• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Uh guys, I just thought of something...what if Shinobi is mistaking Yooka with Banjo. Their games are similar...and well, what if one of his sources saw Yooka and mistook him for Banjo?

Percentage chance you all think banjo might be in?
1000,000%

Last edited:

Taco Cruise

Smash Journeyman
70%, the highest it's ever been and ever will be - my favorite game ever is the original Banjo-Kazooie, but I'm a veteran of dissapointment with this franchise and I've been burned countless times. His inclusion would complete Ultimate for me, even though it's nearly perfect as-is. Shinobi and Vergeben are both trustworthy (Some people doubt Vergeben, don't, he's been right 80% of the time with 10% unknown and 10% wrong, many arguments against him are misattributed quotes). I hate PushDustin, but I have to agree and say that things will leak for better or worse between today and Sunday. We will likely know most of Nintendo's direct by Monday morning, even if it's just a leak on 4chan that nobody pays attention to (Happened with Plant leaking, a no reply post with a wojak edit).

What scares me most is a post last night on 4chan's V that had Erdrick and a Fire Emblem character, both of which were very impressively made if fake. If that hadn't come out I'd think Banjo was a 85% chance, but those pictures made me nervous. The last thing I want is another FE character (sorry to any fans of that series, I have no problems with FE I just think it's grossly over represented in Smash)

That being said, GET HYPED - GET EXCITED - BE PREPARED FOR DISSAPOINTMENT - IF BANJO ISN'T REVEALED AT E3 THERE'S STILL HOPE FOR HIM BEING THE LAST REVEAL.

Also, I don't post much anymore, but hello everyone. I'm Taco Cruise. If I see anything on 4chan regarding Banjo I'll probably be the first to post something, as I'm constantly there during work because I hate my job.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Uh guys, I just thought of something...what if Shinobi is mistaking Yooka with Banjo. Their games are similar...and well, what if one of his sources saw Yooka and thought it was Banjo?
I don't see anyway that anyone could mistake that since we're talking about the source seeing the characters and not just hearing about them. a Green chameleon and purple bat instead of a brown bear and red bird with different body builds? Ontop of that Yooka doesn't even wear clothes or accessories...
I don't mean this in a really awful way, I'm just saying if someone somehow could do that they may need glasses. Even then I don't know how in the world this would be possible.

What scares me most is a post last night on 4chan's V that had Erdrick and a Fire Emblem character, both of which were very impressively made if fake. If that hadn't come out I'd think Banjo was a 85% chance, but those pictures made me nervous. The last thing I want is another FE character (sorry to any fans of that series, I have no problems with FE I just think it's grossly over represented in Smash)
Nothing to worry about since the Erdrick model looks really off, especially in the face region.

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
Nothing to worry about since the Erdrick model looks really off, especially in the face region.[/QUOTE]

I want to see it. Link me. I want to see how bad it is.

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
In case anyone missed this reveal
This already looks better than the first Game, not going to lie, I got bored with how big and empty the worlds were in YL, but with them going with a simple 2D, DK country style I might be picking this up. Still feel bad for playtonic considering how the first game was a huge disappointment to alot of people, so this game might not sell well.

Bring on the leaks! I got my battle face ready!
Same Brother, same

I'm already far too gone, I'm at 100%, if he isn't shown im going down with the ship- or in this case, I'm riding Chuffy the Train straight into the pits of Hell- also known as The fire Side of hailfire peaks.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
100%. Three credible people have literally confirmed it at this point
Can you give us a little hint if Sabi's feeling the same way? I'm at 100% as well, but I feel that people are still afraid to believe unless we get a little bit more support. If Verge is to be believed, this 99% will turn into 100% if we get another leaker on our side.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm at about 75% for Banjo's chances right now based mostly on Shinobi's words. He's the only leaker I'm trusting at the moment.

In case anyone missed this reveal:

Definitely gives off Tropical Freeze vibes, but that's a good thing.

Is the original worth playing at all? I've heard mixed things about it.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I'd say so, especially if you can get it on sale. It's not as good as the original Banjo-Kazooie, but that's an insanely high bar to reach, and it's still a fun game. I just wouldn't recommend going for 100% completion; some of the challenges are unnecessarily frustrating due to the controls for certain gameplay segments.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
I'm 50/50. My mind is logically and reasonably saying that we may damn well have a chance, at long last, but my heart is too used to be broken and has left me a total cynic lol. My heart's saying 0% and my mind is saying like 80%. It's a weird feeling.

I really hope they make it, though.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Its supposed to be like Banjo-Kazooie, but its not, I went in expecting it to be similar to Banjo and got super Disappointed in the end, its not a "bad" game but its nowhere near as fun as Banjo, if feels too much like a Fanmade game than anything honestly.

