• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
What hints was that? I didn't watch the tournament.
Sakurai looked at the fake Smash Ball (its explosion is shaped like the letter X, which I think means Xbox) and Bowser paused and smiled after saying "tune in". "Tune" is a music term and Banjo and Kazooie are named after instruments.

This was confirmed to be edited to put Smash stuff on it to draw attention.

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
We talked about that a while back. Was already debunked iirc.
I hope you're right. The image wasn't edited or anything. I found the actual post. I'm just really worried. I'm trying to prove to myself they can't be in. If I believe they're in and they aren't it'll devastate me.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Edit: I would be careful guys of putting too much thought into any leaks for the next 24 hours because trolls are going to try to play with our minds until the Direct.

Sakurai looked at the fake Smash Ball (its explosion is shaped like the letter X, which I think means Xbox) and Bowser paused and smiled after saying "tune in". "Tune" is a music term and Banjo and Kazooie are named after instruments.

Fake Smash Ball, when you hit one, the characters make a cross, like Xbox logo.
I don't put any stock into the theory because it could be a similar situation to the purple and yellow chairs theory in where people were thinking that was hinting towards Skull Kid.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

"Tune in" is also a phrase used virtually every time they do an announcement like that, so that's certainly not a hint. The only hint we got was Bowser saying "who or what" to refer to the Smash news, and that has made me confused as to what that could mean. "What" doesn't really apply to Banjo & Kazooie, or Erdrick. Only speculated character I feel like could be described as a "what" would be a Tetris block, and no. Just no.

The fake Smash ball could also be a hint, given how Sakurai directly pointed that out, but could also have been just a joke. Still have no clue what the context or subtext of that was.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
Man, I wonder how many pages we’ll reach by Tuesday.

And I always took Bowser’s “who or what” comment to be just a joke on the unpredictability of the dlc.

Last edited:

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo actually bought Banjo confirmed. Only explanation.
Ironic since he was a “leaker” before (he had wrong info), and acted jealous of Vergeben by seeming angry and saying Vergeben copied his info or something.
This is sad to see Nintendo THIS petty. They're really are terrible when it comes to things like this. I'm sure Sabi could leak the info as a rumor and Nintendo won't be able to do anything, as rumor isn't fact.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Edit: I'm tired, I'm hitting the hay for tonight. See you guys later.

Man, I wonder how many pages we’ll reach by Tuesday.

And I always took Bowser’s “who or what” comment to be just a joke on the unpredictability of the dlc.
Depends on how much at there is Monday

Tuesday will be crazy tho
I was hoping for 700, but at this rate we will probably pass 650 pages by the time the duo get's revealed.

Last edited:

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Not long to go now. I think the fanbase will go into meltdown if it's neither Banjo nor Steve. I'm indifferent either way since I already got Joker, and never would I have guessed he would've made it into Smash.

After all is said and done, I hope people won't be attacking one another with 10x the usual vehemence because their most wanted didn't get in.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Not long to go now. I think the fanbase will go into meltdown if it's neither Banjo nor Steve.
Call me petty but as long as Steve doesn't get in, I will be fine if Banjo Kazooie doesn't get in. It'll hurt to find out if Shinobi was wrong but it would hurt less.

Last edited:

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
He outright got the last Nintendo Direct wrong. Like, egregiously so. That's not misinformation, and you can easily look it up. That was the big event that made people begin to doubt him or at least brought forward the possibility that he could be being fed false information..
You could have just as easily told me what he got wrong in the time you took to write this comment lol. I see Star Fox Grand Prix and Pikmin 3 being his mistakes for the last Direct. For the record, I was only talking about Smash leaks. The guy has multiple sources, and my point was he has yet to be wrong about Ultimate. Still, your point is not completely invalid, but even if we were to completely disregard everything he's gotten right and not consider him, we still have Shinobi.

Last edited:

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Holy **** this thread finds whatever reason it can to give up hope. Now I remember why I stopped coming to Smashboards for a while. Too much negativity and ship jumping.

