• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Member when Cloud promoted FFVII Wii U?

Member when Bayonetta promoted Bayo 3 before it was even announced?

Member when Mega Man promoted a new Mega Man game?

I membe-wait no I don’t.
Plus, Ryu can't be a promo for Street Fighter V. He didn't reference SFV at all in Smash 4, and the only references the game has in Ultimate are Ryu's purple alt and one Ken quote.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
I have never seen a rollercoaster ride for a character this wild. There was a massive difference in attitude between this morning with the hype (due to insiders pointing towards Banjo & Kazooie) and this evening with a lot of people suddenly being down (Due to no Banjo-Kazooie game at Microsoft's conference and Sabi getting C&D'd). Remember, there were a lot of doubts for highly requested characters like Ridley and King K. Rool because they seemed like pipe dreams until their reveals.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
If Banjo was leakbait, they would’ve sacked Sabi’s source, not threaten to sack her. She was also gonna get a bunch of info regarding the Direct, and Nintendo most-likely C&D’d her because they saw her other leaks and leak announcements. Regarding Sabi herself and her leaks, I think it was fine; she confined her leaks to Twitter and Discord, letting people know she’s a leaker, so it’s really y’all’s fault if y’all didn’t want her to spoil y’all.

We still have the merch (including the Cable Guy figure), the weird stuff that seem like hints (like Doug Bowser’s “tune in” comment when he smiled and paused after saying those words), and Vergeben and especially Shinobi who have yet to go back on their words. There’s the Nintendo Ambassador sending Sabi hint images as well.

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
If it's proven that they even do use leakbait, then it says quite a lot about Sakurai/Nintendo if they leakbait a character they damn well know would get more people excited than whoever they actually have to show us.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
If there's one thing I learned from the Grinch Leak being fake, it's that apparently everyone and their brother is a Nintendo insider. I'm sure a few dozen more people will come out and finish what Sabi started.
Technically, Vergeben got info (that supported and was also different from hers, while still being correct) around the same time Sabi did, so we SHOULD still get leaks tomorrow from him.

theromfather

Smash Apprentice
Play this video as you read:

Next time on the Banjo Kazooie Smash Saga:

Sabi gets taken down by the Nintendo Ninjas!
Will Vergeben and Shinobi survive the wrath of Nintendo?
Are Banjo and Kazooie the true next DLC reveal?
Can Smash Boards survive the roller coaster of emotions that have been brewing for nearly 20 years?
Find out on Tuesdays episode!

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
If Banjo was leakbait, they would’ve sacked Sabi’s source, not threaten to sack her. She was also gonna get a bunch of info regarding the Direct, and Nintendo most-likely C&D’d her because they saw her other leaks and leak announcements. Regarding Sabi herself and her leaks, I think it was fine; she confined her leaks to Twitter and Discord, letting people know she’s a leaker, so it’s really y’all’s fault if y’all didn’t want her to spoil y’all.

We still have the merch (including the Cable Guy figure), the weird stuff that seem like hints (like Doug Bowser’s “tune in” comment when he smiled and paused after saying those words), and Vergeben and especially Shinobi who have yet to go back on their words. There’s the Nintendo Ambassador sending Sabi hint images as well.
I'm still in the boat that Banjo's due to stuff like the merchandise which seems too odd for a character as dead as banjo plus the controller holders normally tie-in with a characters appearance

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Technically, Vergeben got info (that supported and was also different from hers, while still being correct) around the same time Sabi did, so we SHOULD still get leaks tomorrow from him.
Vergeben’s Nintendo sources are absolutely horrid though so I wouldn’t put much stock into many of the things he may leak tomorrow. In terms for Nintendo, I only trust his Smash sources because they’re more likely from Bamco.

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
So to change topics a bit and to liven up the mood, what do ya'll plan on doing while waiting for the direct?

I'm gonna be binge watching the entire collection of classic VeggieTales, as I do every year.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Holy **** this thread finds whatever reason it can to give up hope. Now I remember why I stopped coming to Smashboards for a while. Too much negativity and ship jumping.

Let's clarify a few things:

1) Sabi getting C&D'd has nothing to do with Banjo-Kazooie. She was blatantly leaking info from Microsoft, Bethesda, and other companies. Nintendo was likely worried that she had information about their Direct. She was also announcing to the world that she was going to post this information. What did you think Nintendo was going to do? Claiming that BK is leakbait is a silly way to get your hopes down. Nintendo doesn't want any info about their Direct getting leaked.

2) We still have Shinobi's hint at Banjo. Shinobi is much more cryptic with his leaks. That's why nobody has come after him and why he has not clarified or backpedled. He knows exactly what he's doing.

3) There's still Verge who seems to trust his source on Banjo. I suspect we'll hear from him sometime tomorrow. He got some E3 things right.

4) Nintendo and Sakurai would risk losing the respect of many fans if they were deliberately using a character that they know the fans have been asking for the past 20 years as bait, not to mention I don't think this would look good in the eyes of Microsoft who I don't think would appreciate one of their characters used in this way.

I'm of the belief that this changes nothing.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
So to change topics a bit and to liven up the mood, what do ya'll plan on doing while waiting for the direct?

I'm gonna be binge watching the entire collection of classic VeggieTales, as I do every year.
I’ll probably continue to binge Inuyasha, also might binge some Godzilla movies because I LOVED KOTM.

Last edited:

Blue Mint

Smash Cadet
Guys, don't worry, is Shinobi, he's 100% Banjo in, you guys are gonna get your character.

He even said "Nice try, Stevies, I'm not backpedaling myself. ;)"

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Ya ever notice how flip floppy this thread has been for the past few weeks?

Banjo merch, everything’s awesome! Grant says no, everything sucks. Shinobi and verge are leaking, the promised day has come! Microsoft didn’t have a new game and Sabi got C&D’d, abandon all hope!

A high, followed by a low, then another high, and so on...

Right now we’re at a very low low. But I bet...

I bet next up is the highest of highs
I mean, for those who like roller coaster rides, it's a fun thrill? :chuckle:

My position has been since I think Banjo in Smash is likely, that I expect something Banjo, but am anticipating nothing. It's easier said than done, and I can't help the swell of emotional anticipation going into Microsoft's conference, only to be deflated over time (doesn't help that nothing in Microsoft's conferences ever appeal to me to begin with). But the facts are still the same--Shinobi hinted at Banjo, Verge seems confident in them being in, all the insiders who are usually skeptical of the duo are on board. And the facts causing doubt remain the same--rumors are still just rumors and should always be taken with a grain of salt, Bowser's "who or what" comment, the feeling of too good to be true. But I feel like there's more going for it, than against it.

It is disappointing, putting Smash aside, to see nothing happening with Banjo & Kazooie. Rare Replay still didn't even come on PC, and that was my *most likely* hope to come out of the conference, and unless Rare Replay comes to Switch, it looks like I'll be buying N64 carts to replace the one's that were stolen (thought about getting an Xbox 360, but their conference soured me on even having tacit support third hand). Just sucks going every E3 with Banjo & Kazooie, one of the more hyped characters, gets passed by, especially now given the time has never been more right.

There's always the possibility, though, that maybe if there is something, it's announced at Nintendo's conference, given it's a more suitable audience. Doubt it, certainly not expecting it, but the one possibility of getting something out of this E3, outside of Banjo in Smash. And still, even if we get nothing else, Banjo in Smash has always been my #1 preferred outcome out of all the possibilities.

We'll find out soon enough. I wanna bear it up for Banjo and go into hibernation until Tuesday.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Before the Pokémon direct I woke up hours too early, so I passed the time by watching Brooklyn 99 and Always Sunny.

Chances are I’ll do that again.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
So, for what can I see, mayor leaks could happen. Probably I'll left this place till tomorrow, one thing is rumors an another spoilers. I still prefer save some irrational fear for another fireemblemite who nobody asked for and make the reveal greater.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Okay, KotM is phenomenal. Better than Godzilla (2014) but not as good as Skull Island, as I said on Twitter.

Chrollo officially has excellent taste in anime and creature features.

