• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I hope he made lotsa Bunny Burgers!
Continuing from where I left off...

Banjo: Erdrick, look! *takes note* It's from Steve. Dear Pesky characters, the MInecraft citizens and I have kidnapped Sakurai. Sakurai is now a permanent guest at one of seven Minecraft hotels. I dare you to find him if you can.

Banjo: We gotta find Sakurai!

Erdirick: And you've gotta help us!

Banjo: If you need instructions on how to get through the hotels, check out the enclosed instructions booklet.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Welp, time to go all in on Banjo (or Banjo-Kazooie if you prefer). Give me a chance to experience these two for the first time!

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
Assuming Banjo does come:
To good Steve fans- I'm really sorry and hope he does come eventually.
To Steve trolls-

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Probably posted before, but when you realize both DKs, K Rool, and Bowser have realistic animal sounds in Smash...

There was a problem fetching the tweet

MyBrokenLuigiAmiibo

Smash Cadet
Btw, if they announce a new Banjo game or remake... make sure to buy it and convince as many people as possible to do so on the meantime.

I say this as a Crash fan: when N.Sane Trilogy got shown to the world the fandom just spread the word about it to as many people as possible (friends, partners of high school, any conferences or even campaigns online). The game sold great, the ports did so too and right now the franchise is a flagship property of Activision at the same level of CoD.

And I can guarantee that if Microsoft sees loads of profit with the Banjo IP, it won’t ever be gone again.
This so much. We need to do as the Crash fanbase (of which I am a part of) did and support the everlasting **** out of the potential new game/remake. Worst thing we could do is not support the game because of certain things we don't like. Like if the new designs for the characters aren't what we would like or something, or if the game doesn't necessarily look exactly like we dreamed it. No matter what your problem with it is, just suck it up and buy it. If it doesn't sell enough units B&K will go away again.

That doesn't mean you can't voice your constructive criticism, but do so while buying the game too! Something that Vicarious Visions (N. Sane Trilogy) and Beenox (CTR Nitro-Fueled) have done that's great is that they listened to fan feedback during development of the game. They didn't necessarily make all the exact changes we wanted, but we were able to meet in a happy middle ground. And, at least in the case of NST, people went out and bought the game to show their satisfaction that Crash was back, even if NST wasn't perfect. Hopefully we can have another situation like that with Banjo.

As someone else pointed out, there was a press release from Activision within the last week where they claimed that Crash (and Spyro) are two of their flagship franchises along with Call of Duty. Compare that to years ago when Activision was keeping Crash and Spyro locked up and pretending they didn't exist. That only happened because people went out and bought the NST and Reignited Trilogy. Imagine if we can have Banjo & Kazooie elevated to that level. One of Microsoft's flagship franchises.

TLDR: Even if the Banjo remakes/Banjo Threeie aren't perfect or aren't how you dreamed them, please still support the games. Remember that money is the language of business.

--
Also, I haven't watched the Gamexplain video yet, but if I had to take a guess knowing them, the "Banjo will be shadowdropped next week" thing is probably their speculation. They like to say hype things like that from time to time. The thing that's noteworthy here is the fact that they marked the Banjo section as spoilers.

Last edited:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Best possible alt skin coming through.
https://i.imgur.com/baJ1cnr.jpg
That makes me think, what do you think would be their palette swaps? The Duck Hunt route with breed/species-based palettes (eg: black, polar and panda Banjos), the Shulk/Lucina route (all palettes based on other characters), the PAC-MAN route with just clothing/backpach color swaps, generic color swaps (RGB, pink, etc.) or a mix of these?
I think if they get in it will be generic colors and a few breed/species changes.

D

Deleted member

Have you ever felt that somethine is too good to be true?

This sensation that everybody is at our side? Like there's almost no one credible who is AGAINST Shinobi?

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Probably posted before, but when you realize both DKs, K Rool, and Bowser have realistic animal sounds in Smash...

There was a problem fetching the tweet
That sound coming out of that goofy looking bear, I can't take it. It's too good in all the wrong ways.

But seriously speaking....please no.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
That makes me think, what do you think would be their palette swaps? The Duck Hunt route with breed/species-based palettes (eg: black, polar and panda Banjos), the Shulk/Lucina route (all palettes based on other characters), the PAC-MAN route with just clothing/backpach color swaps, generic color swaps (RGB, pink, etc.) or a mix of these?
I think if they get in it will be generic colors and a few breed/species changes.
Well Banjo Tooie's multiplayer mode had different colors for the same character if more 2 or more players picked them I think.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
If Fox, Falco, and Wolf don't make realistic animal noises, then I highly doubt Banjo will. Maybe clothed animals get real voices while mere accessory-wearing animals are stuck with growls.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I think Banjo disconfirms Steve and Master Chief for later DLC as much as Mega Man disconfirmed Ryu.

Banjo-Kazooie is my #1 pick, not just for a Microsoft rep, but overall.
But that does not make me want Steve and Master Chief any less. I support all three.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
If Fox, Falco, and Wolf don't make realistic animal noises, then I highly doubt Banjo will. Maybe clothed animals get real voices while mere accessory-wearing animals are stuck with growls.
Wolf has a howl sound effect but OK. Banjo is a guest character and those get respected the most, he and Kazooie will totally keep their voices.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
While I could unfortunately see the bear and bird getting realistic animal noises considering the DK characters + Bowser treatment, I do feel like that's less likely since B-K are third-party. My best guess (and hope) is that they would simply reuse voice clips from their past games.

