• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Well, here's a question:

Where on the character banner do you want Banjo and Kazooie? Are they doing any unique pose? And are they interacting with one of the other characters?

Well, that was a lie. It was multiple questions.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Character Packs #2 and #3 getting both shown at E3: Very likely

Character Packs #2 and #3 BOTH becoming playable right after presentation: I have no idea.

Lacrimosa

Smash Lord
If Banjo is actually in, what songs do you guys want to see make the cut? I’d love to see:

• Main Theme
  • Spiral Mountain
  • Mumbo’s Mountain
  • Treasure Trove Cove
  • Freezeezy Peaks
  • Click Clock Wood
  • Final Battle
  • Witchy World
  • Terrydactyland
  • Hailfire Peaks
  • Banjo Land
  • Windy (Conker’s Bad Fur Day)
  • Battletoads Theme
  • Killer Instinct Theme
The additional Rare songs might be a bit weird, but Rare’s library has so much good music that it’d be a shame not to give a taste of what they have to offer beyond Banjo. Plus, I’d kill to hear the KI theme in Smash.
Rusty Bucket Bay and/or Grunty industries as well.
Probably my two favorite tracks of both N64 games.

Last edited:

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
When it comes to their reveal trailer, I think it's gonna be really simple and reminiscent. I think we'll have a pan over a lush mountain area before the camera settles on a small cascade pool. Banjo and Kazooie will then knock in the screen, perform the iconic intro (only the beginning) before his splash screen says "Banjo and Kazooie Are Finally Here!" Then the gameplay trailer, finishing off with "Available Now".

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Character Packs #2 and #3 getting both shown at E3: Very likely

Character Packs #2 and #3 BOTH becoming playable right after presentation: I have no idea.

They announced and dropped Roy, Lucas and Ryu all during the E3 period, then it was another ~5 or so months until Cloud, then 2 more months for Corrin and Bayo.

If i had to guess, Erdrick and Banjo next week, fully playable. DLC 4 sometime in the fall, and DLC 5 sometime in the winter. I also have this weird feeling that Sakurai will through in a 6th fighter in as a surprise. Something tells me he may not just end it with a remaining fighter without shocking us a bit. Just a feeling i have.

zferolie

Smash Hero
So i guess i am late but vergeben is on the banjo bandwagon too now huh? I have been neutral of him(he sometimes comes off as pompous) but i think its safe to say we know for sure banjo is in.

While that is cool... kinda wish this would have been a complete surprise. Imagine the hype seeing that reveal blind. But even if these leaks didnt happen, all the other banjo merch coming out has spoiled it a bit, or at least got people expecting something.

As for who will be playable... it depends i think one the order of the reveals. Its possible edrick(though still prefer slime) could be shown at the end of the smash tourny, then banjo at microsoft. That would have me expect erdrick first right after nintendo direct.

However, if they do the reveal trailer for banjo during microsoft, show gameplay at the start of the nintendo direct, and end with the erdrick reveal trailer, then banjo will be released right after.

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman
I’m now interested in what Vergs acquaintances have to say, although I’ve been out of the leak scene for a bit so I could’ve missed something.

Both Xenother and Hitagi were both adamant Steve backers and communicated with him a lot, and both were absolutely certain Banjo was not in. I’ve heard Xenother may be done with leaks, but I’d like know Hitagis thoughts at least. Or if they have any updates. Or did Hitagi go M.I.A after joker got revealed?
Steve could have been leak bait and/or Mii costume.

D

Deleted member

I felt the need of sharing this
There was a problem fetching the tweet

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
You know, in all my years of thinking about Banjo's chances from Smash 4 to Ultimate speculation, I feel I would have been convinced to predict Banjo, had I had any personal love for the series. I tried getting into it when I played it on the N64 at a young and did it again a few years later, but I could never enjoy it much. I could get its appeal from a tone and atmosphere standpoint, but those impressions back then have made me kind of neutral towards the character, sorta like with Ridley.

I think that has been the biggest wall for predicting Banjo for me.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
They announced and dropped Roy, Lucas and Ryu all during the E3 period, then it was another ~5 or so months until Cloud, then 2 more months for Corrin and Bayo.

If i had to guess, Erdrick and Banjo next week, fully playable. DLC 4 sometime in the fall, and DLC 5 sometime in the winter. I also have this weird feeling that Sakurai will through in a 6th fighter in as a surprise. Something tells me he may not just end it with a remaining fighter without shocking us a bit. Just a feeling i have.
The wait back then wasn't noticeable because we didn't know how many DLC there was going to be. After Ryu/Roy/Lucas, Smash went on radio silence. The only thing we knew was the ballot character, and even that wasn't certain if it was DLC or a future Smash game addition.

So its amusing seeing people chomping at the bit for Smash news even after Plant and Joker when people would bring up how we survived 5 months until Cloud. Its just that we didn't know how much Smash 4 would get.

As for other non FP characters, I look at the smash site and get Box Theory vibes again. It specifically has 4 empty placeholder spots under Joker. While they can easily add more, they could have also just left it without the placeholders. So odds are, like box theory, what we see is what we get.

BZocky

Smash Ace
This has truly been the Ultimate wait for E3, at least for us in here. It felt like up until last night every other leak Banjo was ‘deconfirmed’ again, only to be back on the table the next hour. It seems like things have finally turned around! Only a couple days left now and odds look great for our Rare duo.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
This has truly been the Ultimate wait for E3, at least for us in here. It felt like up until last night every other leak Banjo was ‘deconfirmed’ again, only to be back on the table the next hour. It seems like things have finally turned around! Only a couple days left now and odds look great for our Rare duo.

This is the first time Banjo has been part of Insider leaks. So far, with Smash, most insider leaks have been real.

- "Everyone is here"
- Daisy + Ridley
- Simon
- Isabelle, Ken and Incineroar

All of these were properly leaked by Vergeben last year and were right. Now he's also claiming Banjo along with Erdrick as a result of Tansuit and Shinobi. Say what you want about his non-smash scoops, but he's been entitely right, save for a vague "Minecraft representation" comment that has yet to be proven wrong or right yet.

Tansuit personally leaked Cloud during smash 4, so I believe him when he says Erdrick is in. Shinobi used the same "smashing good time" gesture right before Ultimate was teased, and hes using it again for Banjo.

Its certainly looking great for both of these characters. Hopefully DLC 4 and 5 will retain the hype lol

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
So i guess i am late but vergeben is on the banjo bandwagon too now huh? I have been neutral of him(he sometimes comes off as pompous) but i think its safe to say we know for sure banjo is in.

While that is cool... kinda wish this would have been a complete surprise. Imagine the hype seeing that reveal blind. But even if these leaks didnt happen, all the other banjo merch coming out has spoiled it a bit, or at least got people expecting something.

