• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
There's really no better place to announce Banjo than E3. With Microsoft and Nintendo both being present it's almost guaranteed there will be some crossover in either the Xbox Conference or, more likely, the Nintendo Direct. Ori got leaked that it was coming to Switch AGES ago and I don't think Microsoft is going to stop there. It's likely they'll have their own section in the Nintendo Direct where a Banjo-Kazooie reveal will make the most sense.
I think it's more likely Phil Spencer shows up in the Nintendo Direct, rather than Doug Bowser being at the Microsoft conference (weird to have his first appearance be at another company's conference). Phil could talk about ports coming over to Switch and then get the time honored, "One more thing", leading to the Smash intro.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
so I change my profile pic right. I just threw something together.

and now it's reminding me of Devil Bottles.

If there's a remaster of Banjo-Tooie, I wonder if Devil Bottles would be used in two-player mode like what was originally planned.

Last edited:

ze9

Smash Ace
I’m now interested in what Vergs acquaintances have to say, although I’ve been out of the leak scene for a bit so I could’ve missed something.

Both Xenother and Hitagi were both adamant Steve backers and communicated with him a lot, and both were absolutely certain Banjo was not in. I’ve heard Xenother may be done with leaks, but I’d like know Hitagis thoughts at least. Or if they have any updates. Or did Hitagi go M.I.A after joker got revealed?
Xenother and hitagi are clowns. They never leaked anything right, iirc.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Not to sound greedy but I do think it's possible for us to get three character reveals at E3.
I don't see this happening at all. The only way I could see it is if they decide to throw in an extra character not part of the fighters pass as a bonus a la piranha plant. But that seems unlikely. Though, if they did I suspect it would be first party.

Also, guys let's not celebrate prematurely. Nothing is for sure set in stone until the actual reveal and if things end up going south after this, I can't even imagine what the fallout will be at this point.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Do you all think the Amiibo theory will pan out since Banjo is pretty much confirmed at this point? I'd certinaly love to get me a Banjo-Kazooie amiibo.

ze9

Smash Ace
Uuuuh, I was talking about this with some friends and...
Does anyone here remember how the xbox insider who apparently leaked Banjo in his podcast back in january was called? He sounded something Batman's villain Rhas al Gu'l, but I don't remember well and I can't seem to find the podcast.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
What Amiibo theory?
The one about the reports about Banjo amiibo order plans from a supposed person with documents for that. I’m tired, but there was some evidence to their claim.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Uuuuh, I was talking about this with some friends and...
Does anyone here remember how the xbox insider who apparently leaked Banjo in his podcast back in january was called? He sounded something Batman's villain Rhas al Gu'l, but I don't remember well and I can't seem to find the podcast.
Rand Al Thor. Here's the proof. This is the first whisperings of Banjo coming to smash.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
24 hours ago I was cautiously optimistic after Shinobi's comment and all the other Banjo sightings. Now after seeing Verg's comment I'm positively shook.

Love him or hate him, Vergeben has yet to be wrong about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (not counting his very first 2018 post that had random third-parties which even at the time he thought was bogus). The only real mark against him is the Square rep not being the first DLC released, but at the same time it's a known fact that Joker was pushed up ahead of schedule.

Even with the Shinobi and Vergeben on our side, I still refuse to believe it until I see it. It's been 11 years since Nuts & Bolts and it has been nineteen since Tooie. But god damn it is it hard not to get hype. Vergeben says he's 99% in, but what does that other 1% mean? That 1% terrifies me.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If Banjo doesn't have some game announced at E3 I will be entirely shocked.
I won't. The most I expect besides Banjo & Kazooie in Smash is Rare Replay being ported to the Switch or the N64 Mini with Rareware games being announced. I don't at all expect to see Banjo-Threeie there.

I trust Nintendo will have a good track list lined up. But I personally want mayahem temple in there. I don't know what it is, but I can't stop listening to it. So good. I also want it so the stage can indirectly taunt you. "Come and have a go, if you think you're hard enough."
I'm hoping to see Hailfire Peaks get a remix:

I gotta wonder if Sakurai contacted the original creators of B+K to add the character now. Probably not since not even K. Rool's creator was contacted.
Sakurai didn't have to contact Steve Mayles about K. Rool because Nintendo owns him.

Wasn't it Steve Mayles that created K. Rool plus Banjo & Kazooie?
Yes, but K. Rool is owned by Nintendo and Banjo & Kazooie are owned by Microsoft/Rare. But yes he did create them both as well as Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong.

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Which of the following do you expect in their DLC Spirit pack?

-Banjo Spirits?
-Rareware Spirits? (Conker/Perfect Dark/Jet Force Gemini etc)
-Microsoft Spirits? (Minecraft/Halo etc)

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

-Banjo Spirits?
I think it’d just be Banjo spirits, Mumbo and all the major NPCs; I’m ready to be surprised though

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
When Microsoft said they'd be "inviting something new" to their presentation, they just meant they were inviting the WWE - they have a wrestling ring instead of a stage this year, and the entire show is just Banjo and Mario suplexing each other for an hour.
That would be amazing! Please let this happen!