Let's clarify a few things:

1) Sabi getting C&D'd has nothing to do with Banjo-Kazooie. She was blatantly leaking info from Microsoft, Bethesda, and other companies. Nintendo was likely worried that she had information about their Direct. She was also announcing to the world that she was going to post this information. What did you think Nintendo was going to do? Claiming that BK is leakbait is a silly way to get your hopes down. Nintendo doesn't want any info about their Direct getting leaked.

2) We still have Shinobi's hint at Banjo. Shinobi is much more cryptic with his leaks. That's why nobody has come after him and why he has not clarified or backpedled. He knows exactly what he's doing.

3) There's still Verge who seems to trust his source on Banjo. I suspect we'll hear from him sometime tomorrow. He got some E3 things right.

4) Nintendo and Sakurai would risk losing the respect of many fans if they were deliberately using a character that they know the fans have been asking for the past 20 years as bait, not to mention I don't think this would look good in the eyes of Microsoft who I don't think would appreciate one of their characters used in this way.

I'm of the belief that this changes nothing.
Perfect summary right here.

This thread has gotten absolutely disasterous on the basis of nothing, other than expecting Banjo to show up at Microsoft, which let's be honest, was naive to expect all this time and then Sabi getting a cease and desist, which is expected since this happens all the time at every E3, every leaker will eventually get a cease and desist. It's just not allowed.

I have no idea where this theory of leakbait comes from, sounds completely made up by the community.

This was always leading to Nintendo's Direct, to call it over before it begins is ridiculous. At least wait until its over if you wanna be disappointed.

EnthusedPanda

Smash Journeyman
Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie are some of the most cherished games of my childhood - that said, I’ve become so disillusioned with their potential inclusion in Smash, I regard it as an impossibility, even now. My gut tells me it isn’t, but I’m sufficiently anesthetized against their potential exclusion, lol.

This is an immensely stressful time for the fan base as it feels like the future of these characters hinges on Tuesday. It’s an unenviable position to be in, and one I completely relate to, having backed K. Rool since the Melee days. I desperately want this to pan out for all of us.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
You could have just as easily told me what he got wrong in the time you took to write this comment lol. I see Star Fox Grand Prix and Pikmin 3 being his mistakes for the last Direct. For the record, I was only talking about Smash leaks. The guy has multiple sources, and my point was he has yet to be wrong about Ultimate. Still, your point is not completely invalid, but even if we were to completely disregard everything he's gotten right and not consider him, we still have Shinobi.
I didn't see the point of spoonfeeding you lol Also you left out where he got the Zelda game completely wrong as well. And yeah he's got multiple sources so therefore some could be feeding him false information. He has yet to get anything actually confirmed post-release of SSBU. I'm not saying this as a way to **** on Banjo's chances because I do believe the Shinobi post to be a bigger deal. I just don't think it's accurate to make a general statement that Verge hasn't gotten anything wrong and anything claiming he has is misinformation.

Noipoi

Howdy!
In an attempt to bring joy to the thread I thought of a reveal trailer

-:ultmario::ultsonic::ultdk: & :ultpikachu: are fighting in a pleasant grassy field, a large mountain looming in the background
- during the fight a smash ball appears, and they all chase after it.
-A shadowed figure who is watching from a distance notices, and pulls out a piece of paper
-it’s a list. On it are feathers, eggs, notes, jiggies, and a Smash ball. All these items are checked off, except for the Smash ball
-The four are catching up to the Smash ball, with Mario and Sonic in the lead. They both make a jump for it, almost reaching it, until...
-A large furry hand appears outta nowhere and punches Mario, and a taloned foot kicks Sonic away
-After the two are knocked back, they get up to see the figure grab the Smash ball and hand it to a bird, who places it in his backpack. He looks up, gives a “Gu-Huh!” And suddenly

BANJO AND KAZOOIE GET JIGGY WITH IT

Last edited:

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Alright I'll head to bed for the night. I suggest avoiding 4chan at all cost this week because a lot of people there will make very convincing posts to troll people, as well as potential spoilers for the Direct. Also if you don't want to be spoiled, don't look up what Verge is saying, because there are things on there that could come true, depending if his sources are right or not.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Sakurai has this... really weird and kind of corny sense of humor. I really doubt the fake smash ball was anything but a joke as it falls in line with the “That’s all” joke from E3 last year and the “ZSS is cut” joke from Smash 4.

