• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else worried that if they decide to do remakes they’ll only do the first Banjo game. Not that I’d be ungrateful, it’s just that I really think Tooie can benefit from a remake the most. I love Tooie, but I still think it’s got some issues that kinda dampen the experience.

RealPokeFan11

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0818-9732-6979
Oh, that's great to hear! I spent an ungodly amount of hours on Smash 4 Lucas.
I've had some trouble adjusting to his Ultimate incarnation, but now I think he's as great as ever. He just fits my playstyle like a glove.

I don't know... I think I'd prefer B-K to be on the simpler side. I'm not even sure if I want them to shoot any eggs besides the blue ones.
But I could see a management mechanic for the golden feathers. If they're as OP as they are in the original games, that'd be pretty necessary.
I could see some egg rotation/lineup mechanic for Banjo if he can shoot eggs. Either they are in a set rotation, or they are random, with your next type of egg appearing next to your percentage bar. Ice, Fire, Golden, Mystery, Grenade, etc.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I could see some egg rotation/lineup mechanic for Banjo if he can shoot eggs. Either they are in a set rotation, or they are random, with your next type of egg appearing next to your percentage bar. Ice, Fire, Golden, Mystery, Grenade, etc.
Banjo-Kazooie as a clone of Olimar and Pikmin, special move wise, confirmed.

Kazooie is the up-B winged Pink Pikmin, down-B changes order of eggs, B button makes a new egg and B left/right throws the eggs. :troll:

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Anyone else worried that if they decide to do remakes they’ll only do the first Banjo game. Not that I’d be ungrateful, it’s just that I really think Tooie can benefit from a remake the most. I love Tooie, but I still think it’s got some issues that kinda dampen the experience.
To fix Tooie, all they need to do is fix the framerate. If they could turn Cauldron Keep into a complete level with jiggies and notes, as originally planned, that'd be phenomenal. (That they had to reduce CK to a short gauntlet is the reason there's only 90 jiggies in BT.)

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
*cough* Alright, just gonna leave this here…
Screen Shot 2019-06-04 at 10.55.54 PM.png

Polarpanda got this new teaser picture (remember the blue crab teaser picture for link's awakening? yeah, this was from the same source of hers).

Make out of it what you will… ;) I think it's pretty clear what it implies with a witch + "puzzle"… (or this is something else entirely and I'm being fooled completely… but I doubt it, it's a very direct hint this time, imo)

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Oh my God, what if we also get playable Grunty. Not as part of the Fighter Pass but just as an extra. Imagine. I mean it's not happening but image it anyway.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
View attachment 225934
Polarpanda got this new teaser picture (remember the blue crab teaser picture for link's awakening? yeah, this was from the same source of hers).

Make out of it what you will… ;) I think it's pretty clear what it implies with a witch + "puzzle"… (or this is something else entirely and I'm being fooled completely… but I doubt it, it's a very direct hint this time, imo)
Nazyrus Nazyrus I am so glad you are still around! Those Skull Kid days....sigh. But I am glad you are in close work with Sabi.

Also...there you go! We are finally getting Grunty for Smash!

EDIT: So Sabi/Polar was sent that Crab one? I thought they knew and just found that picture to be super abstract in their mentioning...That is quite hilarious!

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Here's the way I see it. There are four possibilities, from least to most likely:
1) It was a hopeful speculative comment, that was misconstrued, and he's yet to correct it. I think he's smart enough to know how his comment would be construed, and there's been enough time to correct it if it was a mistake.
2) He was trolling. Seeing Banjo fans getting hyped over merchandise and coming up with fan theories, decided to screw with them to teach them a lesson on baseless speculation. Doesn't seem to be the type of guy to do that, based on what people have said, always a possibility, though.
3) He has legitimate reasons to believe Banjo & Kazooie are in Smash, but ends up wrong anyways. Insiders are not infallible, and he could have made a mistake.
4) Banjo's in, he knows and is teasing it.