As for who will be playable... it depends i think one the order of the reveals. Its possible edrick(though still prefer slime) could be shown at the end of the smash tourny, then banjo at microsoft. That would have me expect erdrick first right after nintendo direct.

However, if they do the reveal trailer for banjo during microsoft, show gameplay at the start of the nintendo direct, and end with the erdrick reveal trailer, then banjo will be released right after.
If Banjo Kazooie and Erdrick are announced at E3 then I truly hope that Banjo Kazooie are released before Erdrick considering that Banjo Kazooie is just as popular in Japan as they are in the United States and Europe. Erdrick has an overwhelming Japanese audience but hasn't captivated the overseas audience yet.

zferolie

Smash Hero
If Banjo Kazooie and Erdrick are announced at E3 then I truly hope that Banjo Kazooie are released before Erdrick considering that Banjo Kazooie is just as popular in Japan as they are in the United States and Europe. Erdrick has an overwhelming Japanese audience but hasn't captivated the overseas audience yet.
Business wise banjo right after direct makes sense due to world wide appeal, and it is a western conference.

D

Deleted member

I’m fine with whoever releases first, tbh.

I am cool with both of them and I would be fine with whoever they choose to release first.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
They can just drop both at the same time. They did it with Roy, Ryu and Lucas for Smash 4. Tbh thats what i find most likely at this point. Nintendo likes dropping DLC on people almost immediately instead of giving release dates. They did this BoTW and have done it for smash before.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
This is the first time Banjo has been part of Insider leaks. So far, with Smash, most insider leaks have been real.

- "Everyone is here"
- Daisy + Ridley
- Simon
- Isabelle, Ken and Incineroar

All of these were properly leaked by Vergeben last year.

Tansuit personally leaked Cloud during smash 4, so I believe him when he says Erdrick is in. Shinobi used the same "smashing good time" gesture right before Ultimate was teased, and hes using it again for Banjo.

Its certainly looking great for both of these characters. Hopefully DLC 4 and 5 will retain the hype lol
If Erdrick and Banjo Kazooie come to E3, that gives the 4chan leak that also said Leon Kennedy and Lloyd Irving would be joining the fighters pass more credibility. Not that it's a bad thing. I wish I could find that leak though... :^(

Edit: Here is the link if you wish to view it but I'll screen cap it below: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/463256834/

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Man I sure can't wait to play Banjo and smash Snake in the cranium with Kazooie while Cloud has his shield broken on the other side of the stage and Ridley about to homerun-bat him in Mementos with Rivers in the Desert playing in the background...

This is how insane Smash has gotten...

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
If Erdrick and Banjo Kazooie come to E3, that gives the 4chan leak that also said Leon Kennedy and Lloyd Irving would be joining the fighters pass more credibility. Not that it's a bad thing. I wish I could find that leak though... :^(

Edit: here it is Link if you wish to view it but I'll screen cap it below: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/463256834/

This?

https://smashboards.com/attachments/20190530_114059-jpg.225136/

If Erdrick and Banjo are released as 2 and 3, i will certainly keep this rumor in mind.

Edit: you ninjad meXDD

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
How do you guys think how he would play in Smash? Give me your ideas please!
Glad you asked, friend-o! I came up with this comprehensive guide to how I personally think and hope Banjo & Kazooie would play in Smash, and what they would bring to the table! Artwork also done by yours truly in hype for last year's Smash Ultimate debut!

Banjo-Kazooie are Rarin' to Go!

As far as their fighter characteristics go, Banjo-Kazooie are size and weight-wise along the same lines as Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, and Pac-Man. They have middleweight characteristics and have a good balance of speed and power. They possess a bit of traction that causes them to slide a bit when turning around. Because of Kazooie's avian capabilities, Banjo has two standard floaty jumps, the double jump turns into a Feathery Flap when the jump button is held that allows a bit extra horizontal distance and decreased falling before dropping, as in their platforming games. Banjo has one of the slowest dashes in Smash Bros., running as fast as Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Robin, and Incineroar. However, by inputting the shield and left taunt inputs and holding the shield button, Banjo can allow Kazooie to run with the Talon Trot, allowing a tremendous boost of speed and jumping ability! Although they are unable to naturally attack while in this form, they can run as fast as Yoshi and jump much higher! Releasing the Talon Trot input or pressing the attack or special buttons returns Kazooie into Banjo's backpack, allowing for speedy approaches and attack followups! On the battlefield when Banjo & Kazooie are in play, Feather & Egg Nests will frequently pop up in random places for Banjo & Kazooie to collect, a la their collectathon-themed games! These nests feature Red & Golden Feathers and Blue, Fire, Ice, Battery, Clockwork Kazooie, and Grenade Eggs which aid in the use of moves such as their Flight Pad, WonderWing, and Egg Shot/Reverse Egg Shots. They will start off with a set amount of Blue Eggs and Red Feathers each match and must collect Golden Feathers and the Special Eggs to be able to utilize them in the field. These few details give Banjo-Kazooie a few extra options in traversal across Nintendo's many stages!

