• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Looks like Sabi got a cease and desist from Nintendo. It's safe to come back on, those who don't want any spoilers! At least I think it is.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I also don't like the way people are taking this. People seem more concerned that she won't be leaking info and not that Nintendo is threatening someone else for something their own employees are leaking. I know what she was doing was wrong but we really should feel bad for her in the situation she is in. Not because "oh no we won't get early info anymore"

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman
Imagine the stupidity of using a beloved character extremely highly requested for twenty years among core fans of your game as leakbait.

Then again, this is Nintendo...
Is there even any proof that Nintendo intentionally gives out "leakbait" ?

Sakurai even said himself that they refused to give any info even to some people working at Nintendo.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I know what she was doing was wrong but we really should feel bad for her in the situation she is in. Not because "oh no we won't get early info anymore"
Is it even really wrong? This is the definition of a victimless crime. It's not like she's pirating the software, she's just telling us what to expect. I don't see how Sabi's actions could possibly become lost revenue for Nintendo.

Kinda mad at them really.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I haven't looked into all of the info about Banjo's potential for Smash, but I'm honestly rooting more for a new game, or a remaster for Switch!

I've been playing through the game for the first time myself (going for a 100% run, much harder than I anticipated LOL) so I'm very hopeful that Banjo makes it into Smash as well!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I was counting on Sabi! Now I am worried Nintendo will pull a left field and reveal Steve of all things!
Don't worry. Things were already set in stone long before the Direct would ever happen. There is no way they'll announce Steve instead, especially if they weren't working on him to begin with.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Is it even really wrong? This is the definition of a victimless crime. It's not like she's pirating the software, she's just telling us what to expect. I don't see how Sabi's actions could possibly become lost revenue for Nintendo.

It is "wrong" in the eyes of the law. Like piracy.

MyBrokenLuigiAmiibo

Smash Cadet
She was posting from an anonymous Twitter/Discord account
Nothing is anonymous.

Freezeezy would be sweet. Would you want it to be a stationary stage set somewhere in the level or move around kind of like Isle Delfino? I feel like you’d have to fight on top of the giant snowman at some point in the stage.
Hmm, I guess a traveling stage like Isle Delfino would be best to represent everything in that stage. Fighting on the snowman would be a must. I guess if it had to be a stationary stage, it could be on top of the snowman, and Boggy could appear as a hazard riding down the snowman's scarf on his sled. Wozza could just be chilling in the background. I'd prefer it to be a moving stage though, so you could get the X-mas tree, the area with the presents stacked around, and the little town area in there as well. Could have Sir Slush as a hazard at points.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
It just goes to show that if Nintendo wants your info. They will get it. She was posting from an anonymous Twitter/Discord account and Nintendo still got her real name and information to C&D her. That means that other companies can also get her information and do the same if they so feel like. I really do feel bad for her. I don't know if I have the right wording for it. But she became to big and it was harder for her to cover her tracks. And I feel the community kept pushing her to do more and more. Hopefully if she complys no legal action will be taken against her.
This is the scariest part like what? They really found out all her contact info.

AntagonisticGalaxyCetacea

Smash Journeyman

Leaking information about products that people have been working hard on, sometimes even in secret is their fault? Come the **** on. There's been numerous studios that've mentioned it hurts their morale and even sometimes they get chewed out. Think of what's more important than you getting info leaked early.

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Imagine the stupidity of using a beloved character extremely highly requested for twenty years among core fans of your game as leakbait.

Then again, this is Nintendo...
If Banjo isn't in the fighters pass then using him as leakbait is actually pretty smart, since people want to believe leaks involving him over other leaks. It provides a better smokescreen.

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
I'll be sure to check in with y'all after Steve gets revealed as new DLC fighter with a new Banjo & Kazooie assist trophy

:denzel:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Everyone STOP!!!
No More Assuming the duo are leakbait, don't be trying to make people's believe's faint and vanish.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Thing is, it's not just Sabi.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
I think Nintendo might have been gathering this sort of info for a while.
Apparently its not just Sabi...Major crackdown is going on.

EDIT: Misread on my part. MB

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
It is "wrong" in the eyes of the law. Like piracy.
The two are in no way comparable. Piracy is directly stealing profits from Nintendo. The other is just... posting spoilers. And not even like movie spoilers, that could actually affect someone's decision to buy a ticket. It's just spoiling a list of trailers.

Leaking information about products that people have been working hard on, sometimes even in secret is their fault? Come the **** on. There's been numerous studios that've mentioned it hurts their morale and even sometimes they get chewed out. Think of what's more important than you getting info leaked early.
I dunno man, sounds to me like the problem here is the higher-ups punishing their developers for things that aren't their fault. If some middle manager at Nintendo punishes a group of people because one of them broke an NDA, that's in no way Sabi's fault. It's just bad management.

Violante

Smash Apprentice
If Banjo isn't in the fighters pass then using him as leakbait is actually pretty smart, since people want to believe leaks involving him over other leaks. It provides a better smokescreen.
Nintendo knows what characters are in demand enough to use them for bait, but not enough to actually put them in the game? In a way that only works if the ones they actually went with are less desirable?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
This is the scariest part like what? They really found out all her contact info.
Thinking about it. It might not be the hardest thing in the world.
-Contact Twitter/Discord for IP information and such
-Go to that ISP for personal information
-Profit

They do it with piracy all the time.

Last edited:

doomedtacox

Smash Ace
Apparently its not just Sabi...Major crackdown is going on.
She's saying she's verified that the email she got was legit with the source gaming person, not that similar people have been getting them as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Everyone STOP!!!
No More Assuming the duo are leakbait, don't be trying to make people's believe's faint and vanish.
I disagree. I think it's necessary to eveluate said possibility. It's hypocritical to say "Erdrick and Steve are possibly Leakbait" and pretend Banjo can't be when he has been speculated for DLC just as much if not more.

The implications that bring, how effective said bait would be, etc. Unfortunately most disscussons about this (and other characters) are just:
X:"Zis leakbait"
Y:"No He isn't"

This also goes to Erdrick and Steve fans.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
For those freaked out about the cease and desist thing, please calm down. It's just a simple cease and desist notification from Nintendo. This does not mean they will change their plans at E3, nor drop any of them just because of a leaker. The duo should still be in if they are. No changes to that.

D

Deleted member

I mean there’s still these no context photos from that Nintendo brand ambassador sabi posted one week before the e3 direct
F1D5FE5E-DB1E-4E73-AF21-76D86C7D34DD.jpeg

0290ABF5-000A-43DC-AE16-37E29AB5F605.jpeg
I'll be sure to check in with y'all after Steve gets revealed as new DLC fighter with a new Banjo & Kazooie assist trophy

don’t forget the master chief mii costume + cuphead/mugman spirits

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Not gonna lie, part of me kind of wishes that most prominent leakers got targeted and silenced. I don't want 'em to get into serious trouble (lawsuits and the like.) But that's selfish on the grounds of not wanting to be spoiled. But I really wonder if they actually get anything from this besides attention. Is there actual business in leaking content like this? Do they make money off being prominent leakers?

I'm so glad that I didn't pay attention to anything from 4chan or wherever else during last year's E3. Because "EVERYONE IS HERE!" was the best E3 surprise alongside the Final Fantasy VII Remake I have ever seen.

But, I digress. Hype responsibly, enjoy the next couple of days, and enjoy Smash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom