• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
OH MY GOD IT HAPPENED. MY SECOND MOST WANTED CHARACTER OF ALL TIME. I'M SO HAPPY

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
THAT TRAILER WAS SO F**KING BEAUTIFUL, I CANT STOP SCREAMING, GUYS ITS FINALLY HAPPENING

I LOVE ALL OF YOU WONDERFUL PEOPLE

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I am so shook right now.

Not gonna lie, I kind of mentally threw in the towel when I saw it was Dragon Quest. Guess the bear and bird aren't making it this time. But I decided, what the hell. I'll watch the rest of the Direct, JUST in case.

And holy ****. The bear and bird are home. We'll have to wait a little while for them (probably September or October) but what's a few months compared to twenty years waiting for Banjo and Kazooie to make a comeback.

I also love that they repurposed the K. Rool trailer. They knew exactly what they were doing lol. I was too busy being hype to analyze their moveset, but there'll be plenty of time for that.

All that being said, it's like a dream come true. Characters 4 and 5 can be Bubsy and Birdo for all I care, cause Banjo and Kazooie are here to stay.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Banjo and Kazooie are finally in Smash! After years upon years of being requested, they finally made it to Ultimate! I never played their games, but I'm so happy that so many fans have actually got what they wanted. Their reveal trailer was AMAZING, super hilarious!

It's time we move this thread to the Character Discussion board! What are you waiting for mods? Banjo and Kazooie are waiting for their seat at the table!

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
Guys... Almost in tears. I shouthed when I saw the jiggy. Dk, Diddy and K. Rool clapping... Twenty tears.... They made it.

D

Deleted member

>my man Eight from DQ8 is in Smash
>the F4 are in UA3
>Banjo is in Smash

You guys don't know how happy I am to live now.

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
Also: Gruntilda appears! I hope she'll do her rhymes too, although I'm already blessed enough right now

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I HAVE NOT CRIED LIKE THIS IN YEARS!! ITS FINALLY HAPPENED! WE WON! ALL THE STRESS, ALL THE DARKNESS HAS BEEN LIFTED!

Nimbostratus

Smash Journeyman
Welp, looks like I’m going to have to finally go and buy that Fighter Pass now. A small price to pay for salvation.

Really though, a beautiful moment to end almost twenty years of disappointment for this pair. I haven’t been active on this thread, but know that I’ve been with you all the way. And now they’ve finally come home.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I HAVE NEVER CRIED THIS HARD YOU GUYS

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT

THE RAREVIVAL IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!

Hobnail Boot

Smash Cadet
That trailer was freaking perfect. As soon as that Jiggy bounced across the floor I screamed!

And I'm not going to lie. I'm still shedding tears. It's finally happened!!

Cyborg Sun

Smash Apprentice
Well, boys... Y'all did what many considered the unthinkable. I just wanted to drop by and say congrats!

...Welcome back to Nintendo, Banjo.

Saer2k

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Justin2k
3DS FC
1135-3138-2130
Switch FC
SW-1055-8581-7038
Congratulations Banjo fans, the leaks were real. This is officially the best timeline for smash dlc.

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
Remember when we thought all hope was lost when The Hero was revealed? Ah, good times...

Kronch

Smash Cadet
What the heck, even as a supporter of this character I had no idea they would be that awesome

Y'all fought the good fight, congrats :D :D :D

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Everything looks so magical. From the stage to Grunty to of course the duo themselves. Even the trailer being a callback was fantastic. It was pure magic. Guhuh my Dreamers Guhuh. We win.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
OH YES. BOTH THE BANJO FAN AND DRAGON QUEST FAN IS ME IS ELATED!!!

Moral of the story: Don't jump the gun.

Congrats Erdrick and Banjo fans!!!!

Gazorpazorpfield

Smash Journeyman
Coming from the Master Chief thread to congratulate you guys on getting your boy (and bird!)

The music in this DLC pack is gonna be gooooooddd. Embarrass

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Well guys, congratulations! Banjo is back with a sweet looking model, trailer was super funny too. Hope y’all enjoy the character!

Heading back to the Erdrick thread now. :)

D

Deleted member

I was legit brought to tears by that reveal... 18 years.

Sakurai did more justice to the duo than nuRare ever has. Holy ****. I can't stop watching that reveal.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You know just how happy everyone involved had to be getting Banjo-Kazooie in. Even the characters in the trailer are celebrating their inclusion.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
As a Geno Fan and a lover of Banjo, I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS!

THEY F'N DID IT GUYS! NINTENDO GOT JIGGY WITH IT!

ALSO, RARING TO GO?! HOLY **** SAKURAI IS A GOD!

I saw someone in the chat on YT saying they never wanted Banjo...

ALL THE BANJO HATERS... GET GUH-HUHCKED!

D

Deleted member

I want to hug everyone at the Erdrick and Banjo threads so much right now..

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
"Banjo-Kazooie are rarin' to go!"

This is perfect. At long last, the dynamic duo is here.

This is a repeat of the August Smash Direct. Like Simon, The Hero is adored in Japan (and hey, Erdrick is in). Like, K. Rool, Banjo is adored here in the west. We got the best of both worlds. I can't wait!!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
It is with great pleasure that I move this thread to Banjo-Kazooie's official character forum. Guh-huh, everybody.

Top Bottom