• On-Screen Appearance: An Exit Pad from Banjo-Kazooie appears on the stage and Banjo-Kazooie teleport onto the stage with a bit of magic.
  • Idle Poses:
    • Banjo looks around his environment with Kazooie occasionally peeking out of his backpack either partially or wholly.
    • Kazooie will occasionally pop out of Banjo's backpack and peck Banjo on both sides of his head, causing Banjo to scratch his head in pain while Kazooie chuckles. On rare occasions when Kazooie does this, Banjo will choke her out like in Banjo-Tooie!
  • Taunts:
    • Up Taunt: Kazooie will flap out of Banjo's backpack in a burst of glee before returning to it.
    • Side Taunt: Banjo-Kazooie check out their Magic Wrench from Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts n' Bolts stored in their backpack, which briefly sparks with energy, before Kazooie shakes her head in disapproval and throws it away. The Wrench will bounce on the ground once before disappearing, and it can cause slight stun damage if it hits an opponent.
    • Down Taunt: Banjo-Kazooie pull out their banjo and kazoo and play a quick snippet of their theme song.
  • Moveset:
    • Claw Swipe-Peck: Banjo-Kazooie's neutral attack is Banjo's Claw Swipe from Banjo-Kazooie and Kazooie's Peck from Banjo-Tooie combined, a standard Punch-Punch-Punch combo that turns into an infinite when Kazooie pops out to peck unsuspecting opponents, ending with a whack from her wings.
    • Forward Roll: Banjo-Kazooie's dash attack is the Forward Roll from Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie, Banjo rolls in a ball with Kazooie covering him with her wings for extra protection like in Tooie, allowing them to barrel through opponents.
    • Pack Whack: Banjo-Kazooie's forward tilt attack is the Pack Whack from Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge (not to be confused with Banjo's standard attack move during Split Up from Banjo-Tooie), where Banjo takes his backpack and hits the ground in front of him.
    • Sky Peck: Banjo-Kazooie's up tilt is the Sky Peck, an original move where Kazooie pops out quick to peck opponents above her, great for juggling set ups.
    • Beak Barge: Banjo-Kazooie's down tilt is the Beak Barge from Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie, where Kazooie lunges forward low into opponents and barges through them. Has a bit of starting lag but allows for safe traversal and dodging certain projectiles akin to Mega Man and Cloud's down tilts.
    • Breegull Bash: Banjo-Kazooie's forward smash is the Breegull Bash from Banjo-Tooie, where Banjo takes his partner and slams her directly in front of him, much to her chagrin. It causes terrific knockback and causes a seismic effect around the front of them similar to Donkey Kong's Ground Pound, allowing safety even if they miss.
    • Flap Flip: Banjo-Kazooie's up smash is a variation of the Flap Flip from Banjo-Kazooie, where Banjo-Kazooie do an acrobatic flip attack that has good upward range and aerial knockback but can leave them slightly vulnerable to opponents in front and behind of them.
    • Wing Swipe: Banjo-Kazooie's down smash is an original move where Banjo spins around and Kazooie swipes and trips opponents with her wings, causing consecutive damage akin to Pikachu/Pichu's down smash or Young Link/Toon Link's spin attack.
    • Air Pack Whack: Banjo-Kazooie's neutral aerial is Banjo's standard attack when Split Up from Kazooie from Banjo-Tooie where Banjo takes his backpack and swings it around him in a circle. This move allows him to temporarily hover like when Mario uses his Cape, granting the pair a moment to further recover.
    • Rat-a-Tat Rap: Banjo-Kazooie's forward aerial is the Rat-a-Tat Rap from Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie where Kazooie pops out and pecks opponents directly in front of her in succession. Kazooie's reach is deceptive as she stretches her neck out and the last peck is especially effective, sending opponents downward at a slight angle. It is also able to be used effectively close to the ground with short jump inputs.
    • Wing Winder: Banjo-Kazooie's backward aerial is an original move where Kazooie flaps at opponents with her wings, similar in style to Corrin's back aerial, landing consecutive hits and blowing them away slightly with a gust of wind on the last blow like Mr. Game & Watch's up aerial.
    • Wing Whack: Banjo-Kazooie's upward aerial is the Wing Whack, Kazooie's standard attack when Split Up from Banjo from Banjo-Tooie modified to be more vertical in appearance where Kazooie pops completely out of Banjo's backpack and does a circular wing attack that allows her to hit opponents above her, in front of her, and behind her. It is most effective on opponents directly above her but causes damage in front and behind her as well.
    • Beak Buster/Bill Drill: Banjo-Kazooie's downward aerial is the Beak Buster and Bill Drill from Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie, where Banjo-Kazooie curl into a ball and plummet downwards to the ground causing damage to anyone beneath them. It can be cancelled out of as a Beak Buster. Holding the attack button causes the pair to hover temporarily as it turns the Beak Buster into the Bill Drill which causes extensive consecutive damage and has a meteor smash effect but is unable to be canceled out of like the Beak Buster if it misses an opponent, allowing for self-destructs if used off the arena.
    • Taxi Pack: Banjo-Kazooie's grab is Banjo's Taxi Pack from Banjo-Tooie where when separated, he can use his backpack to transport other beings or objects instead of Kazooie. He takes off his backpack and swipes an opponent into it! Of course, unfortunately for their opponents, Kazooie is still in the pack!
    • Peck Pummel: Banjo-Kazooie's pummel attack is Kazooie attacking their opponent inside the backpack!
    • Banjo Do-Si-Do: Banjo-Kazooie's forward throw is similar to Mario's back throw where they swing an opponent inside his backpack and send them flying forward.
    • Backpack Back Attack: Banjo-Kazooie's backward throw is a two-person combo where Banjo flings them behind him and Kazooie smacks them out of the backpack.
    • Peak Peck Attack: Banjo-Kazooie's upward throw has Banjo fling them upwards and Kazooie pecks them in the back out of the pack to send them upward.
    • Beak Buster Blitz: Banjo-Kazooie's down throw has Banjo throw the person out of the backpack into the ground and Banjo-Kazooie do a quick Beak Buster on them.
    • Breakdancing Bear and Bird: Banjo-Kazooie's attack when knocked down to the ground is a slight breakdance move where Banjo and Kazooie kick and swipe whoever's nearest to them individually, so when Banjo's backpack is towards an opponent on the left and Banjo's feet are on the right, they'll attack whoever's near them.
    • Grip Grab Peck: Banjo-Kazooie's attack when grabbing a ledge is a variation of the Grip Grab attack from Banjo-Tooie where Kazooie will peck at an enemy directly in front of her.
