• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

zferolie

Smash Hero
30 minutes left. Still is looking like banjo will be the character, though haven't seen any leaks the last few days. Good luck from the shantae fans!

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
One thing to keep in mind - we DON'T want the opening of the direct to be a Smash reveal.

You may ask "Why? Are you stupid Taco Cruise?" - Think of it this way, Nintendo likely would not lead off an E3 direct showcasing a Microsoft character. That would be a strange business decision. Think of it like why would McDonald's start an investor meeting announcing that their going to add the BK Whopper to their menu. We want the Smash reveal somewhere in the middle or at the very end.

Nartic

Smash Cadet
I believe BK has a chance even if it is not today.

But I'm praying for the Iconic duo to come back today.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Battletoads was there, so there wasn't a lack of it.

But we already knew there's no way a character reveal would happen there anyway. Sakurai made it clear the next reveal was at the Nintendo direct, so...
Battletoads isn't being made by Rare right? Ah whatever, I'm out! I want to see Nintendo's E3 with my own eyes.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Battletoads isn't being made by Rare right? Ah whatever, I'm out! I want to see Nintendo's E3 with my own eyes.
New one isn't. Was still a Rare IP.

Rare itself hasn't made a game in ages outside of some Kinect stuff and Sea of Thieves. I don't think Sea of Thieves was there, though?

I thought you meant old Rare IP's being lacking, not the current stuff they were working on. My bad.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
15 minutes to go.

15 minutes until we find out whether the bear and bird duo makes it in. This is it guys. Lets be faithful that all our hope and demand had not been for nothing!

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
This will be my last post before the craziness starts. See you guys on the other side. I appreciate every single one of you.

Dixie Kong

Smash Ace
I hope in addition to Banjo as a fighter, that we receive a Rare Replay port with the DKC and Banjo GBA games!!!

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Around 13 minutes to go and with that I'm out til the direct is over. See you on the other side, let's see how this pans out!

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I've not felt the need to post here during this speculation period, as while I am a tremendous fan (don't care to argue how big the series is, Banjo-Kazooie was just a big part of my childhood) and did not see it as impossible, I didn't want to get vocal/greedy after getting so many of my personal wants this time around (Ridley, Dark Samus, K. Rool, etc.). But I suppose it is better late than never to say I'm hoping for the best outcome, yet prepared for the worst (exact same place I was last E3 with waiting on Ridley).

Regardless of what happens, the pessimism/mopiness here has run its course, and I think that our attitude shouldn't change even worse comes to worst. People aren't going to be 100% satisfied no matter what, and things aren't ever going to be absolutely certain. I would hope a revival for the series would start, but even if it isn't I would damn well be content just getting stuff like a Banjo-Kazooie amiibo, and to say that I held my head high throughout it all (without kicking other fans down, that part I don't condone).

We'll know for sure soon enough if Shinobi/Vergeben's claims hold true. I'm certainly not counting chickens before they hatch, but I'm already beginning to look forward to the potential version of these videos B&K would get:

I won't be able to compose myself while watching the Direct at work if it happens (I nearly screamed in a library last year for Ultimate's reveal).
Who else wants to see Bestguyever do a montage of Banjo and Kazooie if they get in?

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
My heart is racing too fast, dear lord the Anticipation is destroying my very soul.

Its too late to turn back, its too late for doubts, its Banjo or Death now.

Natsuccki

Smash Rookie
The time is among us! Best of luck, BanjoBros! Here's to hoping our jiggyhunters get into Smash!! Let's have a great Direct!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Alright Nintendo, what can I say? Blow me away. Banjo in Smash please.

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Well ladies and gentlemen, this is it. The moment we have all been waiting for, for almost 20 years we have clamored for it, and now finally, it may arrive. This is the equivalent of video game nirvana for me, the ultimate dream come true. I'm not even sure what I'll have to look forward to after this, but I've enjoyed all of the discussion and speculation along the way. Rev up your Banjo's, practice your best Guh-huhs and prepare to step into the light as the new dawn arrives. What a Rare occasion indeed.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan

"This is bear-y exciting! I can bear-ly stand the anxiety! I hope I'm not bear-ied in disappointment!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Good luck everyone! Fingers crossed that the bird and bear will finally make their way to Smash Bros.

It's crazy to think they might finally make it to the roster after everything that happened with Rare. They almost certainly would have been added to Smash Bros before now if that hadn't happened I think.

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
About 5 more minutes. I keep telling myself to remain calm and have low expectations, but my heart is still racing right now.
Come on Bear and Bird!

Top Bottom