Just because I think #4 is the most likely, does not make all the other possibilities disappear. If #1 is true, I expect, eventually, him to correct everyone. If it's #2, he's probably laughing at everyone getting hyped over nothing. If it's #3 and #4, we'll probably find out soon, and if #4, it'll be definitive. We'll have to wait and see. Still cautiously optimistic, but more optimistic than I have been.

BZocky

Smash Ace
View attachment 225934

Looks like we may be getting a Grunty boss after all...

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
anyone else mainless in Ultimate? I legit got no main. I do play Bowser more though but that all changes if Banjo is announced. Even if he's god awful, I'm sticking with him for life.
King K. Rool probably took over as my main followed by DK, Also Diddy Kong and Greninja.

My "Core 4"

1. King K. Rool (Highest GSP) 4,825,000
2. Donkey Kong
3. Greninja
4. Diddy Kong

Have been using Pokemon Trainer and Incineroar more lately and hopefully get better with them too.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
King K. Rool probably took over as my main followed by DK, Also Diddy Kong and Greninja.

My "Core 4"

1. King K. Rool (Highest GSP) 4,825,000
2. Donkey Kong
3. Greninja
4. Diddy Kong

Have been using Pokemon Trainer and Incineroar more lately and hopefully get better with them too.
Darn, you really are good with K. Rool! I wish I had that high GSP with him, though I am close to 4 million with him.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
View attachment 225934

Place your bets on what image gets sent to Sabi next

A skull? A beach? A puzzle piece?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Darn, you really are good with K. Rool! I wish I had that high GSP with him, though I am close to 4 million with him.
Just a heads up and a warning, Once you pass 4 million you really start to see the difficulty spike and there's more ruthless and skilled players at that level based on my experience.

Last edited:

Khandoit

Smash Cadet
View attachment 225934

This teasing is giving me a heart attack.

Man if we don't get them now its going to hurt.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
are you me? lol literally same thing happened
Maybe?? Coincidence? I think not!

Oh my God, what if we also get playable Grunty. Not as part of the Fighter Pass but just as an extra. Imagine. I mean it's not happening but image it anyway.
The hype thrusters would be at "WE BRAKE FOR NO ONE" level. Smashboards would turn into Crashboards against for like two days

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I've always said Grunty would be a highly requested character if Banjo was a character in Smash since Melee and never went to Microsoft

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I just cannot believe how Banjo and Kazooie's chances of getting into Smash have improved over the years. We've gone from something that seemed flat-out impossible in the days of Brawl to something that's damn near a certainty today. It's the kind of thing that makes a guy want to follow his dreams.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
yeet123 yeet123 If you don't mind, I'd like to repost your finding with an embed

Last year, just before the Direct that would reveal Ultimate to the world with the Inkling trailer, Shinobi used the exact same phrase he teased Banjo with
Okay, now that's pretty damning evidence. Like, can't really get better than that.

Albeit, I'll wait and see, cause I always remain skeptical of any leak, but this looks pretty strong here.

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
View attachment 225934

Hell yeah Puyo Puyo

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I hope that when kirby absorbs banjo he gets a backback with a stuffed limp kazooie plush hanging out of it & when kirby fires eggs he opens his mouth & a tiny kazooie pokes out her head from his mouth & fires the egg, it would be funny

ze9

Smash Ace
Ultimate in general feels like a miracle. The Everyone is here, Ridley & K. Rool, the fact that it is the biggest crossover in gaming, Piranha Plant... Banjo is just the cherry on top.
A watermelon-sized cherry.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Something tells me I missed a lot of activity in this thread.

The guests doubling the users seems to indicate this.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
God damn it I can’t take this ****ing leak seriously because of Shinobi’s avatar. It’s almost like he should be a troll yet has a spot on record.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Something tells me I missed a lot of activity in this thread.