    • Egg Shot/Reverse Egg Shot: Banjo-Kazooie's standard special is the Egg Shot from Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie where Kazooie fires eggs a great distance in front of her at opponents, at least the length of Battlefield. She can cycle through six eggs by holding down B, each with their own properties and speed, and an icon is featured at the top of their stock icon to show which egg is featured and how many of each egg they possess. She can also shoot eggs in reverse by holding B and then tilting the control stick in the opposite direction, allowing protection from behind, although the eggs will bounce instead of traveling a great distance and are subject to gravity. They start off with 100 standard Blue Eggs and 5 of each Special Egg at the beginning of each match and must collect their Special Eggs from Egg Nests that frequently pop up in random places across the battlefield. The Blue Egg can fire rapidly at a speed akin to Mega Man's Mega Buster by tapping the special button consecutively, allowing slight stun damage but not heavy damage percentages. The Fire Egg can cause burn damage and good knockback but is slightly slower than the standard Blue Egg. The Ice Egg has a chance of freezing an opponent and has the same speed as the Fire Egg. The Battery Egg from Grunty's Revenge causes electrical damage and a stun effect but causes only slight knockback. It is slightly faster than the Fire and Ice Eggs. The Clockwork Kazooie egg sends out a miniature Kazooie bomb akin to Bowser Jr.'s Mechakoopas that walk around the stage before blowing up, however, unlike Bowser Jr., Kazooie can cause them to explode prematurely by pressing the special button at will. They can damage Banjo-Kazooie if not careful, however. The Grenade Egg is the strongest Egg in their arsenal and unleashes by holding down the special button for the duration of the charging process, causing tremendous knockback and explosion, but are incredibly slow-moving and can damage Banjo-Kazooie greatly if not careful.
    • Beak Bomb: Banjo-Kazooie's forward special is the Beak Bomb from Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie, where Banjo-Kazooie charge up similar to Pikachu and Pichu's Skull Bash and Luigi's Green Missile before launching forward, allowing for great knockback and damage, however it does cause damage upon the bear and bird when charged fully, similar to Charizard's Flare Blitz! They can slightly control which direction they go while charging so it's great for horizontal recoveries and can combo into their Up Special. This move does use up Red Feathers, so use it wisely and conservatively!
    • Flight Pad: Banjo-Kazooie's up special is the Flight Pad from Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie, summoning a Flight Pad that allows them a terrific jump boost and two extra flaps before going helpless. It can be controlled to go in any direction upward, however they cannot attack until finished. In conjunction with the Beak Bomb, they have tremendous recovery potential. This move does use up Red Feathers, so use it wisely and conservatively.
    • Wonderwing: Banjo-Kazooie's down special is the Wonderwing ability from Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie, where Kazooie shields Banjo with an invincible force field that protects them from harm, acting as a counter, a reflector, and a shield, similar to Palutena's Counter/Reflector and Pit/Dark Pit's Guardian Orbitars. This move requires Golden Feathers to function, which appear in Feather Nests that frequently pop up across the battlefield, although Golden Feathers appear much rarer than Red Feathers, so the Wonderwing is a conservative move that should only be used in extreme situations.
    • Daddy T. Rex & Dragon Kazooie: Banjo-Kazooie's Final Smash is the Dragon Kazooie and Daddy T. Rex transformation from Banjo-Tooie! Mumbo Jumbo and Humba Wumba combine their magical shaman spells to transform Kazooie into Dragon Kazooie, who hops out of Banjo's backpack attacking and targeting whoever she can reach. Once she's attacked one or enough characters before the time limit runs out, she magically returns to Banjo's backpack and the duo transforms into the gigantic Daddy T. Rex, who rampages across the stage trampling and flinging opponents and lets out an ear-shattering roar that causes tremendous knockback!
    • The Mighty Jinjonator: Another alternate Final Smash available exclusively on Banjo & Kazooie's home stage is the Mighty Jinjonator! Summoned when Jinjos on Spiral Mountain are collected by Banjo & Kazooie (or any fighter who is successful in rescuing all five) before the stage reaches the top of Gruntilda's Lair, the Mighty Jinjonator will activate as soon as Gruntilda shows up, bashing into the nearest opponents and causing tremendous knockback and damage!
  • Home Stage:
    • Spiral Mountain: The iconic hub world of Banjo-Kazooie makes its appearance in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a traveling stage akin to Delfino Plaza, the Halberd, Rainbow Road, and Wuhu Island. Starting in front of Banjo's house in a little alcove, the stage travels in random order to the vegetable garden nearby where the pair learn the Rat-a-Tat-Rap (a flying cauliflower will occasionally appear and can be damaged), the rock quarry where the pair learn the Beak Barge (rocks with eyes watch and follow the fight and two on each side of the battlefield can be smashed to reveal an item), the small stone bridge viewing the waterfall (a carrot will appear bouncing in the background), the waterfall itself with four ascending platform areas, the tree stumps where the duo learn the Flip Flap and the Feathery Flap, the top of Spiral Mountain where the bridge to Gruntilda's Lair is located, her face on the mountain glares at the battle, and then finally and always in the end to the top of Gruntilda's Lair where Gruntilda is waiting to taunt the fighters in her own inimitable rhyming fashion, hurl magical spells, and swoop onto the battlefield on her dangerous broomstick to damage players, before returning down to Banjo's House where Tooty, Bottles, Mumbo-Jumbo, the Jinjos, Brentilda, Jamjars, and Humba-Wumba cheer the fighters on! Throughout the stage, Jinjos will appear for the fighters to collect. If one fighter manages to snag all five by the time they reach the top of Gruntilda's Lair, they will summon the Mighty Jinjonator who will blitz the battlefield, attacking both Gruntilda and any opponents who did not summon it, causing tremendous knockback and damage and more than likely scoring some serious KOs.
  • Music:
    • Banjo-Kazooie Medley: An original composition for Smash created by Grant Kirkhope, the originator of Banjo-Kazooie's amazing music, starting with the opening tune to Banjo-Kazooie before transitioning into remixes of the Spiral Mountain, Gruntilda's Lair, Mumbo's Mountain, Treasure Trove Cove, Clanker's Cavern, Bubblegloop Swamp, Freezeezy Peak, Gobi's Valley, Mad Monster Mansion, Rusty Bucket Bay, and Click Clock Wood themes from Banjo-Kazooie, then transitioning into their victory tune when collecting all Jiggies in a level before starting all over again.
    • Spiral Mountain (Remix): An orchestral remix of the Spiral Mountain theme from Banjo-Kazooie, featuring some notes from the Banjo-Kazooie theme and Gruntilda's lair.
    • Spiral Mountain (Original): The original Spiral Mountain theme lifted straight from Banjo-Kazooie unchanged.
    • Gruntilda's Lair (Remix): A rock remix of the theme from Gruntilda's Lair with flourishes of various versions of the theme from throughout the game representing various levels from Banjo-Kazooie.
    • Gruntilda's Lair (Original): The original Gruntilda's Lair theme lifted straight from Banjo-Kazooie unchanged.
    • Click Clock Wood (Spring): The original Spring version of Click Clock Wood lifted straight from Banjo-Kazooie unchanged.
    • Final Battle (Banjo-Kazooie) (Remix): A new dance version of the final battle theme from Banjo-Kazooie where they fight Gruntilda atop her lair.
    • Banjo-Tooie Medley: An original composition for Smash created by Grant Kirkhope featuring remixes of the Jinjo Village, Isle of Hags, Mayahem Temple, Glitter Gulch Mine, Witchyworld, Jolly Roger's Lagoon/Atlantis, Terrydactyland, Grunty Industries, Hailfire Peaks, & Cloud Cuckooland themes from Banjo-Tooie.
    • Mr. Patch's Theme: The original theme to the Mr. Patch (Strange Wobbly Inflatable Thing) boss battle in Witchyworld lifted straight from Banjo-Tooie unchanged.
