• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Im convinced many people know at this point. This is how articles are published almost immediately after a livestream, with edited art, picutres etc. They are just abided by NDA to not spoil it.

Honestly think many people are messing around with the fanbase at this point. Hopefully for good reasons
Well press kits are a thing that get sent out. Is Smash DLC going to be one of the ones that gets provided to people beforehand though?

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
This isn’t bad for us right?

Shes actually being funny if you read all her posts. Shes as stressed as we are. Not sure if she even believes her old co-workers

Well press kits are a thing that get sent out. Is Smash DLC going to be one of the ones that gets provided to people beforehand though?

If its news coverage, i dont see why not.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Welp cant go to sleep. Might go through the night without sleeping for even a minute at this point.
The anticipation is killing me the most. I couldn't go to sleep and I got up a 3:30am.

This isn’t bad for us right?
Nah she said that Rare is sneaky. Besides Shinobi is our best source for Banjo Kazooie being included. He's putting his perfect leaking career on the line for this and everyone says he knows what he is doing.

D

Deleted member

I don’t think we should be worried because if I remembered correctly you can lie if your under an nda

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Well, I have a busy morning to distract me. I won't look until the Direct is done an hour later. I want to get the surprise all in one go, like the August Direct, not having to worry seeing something at the start and dreading through the Direct that it means my hopes are dashed (as I would have felt about K Rool after seeing Simon). I'll be too distracted about Smash news to care about their other news. I'll see the Smash character, then check out their other stuff.

So good luck to everyone and let's hope no matter who it is that people act professional and polite. Of course, you can flip tables in excitement too, just make sure you cleared the table first beforehand.

This has been the most difficult and draining jiggy to get.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don’t think we should be worried because if I remembered correctly you can lie if your under an nda
Daley said she was hopeful in SPITE of her Rare friends saying he's not in. It's hard to say if it means anything at all either way but it should be brought up.

The Chris Scullion thing could be something, as he liked 3 tweets saying Banjo out of the over 50 replies so far.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Daley said she was hopeful in SPITE of her Rare friends saying he's not in. It's hard to say if it means anything at all either way but it should be brought up.

The Chris Scullion thing could be something, as he liked 3 tweets saying Banjo out of the over 50 replies so far.
Liking comments doesn't really mean much unless he has insider information and is specifically picking out the comments to show that they are correct about the next fighter. Besides we should not lose hope unless Shinobi gets this wrong.

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
What do you think Banjo-Kazooie's tagline would say if they actually get in?

"Banjo-Kazooie come home!"

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
Well I feel bad for you over at America who can't sleep. Here in Holland it's 1:14 pm, it's study week so we don't have to go to university, but tomorrow I have an exam. CAN'T LEARN. Always better than "can't sleep" I think :laugh:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'd say good luck but Banjo & Kazooie are my second most wanted characters for Smash, so I have something invested in this too.

I'm crossing everything that today will be our day.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Liking comments doesn't really mean much unless he has insider information and is specifically picking out the comments to show that they are correct about the next fighter. Besides we should not lose hope unless Shinobi gets this wrong.
His tweet indicates he's in know as he's saying "we will like the character". Like I said, could be something, could be nothing. A lot of people will be in the know today, as they have to publish pre-written articles as soon as the news drops.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
His tweet indicates he's in know as he's saying "we will like the character". Like I said, could be something, could be nothing. A lot of people will be in the know today, as they have to publish pre-written articles as soon as the news drops.
Considering he's UK Based and has been a journalist for so many years ( Official Nintendo Magazine) he probably has connections. Rare is based out of the UK too.

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman

Well with all the hate Erdrick gets these days, it isn't a character I would say "we would like it" to. Some people will, but the Banjo or Geno or [...] is much bigger and one of the most discussioned characters for years now.

Nartic

Smash Cadet

Chris is Banjo supporter. Of course there's no guarantee that he knows DLC...

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Steve didn't know about K. Rool, and he just really wants to see Banjo back like the rest of us so I don't think he'd know about Banjo.
As I said before. I'm riding the hypetrain to spiral mountain or off a cliff. Hypetrain full steam ahead, baby!

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion

Chris is Banjo supporter. Of course there's no guarantee that he knows DLC...

Yeah, but now he's singing a different tune. That was 2 days ago

Edit: Yes, imo i think he does know something others dont.

Last edited:

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
At this point I’m afraid it’s not Banjo just cause of the endless ****posting that’ll happen if it’s not

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

I do admit that his tweet does raise an eyebrow. Well we can add him to the deck as a bonus but really our main priority first and foremost should be Shinobi.

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
If it makes anyone more hopeful, usually by this point we had a multitude of insiders vehemently denying the grinch leak days before the 11.1 direct.

Not one, i repeat, not ONE insider has gone on record to deny Banjo's chances, which usually at this point, they do, even in very cryptic ways. This should tell people something.

And if common consensus shows, it usually means something good

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
If it makes anyone more hopeful, usually by this point we had a multitude of insiders vehemently denying the grinch leak days before the 11.1 direct.

Not one, i repeat, not ONE insider has gone on record to deny Banjo's chances, which usually at this point, they do, even in very cryptic ways. This should tell people something.

And if common consensus shows, it usually means something good
I agree, its time to let go and turn the frown upside down

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524

ya sure? i mean it does sound nice and all but like many here i still have some doubts until the direct reveal happens

ps.i still haven't slept the hype is messing with me

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
ya sure? i mean it does sound nice and all but like many here i still have some doubts until the direct reveal happens

ps.i still haven't slept the hype is messing with me
I mean, yes. His June 9th tweets indicated he didnt know the character, while today he seems mighty confident about something

Last edited:

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
looks like Vergebens last statement before the direct.
verg.png

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
I mean, yes. His June 9th tweets indicated he didnt know the character, while today he seems mighty confident about something
He's in guys. I'm willing to accept that my optimism has a .01% of not aging well in the future. But for all intents and purposes he's in as far as I'm concerned

99B149D1-9A36-406D-AC1C-0A603F9F3672.jpeg

Last edited:

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
i wonder if he sought it out or if someone out of the blue dropped it out on him
Hes a game reporter. People like this get press exclusivity and packages to do their job. Wouldnt be surprised if he, along with many others, saw the direct already. We know this happens. It happened for the 11.1 direct when many insiders already said things that were in that direct before hand ("isaac is an assist trophy", etc)

xwingz900

Smash Apprentice
Well I managed to get to sleep, got up super early though so it's still like 5 hours away.

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
Just 4 hours more now. Can't wait.
So I'll make a list of Banjo songs that I would like to get in Smash.

-Spiral Mountain
-Gruntilda's Lair
-Gruntilda's Lair (Furnace Fun Version)
-Clanker's Cavern / Inside Clanker
-Freezeezy Peak
-Gobi's Valley
-Rusty Bucket Bay / Grunty's Industries
-Click Clock Wood
-Final Battle
-Isle O' Hags
-Mayahem Temple
-Glitter Gulch Mine
-Mr. Patch
-Hailfire Peaks
-Cloud Cuckooland

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
it does seem weird nobody's backing off banjo claims(not even shinobi with his little tease)

are they really that confident he'll show up today?

Top Bottom