The guests doubling the users seems to indicate this.
Short version: A highly credible insider from RE has hinted at Banjo in Smash and Sabi has been recieving out of context images that seem to also hint at Banjo. Evidence is piling up that this insider is not just lying or trolling either

AugustusB

Smash Champion
yeet123 yeet123 If you don't mind, I'd like to repost your finding with an embed

Last year, just before the Direct that would reveal Ultimate to the world with the Inkling trailer, Shinobi used the exact same phrase he teased Banjo with
Finally a connection! Also thanks to yeet123 yeet123 for posting originally.

So now we have an instance when they said this before and we got Smash info...There are no brakes for this HYPE TRAIN!

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I had another idea for Banjo's reveal trailer. A recreation of the Banjo-Kazooie intro movie, but with Mumbo, Tooty, and the other Banjo characters replaced with Smash regulars.

• Instead of the Buzzbomb crashing into the Rare logo, Diddy with his jetpack crash into the Switch logo.
  • Instead of Bigbutt chasing a smaller bull, it's Bowser chasing Peach.
  • When Bigbutt is chased off by an even bigger bull, that's either Ridley or Ganon.
  • Tooty could be someone like Zelda, Lucina, or the female Pokemon Trainer.
  • Mumbo could be Robin, or even Mario.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Short version: A highly credible insider from RE has hinted at Banjo in Smash and Sabi has been recieving out of context images that seem to also hint at Banjo. Evidence is piling up that this insider is not just lying or trolling either
I’m goin in the “fake until proven real” camp.

Not that I don’t trust this person, but I myself got Grinch’d, so now I take everything with caution.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I just cannot believe how Banjo and Kazooie's chances of getting into Smash have improved over the years. We've gone from something that seemed flat-out impossible in the days of Brawl to something that's damn near a certainty today. It's the kind of thing that makes a guy want to follow his dreams.
Feels like a fall from grace followed by a redemption story.

Given Banjo was likely for Melee but couldn't make it in for legal reasons. Then the Microsoft buyout happened and there was no chance for them in Brawl (Nintendo & Microsoft were no where near as close as they are now). Smash 4 came along and things were hopeless until the Ballot (Phil Spencer's tweet) and suddenly what seemed impossible became possible. Ultimate comes along and Spencer doubles down on his previous claim and rumors of a Microsoft character spiral (heh no pun intended). Fast-forward to the present after much debating over Banjo's chances and it seems like this is really his time.

This has been one helluva story for Banjo. And it all comes full circle in about a week. As someone who's been a lifelong fan of this franchise, I couldn't be happier.

Based Spencer for making this pipe dream a reality.

ze9

Smash Ace
I had another idea for Banjo's reveal trailer. A recreation of the Banjo-Kazooie intro movie, but with Mumbo, Tooty, and the other Banjo characters replaced with Smash regulars.

• Instead of the Buzzbomb crashing into the Rare logo, Diddy with his jetpack crash into the Switch logo.
  • Instead of Bigbutt chasing a smaller bull, it's Bowser chasing Peach.
  • When Bigbutt is chased off by an even bigger bull, that's either Ridley or Ganon.
  • Tooty could be someone like Zelda, Lucina, or the female Pokemon Trainer.
  • Mumbo could be Robin, or even Mario.
This would be perfect.
I also want one shot of Banjo and Diddy, on two different Gogoats, in Mario Kart's stage during the gameplay section.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
There's another important topic we haven't covered: what will the bear and bird's title be in Boxing Ring?

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, based on everything I've read about in this discussion about this user and their previous record, combined with the most recent bit about their phrasing before the Smash Ultimate Teaser, I can come up with two options:

A. This is one of the biggest troll maneuvers done on Smash fans (in which case, "Hell Hath No Fury" and all that jazz), or

B. ....This is freaking goddamn LEGIT!

The only thing that sucks right now is that we have to wait a little less than a week in order to find out if any of this is true or not.

Top Bottom