    • Boss Battle Remix Medley (Banjo-Tooie): A new rock composition for Smash featuring a medley of boss themes from Banjo-Tooie, including those of Klungo, Targitzan, Old King Coal, Mr. Patch, Lord Woo Fak Fak, Terry, Weldar, Chilly Billy/Chilly Willy, Mingy Jongo, & the Hag-1.
    • Banjoland Visitors This Way! (Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts n' Bolts): The unaltered orchestrated medley of various themes from Banjo-Kazooie made for the Banjo-Kazooie Museum-themed world Banjoland in Nuts n' Bolts. Comprised of the Click Clock Wood, Freezeezy Peak, Mad Monster Mansion, Gobi's Valley, Cloud Cuckooland, Mayahem Temple, and Rusty Bucket Bay themes, respectively.
    • Banjoland Buffoonery (Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts n' Bolts): The unaltered orchestrated theme to the Banjoland world in Nuts n' Bolts that comprised of a medley of various Banjo-Kazooie themes from their past games sped up for the Challenge Mode.
    • Grapplin' with Grunty (Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts n' Bolts): The unaltered reorchestrated version of Gruntilda's Lair used as part of the final battle at Spiral Mountain in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts n' Bolts.
    • Victory Theme: A reorchestrated version of the Door Open Theme from Banjo-Kazooie plays as Banjo & Kazooie's victory theme in Smash Bros.
    • Pause Screen Theme: Special to Banjo & Kazooie, a reorchestrated version of the pause screen theme from Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, and Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts n' Bolts plays on loop instead of the Smash victory theme when they win a match.
  • Alternate Costumes:
    • Brown & Red: Their classic N64 appearance brought back in glorious HD with accentuated detail on their fur, feathers, and clothing. They look very similar to their 3D renders from marketing of the original games with a bit of stitchwork on Banjo's backpack and shorts resembling their appearance in Nuts n' Bolts. Banjo has his brown fur with a blue backpack and yellow shorts while Kazooie has bright red-orange feathers and a yellow beak!
    • Red & Brown: A reverse color swap of the two, Banjo has red fur while still retaining his blue backpack and yellow shorts while Kazooie is now brown in hue representing Banjo's brown fur.
    • Blue & Yellow: Banjo's fur turns blue like his backpack which becomes red while Kazooie's feathers become bright yellow like Banjo's shorts which are now brown.
    • Yellow & Turquoise: Banjo's fur becomes blonde in color while Kazooie's feathers become a bright turquoise color, Banjo's fur resembling the color of his shorts which become a teal color, his backpack turns yellow, and Kazooie's feathers having a similar hue to the blue eggs she projects.
    • Green & Purple (Gruntilda): Banjo's fur turns lime green, Kazooie actually turns into Dragon Kazooie from Banjo-Tooie, and Banjo's shorts & backpack actually turn purple, in reference to their archenemy Gruntilda and could also be considered references to Tooty after being robbed of her beauty and of Gruntilda's minion Klungo.
    • Pink & Yellow (Mumbo Jumbo): Banjo's fur turns bright pink and Kazooie's feathers turn a more muted yellow, a reference to their ally Mumbo Jumbo. His pants and backpack turn brown and red, respectively, referencing Mumbo Jumbo's brown loincloth and red feathers. It can also be a reference to Banjo's little sister Tooty.
    • White (Boggy): Banjo's fur & Kazooie's feathers turn white like a polar bear's while Banjo's pants and backpack turn plaided red and yellow, a reference to their polar bear friend Boggy and his scarf from Banjo-Kazooie, Tooie, & Nuts n' Bolts.
    • Black (Conga): Banjo's fur becomes a dark grey color and his shorts & backpack turn red while Kazooie turns a bright brown/dull orange, a reference to their gorilla enemy Conga and their monkey friend Chimpy.
  • Assist Trophy:
    • Mumbo Jumbo: Similar to Riki from Xenoblade Chronicles, when the shaman Mumbo Jumbo is summoned, he stands on the field for a bit of time and performs some random magical effects from Banjo-Tooie while chanting EEKUM BOKUM EEKUM BOKUM, among them transforming opponents into washing machines that renders them slow, heavy, and unable to attack temporarily other than bumping into opponents, enlarge the player who summons him like he does in Terrydactyland, heal health like on the Isle of Hags, levitate opponents into helplessness temporarily like in Glitter Gulch Mine, and zap nearby opponents with magic like he does for his standard attack in Banjo-Tooie as well as with the Power and EMP spells from Witchyworld and Grunty Industries!
  • Trophies/Spirits:
    • Banjo & Kazooie
    • Banjo & Kazooie (All-Star)
    • Daddy T-Rex
    • Tooty
    • Bottles the Mole
    • Mumbo Jumbo
    • The Jinjos
    • Jiggies
    • Eggs
    • Feathers
    • Musical Notes
    • Brentilda
    • Cheato
    • Captain Blubber
    • Clanker
    • Boggy the Polar Bear
    • Gobi the Camel
    • Gruntilda the Witch
    • Humba Wumba
    • Jamjars the Mole
    • King Jingaling
    • Master Jiggywiggy
    • Blobbelda & Mingella
    • Mr. Patch
    • Mr. Fit
    • Piddles the Cat
    • Trophy Thomas
    • Pikelet
  • Event Matches/VS Matches:
    • The ULTIMATE Final Battle: Battle the biggest iconic names in video game history, Mario, Solid Snake, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Ryu, Cloud Strife, Bayonetta, Simon Belmont, Joker, Rayman, & Banjo & Kazooie on Final Destination!
    • Red/Blue/Yellow: It's the video game battle for the ages as the colorful cartoony video gaming platforming mascot icons Mario (red), Sonic the Hedgehog (blue), Mega Man (blue), Pac-Man (yellow), and Banjo & Kazooie (red/blue/yellow) duke it out to prove who is the best on Battlefield, Princess Peach's Castle, Green Hill Zone, Dr. Wily's Castle, Pac-Land, Spiral Mountain, or Final Destination!
    • All-Star Ultimate Newcomers: Choose your character as you battle the Ultimate newcomers, the Inklings, Daisy, Ridley, Simon Belmont, Richter Belmont, Chrom, Dark Samus, King K. Rool, Issac, Dixie Kong, Isabelle, Shadow, Ken, Skull Kid, Geno, Paper Mario, Bandanna Waddle Dee, Rayman, & Banjo & Kazooie on Battlefield!
    • Beautiful Witch Battle: Battle Bayonetta atop Gruntilda's Tower and summon the Mighty Jinjonator to take her out on the Spiral Mountain stage (a reference to Gruntilda stealing Tooty's beauty, with Bayonetta being a 'beautiful' witch)!
    • Double Trouble Duos: With a co-op partner and choosing the characters of your choice, battle the double-teaming duos of the Ice Climbers, Rosalina & Luma, Duck Hunt, & Banjo & Kazooie on either the Summit, Mario Galaxy, Duck Hunt, or Spiral Mountain!
    • The Bear & Bird Battle Brawl: As Banjo & Kazooie, defeat all the Duck Hunt Duos running wild on Spiral Mountain before reaching the top of Gruntilda's Lair!
    • Sting & Swarm!: As Banjo & Kazooie, defend yourself against a hive of bees after you tried to steal their honey, fighting the likes of Pikachu, Ness, & Villager who wear their yellow and black alternate costumes/skins and throw beehives at you!
  • Victory Poses:
    • Banjo-Kazooie do their dance from collecting all the Jiggies in a world or opening a note door before bowing and striking a pose from Banjo-Kazooie.
    • Banjo-Kazooie perform their main theme tune on their banjo and kazoo, striking a pose at the end like they do at the end of the intro to Banjo & Kazooie.
    • Banjo performs his collect Jiggy dance with a shiny Jiggy before Kazooie swallows it.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Edit: here it is Link if you wish to view it but I'll screen cap it below: https://boards.fireden.net/v/thread/463256834/

