• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Gekkouga

Smash Cadet
Be honest with me, Banjobros...which one of you will cry tears of joy if the bear and bird are revealed?
I know I will. ;-;
I know i will

Imagine if the B&K reveal trailer involves a homecoming party. All N64 characters clapping like in their losing animations. Then Donkey and Diddy jump in to meet their old pals back, the camera turns back and GUH-HUH!

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
I know I'll seem like a downer but I have to be for my own sake. I'm going to go in expecting the worst thing possible. 4 more FE characters. Anything will be better. But if it's the two characters I've wanted in for nearly my entire life that would be great. Banjo-Kazooie is still easily in my top 3 (the top 3 change depending on the day) and Tooie is still somewhere in my top 10. I really hope a good thing happens today.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Sakurai said back in E3 2018 about making the impossible, possible. Most people thought Banjo Kazooie were impossible so...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Just want to wish you guys good luck, a year ago it was us Ridley fans that were in your position, so I know how anxious some of you must be, and I hope you get the same happy ending that we did. I've never had a particular opinion on Banjo myself as I haven't played the games (yet!), but it would be an incredible moment if he finally returns after fans of his franchise have waited for so long and have had to deal with so many disappointments, there are very few fanbases that would deserve it as much as you guys.

And hey, even if it doesn't happen today, it might still do later, I feel like there's definitely too much smoke for there to not be some kind of fire. We've had leaks before that were true, but the timing of them were wrong (the Ridley ResetEra hints for example), so just keep your heads high.

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I know I'll seem like a downer but I have to be for my own sake. I'm going to go in expecting the worst thing possible. 4 more FE characters. Anything will be better. But if it's the two characters I've wanted in for nearly my entire life that would be great. Banjo-Kazooie is still easily in my top 3 (the top 3 change depending on the day) and Tooie is still somewhere in my top 10. I really hope a good thing happens today.
if any of those fire emblem characters Anna or Tiki i would feel pleased.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
I see, thanks for the update on the speculation. Did Sabi just post those images with no word or did she specify that those pictures came from her source?

This image plus the witch image came from her source as hints. I forget and don't have images to back up anything she might have said along with these images though, sorry!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Remember, don’t get upset if the duo are not in. It won’t be the end of the world. Even if they don’t get in, we still will have supported them all the way before today.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
2-Hours remain, its best to visualize this situation to the movie Ridley Scott’s Martian where you are grasping for either it’s a Successful Save or did everything you could to save him. Right now It’s All or Nothing and we must brace for the worst for this moment. This scene is us, we live and die in our belief that Banjo-Kazooie is Now or Never. If we lose, we will all lose together as a fanbase that did not give up to the bitter end

https://youtu.be/jSjI7gwuKtg

D

Deleted member

This image plus the witch image came from her source as hints. I forget and don't have images to back up anything she might have said along with these images though, sorry!
When someone asked if Santiago gave them to her, her response was, "Maybe." So that implies Santiago sent them.

Reminder that Santiago was the guy who sent Sabi the hint pick for Link's Awakening. The one with the giant blue crab.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
As far as I've seen, Erdrick fans have been nothing but kind and supportive to us Banjo Bois. I'll cross my fingers for them as well. They deserve our support.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I think as a whole the majority of the Banjo fans on SmashBoards are pretty welcoming of any character. I'll be happy for any character's fanbase of any character that gets announced. I will admittedly be a little bummed if it's Steve just because that does somewhat lower Banjo's chances, but I'm actually supportive of Minecraft as well.

Regardless of what happens in a couple hours, they're still the same characters we've grown to love, and nothing's going to change that.

ChadBrosuke

Smash Rookie
Omg if this happens today Im actually gonna cry. Grew up with Banjo-Kazooie and lobed all the games, and ever since Smash Wii U the bear and bird have been my number 1 pick. Please Sakurai! Even Microsoft gave you the OK, so let this dream become a reality!

StellerRJay

~Chocobo Lover~
Switch FC
4077-3863-9308
I was actually so excited that I had a bit of trouble sleeping. And to make matters worse I ended up waking up too early so I have to wait for the direct anyway, haha. Well no worries. That just means I get to wait it out with all you awesome fellas. The time is near! Geez, the suspense is crazy! Wooo!~

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I hope to see Duck Hunt vs Banjo-Kazooie somewhere in the trailer or on the website. :ultduckhunt:

DwhitetheGamer

Smash Rookie
If Banjo and Kazooie make it to Smash, I've been thinking of three potential stage locales.

Spiral Mountain: potentially a stage similar to Delfino Plaza and New Donk City where players fight on a platform and it moves to show the entirety of the beginning level.

The Top of Gruntilda's Lair: most likely a banned stage from how I describe it, but a single stage where Gruntilda Winkybunion(I still get a hearty laugh at the last name) swoops in and fights the players during the match.

Jinjo Village: Seeing how the Jinjo King loves competition, he set up an arena for the fighters while the Jinjos and King watch.

D

Deleted member

If Banjo and Kazooie make it to Smash, I've been thinking of three potential stage locales.

Spiral Mountain: potentially a stage similar to Delfino Plaza and New Donk City where players fight on a platform and it moves to show the entirety of the beginning level.

The Top of Gruntilda's Lair: most likely a banned stage from how I describe it, but a single stage where Gruntilda Winkybunion(I still get a hearty laugh at the last name) swoops in and fights the players during the match.

Jinjo Village: Seeing how the Jinjo King loves competition, he set up an arena for the fighters while the Jinjos and King watch.
Oooo, I love the Jinjo Village idea

D

Deleted member

We’re almost there!!!

Anything new from shinobi from resetera?

Last edited by a moderator:

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
We’re almost there!!!

Anything new from shinobi from resetera?
Still silent as can be on the matter.

I heard Verg doubled down on Banjo. Is that true?
He doubled down on the 99%. Also said something about still being confident Minecraft content is in the game in some way and says Erdrick is supposedly in but not sure when that'll happen.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I hope Click Clock Wood (Spring) plays in the new stage if Banjo and Kazooie are playable.

Top Bottom