View attachment 226149

EVEN VERGEBEN HAS COME AROUND TO BANJO!

Okay, but seriously, this of him saying 99% chance is yet another example of a lot of insiders leaning to Banjo but no one seems to want to actually say with certainty that he's in. What is going on behind the scenes that has everyone scared to commit to Banjo?

If Vergeben gets Erdrick right, he's redeemed himself.

Last edited:

GrungeMan

Smash Apprentice

-Banjo Spirits?
A Conker spirit seems very likely in my opinion!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

-Banjo Spirits?
Blast Corps and Jetforce Gemini's Japanese names were found within the code so I expect to see spirits from those games as well as Conker and the Banjo-Kazooie games.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Criminy this thread has been a rollercoaster recently

Banjo’s in
Wait no he’s not
Wait yes he is
Never mind, he’s not
Oh snap he is

Last edited:

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
If Banjo is actually in, what songs do you guys want to see make the cut? I’d love to see:

• Main Theme
  • Spiral Mountain
  • Mumbo’s Mountain
  • Treasure Trove Cove
  • Freezeezy Peaks
  • Click Clock Wood
  • Final Battle
  • Witchy World
  • Terrydactyland
  • Hailfire Peaks
  • Banjo Land
  • Windy (Conker’s Bad Fur Day)
  • Battletoads Theme
  • Killer Instinct Theme
The additional Rare songs might be a bit weird, but Rare’s library has so much good music that it’d be a shame not to give a taste of what they have to offer beyond Banjo. Plus, I’d kill to hear the KI theme in Smash.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
If Banjo is actually in, what songs do you guys want to see make the cut? I’d love to see:

• Main Theme
  • Spiral Mountain
  • Mumbo’s Mountain
  • Treasure Trove Cove
  • Freezeezy Peaks
  • Click Clock Wood
  • Final Battle
  • Witchy World
  • Terrydactyland
  • Hailfire Peaks
  • Banjo Land
  • Battletoads Theme
  • Killer Instinct Theme
The additional Rare songs might be a bit weird, but Rare’s library has so much good music that it’d be a shame not to give a taste of what they have to offer beyond Banjo. Plus, I’d kill to hear the KI theme in Smash.
I expect New Remixes for Spiral Mountain, Showdown Town, and Grunty’s Lair

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I won't. The most I expect besides Banjo & Kazooie in Smash is Rare Replay being ported to the Switch or the N64 Mini with Rareware games being announced. I don't at all expect to see Banjo-Threeie there.

I'm hoping to see Hailfire Peaks get a remix:

Sakurai didn't have to contact Steve Mayles about K. Rool because Nintendo owns him.

Yes, but K. Rool is owned by Nintendo and Banjo & Kazooie are owned by Microsoft/Rare. But yes he did create them both as well as Diddy Kong and Dixie Kong.
I want a Hailfire Peaks remix that combines the two--they sound awesome together. It's particularly bumpin' 25 seconds in.

Last edited:

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice

• Main Theme
  • Spiral Mountain
  • Mumbo’s Mountain
  • Treasure Trove Cove
  • Freezeezy Peaks
  • Click Clock Wood
  • Final Battle
  • Witchy World
  • Terrydactyland
  • Hailfire Peaks
  • Banjo Land
  • Battletoads Theme
  • Killer Instinct Theme
All of them. All the tracks.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Criminy this thread has been a rollercoaster recently

Banjo’s in
Wait no he’s not
Wait yes he is
Never mind, he’s not
Oh snap he is
Grant Kirkhope designed Banjo-Kazooie's music on the Devil's tritone to reflect Banjo and Kazooie's opposing personalities. We go back and forth because we're just really big fans.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Ok...

Hang on, can I get everyone's attention please? I know we've had ups and downs. I know that we've had fanbases laugh us off. I know we've been at some sort of "war" with Steve fans.

I get it. We've been an underdog for far FAR too long. However, it's not set in stone yet. We haven't got a Banjo announcement. And WHEN/IF WE DO! GUY!! LISTEN!!! PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL TO STEVE FANS!! I can not stress this enough. Think about if the tables were turned and Steve got in over Banjo. Would you really want the Steve fanbase coming in here and laughing and taunting to us??

