the reactions to Banjo-Kazooie's reveal and know that a new game would sell like hotcakes.

Now all that's missing from the Rare crew is Dixie Kong.

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
Was....a new Banjo game supposed to be announced during E3 for this to appear. How often does Amazon put up game mistakes.
That's a good question and I'd like to have that investigated.

Like, do they really ever launch false listings? At least a XBLA-Remake bundle of the first two games might be a smart step for Microsoft, since they already licensed the characters to the platform & it takes barely any effort to develop that (Switch is so port-friendly compared to the Wii U). Then again, the price could still be a placeholder... Unless it's indeed a AAA Banjo-Threeie.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
There's still ONE more mystery about Banjo we need to solve guys:

Now that both Erdrick AND Banjo are in Smash, we have to get a datamine ASAP so we can finally put to bed which one of them was Brave?

D

Deleted member

The Breegull Bash being Banjo's fsmash... what a deep cut. Sakurai must be a big fan of both games.
That or he's just good at doing research (lucky for him, "research" is playing games). Once you've played Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie it's pretty easy to think of a moveset.

Also, congrats to all the Banjo supporters! This really was my ultimate pipe dream so I don't even really have words for how happy this makes me. Brings new meaning to "making the impossible possible". *sheds tear*

BZocky

Smash Ace
I keep accidentally looking in the Newcomer Speculation board for our thread and Erdricks. This is gonna take some getting used to

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I know that you're joking and all but I'd like to note having become a Dragon Quest fan myself over the recent year that the Dragon Quest protagonists is more an issue of the developers' fault. In Dragon Quest games, while it's true that there are legendary swords that contribute to plot, the protagonist doesn't even HAVE to be a sword user. Dragon Quest has a wide variety of weapons the protagonist can use such as whips, hammers, axes, brass knuckle, boomerangs and can even order monster allies to fight in addition to being able to use magic. People that have actually played DQ know this. So this one is more on the developers for not doing more with them than just sword attacks.

It should also be noted that by virtue of popularity in Smash's homeland as well as the history and impact, Dragon Quest Hero is technically THE anime swordbearer.
Despite the weapon issue, at least he comes with a neat gimmick (and a damned shield, it's been too long). Should be fun to see Hero users just go NOPE at all the counter-using characters with Herocide tactics.

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
Can't hurt to post it again if it already was:
-embedded media dodged the censor-

Hell yeah.

Last edited by a moderator:

dlewis53

Smash Lord

So in one of the screenshots that GameXplain discovered, Mumbo appears in the background near Grunty's Lair.
I'm curious: Does anyone know where the Banjo-Kazooie screenshots came from? Because they aren't from the official site; everytime I try to click on them, it just loops me back to the language select.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I am surprised no one on Gamefaqs is bringing up the German Banjo game listing, I thought more would care. :( :(

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
-Relevance argument is FINALLY *****ING DEAD.
Honestly it isn't dead though, because these days it seems to always be down to either relevancy or popularity. K. Rool wasn't relevant but he was popular. Same with Banjo. It's always either one or the other.

I kind of pine for the days where we could get characters that are neither of those things, but that's just the way it is now. Hopefully one day we'll come back to that so we can see more obscure characters get love.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I have an embarrassing confession;
Because the reveal trailer was set up like the Rivals trailer with King K. Rool, when I saw the shadow of Kazooie's wings spread, I thought the new fighter was going to be the Tiki Tak Tribe.
1560287088574.png

Dan

Smash Lord
Jeez, they might as well just enlist Sakurai to lead Banjo Threeie with how much effort went into Spiral Mountain and his Final Smash.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
I have an embarrassing confession;
Because the reveal trailer was set up like the Rivals trailer with King K. Rool, when I saw the shadow of Kazooie's wings spread, I thought the new fighter was going to be the Tiki Tak Tribe.
"You guys wanted Banjo from Donkey Kong Country Returns, right?"

D

Deleted member

Can someone fill me up on the thank you letter?
Is it a collective letter to Sakurai from the Banjo thread?

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
It's been around 4 and a half hours and I am still having trouble processing that this is real. In terms of gaming, this is the best timeline.

Autumn can't come soon enough.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Are we doing the same THANK YOU that the K. Rool Kremlings did? I definitely offer my support for Sakurai and everyone at Nintendo, Microsoft, and Rare who helped to make this dream come true!

Tetiro

Smash Ace
HEY! You guys made it! Congrats! You Banjo fans have been around a lot longer than us Isaac supporters and you deserve this day.

My friend went crazy the moment his beloved character got in and I can only assume many of you guys did too :)

The bear and the bird are back on Nintendo!

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I still can't believe banjo's in. I don't even care who's in. All my wants are here.

Wait, I feel funny...

What's this feeling...
WFC5Jc.gif

I've done it! I've reached "Smash Nirvana". The state in which one has all the characters they wanted, and don't care who else gets in. Only few have achieved it. For the first time in my entire history of smash...

I'm finally content.

Dan

Smash Lord
omg, this thread can't even load lol.

All I want to say is it was so cute how DK, Diddy and Rool were celebrating when it was him... warmed my heart.

andree123

Smash Ace
Done watching with this thread as the Duck Hunt Century Smash save data glitch predicted Banjo as a playable, well done SSBU programmers, gotta hold on to Sylux and Lloyd right now.

Top Bottom