• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
I doubt you guys heard of this:
Apparently there's going to be a 2 meter Banjo statue on the XBox area at E3. There was a photo but it was deleted, there's someone trying to get a copy of it right now.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Apparently there's going to be a 2 meter Banjo statue on the XBox area at E3. There was a photo but it was deleted, there's someone trying to get a copy of it right now.
Give me that picture now

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Well it was fun coming back to the board for a week to talk about Banjo with you guys, but it's officially almost Microsoft Presentation time, and Nintendo afterwards, so I'm logging out until then. You guys enjoy the show!

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
The Star Fox leak is different. Kotaku reported it as a rumor and I think it was considered just that, a rumor. People weren’t throwing their weight behind it like they are now.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I feel kinda bad for Battletoads. We might finally get gameplay and it will be overshadowed by the Banjo love.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
'realizes how big that would be'

Oh...my...God. I hope this is true.

EDIT: Could that be the 'something' Microsoft invited!?

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Man... it's hard to believe Microsoft may have actually listened to all the criticism over how they treated Banjo all these years and might be making up for it.... I hope all of this is true

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
If true... then:

Something tells me this video is gonna be used frequently in the coming days... maybe.

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
I was too afraid to believe before, but now I'm a believer. Throw me on that supporter's list, if there's still room for me!

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
But you see that’s a good thing because than we can have a diversity of Favorite Series Representatives

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Guys... I'm scared. What if there is a big new Banjo game, but it doesn't come to Switch?
There is a small part in the back of my mind that thinks that too, But Microsoft would be shooting themselves in the foot keeping it Xbox Exclusive and could potentially flop or do decent at best on there, I'm sure they know that the majority of Banjo-Kazooie/Rareware's audience is on Nintendo platforms so hopefully they release it for both platforms and we show them sales wise that Banjo-Kazooie thrives on the Switch and show what they have been missing out on.

Last edited:

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
So many moments man.. so get this straight..
You are telling me that we are not only we will get a possible Smash reveal of Banjo but..
We may also get a possible new game/remake of Banjo and Kazooie!

All reveal in 1 day and 3 days left!

Let that sink in...

If this is true then it is a great moment for a Banjo fan!

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
WHAT'S YOUR STATUS MAN? WE NEED THAT PIC

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
There is a small part in the back of my mind that thinks that too, But Microsoft would be shooting themselves in the foot keeping it Xbox Exclusive and could potentially flop or do decent at best on there, I'm sure they know that the majority of Banjo-Kazooie/Rareware's audience is on Nintendo platforms so hopefully they release it for both platforms and we show them sales wise that Banjo-Kazooie thrives on the Switch and show what they have been missing out on.
IndieGamerChick really seems to think Banjo is coming to the Switch wholesale. I doubt she would've been so emphatic if we were getting everything except the actual series revival. And yes, you're right as well. Even a game as... not great as Nuts & Bolts would've sold gangbusters on the Wii, even if it couldn't have looked as nice.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
E7364145-A0A1-4DC9-94AB-82B779A0C6E6.jpeg

I believe these were for E3 of 2015 when Rare Replay was announced, but is there anything that says the Banjo statue is new and not just these ones?

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
1559967291255.png

Don't know if someone posted this but I absolutely love it and I love the new sort of alliance that we have with Erdrick atm

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
I will not believe any leak regarding the next smash newcomer until the reveal actually happens. Though Shinobi's statements are quite tempting...

I've been burned before. Never again.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
View attachment 226577
I believe these were for E3 of 2015 when Rare Replay was announced, but is there anything that says the Banjo statue is new and not just these ones?
The supposed statue at this E3 is 2 meters and judging by that image, everything around them to more easily judge scale, those are not 2 meters tall.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Early congratulations if everything turns out to be true. I failed at trying to acquire the original Banjo in the past so hopefully the rumors of a Switch port/remake are true as well.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Samus was created by Makoto Kano and designed by Hiroji Kiyotake. She made her debut in Metroid, which was developed by Nintendo R&D1 and Intelligent Systems (both based in Japan), and was first released on the Family Computer Disk System in Japan in 1986, and then on the Nintendo Entertainment System in the US in 1987. She is clearly a Japanese created character.

Dark Samus, on the other hand, made her debut as Metroid Prime in Metroid Prime. Metroid Prime was developed by Retro Studios, based in Austin, Texas, U.S., and released on the GameCube in 2002 in the US, then in 2003 for Japan and Europe. Her original Dark Samus form appeared in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (GameCube, 2004), and the form we see in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is based on the design from Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii, 2007). She is an American created character (and currently the only one on the roster). That's a "western rep" there.
Ah. I was close.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I guess today just wasn't a very eventful day. I'm going nucking futs. Hope I can survive the weekend! (Didn't Sabi say she'll have some nice red meat for us on Sunday?)

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Gamexplain had their usual E3 predictions video. But, as you know, if they cover rumors, then it's likely they got secret information from Nintendo. And almost always becomes true.

https://youtu.be/2oqielqxkOc

For the Banjo related part go to timestamp 16:47 to hear their predictions on the bear and bird duo.

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
I guess today just wasn't a very eventful day. I'm going nucking futs. Hope I can survive the weekend! (Didn't Sabi say she'll have some nice red meat for us on Sunday?)
She said she should have some Direct details by then. Join her Discord if you're interested.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Gamexplain had their usual E3 predictions video. But, as you know, if they cover rumors, then it's likely they got secret information from Nintendo. And almost always becomes true.

https://youtu.be/2oqielqxkOc

For the Banjo related part go to timestamp 16:47 to hear their predictions on the bear and bird duo.
I love GameXplain, but there's something very eyebrow-raising about the way they all go, "Ahahaha! Jon, your predictions always come true! People are going to think you have insider connections or something! Ahahaha!"

Methinks milady doth protest too much, to quote the Bard.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
She said she should have some Direct details by then. Join her Discord if you're interested.
I actually think of it as the opposite. If they had insider info, they would not speculate on it. It's what they, and other media outlets (like Kinda Funny Games' Greg) do so that they aren't betraying their sources (and closer to release, that source may be official Nintendo material). The good news is that if they did have insider information, this rumor doesn't conflict with it. If it did, then they wouldn't talk about it, like the Grinch fiasco. But I don't think they're speculating on info they have insider information on.

EDIT:

I love GameXplain, but there's something very eyebrow-raising about the way they all go, "Ahahaha! Jon, your predictions always come true! People are going to think you have insider connections or something! Ahahaha!"

Methinks milady doth protest too much, to quote the Bard.
It annoys me they still do that, since with the Grinch fiasco we now know they do get insider information. What turned me off to GameXplain was that disconnect.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys... I'm scared. What if there is a big new Banjo game, but it doesn't come to Switch?
Should the Smash inclusion be true it would be very Joker-like to do that (I know about PQ2). You want to get this character to many people out there. Not that it adds much to it, but is Xbox Play Anywhere still a thing?

Last edited by a moderator:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
It’ll probably be released on xCloud. If you don’t have an Xbox, just buy it xCloud and stream to whatever( rumours say it’s coming to Switch). Provided your internet is good.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
What worries me about a new Banjo is that Kirkhope has been downplaying everything Banjo lately which makes me think he won't be involved if there is another one. Or maybe he's just trolling.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
I don't really want a Banjo Witchy Duology. The original games still hold up perfectly well especially with the improvements in the XBLA versions.

I'd much rather Rare Replay on Switch.

Zippo

Smash Journeyman
Had to get back in on this.

It's going to be one hell of a 72 hours.

Last edited:
Top Bottom