• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I Pray for the duo to be in smash by tomorrow, if they don't somehow appear then i might just disappear from this site. i hope you all have a good night.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Alright, last post for the night.

If Banjo isn't revealed at the Direct, then I think I'm gonna disappear from Smashboards until the next DLC is announced. I don't want to be around the constant negativity, defeatism, and pessimism. That takes the fun out of it for me. However, if Banjo isn't shown tomorrow and the character isn't another Microsoft rep, then that doesn't mean his chances are gone. It's not over until the very last DLC.

We have Shinobi's backing. He teased Banjo using the same words that he used to leak Ultimate. He's had plenty of time to clarify or backtrack on his statement, and he hadn't. That to me speaks volumes. He does not strike me as a troll and that would be a huge hit to his reputation, and to ResetEra, if he was trolling or if he's wrong. Why would he be wrong now?

For what he's worth, Verge has also yet to backpedel on his Banjo comment, and he's also putting what's left of his reputation on the line.

Sabi isn't hinting at any character, and it would be in incredible poor taste for Nintendo to use beloved characters that fans have been asking for the past 20 years as leakbait.

I'm cautiously optimistic and that's how I'll be going into the Direct.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
And iirc, ResetEra actually bans anyone who makes a fake leak or false information.

Anyway, it’s the 11th where I am! We know the drill!

Btw, when it does the Direct start in Central Time?

D

Deleted member

And iirc, ResetEra actually bans anyone who makes a fake leak or false information.

It starts at 11:00 am in central

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
I’ve recently been reliving earlier Ultimate hype by watching reaction videos from various YouTubers. Watching reaction videos has always been a beloved pastime for me. Not clickbait Fine Bros stuff, but the videos that just show some random person crying/geeking out to trailers/reveals. MCU trailer reactions were always a favorite for this reason. There’s a 1 hour compilation on YouTube that is just dozens and dozens of different people of all walks of life reacting to the reveal of Spider-Man in the Civil War trailer that I’ve watched more times than I’d care to admit. I remember seeing that trailer for the first time and literally screaming at the top of my lungs with excitement and pure, childlike happiness, and part of what made that moment so special was knowing how many people were made just as happy as I was by that moment. I’m a sucker for cultural camaraderie in that sense. That reveal was so special because the MCU up to that point was an incomplete dream. Yes, The Avengers was fantastic, and the way we were able to see multiple different characters from separate franchises influence each other’s development was genuinely groundbreaking, but it felt hollow without Spider-Man. Spider-Man, more than any other character in Marvel, always felt like a character shaped by his surroundings in a larger universe. Spider-Man on his own is fine, but the real pathos of the character can only be properly conveyed in the context of a universe where seemingly “better” and more “heroic” figures serve as a backdrop to his life and how he fashions himself. Spider-Man always felt like a fellow reader/audience member reacting to the Marvel universe, and missing out on that dynamic always made the MCU feel... like it wasn’t whole.

That’s why his addition to the MCU meant so much. And this certainly isn’t the first time I’ve made this comparison on this thread, but on what may very well be the eve of Banjo & Kazooie’s Smash debut, it feels more potent than ever before. Smash Bros, since its inception, has felt like a mission to celebrate every aspect of Nintendo and gaming history. Banjo being left out of that equation due to lame technicalities has always felt so unfair. And I’m looking forward to reveling in the shared relief/ecstasy of seeing that initial Smash promise finally fulfilled.

Here’s to Smash Bros, friends.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace

This one thing I'd like to highlight before I go tonight.

I'm pretty sure ResetEra outright bans fake leaks. Do you know how bad it would look it one of their admins was posting a fake leak or was trolling? I trust in Shinobi.

Don’t worry guys. Tomorrow will be the big day. There’s a reason we didn’t see Banjo at Xbox’s conference. Nintendo have a history of wanting the big surprises all to themselves. Announcing Banjo out of nowhere despite not being present anywhere else is exactly what they want. Mark my words

Blue Mint

Smash Cadet
Everytime i see a comment of hopes and Dreams for Banjo, i think in Banjo doing a Spirit Bomb to Grotesque Steve, like Vs. Buu.

Hush_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hushhh
Switch FC
SW-7310-0229-2822
is it possible that Nintendo bought the rights to Banjo Kazooie? Maybe Microsoft sold the IP...

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
I probably won't be able to see the direct live because my sleep schedule is weird, but all I'll say is that regardless of whether or not Banjo makes it, I already have the Fighter's pass. Still, I just hope for Banjo because it would mean that this whole thing will finally be put to rest (like with Ridley and K Rool)

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Last post for the night. Just want to say how far Banjo & Kazooie have come into being potentially playable.

Prior to last year's E3 presentation, I never looked at leaks. I went in blind. I expected the presentation to be mostly Smash-centric. I was blown away when :ultsnake: finally came back and everyone would be coming back. And then :ultridley: was FINALLY announced at the end of the direct. I literally said "HOLY ****!" when his official tagline appeared. We Metroid fans waited for him to be playable for so long. And then August came and :ultkrool: is in Smash as well. The two characters I wanted the most are finally playable in Smash and I've never been happier.

We Ridley fans know what you, the Banjo-Kazooie fanbase, are currently going through. There were periods of doubt. Nobody believed the insiders predicting him. This is why fan requests matter. Ridley and K. Rool were brought in because of the fans. And I'm sure Nintendo, Sakurai, and Phil Spencer know that Banjo & Kazooie are highly requested. This is the perfect time for the bear and the bird to shine. We have lots of signs pointing towards their inclusion. Shinobi teased him on Resetera, a site known for banning fake leakers and he's also an admin there. IndieGamerChick also teased at their inclusion. "Brave's" stats fit Banjo. Microsoft didn't announce anything relating to Banjo at their conference. Nintendo wants to surprise many people. I'm definitely riding the Banjo-Kazooie train at full speed. The doubts the past two days won't stop me.

And before I sign off for the night, I hope we all have a bear-y good time tomorrow. GUH-HUH! BREEEEE!

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
is it possible that Nintendo bought the rights to Banjo Kazooie? Maybe Microsoft sold the IP...
Unlikely. There's a brand extension agency with a booth at E3 which lists Banjo-Kazooie as one of the IPs they're working with. They have a bunch of other series, plenty relating to Microsoft/Rare but no Nintendo ones. Highly doubt Nintendo would go with this agency for a single IP they just reacquired.

Last edited:

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Seanapotamus Seanapotamus raises an important point:

Had we not been so adamant and passionate about Banjo’s inclusion, we would not be where we are right now. It was our insistence that got the attention of executives.

This isn’t to take anything away from Sakurai or Spencer, but all and all, WE made this happen.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Alright guys, I’m turning in for the night.

Today’s the day we’ve been waiting for, if all goes well I’ll return to find this thread in the midst of a celebration!

I know a lot of you have been down lately, but I have hope that things’ll turn out alright! Remember, we have Shinobi.

See ya on the other side. I hope I won’t be able to find this thread at first, because it’ll be moved to the official fighters section ;)

Good luck, good night, and Guh-Huh!

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Outside of smash's fighter, what else are you guys wishing for the nintendo direct? for me i don't want to see Mario Maker 2 and Pokemon:Sword & Shield get repeated,nor do i want to see Fire Emblem:Three Houses(though that's unlikely).i also have a lot of unlikely candidates in my list such as Earthbound,Mario & Luigi Games for Switch,and The Last Story port.

Also i'm waiting to hear what some of you think about my comic.
I feel like everything that I could want is too Pie in the Sky.
I've already got Mario Maker 2, Zelda 2D, Luigi's Mansion 3, and potentially Metroid 5 And WarioWare switch on the way. If I ask for anything else I feel like I would be coming off as ungrateful.

but if I can be greedy for just a second, I would love a new Donkey Kong platformer, some ports from the Last few worthwhile Wii U games, Super Mario 3D Land, Pikmin 3, or the Zelda HD remasters. Maybe even Sonic Lost World, kind of a guilty pleasure game for me. wouldn't mind seeing the Batman Arkham games either. I'd also love a new Kid Icarus, Or even a part of the 3DS game with traditional controls. That game really got brought down by the touchscreen controls. and of course an obligatory mention of Mother 3.

Ultrashroomz

Smash Journeyman
Not a Banjo fan, but I just wanted to stop by and say good luck to everyone who supports this character, you guys got this!

MyBrokenLuigiAmiibo

Smash Cadet
Probably not going to get a chance to post in this thread again until after the direct airs, but I'll be keeping an eye on it and I wish you all the best. I hope that even if Banjo & Kazooie aren't announced, we can all keep some perspective. I hope to see this thread full of positive people just like I know you all are, regardless of the outcome. Get some rest and I'll see you here later.

Gu-huh!

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I feel like everything that I could want is too Pie in the Sky.
I've already got Mario Maker 2, Zelda 2D, Luigi's Mansion 3, and potentially Metroid 5 And WarioWare switch on the way. If I ask for anything else I feel like I would be coming off as ungrateful.

but if I can be greedy for just a second, I would love a new Donkey Kong platformer, some ports from the Last few worthwhile Wii U games, Super Mario 3D Land, Pikmin 3, or the Zelda HD remasters. Maybe even Sonic Lost World, kind of a guilty pleasure game for me. wouldn't mind seeing the Batman Arkham games either. I'd also love a new Kid Icarus, Or even a part of the 3DS game with traditional controls. That game really got brought down by the touchscreen controls. and of course an obligatory mention of Mother 3.
A new F-Zero would be nice too. :^(

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Outside of smash's fighter, what else are you guys wishing for the nintendo direct?
- Rare Replay (whether or not B-K is the smash fighter).
- SMM2 gets a quick mini video showing off the second extra theme: SMB2/USA.
- More Gen 8 Pokemon, as well as the entire evolution line of the starters. Also a new Eeveelution, or an entirely new Eevee-like Pokemon (Lockstin did a great video on this, I'd be so down for a lizard-y Eevee).
- SNES games starting this/next month for NSO, with the announcement of N64, Gamecube, GB, GBC, and GBA games coming in the future.
- The third smash fighter reveal (because we're getting very close to the would be second reveal being RELEASED if they keep to an even release schedule, so they really should show off the third).
- Metroid Prime Trilogy while we wait for MP4.
- (Free) DLC to Super Mario Party that actually makes it a full game (and also balances the specific dice blocks, or lets you make custom ones).

Finally, my "this will never happen" 3 way too high hopes and dreams:
- The next Paper Mario game, and it doesn't suck (back to the classic PM64/TTYD style of gameplay, complete with badges, partners, etc).
- Mother 3 localized in a Mother Trilogy pack for the Switch, immediately followed by Porky revealed in Smash as either:
== A boss.
== A newcomer to be released post-Feb 2020 as a standalone DLC fighter (or free with the Mother Trilogy).
== A sticker if you buy the Mother Trilogy (at least this because WHERE IS HE?!?!?! IT NEEDS TO BE RESOLVED ALREADY!).
- Banjo-Threeie.

Also honorable mention, after Link's Awakening is shown off a touch more, maybe announcing that the Oracle games will also get a remaster treatment (because man did I enjoy OoA/OoS way more than LA).

Last edited:

Bomber57

Smash Cadet
Alright guys, tomorrow is a big day. Get plenty of rest, stay hydrated, and make sure you have enough golden feathers. See you soon.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Turning in for the night. Best of luck, everyone. We might need it.

If our character doesn't happen tomorrow, I probably won't be on this board for a while. Did the same thing after the November Direct, the collective disappointment is just not worth it imo.

But if the bear and bird do come home, oh boy will I be here celebrating with you all. However this ends, it's been a fun ride.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Well. I'll try to make it here before the direct. I know I was feeling bummed, but I'm going all in for banjo being in. I feel like everything he has going for him outweighs the negatives he's got going for him. I really hope he gets in. I fear this may be his only chance, and if steve gets in and the smug steveposters get what they want... lord help us. This is a battle we have to win. May sakurai watch over us.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Well guys, nearly there… gonna sleep now, or try to haha. Almost 700 pages, just like we thought it would be! Good luck, see ya afterwards…whatever happens

Indra_2332

Smash Rookie
Only made my account to say

Banjo’s Back Bi… erm, Witches (obviously referring to Grunty, Blobbelda, Mingella and the countless deniers)

Today’s gonna be a great day… little story, I played Banjo when I was ten, I remember it fondly because my parents, who were unaware that my sis and I knew they were Los Reyes Magos (Santa but in Mexico, which means double presents), they tried to hide the game in the kitchen and then went for dinner, my sis and I took a peek and I was extremely excited, bearly () sleeping that night, next day I woke up and when I opened my present I still felt the love and care my parents took to give it to me, I really treasure the bear and bird, and their return will make me extremely happy…

Just a few more hours

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
Well, one last time to pray, boys.

Please Gods in any heaven, or anywhere, please, don't screw us again. Please. Our asses won't be able to take it anymore.

Amen.

ANd it's Banjo & Kazooie, GAH!! Stop saying just Banjo. Kazooie is Ying to Banjo's Yang.

Last edited:

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
9 hours left! It's about time I started preparing for L.A.D. (Life After Direct).

What else is there to hype for?
-Mario Maker, definitely.
-The other DLC characters that won't be announced yet, can't forget about those.
-The minor parts of the Direct, such as new game announcements. But it's risky to prepare for the unknown.
-The absolute ****storm that is about to happen, regardless of the results. Hey, I didn't say I had to prepare for only good things.

Top Bottom