• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
I have a job interview in two hours and I'm more nervous about Banjo's chances than my own, but it is reassuring to see Verge doubling down on his 99% statement - come to think of it, the way he worded it this Morning kind of implies that he believes Banjo is today and Erdrick will come later down the road, but he also said he has no idea. I think if Banjo doesn't show up today it's still possible to get him, but I'll be sad. Good luck Banjo Bros

Chrollo.

fka president wario
These 4 hours are gonna kill me, lol.

Also why are people claiming Banjo isn’t popular in Japan now? He’s one of their most wanted right now. It’s like people claiming K Rool wasn’t popular there when he was their most requested for a very long time.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
We just a few hours away fellas... could today REALLY be the day we've been waiting years for?? I really do I hope so... here's a happy Banjo for some hope! :grin:

banjo-kazooie.jpg

Last edited:

yani

Smash Lord
I'm sooooooooooo anxious and nervous. I woke up at 5:30 am and now I'm just waiting for time to pass. I really really hope this is our day.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
What did Verge say?
Nothing new. Just that he wouldn’t post any new leaks for the direct, repeated he doesn’t know the DLC Order, Minecraft content is coming, and that Erdrick is in & Banjo has a 99% chance of being in.

Last edited:

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Banjo Kazooie as the fighter
Minecraft Mii Costume
Master Chief Mii Costume
Spiral Mountain as the stage
Bottles will be a spirit hahaha

ze9

Smash Ace
He is still 99% on Banjo Kazooie, He thinks Erdrick will arrive at a later date and that there is still going to be Minecraft content.
Sounds good. Very good.
I got kinda attached to Erdrcik, lmao. But right now I just need to see Banjo and Kazooie.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Good morning all (or whatever time it currently is for you outside of America).
I decided this last night when I logged off, I'm going 100% in. I already know how it feels to get burned so IF it does happen and Banjo is sadly not in, I'll get over the pain fairly quickly compared to the past. I'm a Geno supporter too after all and was rooting for K. Rool and Ridley for many years before they got in. I 100% believe in Shinobi. Long as the dude doesn't back out at the last second (and I don't think he will), I think we're in for a great time.

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
This is happening, isn't it?
Last year Ridley got teased kinda like Banjo did, but I don't remember there being this much noise. I guess bear & bird coming back really is a big deal. As it should be.

Last edited:

Dyamanttine

Smash Journeyman
Last year Ridley got teased kinda like Banjo did, but I don't remember being this much noise. I guess bear & bird coming back really is a big deal. As it should be.
It is my friend... So unreal

Kronch

Smash Cadet
Last year Ridley got teased kinda like Banjo did, but I don't remember being this much noise. I guess bear & bird coming back really is a big deal. As it should be.
I think that most people assumed Ridley was a fake, since that leak seemed so similarly fake to the hundreds of leaks that came before it with Ridley in them. Now that we know that those same leakers have legitimate info and have gotten tons of stuff right, we have reason to believe the leaks- and therefore more reason to celebrate. :)

ze9

Smash Ace
I think that most people assumed Ridley was a fake, since that leak seemed so similarly fake to the hundreds of leaks that came before it with Ridley in them. Now that we know that those same leakers have legitimate info and have gotten tons of stuff right, we have reason to believe the leaks- and therefore more reason to celebrate. :)
Ridley got teased by Resetera admins too, though. Just like Banjo.
They were all saying things like "BIG announcements for Smash" or thing like that. But I don't think there was much buzz outside of that.
Meanwhile a LOT of journalists and insiders are now commenting on the Banjo situation. But I like this, it bodes well for the future of the gfranchise.

Let's keep our fingers crossed for just a little more.

Bomber57

Smash Cadet
The final hours are upon us. I haven't been in this thread very long compared to some of you, but I've waited over ten years for this day.

ze9

Smash Ace

This medley of Kazooie and Tooie's songs from Nuts & Bolts should be used in the reveal trailer.
The part where Freezeezy Peak kicks in feels glorious, it sounds like the perfect soundtrack for the duo finally coming home.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Right now I'm hoping for Banjo, expecting Erdrick, and fearing Steve.

Waking up to Verge doubling down on Banjo is somewhat reassuring. He seems to be more certain of Banjo, but doesn't know when Erdrick is coming. I still say a Western event like E3 would be a terrible place to reveal a character that's really only popular and known in Japan.

Regarding Rare, I don't think anybody there knows just like they didn't know about K Rool. I think they're just as in the dark as we are.

We still have Shinobi's backing, and the fact that not one insider or gaming journalist fought against the Banjo rumors like they did with the Grinch leak speaks volumes.

Remember that if Banjo is not shown today (assuming the character is not another Microsoft rep), then there's no rule that says that Banjo can't be one of the other three characters. Do not lose hope.

Only a few more hours to go. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
E3 day has finally arrived. Today's work day will be the longest work day in my life lol. I won't be watching the direct until 4-5 hours after it airs. I so wish I can watch it live. I'll do my best not to get spoiled thought the temptation will be severely strong. May Jiggywiggy's fortune shine for all of us on this day.

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
Be honest with me, Banjobros...which one of you will cry tears of joy if the bear and bird are revealed?
I know I will. ;-;

Top Bottom