Holy **** this thread finds whatever reason it can to give up hope.
It's like every time Moses comes down from the mountaintop, he finds the Israelites worshiping that damn golden calf again.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
Btw for the ppl feeling down just remember we were going good at the 99% thing even before Sabi said she was going to leak stuff.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This thread right now is looking similar to the K. Rool thread before he got announced. They were panicking and were almost sure for certain that K. Rool wasn't going to be revealed on the August 8th Direct because of Bloody Tears/Monster Dance leaking on Nintendo's Youtube channel the night before. Almost everyone was expecting just Simon and a Echo or 2, but we got all of that plus K. Rool.

Guys, don't get down, have faith in the bear and bird and don't stop believing until it's over.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I bet that guy raises his hand right before the bell rings and tells the teacher she forgot to hand out homework.

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
If it's proven that they even do use leakbait, then it says quite a lot about Sakurai/Nintendo if they leakbait a character they damn well know would get more people excited than whoever they actually have to show us.
Yeah I don't think Banjo & Kazooie would be used as leakbait. Nintendo and Sakurai know damn well how much we want them (Sakurai has even acknowledged the demand for them in the past). They wouldn't want to upset fans like that. The worst possible scenario in that case would be them using them as leakbait and releasing them later. That would still mean they'd have to deal with disappointed fans for months though and wouldn't really benefit them.
He even said "Nice try, Stevies, I'm not backpedaling myself. ;)"
When did he say this?

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
As far as I'm aware, the only thing he actually got wrong was that a Square-Enix character would be the first reveal. But it is also no secret that Joker was moved up ahead of schedule, which explains that. If there's anything else that Vergeben has been 100% wrong about, please do fill me in. Everything else that I'm aware of has been misinformation or stuff that can't be proven one way or the other yet (Erdrick, Minecraft content).

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Sabi has said that she shares a source with Verg, and believes he wasn't piggybacking off of Shinobi.
He outright got the last Nintendo Direct wrong. Like, egregiously so. That's not misinformation, and you can easily look it up. That was the big event that made people begin to doubt him or at least brought forward the possibility that he could be being fed false information..

Blue Mint

Smash Cadet
Yeah I don't think Banjo & Kazooie would be used as leakbait. Nintendo and Sakurai know damn well how much we want them (Sakurai has even acknowledged the demand for them in the past). They wouldn't want to upset fans like that. The worst possible scenario in that case would be them using them as leakbait and releasing them later. That would still mean they'd have to deal with disappointed fans for months though and wouldn't really benefit them.

When did he say this?
https://mobile.twitter.com/HylianHero98/status/1137847619810615296

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Okay, KotM is phenomenal. Better than Godzilla (2014) but not as good as Skull Island, as I said on Twitter.

Chrollo officially has excellent taste in anime and creature features.

It's like every time Moses comes down from the mountaintop, he finds the Israelites worshiping that damn golden calf again.
I love all three movies. I love Kong Skull Island a lot more than most people really, but I don’t know if I’d personally say it’s better than KOTM, but it is great in its own right. I’d say the human story in Kong is a lot better than KOTM (Which I actually found rather decent despite the reviews), the lore built is about the same level of great, but the monster fighting I’d have to give it to KOTM by a large margin. Kong vs the Skullcrawler was great, but the last two fights in KOTM were downright amazing.

But to keep this on topic, uhhh, Banjo for Smash!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm putting all of my stock on Shinobi even if the other leakers and insiders are just piggybacking. I'm putting my complete trust in him.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It's both hilarious and depressing reading the ResetEra thread on Sabi.

*Insiders leaks stuff, basks in internet clicks*

*Sabi leaks stuff, basks in internet clicks*

Insiders: Leaks are a terrible thing that costs jobs and she was immoral to do so.

I admit Sabi may have went overboard with how she leaked stuff, which is probably what got her caught in the first place. But the hypocrisy is fairly clear, and when people point out the hypocrisy, rather than responding with a reasoned argument to make a distinction, they tell them to shut up.

I can come up with one--insiders take great pains to protect sources, and perhaps they're assuming she does not. But people aren't saying that--they're just acting like five year olds telling people to shut up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom