• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice

Chris is Banjo supporter. Of course there's no guarantee that he knows DLC...
My body is ready.

See, this is why Banjo-Kazooie(NOT JUST BANJO) stands above anyone else, except K. Rool and Ridley before they were added in. There has not been another video game character to cause people to do things like this. If Banjo-KAZOOIE are announced, the internet would literally implode. Think K. Rool but 1000000000000000X greater.

All of us! ;_;
Even if it's the Nuts and bolts design, people will still cry.

Last edited:

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
Reminder to Banjo Boomers/Bros that Erdrick fans have been super nice to Banjo fans, if Erdrick is announced and Banjo isn't then don't get angry at Erdrick fans. I can't assume the same for a certain other characters fans, but try and be nice to anyone.

D

Deleted member

Only 3 hours remain!

And I may be not be able to attend the livestream because I'll be away from wifi and with only like 1.5 gigs left in my mobile plan I don't wanna waste it watching a 40 minute livestream ;n;

That said, I'll be avoiding this forum, twitter, and youtube till then and just watch the stream when it's wrapped up and uploaded on nintendo's youtube channel

If my bear and bird are back I want it to be a humungous surprise!

Good luck to all of us, and just be patient! It's almost time!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
i am currently listening to a DVGM playlist and at the time of this comment being posted The Tune from Clanker's Cavern where you unlock his key is playing, Pretty Eerie don't you say?

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
Cant believe today's the day. I'm feeling a mix of emotions between anxiety and excitement. Whatever happens I just wanna say that my time spent on this thread will always be cherished looking back. I couldnt think of a better group of people to spend this speculation period with!!!

GUH-HUH! Can't wait to be talking about banjos frame data!!!!

ze9

Smash Ace
Reminder to Banjo Boomers/Bros that Erdrick fans have been super nice to Banjo fans, if Erdrick is announced and Banjo isn't then don't get angry at Erdrick fans. I can't assume the same for a certain other characters fans, but try and be nice to anyone.
Yeah, that's the main reason why I'm fully on board with Erdrick, now. Hope he is character #3. Banjo and Erdrick have been loyal brothers in arms during the Great Steve Wars, they both deserve to get in.

Count me in the "I'm gonna tear up" camp, too.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just a quick reminder that posting a bunch of embedded Youtube videos on one page slows that page down considerably, especially on mobile browsers. It might be better to post a direct link instead.

Kronch

Smash Cadet
Ridley got teased by Resetera admins too, though. Just like Banjo.
They were all saying things like "BIG announcements for Smash" or thing like that. But I don't think there was much buzz outside of that.
Meanwhile a LOT of journalists and insiders are now commenting on the Banjo situation. But I like this, it bodes well for the future of the gfranchise.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for just a little more.
I wasn't around for Ridley speculation, so my theory here might not be completely right, though I did always get the impression that people thought the Ridley leaks were a pipe dream until they really happened. However, I think we agree about Banjo, which is the important thing here.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Just a quick reminder that posting a bunch of embedded Youtube videos on one page slows that page down considerably, especially on mobile browsers. It might be better to post a direct link instead.
If they're put inside spoiler tags do they still lag the page as well?

MattX20

Smash Hero
Hey there; stopping by from the Geno thread to wish you all good luck. As someone who wants Geno and Banjo in, I'm hoping at the very least the latter appears.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If they're put inside spoiler tags do they still lag the page as well?
Yes, yes they do. Just link them, please.

To those that live in the Pacific Time Zone, please do not tell us if Banjo & Kazooie are joining. I want to see it myself. Thank you.
The direct's at the same overall time worldwide. The time difference is what time is in your timezone itself. It's not airing at different times overall. It's completely worldwide.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
I wasn't around for Ridley speculation, so my theory here might not be completely right, though I did always get the impression that people thought the Ridley leaks were a pipe dream until they really happened. However, I think we agree about Banjo, which is the important thing here.

Ridley gave off the exact same unbelievable feeling. People said he was coming, most people didnt beleive it until they saw it.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played the BK games yet, but I'll use this photo for the rest of the week if they get in. Good luck, and don't explode in rage if they don't join today.

Last edited:

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
I haven't played the BK games yet, but I'll use this photo for the rest of the week if they get in. Good luck, and don't explode in rage if they don't join today.
*crack*
*sip*
that's a fine profile picture my friend

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I made a bingo card for this direct.
eufj7Rl pre.png

Ports refers to any ports, I used Todd because...well...take a wild guess. Paper Mario refers to a new game, not a TTYD remake/port. The smash envelope refers to a character that's not Banjo or Erdrick/DQ. I don't guess the rest needs an explanation.

Making these bingo cards is almost like a ritual to me at this point.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I don’t know about anyone else but I slept like ****. Probably because I’m so anxious for the direct. Like I’m arguably more anxious than I was for a really big job interview last week which is probably very telling about my priorities in life.

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
Either way, its a win or win for me, i love both Banjo Kazooie and Dragon Quest, and Dragon Quest 11 is my favorite game of all time

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I will absolutely start crying, right here at work in my chair, if they're announced. Nothing like a grown ass 30 year old dude just bawling at work, hah. With all the hype and anticipation going into this there's a good chance I'll cry if they don't make it in as well, but that's not quite as likely.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
This feels like Ridley all over again. The insiders leaked and backed him, but nobody believed them until he was shown off. I'm really hoping that's the case again here.

Banjo is about the only character I can think of who can not only match the Ridley and K Rool reveals in terms of hype, but top it as well. Aside from maybe Geno, I can't think of another character who had been wanted by the fans for this long.

Last edited:

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
Morning, friends. No matter what happens, I'm here with you. I'm still skeptical about this, and I have my fears that we'll be getting a surprise, one that a lot of people won't see coming. Either way, brace yourselves.

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
This feels like Ridley all over again. The insiders leaked and backed him, but nobody believed them until he was shown off. I'm really hoping that's the case again here.
Recap me on this lads; which insiders are specifically advocating for Banjo? Only Shinobi comes to mind since that's where the whole speculation started.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Recap me on this lads; which insiders are specifically advocating for Banjo? Only Shinobi comes to mind since that's where the whole speculation started.
Sabi's sources hinted at banjo twice, vergeben is backing banjo. also back in feb indiegamerchick, whos a micro insider, hinted that banjo was happening

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
To those that live in the Pacific Time Zone, please do not tell us if Banjo & Kazooie are joining. I want to see it myself. Thank you.
I'm not sure what you mean; it's being broadcast worldwide simultaneously.

waddledeeonredyoshi

Smash Lord
Alright, I've been lurking this thread long enough and rn it's time for me to speak up.

I've never been a personal Banjo-Kazooie supporter since I have no personal attachment to the duo, yet I am rooting hard for you guys. It feels like it has been so long since we got our last true fan pleaser character, which the likes of Steve and Erdrick definitely wouldn't be. It's safe to say you guys have been through alot, even more than a Bandana Dee supporter like me. And Banjo is in a more dire situation than he ever has been. It's basically now or never for them.

You guys have my energy. Good luck!

Top Bottom