Basically I would pick it up, but only when its on sale, my only problem with it is that the worlds are too big with nothing in them, so your walking around for awhile just trying to get to where you need to go with nothing in-between.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Can you give us a little hint if Sabi's feeling the same way? I'm at 100% as well, but I feel that people are still afraid to believe unless we get a little bit more support. If Verge is to be believed, this 99% will turn into 100% if we get another leaker on our side.
Sabi allegedly shares the same source as Verg. She already defended Verg on twitter about it. Staying at 95% until i see Banjo in a video fighting other people for more than 10 seconds.

LH LH

Smash Cadet
100%. Three credible people have literally confirmed it at this point
Three credible people? May I ask who the third is? I am aware of vergeben who hasn’t been wrong about a character, just timing for now at least and shinobi who probably wouldn’t lie or be uncertain due to the website they are a moderator on banning fake leakers

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Verge isn't exactly Mr. Credible, but Shinobi has a spotless track record and he used the same phrase that he used to tease Ultimate before it was announced. He knows what he's doing and I doubt he's trolling, but I would also like to see another credible leaker back Banjo.

I'd say so, especially if you can get it on sale. It's not as good as the original Banjo-Kazooie, but that's an insanely high bar to reach, and it's still a fun game. I just wouldn't recommend going for 100% completion; some of the challenges are unnecessarily frustrating due to the controls for certain gameplay segments.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! I'll pick it up on the Switch next time it's on sale.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Reimu would be such a great choice. a SHMUP rep and an Indie/Doujin rep. She has been around for ages, has a ton of games, and is the face of the japanese Doujin scene. Heck, I bet many current japanese programers started with making touhou fan games.

Kasumi from DoA? She would be a great rep from that series, i just feel she has a lot of competition from Ryu Hyabusa, as he also reps Ninja Giaden, a classic NES series.
Yeah I can agree, I suppose it doesn't quite help that he also is in doa too lol, but I also would like hayabusa too since I like him as well.

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Sabi allegedly shares the same source as Verg. She already defended Verg on twitter about it. Staying at 95% until i see Banjo in a video fighting other people for more than 10 seconds.
She doesn't share the same source as Verge, but she can apparently verify his. Her source is separate and hasn't said anything about the DLC, as far as we are aware.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Verge isn't exactly Mr. Credible, but Shinobi has a spotless track record and he used the same phrase that he used to tease Ultimate before it was announced. He knows what he's doing and I doubt he's trolling, but I would also like to see another credible leaker back Banjo.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! I'll pick it up on the Switch next time it's on sale.
Verge is Mr. Credible when it comes to Smash. He's gotten every based character he called right, months in advance for many of them.

The only 2 things people are hampered on are:

- Minecraft representation, which according to him, could mean anything at this point. Could be spirits with Banjo. Could be a Mii costume.

- Him assuming the SE Rep was in the base game or the first DLC character. He never actually made hard claims on this. Like, ever.

Other than that, yea, his info on some other stuff has been pretty bad, but not Smash.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'm at about 75% for Banjo's chances right now based mostly on Shinobi's words. He's the only leaker I'm trusting at the moment.

It's certainly divisive. I'm in the "good, not great" camp. But many of the problems I feel like come from making a company from scratch and relying on Kickstarter funding. It's a bit unpolished in certain areas. I wish they stuck more closely to Banjo & Kazooie with 9 smaller worlds, rather than a few big ones. I'd even accept lower graphical quality for more variety. But it is beautiful, and is fun enough to keep me engaged. The music is awesome. The great thing is they nailed the characters and world building, as well as the humor. If they had a bigger budget and more time, I think with that base, Yooka-Laylee could have been amazing. And who knows, with Impossible Lair, now we can see if they can.

But just remember, to those who felt differently, even if you didn't like it--you had ex-Rare employees coming together to try to recapture the magic of Banjo since Rare said **** all to the franchise. Getting as many former employees as possible back. They started a company from scratch, and felt a duty to the fans to make it the best they could with what they had. And there's so much love put into it. I feel like Yooka-Laylee deserves more credit from those who liked Banjo-Kazooie, given the story and people behind it.

LH LH

Smash Cadet
Verge is Mr. Credible when it comes to Smash. He's gotten every based character he called right, months in advance for many of them.

- Minecraft representation, which according to him, could mean anything at this point. Could be spirits with Banjo. Could be a Mii costume.

- Him assuming the SE Rep was in the base game or the first DLC character. He never actually made hard claims on this. Like, ever.

Other than that, yea, his info on some other stuff has been pretty bad, but not Smash.
He did kinda make hard claims on the Square Enix character being the first dlc but even then it’s justified as square does not like leaks supposedly and the Minecraft content could still happen.