Less than 4 days. Definitely been the longest week for me in recent memory, and the weekend will only get slower. At least we have the Smash tournament + Microsoft E3 leading up to it where we may or may not get some relevant info.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
2943ADA8-7DDC-4456-9DB2-CC48FEDC0D5C.jpeg

I hope the Fighter Pass can finally make this a reality.

On the topic of animal voices, since Nintendo are the ones technically picking Banjo, I fully assume that they’re properly given their real voices since :ultsonic: who was also a 3rd party animal character was thankfully respected in that manner.

Unless...Sakurai wants to change them to realistic garbage at the last minute.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Should Kazooie be seen at all times in Smash, or when Banjo does an action? Like, when Banjo walks in his game, its just him seen.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I wouldn't worry about a realistic sounding banjo. I think the reason rool, bowser, dk and dedede have those, is to make them sound more "intimidating". Diddy's a cute little monkey, so it makes sense why he make monkey noises.

Bears don't really make "cute" noises. Unless we're talking about baby bears. So there's no need to worry. The only thing I'm worried about (other than banjo being confirmed) is if he'll be good tier wise. It'd be a bitter sweet victory to finally get our boy (and girl) only for them to be low tier.

On the subject on sounds, I wish bowser had his melee "voice" back. It sounded cool back then. Now he sounds like a cat trying to gargle.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Should Kazooie be seen at all times in Smash, or when Banjo does an action? Like, when Banjo walks in his game, its just him seen.
I'd say just treat it like the Banjo-Kazooie games, where she comes out when Banjo's attacking, doing certain actions, taunting, or during idle animations.

D

Deleted member

Wolf has a howl sound effect but OK. Banjo is a guest character and those get respected the most, he and Kazooie will totally keep their voices.
Wolf's Down Taunt is the only instace in which i preferred the Realistic Animal Noise. Seriously the new Down Taunt makes Smash 4 Fox sound like a masterpiece in comparison (seriously the difference of Mike West's performance between 4 Fox and Ult Fox is absurd)

Last edited by a moderator:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Sorta off topic, but apparantly Bandai Namco's E3 stuff got leaked. I don't think any Smash stuff (since they are the primary developers) was included though. Harada is mad on Twitter about it.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Sorta off topic, but apparantly Bandai Namco's E3 stuff got leaked. I don't think any Smash stuff (since they are the primary developers) was included though. Harada is mad on Twitter about it.
Have to say I'm pretty greatful there is nothing I really care about from Namco that would make me mad if it was leaked. I think I'm strictly on the Nintendo train this year.

I'm only really excited for Xbox's conference just for Banjo news alone. And even then I know something is coming so its not really a surprise.

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Have to say I'm pretty greatful there is nothing I really care about from Namco that would make me mad if it was leaked. I think I'm strictly on the Nintendo train this year.
Well:
We have a new Tales game, a new FromSoftware IP, and a Ni No Kuni remake coming to the Switch

Given that Harada is now Bandai Namco's general producer (which means overseeing everything made by the company), it's reasonable he is pretty upset.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Personally, if we DO end up getting a double-reveal at E3, of course I'm hoping for Banjo-Kazooie, but I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for Sora; I really buy that Erdrick is a "lock" (all the "evidence" that I've seen seems shaky at best), and HMK's video explained why what Hashimoto said technically doesn't mean that Sora is disconfirmed, so at the very least, I feel that Sora's still on the table, and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for him!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Well:
We have a new Tales game, a new FromSoftware IP, and a Ni No Kuni remake coming to the Switch

Given that Harada is now Bandai Namco's general producer (which means overseeing everything made by the company), it's reasonable he is pretty upset.
Looks like someone at Namco is about to die. Smash news can't be to far behind then.

magiciandude

Smash Journeyman
The fact that the new Tales game isn't coming to the Switch is a major bummer. I remember that the Tales game was supposed to come to Switch when the console was announced way back in early 2017. Please don't tell me that was just for the port of Tales of Vesperia. not that the game was bad or anything but come on...

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Think I'm gonna dip out of the speculation before a concrete leak occurs. Never imagined it would look so amazing for Banjo at E3, but I still want to go into the showcase with a seed of doubt to make any reveal all the more sweet.

We might soon see Banjo and Kazooie back in the spotlight with a moveset in the greatest fighting game crossover.

See you guys on the other side! :4diddy:

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
Well:

No BN character in Smash announced at E3 then? I suppose that's a point in favor of you guys.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Can someone catch me up on what makes that video or those people so bad? I don't know who those people are.

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Before Blocked Content became LaxChris 2.0, he actually used to make entertaining Smash vids such as Codecs, music videos etc.

This is sad, the only reason I’m still subscribed to him is so he’ll eventually go back to those type of vids.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Can someone catch me up on what makes that video or those people so bad? I don't know who those people are.
The basic gist is that both of those guys do videos covering leaks (mainly Smash ones), they always seem to have click-bait titles, and they very frequently seem to buy into almost every leak that they talk about, even when most of them are just stupid 4chan text leaks. Also, there's just the sheer overabundance of these videos.

Hell, with Blocked Content, a good recent example of how easily he buys into supposed leaks is that he saw the "leak" for Toad in Smash Bros. (that actually ended up being for the Project M mod), and legitimately believed it was a leak for Smash Ultimate even though the visuals on their own looked like something out of the Gamecube era.

Last edited:

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
Just take a look at LAXChris's video page.

1559956378921.png

Plus every single video you can skip the first two minutes. He makes almost all of his videos at least 10 minutes long to get ad revenue.

Top Bottom