As for Doug Bowser saying “Tune in”, I think perceiving that as a hint is just a huge reach as that’s standard advertisement talk.

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai has this... really weird and kind of corny sense of humor. I really doubt the fake smash ball was anything but a joke as it falls in line with the “That’s all” joke from E3 last year and the “ZSS is cut” joke from Smash 4.
This, honestly. He was making a goof that honestly isn't really that funny. It's really just more proof he's overworked if it's anything at all.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I have no idea where this theory of leakbait comes from, sounds completely made up by the community.
I mean... think about it: Everyone was wondering why all of these insiders were leaning towards Banjo but no one seemed to want to throw the chips down and say for certain he's in. Vergeben even gave himself wiggle room to jump ship if it all went belly-up; Shinobi only vaguely hinted at Banjo being in Smash a week before the presentation; a hint, but not a confirmation. Now comes Sabi about to give us a hard yes or no, and Nintendo suddenly nails them, they finally caught a leaker with juicy info no one can resist spilling the beans on.

Banjo is an underdog dark horse in the Smash DLC race; who WOULDN'T jump at the chance to be the one to say for certain if they made it in or not? People say they wouldn't use a popular character like Banjo as leakbait... but allegedly Square did just that with fan-favorites like Sora, Sephiroth, and Geno.

Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie are some of the most cherished games of my childhood - that said, I’ve become so disillusioned with their potential inclusion in Smash, I regard it as an impossibility, even now. My gut tells me it isn’t, but I’m sufficiently anesthetized against their potential exclusion, lol.

This is an immensely stressful time for the fan base as it feels like the future of these characters hinges on Tuesday. It’s an unenviable position to be in, and one I completely relate to, having backed K. Rool since the Melee days. I desperately want this to pan out for all of us.

Honestly, it kind of does. Rare has shown us time and time again that they don't care about Banjo anymore; only waving his corpse around every now and then for nostalgia merch. They're not interested in ever bringing him back, Smash is seemingly their last and only chance to become relevant again, since Nintendo would be the only company interested in bringing them back... If Tuesday comes and goes and they're a no show, I think that's that.

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
talked to a friend on discord who had this to say on the banjo merch matter of this discussion

"For people citing economics, they don't seem to understand how economic incentives work. If it's purely motivated by "people will buy Banjo stuff," then they'd want to make a Banjo game to make even more money, because clearly that would be profitable. Instead, this seems to be used as advertisement. Y'know, as merchandise usually is."

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Come to think of it and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but this is the first time I have ever seen Nintendo actively seek out leakers. They must be hiding something so good that they don't want us to find out.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Vergeben even gave himself wiggle room to jump ship if it all went belly-up
Just gonna go ahead and address this part of your comment to say that someone like Vergeben should know that you don't give a 99% chance if you're a leaker and you don't know for certain what you're leaking is true.

If he REALLY thinks that 1% is gonna save his reputation, then that's his own fault if Banjo ends up not being revealed and no one takes him seriously again.

Last edited:

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
i can honestly say that banjo is probably in at this point....unless Nintendo's kept itself so hidden that shinobi and crew have just been left to make random guesses

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Come to think of it and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but this is the first time I have ever seen Nintendo actively seek out leakers. They must be hiding something so good that they don't want us to find out.
How many leakers have they gone after? I know they told Sabi to be quiet, but that’s because she’s going to leak their entire direct. And they obviously know she has correct info since she pretty much leaked Microsoft’s stuff.

Has anyone else got blocked by Nintendo ninjas? Most other leakers like Shinobi are subtle with their leaks and don’t announce to the world they’re telling everyone everything.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
I've been lurking in this thread for a while and saw people freaking out over this exact 4chan thread, but nobody seemed to pay attention to the context of the thread.
The Op said this:
Post your e3 predictions
Dreams
Nightmares

His prediction was the pokemon info, which apparently had already leaked. or so I heard.
his dream was the pie in the sky idea that Retro has anything to show us.
His nightmare is Doomguy in smash, but not Banjo. Relatable.

I dont think that post was meant to be a leak to begin with. Or at least not the last two lines.

Top Bottom