Attachments

Justin Little

Smash Ace
In case anyone missed this reveal:

I'm so excited for this! A little disappointed it isn't a 3D platformer, but that might be a good thing if Banjo Threeie or Banjo Remaster does come about. Unless Retro's been working on a Tropical Freeze sequel then it might be in trouble. Ah, who am kidding? I would be buying both! ;)

Skip Rextro and Kartos, and be prepared for the awful quizzes and rough boss design. Those are the only complaints I really have with it. People will complain about the worlds being big and "empty", but you would be surprised how much variety the game does have. It's no more empty than your average open world game, and the worlds aren't as big as those. I agree they could bring more life into the game, but considering the ambitiousness of the game and being an indie project, I think they did the best at what they could do.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I liked Yooka Laylee a lot honestly.

And while I never put my expectations based on leakers besides VR Plant, I find the idea of a dual reveal featuring a DQ rep and Banjo highly likely by looking at the stuff that makes both plausible and past tendencies regarding Smash at E3.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

There's also the fact he didn't see King K. Rool coming but that doesn't count for too much.

Assume he's right but don't bet on it.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So the new Yooka Laylee is giving me mad DKC3 vibes. Neato. Not the biggest fan of DKC3 but hey it looks ok.

I ain't buying it until a sale or rave reviews though. I just do not trust Playtonic.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
You know, it's starting to feel like Ridley all over again.

Credible insiders (the same people who were against the Grinch leak) were hinting at Ridley, but nobody believed them. Now we have a very credible insider hinting at Banjo and people are still doubting them. Even GameXplain did a video about it and they seemed to believe it unlike the Grinch leak.

I'm still not 100% in, but it does look like history may be repeating itself here.

LH LH

Smash Cadet
I suppose E3 is only a couple of days away so we’ll just have to wait and see. I certainly hope they join.

D

Deleted member

I suppose E3 is only a couple of days away so we’ll just have to wait and see. I certainly hope they join.
My hopes are on Banjo and a DQ rep since getting both would be fantastic from my part.

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
It's certainly divisive. I'm in the "good, not great" camp. But many of the problems I feel like come from making a company from scratch and relying on Kickstarter funding. It's a bit unpolished in certain areas. I wish they stuck more closely to Banjo & Kazooie with 9 smaller worlds, rather than a few big ones. I'd even accept lower graphical quality for more variety. But it is beautiful, and is fun enough to keep me engaged. The music is awesome. The great thing is they nailed the characters and world building, as well as the humor. If they had a bigger budget and more time, I think with that base, Yooka-Laylee could have been amazing. And who knows, with Impossible Lair, now we can see if they can.

But just remember, to those who felt differently, even if you didn't like it--you had ex-Rare employees coming together to try to recapture the magic of Banjo since Rare said **** all to the franchise. Getting as many former employees as possible back. They started a company from scratch, and felt a duty to the fans to make it the best they could with what they had. And there's so much love put into it. I feel like Yooka-Laylee deserves more credit from those who liked Banjo-Kazooie, given the story and people behind it.
Wow that was beautiful.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Three credible people? May I ask who the third is? I am aware of vergeben who hasn’t been wrong about a character, just timing for now at least and shinobi who probably wouldn’t lie or be uncertain due to the website they are a moderator on banning fake leakers
• Shinobi, incredible leaker background.
• Vergeben, not incredible but he is putting in line his MAIN source's reputation, which is the real thing to take here this time.
• Sabi's NoA source gave us, once again, a teaser picture, like he did with the blue crab picture when he teased us Link's Awakening. I shared it here pages ago but I guess no one noticed or forgot entirely about it. It's the Witch Puzzle picture. And as you know, her NoA's source is 100% reliable.
Those are the three.

Last edited:

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
0%. Despite the rumors, I still refuse to believe Sakurai will add a western owned character onto the roster.

But that doesn't mean I won't stop believing B&K will come to Smash, for each and every iteration....Disappointing myself over and over..

T2by4

Smash Lord
Anyone else see the Byleth and Erdrick "leaked" photos? Looks impressive idk if real or not. Can you imagine if we get THREE anime swordsman as dlc lmao

Last edited:

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
0%. Despite the rumors, I still refuse to believe Sakurai will add a western owned character onto the roster.

But that doesn't mean I won't stop believing B&K will come to Smash, for each and every iteration....Disappointing myself over and over..
Samus is a western character. Metroid was released in the US first. :) And she is in the game.

D

Deleted member

Anyone else see the Byleth and Erdrick "leaked" photos? Looks impressive idk if real or not. Can you imagine if we get THREE anime swordsman as dlc lmao
I find the Erdrick leak fake.

He is holding the sword with the wrong hand and the model looks too bad for a Smash fighter.

I just stick with VR Plant regarding leaks.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Only three? It’s not a real battle pass till it’s 4 anime swordsmen and Banjo.

Top Bottom