• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
View attachment 226468

So this is the second time Jon Cartwright has brought up Banjo in the past few days; and we all know how his 'speculations and rumors' seem to almost always come true
Weird feeling but there is an alarming lack of bird in this post. Is Banjo going solo? Is Kazooie even going to appear?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
This just looks like 2d art to me.
But Erdrick in the other images looks even worse, really amateurish.
I think there's even a comment in the original 4chan post saying something like "I can't believe they made Erdrick the size of Ganondorf!"

Dunno, I thought that one was funny.

View attachment 226468

So this is the second time Jon Cartwright has brought up Banjo in the past few days; and we all know how his 'speculations and rumors' seem to almost always come true
Jon can be a bit of a troll at times, so I'm taking this particular one with a grain of salt. But yeah, the only time I recall him being wrong was about the date of a Nintendo Direct earlier this year. It was notably the first time he was ever wrong about a Direct date, too.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Who’s Jon Cartwright
He's part of GameXplain, and an admin on ResetEra. He seems to be an insider, as he has seemingly hinted at Nintendo Directs by tweeting about otters a few days before (sounds silly but it happened twice, and he did it for both of last year's September Direct's intended dates; one time his otter tweet was just for otters, though), and has made some suspicious "predictions." For example, he predicted every Final Fantasy game coming to Switch without naming one that didn't come. He also makes predictions that turn out wrong, however, so those may be genuine.

Last edited:

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
I like how everything we grew up playing from the late 90's - Mid 2000's is making a comeback not just for us ,But also for a new generation.

It's good to be a gamer right now.
You forgot the Medievil 1 Remake.

The only other thing left is a remake/sequel to Psi Ops. One of the best games ever.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Is it okay if I admit something? I'm kinda getting tired of all these remakes/remasters. Don't get me, it's great that new gamers can enjoy something that old gamers did (I played Battle for Bikini Bottom growing up, and I'm hyped for Rehydrated), but it seems like its gotten to the point of nostalgia pandering. I mean, Activision has proven they can make a good Crash remake, but can they make a good Crash game? A new one, at least. It's just something I want to get off my chest with all these announcements.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Is it okay if I admit something? I'm kinda getting tired of all these remakes/remasters. Don't get me, it's great that new gamers can enjoy something that old gamers did (I played Battle for Bikini Bottom growing up, and I'm hyped for Rehydrated), but it seems like its gotten to the point of nostalgia pandering. I mean, Activision has proven they can make a good Crash remake, but can they make a good Crash game? A new one, at least. It's just something I want to get off my chest with all these announcements.
The way that I see it, these remakes/remasters make the games in question more accessible. Not everyone still has, or ever had, certain consoles from several generations back - I only got into games like Metal Gear Solid 3, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, or the first three Devil May Cry games through their remastered versions since I never owned a PS2.

As well, they help to gauge (or boost) interest for sequels, and give developers something to build off of if the remasters do well enough. There was a brand new level in the Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, and I could see that being a testing ground for making a new Crash game.

Daeyrat

Smash Journeyman
About Jon, another funny thing about his predictions is that, in april, when everyone was talking about directs and rumors of directs, he said he thought there was no direct coming, and smash update could simply be told through a simple isolated video.
And guess what...?

He's not classified as insider or leaker, but by now, I would pay attention to what he says.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
About Jon, another funny thing about his predictions is that, in april, when everyone was talking about directs and rumors of directs, he said he thought there was no direct coming, and smash update could simply be told through a simple isolated video.
And guess what...?

He's not classified as insider or leaker, but by now, I would pay attention to what he says.
I have just assumed that GameXplain is on Nintendo’s payroll and anything that they say is Something Nintendo wants us to get excited for and to get the idea out there.

No way you can keep getting these things right unless you are being told by the source and Nintendo never threatens any sort of legal action. Or in the very least Nintendo finding out who has been feeding them all this information and having them stop.

Last edited:

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
In case anyone missed this reveal:
This is looking to be a pretty good year for gaming; Smash DLC, Death Stranding, Luigi's Mansion 3, whatever else we get at E3, and now this? Can you imagine if Metroid Prime 4 didn't get screwed up? I'll admit I never even got around to playing the original 3D Yooka-Laylee, just because I wanted to replay Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie again first, but I'm excited for this. Plus, another soundtrack from David Wise and Grant Kirkhope is an automatic win. I only worry if it can live up to the standard Tropical Freeze has set for 2D platformers.