I feel like that post lost some credibility by saying that Nintendo would drop a version 3.0.2 update on May 30th, which didn't happen. There was an update on that day, but it was a balance patch as opposed to bug fixes.

As well, a stopped clock is right twice a day - Erdrick is easily the most expected reveal for this E3, and if we're going to get a Microsoft character in Smash, E3 makes the most sense for when to reveal that. I'm sure there are plenty of other supposed leaks out there that have Steve from Minecraft in place of Banjo-Kazooie for a second E3 reveal, or other leaks that have Erdrick and Banjo as being revealed at E3.

Paperchampion23

Smash Champion
Not really creative in any sense of the word myself, but I personally think Sakurai wont make another Duck Hunt type duo, meaning Kazooie is only used for certain attacks and thats it. I feel like they will be treated more as equals, and will play similar to their switch mechanic.

So basically kind of like Pokemon Trainer, in that Down-B will let Kazooie come out of the backpack and alter nearly all of the duo's moves. Banjo himself will be more of a powerhouse like DK if I had to assume, but perhaps he's slow, really slippery, etc. Kazooie is weaker, but is fast, has higher jumps, better Up-B, etc. You would use them as you would for their platforming advantages in their games.

The thing thats important is that BOTH should be using each other in the other's respective moveset. This is how I personally imagine Banjo and Kazooie working in smash. A 2-fold character with a down B in the vein of Melee Zelda/Shiek or Pokemon Trainer but the characters still use each other in their movesets.

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
I feel like that post lost some credibility by saying that Nintendo would drop a version 3.0.2 update on May 30th, which didn't happen. There was an update on that day, but it was a balance patch as opposed to bug fixes.

As well, a stopped clock is right twice a day - Erdrick is easily the most expected reveal for this E3, and if we're going to get a Microsoft character in Smash, E3 makes the most sense for when to reveal that. I'm sure there are plenty of other supposed leaks out there that have Steve from Minecraft in place of Banjo-Kazooie for a second E3 reveal, or other leaks that have Erdrick and Banjo as being revealed at E3.
Yeah, personally, I'll put just a little more stock in this one in the event both characters are not only announced at E3, but also immediately playable thereafter. That strikes me as very unlikely.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Here is my take that I posted a few pages back.

Neutral combo: Banjo swipes with his left claw, then his right claw and Kazooie pops out of the bag and finishes the combo with a peck. It is a 3 hit combo.

Dash Attack: Banjo executes the roll attack from Banjo Kazooie and Kazooie wraps around him like in Banjo Tooie.

Side Tilt: Kazooie pops out of her bag while Banjo crouches over to reach in for a peck attack.

Down Tilt: Kazooie wings elongate and flaps them together like she is clapping. This attack has a small wind box if the opponent is far enough to just miss the attack.

Up Tilt: Banjo attacks with a headbutt upwards with Kazooie following along with a peck. Banjo headbutts just like Mario's Up smash in Super Smash Bros. N64 that combos into Kazooie's peck attack afterwards

Neutral Aerial: Banjo performs the pack whack in a vertical motion where he flips to attack. Kazooie extends her neck to peck at anyone. Kazooie is the sweet spot and knock back from it depends on which way Kazooie was facing before the hit was done.

Forward Aerial: Banjo bends his head down allowing Kazooie to attack. Kazooie then performs the Rat-a-tat Rap move from Banjo Kazooie that does multiple hits.

Back Aerial: Kazooie slashes both of her wings apart from behind like swords while Banjo looks back to see what Kazooie is doing. This does moderate knock back.

Up Aerial: Banjo and Kazooie perform a pseudo flap flip to kick both of his feet upwards. This has high knock back and is similar to Fox's up aerial.

Down Aerial: Banjo grabs his backpack and swings it downwards while Kazooie pecks her beak. This is a meteor smash.

Forward Smash: Banjo and Kazooie perform the Beak barge ability where Kazooie will lunge forward with Banjo in tow.

Up Smash: Banjo and Kazooie perform the flap flip technique but it is performed like a flipping bicycle kick instead of a jump.

Down Smash: Banjo grabs Kazooie's feet from the backpack and readies his attack. Banjo then performs the Breegul Bash ability where he grabs Kazooie like a club and slams her down onto the floor.

Neutral Special: Egg Firing/Egg aiming - Kazooie fires three normal eggs in a burst shot fashion. Holding down the B button performs Kazooie's egg aim and uses egg grenades instead, allowing Kazooie to aim with a reticle and releasing the button will let Kazooie shoot one egg grenade in the specified direction.

Side Special: Talon Missile - Banjo ducks down and then Kazooie launches herself forward. It is the grounded version of the Talon Torpedo where she will target the closest enemy in sight and give chase. She will return to Banjo once she successfully hits her target or gets hit.

Up Special: Kazooie Flight - Kazooie will take flight inside Banjo's backpack, taking him aflight as well where she will quickly use up all of her feathers in an aesthetic sense and the duo will go into freefall. Similar to Pit's

Down Special: Clockwork Kazooie - Essentially a clone of Bowser Jr's Mecha Koopa. Kazooie coughs out a Clockwork Kazooie egg. It will walk around the stage and explode after 5 seconds. It can be picked up and thrown to explode on contact.

Final Smash: Dino Banjo & Dragon Kazooie - Kazooie flies out from Banjo's bag and is engulfed in a mystery egg that transforms her into Dragon Kazooie where Kazooie dashes across the stage to hit any opponents while Banjo watches. If any opponent is hit by it, they will be brought to the top of the screen where Kazooie circles around and shoots fire and ice eggs at the tumbling opponent(s). Once exausted of the eggs, Dinosaur Banjo will appear and take a large chomp at the helpless opponents. If the opponents are above 100%, it will instantly KO the opponent, otherwise they'll be sent flying. Banjo and Kazooie then return to their normal selves.

Grab and pummel animations: Kazooie exits Banjo's bag as Banjo swings his backpack towards the enemy somewhat similar to the Taxi Pack. The enemy is then trapped in the bag where Kazooie pecks at the enemy.

Forward throw: Banjo kicks the bottom of the backpack which launches the opponent out of the backpack to where Kazooie will return to.

Back throw: Banjo performs a swing similar to the pack whack on the enemy inside until he throws them out of his backpack to where Kazooie will return to.

Up throw: Banjo swings his backpack upwards to where Kazooie pecks the underside of the backpack which will launch the opponent upwards. Kazooie will return to the backpack afterwards.