NO! So don't do it to them. Just be the damn good sports that I know we are. Don't be *** holes. We're on the same team. Wanting characters in Smash. No need to demean someone else for wanting Steve over Banjo. Be considerate. That's all I ask.
Yeah seriously, especially since we have nothing to celebrate about. Until E3 and the Nintendo direct, it’s anybody’s game. Let’s all be civil, please. We haven’t won anything yet, and truth be told, I’ve been saying nothing because I don’t want to jinx our chances again. Trust me though, I’m PRAYING this is it. That this is the moment some of us have been waiting twenty years for. Since Banjo-Kazooie and Smash Bros. came out a year apart and I fell in love with both series, I’ve wanted nothing in Smash other than Banjo-Kazooie. If they make it in at long last, I’ll never complain about anything video game-related ever again.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Yeah seriously, especially since we have nothing to celebrate about. Until E3 and the Nintendo direct, it’s anybody’s game. Let’s all be civil, please. We haven’t won anything yet, and truth be told, I’ve been saying nothing because I don’t want to jinx our chances again. Trust me though, I’m PRAYING this is it. That this is the moment some of us have been waiting twenty years for. Since Banjo-Kazooie and Smash Bros. came out a year apart and I fell in love with both series, I’ve wanted nothing in Smash other than Banjo-Kazooie. If they make it in at long last, I’ll never complain about anything video game-related ever again.
I've been waiting the best part of 20 years for Banjo in Smash.

If it happens the last thing I'm gonna be worried about is some other character's fan/trollbase. I never wanted Banjo to rub anyone's face in anything, I just wanted him mixing with the rest of my all time favorite characters, and I wanted a place to stay connected with the character without constantly replaying his games.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Just want to specify, even though this is is primarily a banjo thread that it does not deconfirm Erdrick in anyway either. I frequent ERA as a user, and Tansuit (guy who leaked Cloud) is still pretty adamant on Erdrick as well, while being pretty cool with the Banjo stuff from Shinobi.

My guess is that BOTH are happening and BOTH are being geared up for a double release at E3. Why? Because Sakurai has confirmed he worked on the first 3 characters since the beginning (December 2018), so its reasonable to expect the 2 after Joker to be relatively close. On top of this, Tansuit and Shinobi are very legit insiders, one having Square connections and another having Sony/Microsoft connects.

Im just trying to say, dont be shocked/disappointed if Erdrick is announced first, because Banjo probably will follow suit. By this time next week, we may have a lot of happy people on this forum.

Ps. Im ****ing flabbergasted by the idea that Smash finally will complete its 64 lineup of icons after 20 years. And Dragon Quest is the grandfather of JRPGs so ik excited about that prospect too. East and West games coming together like this will never happen again

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Just want to specify, even though this is is primarily a banjo thread that it does not deconfirm Erdrick in anyway either. I frequent ERA as a user, and Tansuit (guy who leaked Cloud) is still pretty adamant on Erdrick as well, while being pretty cool with the Banjo stuff from Shinobi.

My guess is that BOTH are happening and BOTH are being geared up for a double release at E3. Why? Because Sakurai has confirmed he worked on the first 3 characters since the beginning (December 2018), so its reasonable to expect the 2 after Joker to be relatively close. On top of this, Tansuit and Shinobi are very legit insiders, one having Square connections and another having Sony/Microsoft connects.

Im just trying to say, dont be shocked/disappointed if Erdrick is announced first, because Banjo probably will follow suit. By this time next week, we may have a lot of happy people on this forum
I've been thinking we'd see 2 characters at E3 for some time. They've ALWAYS had multiple reveals at E3.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I've been thinking we'd see 2 characters at E3 for some time. They've ALWAYS had multiple reveals at E3.
Yea, they could easily reveal two characters for E3. I'm surprised how often I've seen people go that 2 characters would be too much which would leave they with a huge gap left until Feb 2020 for just two more characters.

The thing is, they can reveal 2 at E3, but just have 1 be released after E3 with the other coming in July or August (they announced Lucas around March and then made him available at E3).

Rummy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rummy
Switch FC
7820-4094-4523
It's been awhile, I do wonder if fate has a worst joke for the Bear or that the sun as finally shined on them with glee. I know nothing of their inclusion or exclusion yet but in time things will become clearer. TL;DR I'm rooting for the good news and think this is it.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I'm still doubtful we'll be getting two characters at E3. I see no evidence or rumors that would be the case, and I've learned with Smash to not expect the obvious, or even what makes sense. It makes sense to have two characters at this point, given the long wait, and the important time of year it is for gaming. It makes sense to have Banjo & Kazooie (if they're in) at E3, but for all we know Nintendo could pull a Nintendo and only reveal Erdrick (if he's in) during E3. And I'm trying to have the least assumptions--that Brave will be revealed next (order characters are worked on don't necessarily have to line up to their reveal order) and that Erdrick is Brave are also assumptions, which could very well be wrong. And, of course, we could get a character that's neither of those two. I see all these as possibilities.

But I wonder if it's too much in such little time (in terms of announcements... if there are two, I expect a tease for a character months off). And the time frame they gave us is more than enough time to spread out 4 characters until Feb 2020.

Though, I'd much prefer two characters, obviously because I can't wait, but also because two will even out the character roster on my laptop's wallpaper. :chuckle:

Top Bottom