I understand getting tired of seeing remasters instead of new games, but I'd personally really love to see the worlds of Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie updated. I don't even think my dreams can capture how magnificent that would look.

Edit: I don't know what happened to my reply to the first post.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I kinda definitely think Banjo's happening now.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Jon also did the GameXplain video on the Banjo rumors. He doesn't debunk it like they did with the Grinch leak. I take that as a sign that he seems to think that Banjo's in. He's definitely an insider.
I've noticed that Jon has been referring to Banjo Kazooie for quite a while now. He's made lots of videos on Smash Bros where he adds a nod towards the duo at the end of some of those videos. He said something along the lines of "As long as one of them is Banjo."

Ovaltine

Smash Master
Eh, Jon was also very optimistic about Geno, and we know he's out, so I'm taking his word with a grain of salt.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Okay, so a couple things:

First, my percentage of Banjo's chances: probably around 80-90%; with everything that's happened recently, I'm getting pumped, but there's a small chunk of me that doesn't want to get his hopes up after the Grinch Leak fiasco.

Second, that new Yooka-Laylee game actually looks pretty fun; I never played the first one due to not owning a Wii U, and by the time the Switch version came out, I had heard a lot of the mixed reviews of it, so I didn't really bother. However, this actually looks like it'll be right up my alley since I really enjoy side-scrolling platformers, especially the DKC series, which this seems to resemble. Also, music by David Wise and Grant Kirkhope? YES PLEASE!

Ctoan

Smash Apprentice
That's understandable. It's been extraordinarily common this generation. But if it's of an old and beloved game, I also think it's a great way to gauge interest in that series. Also they can be very exciting as well. I'd love for the remakes of Banjo Kazooie/Tooie to include the scrapped levels.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
GameXplain guy, a lot of his guesses in their videos have come true.
Also, otters are usually involved for extra foreshadowing, which is why I find it weird that he's using a bear this time. I don't know what to make of it all.

That's understandable. It's been extraordinarily common this generation. But if it's of an old and beloved game, I also think it's a great way to gauge interest in that series. Also they can be very exciting as well. I'd love for the remakes of Banjo Kazooie/Tooie to include the scrapped levels.
I appreciate them when remakes make the games even better than before. Though if there is a game that can definitely use one, it's Final Fantasy VIII, mainly because SE lost the source code for it...

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Eh, Jon was also very optimistic about Geno, and we know he's out, so I'm taking his word with a grain of salt.
Yeah I wouldn't take gamexplain as evidence of anything. We already have better sources at hand

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Yeah I wouldn't take gamexplain as evidence of anything. We already have better sources at hand
Are you serious? Jon got a lot of things right as stated by MonkeyDLenny. Sure there are other credible leakers to go by but there isn't any reason to dismiss him entirely. In fact he adds to Banjo Kazooie's already enormous credibility at the moment.

T2by4

Smash Lord
Jon also predicted Geno would be the first dlc... Didn't quite turn out that way.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...ers-approaching.114127/page-318#post-21540607

So, apparently Imran; the Senior Editor over at Game Informer and an RE member/insider ALSO has been hearing Banjo and actually doesn't believe Erdrick rumors have any weight

Big if true
Imagine if Erdrick doesn't happen. The reactions from that are going to be amazing. The one character people thought was a lock for a whole year. Was fake all along. Gosh that might be Grinch leak 2 actually. But in this case people would be ecstatic of it was fake.

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
I remember watching the GameXplain Prediction video before the Nintendo Direct where they revealed Kirby's Extra Epic yarn for 3DS and he basically predicted it saying he "could see it happening" - like what?? It just shocked me that it happened, A Kirby's Epic yarn port for the 3DS was the last thing I would of expected happening. So I kind of believe him for that surprise alone.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
According to everyone on RE he is. Although I admittedly only am just now hearing about him. Even Ryce seems to buy it
No? From the posts I'm seeing by Ryce (unless I missed one), he thinks Imran is talking in a more speculative manner. Doesn't seem to be buying it from what I'm understanding.

Top Bottom