Down throw: Banjo slams the backpack down and Kazooie performs the bill drill ability where Banjo will clap at Kazooie until the opponent is sent out of the backpack. Kazooie will return to the backpack afterwards.

Entrance animation: A picture frame appears at the start of the match with jiggies placing themselves together to make a Banjo Kazooie painting. Once completed, Banjo and Kazooie will jump out of the painting with it disappearing afterwards.

Crouch/Crawl: Banjo crouches exactly as he does in the games. He cannot crawl.

Idle animation 1: Kazooie pokes out from Banjo's backpack and starts playfully pecking Banjo while he tries to scratch her away. Kazooie laughs and then returns to the backpack.

Idle animation 2: Banjo holds his hand up to his chin while Kazooie shifts from left to right trying to see what's going on from afar. Banjo then puts both hands on his hips and nods while Kazooie returns to the backpack.

Sneaking: Banjo tip-toes like he does in his games.

Walking: Banjo casually walks along as he does in his games.

Running: Banjo and Kazooie side flip around as Kazooie performs the talon trot ability. If Kazooie jumps or stops, Banjo and Kazooie will once again side flip to allow Banjo to stand up or jump.

Item grab idle: Kazooie picks up the item and stays above the backpack at waist level.

Item throw normal: Kazooie throws the item casually as if she is throwing it away.

Item throw smash: Kazooie throws the item with much more force.

Batter Item neutral: Kazooie leans on top of Banjo to hit anyone in front of him.

Batter Item forward tilt: Kazooie swings the battering item forward with Banjo adjusting himself for Kazooie to get the most reach

Batter Item Smash attack: Kazooie swings the battering item with Banjo spinning around to let them item hit the opponent.

Home-run bat Smash: Kazooie cheekily winds up a swing to hit the unaware Banjo. At the apex of her swing, Banjo looks down to see something and Kazooie misses the swing which will hit any opponent in front of them.

Shooting item: Kazooie takes aim with the weapon while Banjo crouches down as if performing the egg firing ability.

Heavy item carry: Banjo lifts up the item with a little struggle and holds it similarly to Mario, except that Kazooie tries to lift it with Banjo.

Hold Assist Trophy/Special Flag/Bomber: Kazooie holds up the item to the sky with an open mouth smile expression as with Banjo who looks up with both fists on his hips. When the special flag has been collected, Banjo jumps slightly upwards as he gives a hi-five to Kazooie.

Sleep: Banjo hops into his Backpack and kicks a sleeping Kazooie out to the top of the backpack. Banjo's head is visible from the top and sleeps in the same position as he does when he sleeps in the intro cutscene of the game. This references the snooze pack ability.

Wake up: Kazooie realises where she is and pecks Banjo to wake up where he swaps places with Kazooie to return to the idle animation.

Up Taunt: Banjo pulls out a Gameboy and plays on it for few seconds as Kazooie watches. Then puts it away to get back up.

Side Taunt: Kazooie sprouts her legs out from the backpack to perform the talon trot, holding Banjo upwards. Kazooie then runs around in a circle making Banjo feel uneasy enough to cover his eyes ending with Kazooie jumping slightly upwards. Banjo then gets on to his feet and Kazooie returns to the backpack.

Down Taunt: Banjo grabs Kazooie out of his backpack, stretches her out in the form of the Breegull blaster ability and faces the camera while looking mean. Banjo then puts Kazooie back in his backpack.

Victory animation 1: Banjo jumps up and waves a jiggy puzzle piece left to right and hands it over to Kazooie who eats it. Similar to how it's done in Banjo Kazooie when Banjo collects a Jiggy piece.

Victory animation 2: Banjo plays on his Banjo while Kazooie plays on her Kazoo and finishes off with Banjo and Kazooie looking at the screen with Banjo's head slightly looking to the right and Kazooie looking to the left. Just like at the end of the opening scene of Banjo Kazooie.

Victory animation 3: Banjo quickly performs a dance and bows in three directions afterwards. Similar to when he collects all the jiggies from a world in Banjo-Kazooie. In team battles, this victory animation will always play when Banjo Kazooie are not the top players.

Losing animation: Banjo stands upright and claps respectfully with a smile while Kazooie is behind Banjo in his backpack glaring into the distance, supposedly at the winner.

Kirby hat: Kirby dons on the top of Banjo's scalp complete with the hair and bear ears. Kirby also wears the backpack for when Kirby performs the Egg fire attack, another Kazooie appears from his backpack.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I've been predicting for a while that we'll be getting a double reveal at E3. Seems like the cards have fallen in Erdrick and Banjo's favor no matter what any fake 4Chan leaks say.

Though what bothered me was it had to take Verge jumping on the bandwagon for more people to be convinced, instead of a credible insider like Shinobi while everyone is expecting Erdrick because Tansut says so. Seems like a bit of a double standard and biases getting in the way.

kirbsmash

Smash Champion
I've been predicting for a while that we'll be getting a double reveal at E3. Seems like the cards have fallen in Erdrick and Banjo's favor no matter what any fake 4Chan leaks say.

Though what bothered me was it had to take Verge jumping on the bandwagon for more people to be convinced, instead of a credible insider like Shinobi while everyone is expecting Erdrick because Tansut says so. Seems like a bit of a double standard and biases getting in the way.
I like the bear as well as Steve so I don't really care who'll be. I like both, and if I'm gettin' one of them I'm happy. Plus, I may end up mainning Banjo just as well as with Joker.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
ok so now verge is on the banjo train ? 99% ? nice to see he gave himself 1% wiggle room lol come on verge this is not a good look.

Man if banjo gets in I am going to have a framed picture of Phil Spenser next to the family pictures, with the Iconic banjo for smash tweet that got everybody on board with voting for banjo

Also I was in gamestop the other week & they had a banjo stubbins plush (I already bought one) & some chick walked up to it (guess she heard my comment about it to my aunt & cuz) & she immediately bought it bought it, puts a smile on my face to see support for banjo (now if only they would make more of those totaku figures ! my gamestops only ever got 2 in EVER ! out of all the gamestops)

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
This is the one I had since the 2015 Fighter ballot.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate Newcomer

Character: Banjo & Kazooie

Franchise: Banjo-Kazooie

Games: Diddy Kong Racing (1997)
Banjo-Kazooie (1998) Banjo-Tooie (2000)

Series Logo/Icon: Jiggy/Jigsaw

Movement:

(Left/Right) just like in their games Banjo can slowly creep, walk or run/dash with the same animations depending on the input of the control stick.

Jump:

Y/X: Same animations from like the game Banjo jumps.

YY/XX: Banjo double jumps and Kazooie pops out and flaps wings, Hold same button on the 2nd jump and Kazooie will help you slowly descend to the ground.

Basic Attacks

A: Claw Swipe
AA: Claw Swipe
AAA/Hold A: Infinite Kazooie Pecks

Side A: (Beak Bayonet) Banjo uses Kazooie as a bayonet and pokes opponent, great range and keeps opponents at bay.

Down A: While crouched, Kazooie quickly pecks at opponent at a downward angle.

Up A: Kazooie does an upward double wing whack that sends opponent upwards.

Dash Attack: Roll Attack similar to DK.

Smash Attacks:

Side Smash: (Breegull Bash) Banjo slams Kazooie on the ground with considerable force, great range and high knockback.

Down Smash: (Pack Whack) Banjo Swings Backpack 360 degrees hitting opponents left and right.

Up Smash: (3 ideas) Kazooie does a 1-2 Wing Whack followed by an upward beak peck, Quick Triple beak peck or Upward Beak Drill sending opponents upward.

Special Attacks:

B: (Egg Fire) Kazooie fires eggs.

(Blue) Rapidly fires 3 at a time, Low knockback.

(Fire) Rapidly fires burning red eggs.

(Ice) Rapidly fires freezing ice eggs, freezes opponents at high percentage damage.

(Grenade) Fires explosive eggs one at a time, but has high knockback.

Hold B: (Change Egg's) Blue/Fire/Ice/Grenade.

Side B: (Beak Barge/Bomb) Banjo and Kazooie charge themselves up and lunge with a powerful beak strike.

Down B: (Clockwork Kazooie Egg) Kazooie lays an egg that hatches into a Mini Mecha Kazooie, can be controlled and detonates after a 5-7 seconds or when the player presses B or walk around aimlessly like Bowser Jr's.

Up B: The duo can launch themselves upwards to fly like their launch pad animation damage the opponent in the process.

Aerial Attacks:

A: (Pack Whack /Wing Whack) Banjo swings his backpack airborne in a 360 degree spin or Kazooie Slashes opponent with her wings in a 360 degree spin.

Forward A: (Rat-a-tat-Rap) Kazooie does a forward triple peck, quick and great for short hopping.

Back A: (Rat-a-tat-Rap) Backwards triple peck or Banjo can swing his backpack backwards.

Up A: Banjo swings Kazooie or backpack in an arch or Kazooie pecks multiple times.

Down A: (Beak Buster) The duo flips upside down and Kazooie pounds the ground with her beak spiking the opponent.

Hold Down A: (Bill Drill) The duo takes a second to wind up and Kazooie Drills downward on opponent, stronger than the Beak Buster.

Grab and Throws:

Pummel: Banjo grabs a hold of opponent while Kazooie pecks them.

Forward: Banjo throws opponent over his head in an arch with both paws like in his games when he gives items to NPC's.

Back: Banjo stuffs opponent in Backpack spins him around and is thrown in the process.

Down: Banjo slams opponent to the ground and uses Kazooie like a Jackhammer in the process.

Up: Banjo throws opponent up and Kazooie pecks them upward.

Shield: Kazooie covers Banjo with her wings, like her (Wonder Wing) animation.

Final Smash: Daddy T-Rex /Jinjonator

Taunts:

Kazooie pecks Banjo's head like their Idle animation,

Banjo strums his instrument to the last tune in their theme song.

Banjo chokes Kazooie and laughs afterwards.

Victory Screen Pose:

Duo performs their Jiggy Dance like when they collect a Jiggy and Kazooie swallows it.

Banjo Dances and the duo takes a bow twice like when they collect all the Jiggy's in one world.

The Duo play their instruments to the last tune of their theme song like in thier video game intro.

Victory Theme: The tune that plays when they collect 1 or all the Jiggy's in a world.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Leaks that predicted Banjo and Erdrick aren't really that credible they've been 2 or the hottest characters for this entire DLC period.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I’m still thinking Erdrick could very easily be leakbait and that it’s a different character coming with Banjo at E3.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Leaks that predicted Banjo and Erdrick aren't really that credible they've been 2 or the hottest characters for this entire DLC period.
I agree. They are 2 safe bets. Erdrick because of how massive dragon quest is, and banjo due to the growing relationship between nintendo and Microsoft, and their high popularity and Sakurai considered them for melee.

So honestly, the last 2 can be anyone at all. Personally, i hope its Shantae and then Reimu/tales of rep(hoping for Velvet but most likely its Lloyd), or Donbe and Hikari(from nintendos Onigashima game)

I’m still thinking Erdrick could very easily be leakbait and that it’s a different character coming with Banjo at E3.
Very possible. Honestly i want slime over erdrick if we have to get a dragon quest character. He is the face of the series, and would be a super unique fighter. Or we could be suprised and get Geno

Last edited:

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Doom Slayer would be THE DREAM double reveal with Banjo at E3, but Erdrick is about what I expect. It's been set up for 4 months.

Last edited:

SmashingXan2

Smash Journeyman
Everyone predicting 2 reveals are cowards. Go all in, 3 reveals: Banjo, Erdrick, and Doomguy. One for the West (Doom), one for the East (Erdrick), one for both (Banjo). One at a separate conference like Xbox's or Bethesda, 2 at Nintendo's conference. It it likely? Probably not. Am I really expecting it? No. Is it possible? Yes, and it would be hype.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Is Playtonic planning something? They made a post on Twitter saying "Bee back tomorrow" or something along those lines. Honestly, all I can of is a Buck Bumble revival. :)

TemporalShrew

Smash Journeyman
Doom Slayer would be THE DREAM double reveal with Banjo at E3, but Erdrick is about what I expect. It's been set up for 4 months.
Actually more than six months at this point, if your marker is when Tansut leaked a DQ rep and claimed it would be Erdrick. In fact, it's been set up for even longer, if you count when Verg started shouting from the rooftops that a Square Enix rep was inevitable.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Is Playtonic planning something? They made a post on Twitter saying "Bee back tomorrow" or something along those lines. Honestly, all I can of is a Buck Bumble revival. :)
Bees make honey.

And you know what animal likes honey?

Banjoisawesome2020

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1171-3129-5434
I think it's more likely Phil Spencer shows up in the Nintendo Direct, rather than Doug Bowser being at the Microsoft conference (weird to have his first appearance be at another company's conference). Phil could talk about ports coming over to Switch and then get the time honored, "One more thing", leading to the Smash intro.
I like that idea.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I have a crazy theory. What if Erdrick is actually a culmination of all of the Dragon Quest protagonists from the first eight games and they function like alternate costumes akin to Bowser Jr. and the koopalings?

I may not know much about Dragon Quest but people have being saying Brave and Erdrick is a title given to the protagonists and as far as I know, their abilities and what they do aren't all that different from each other. I might be spouting out nonsense so if I am you can ignore me.

Top Bottom