• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I'll be at CEO 2019 this year. If Banjo gets in I promise to rep them. I'm not nearly at the skill level to make it to Grand Finals, but my goal is to get at least ONE match on stream

That sounds awesome! Congrats!

Namasura

Smash Journeyman
I just noticed that the 4chan leak that states Erdrick, Banjo Kazooie, Leon and Lloyd Irving are in the fighters pass matches up with Mii costume theory. Erdrick would bring back the Chocobo and Geno outfits, Capcom would bring the Megaman X, Zero and Rathalos costumes and Namco would bring back the Heihachi and Gil's armour mii costumes back. Banjo Kazooie could bring in Steve and Master Chief mii costumes.
It was made after the Mii costume theory was raging and was likely tailored to fit it. Unless I am confusing the date with other 4chan leak.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Who would be an echo of K Rool though?
Nobody. And when I mean nobody, I mean not even K. Rool's personas as their own character can't even be a Echo of him because each of his personas have so much to draw from for a moveset that they can be their own unique character. For example:

Lord Frederick? He is essentially an echo in Tropical Freeze and uses a bunch of K. Rool's moves and has a near identical body shape. Just give him Dedede's Up B, drop the armour gimmick (maybe give him a side B where he sprints that functions like Inklings side B) and change the blunderbuss to his horn.
He wouldn't make sense as a K. Rool Echo at all due to not sharing any of the same moves with K. Rool except him running at you, which isn't in K. Rool's moveset in Smash.

Wart the Final Boss from Super Mario Bros 2.
You have got to be joking because all Wart can do is throw up bubbles in your face. He isn't suitable by any means to be a K. Rool Echo.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Nobody. And when I mean nobody, I mean not even K. Rool's personas as their own character can't even be a Echo of him because each of his personas have so much to draw from for a moveset that they can be their own unique character. For example:

He wouldn't make sense as a K. Rool Echo at all due to not sharing any of the same moves with K. Rool except him running at you, which isn't in K. Rool's moveset in Smash.

You have got to be joking because all Wart can do is throw up bubbles in your face. He isn't suitable by any means to be a K. Rool Echo.
I haven't played SMB 2 in years so I honestly didn't remember what the boss fights was like, Just throwing names around and thought that he looked kind of similar to King K. Rool.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Agree and a fair point all things considered, Chrom made perfect sense.

In much more interesting and relevant news, the First Four Figures Banjo Kazooie figure is due for release soon. Q3 2019.

https://www.first4figures.com/banjo-kazooie-exclusive.html

A friend of mine who is a big Banjo Kazooie fan and merch collector has shelled out the $$$ to grab this. I'll be sure to grab some personal pics once he receives the figure.

$400+, it makes your eyes water, collectors can be something else!
Not so bad with the payment plan options. Just another small bill each month until it's paid off.

I may or may not have ordered the exclusive version XD

Talazar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Talazar_Dashie
3DS FC
1461-6194-5821
I'll be at CEO 2019 this year. If Banjo gets in I promise to rep them. I'm not nearly at the skill level to make it to Grand Finals, but my goal is to get at least ONE match on stream

I wish you luck whether the duo make it in or not, remember to stay hydrated. I actually made a promise to my friends that i'd be more serious in competitive smash if banjo & kazooie made it in and im already somewhat serious .

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just had a funny and possibly negative thought. You know Bowser, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and K, Rool, right? Well, Bowser has generic beast sounds, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong sound more like a real gorilla and monkey respectively, and K. Rool sounds more like a real croc of some sort. What would your reaction be if they gave Banjo and Kazooie generic bear and bird sounds for their voices?

Animedeaf

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3684-6708-6684
I just had a funny and possibly negative thought. You know Bowser, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and K, Rool, right? Well, Bowser has generic beast sounds, Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong sound more like a real gorilla and monkey respectively, and K. Rool sounds more like a real croc of some sort. What would your reaction be if they gave Banjo and Kazooie generic bear and bird sounds for their voices?
I would like this! :D

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
I see where you're coming from, but please no, Banjo's voice is too iconic to just throw away

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I see where you're coming from, but please no, Banjo's voice is too iconic to just throw away
With that said, I can see a lot of people flipping out in anger if they threw away Banjo's voice for generic bear sounds, and bird sounds for Kazooie.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
With that said, I can see a lot of people flipping out in anger if they threw away Banjo's voice for generic bear sounds, and bird sounds for Kazooie.
That would be a bad idea, The DK Characters never got any of their true voices used in smash bros(Diddy's monkey sounds were used in cartoons!)and i don't want the same treatment to happen for Banjo & Kazooie.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Theres no shot theyd use bear noises when BK's voices themselves are iconic. Guh-huh and brrreeeeee are attached to the characters

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Theres no shot theyd use bear noises when BK's voices themselves are iconic. Guh-huh and brrreeeeee are attached to the characters
Personally, I would not mind if they gave Banjo-Kazooie generic bear and bird sounds. Of course, though, I would be anything but pleased. I would think that's be a cheap move on their part.

D

Deleted member

Banjo's voice is literally perfect for Smash. I mean every single voiceclip Banjo has in his games can be re-used fittingly, from jumps to Star KO's to everything else.

It honestly would be a take of extra effort to make realistic bear-like sounds from scratch and give them to Banjo, and a very pointless one at that.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Just like many others mentioned before their voices are too iconic and part of their identity, It works much better for more ferocious/beast characters like Donkey Kong/Bowser/King K. Rool.

But not as well for more jolly happy characters like Yoshi for example who would sound weird with Dinosaur/Raptor sounds, Banjo-Kazooie is in the same boatvas Yoshi. Diddy Kong's regular voice isn't too far off from chimp/monkey noises so he's kind of the exception and still fits within his character.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
All I care about is Banjo & Kazooie being a fighter--even if that means sacrificing something iconic like their voices. I would prefer the most authentic representation--and the reason I think B&K are perfect for Smash is you can add them as is, with having to use few artistic liberties to incorporate them into a Smash style--but I trust however they're represented to be great nonetheless.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just like many others mentioned before their voices are too iconic and part of their identity, It works well for more ferocious/beast characters like Donkey Kong/Bowser/King K. Rool.

But not as well for more jolly happy characters like Yoshi for example who would sound weird with Dinosaur/Raptor sounds, Diddy Kong's regular voice isn't too far off from chimp/monkey noises so he's kind of the exception and still fits within his character.
Well, come to think of it, maybe there is a reason why generic bear sounds wouldn't work with Banjo. I mean, the others are more beast like, as you said, Donkey, Diddy, Bowser and K. Rool, but Banjo is more of a humanoid bear. If he were more like a real bear, it would make more sense, perhaps. So I see what you mean.

However, if they did give Banjo-Kazooie generic animal sounds for voices, I would love to watch the negative reactions that would follow. Sorry, I am evil like that.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Just like many others mentioned before their voices are too iconic and part of their identity, It works much better for more ferocious/beast characters like Donkey Kong/Bowser/King K. Rool.

But not as well for more jolly happy characters like Yoshi for example who would sound weird with Dinosaur/Raptor sounds, Banjo-Kazooie is in the same boatvas Yoshi. Diddy Kong's regular voice isn't too far off from chimp/monkey noises so he's kind of the exception and still fits within his character.
Y'know, I'm convinced the only reason the DK characters and Bowser don't have their voices is because they didn't want to pay the voice actors so they went with animal/monster noises to save money.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I can't see them using realistic bear sounds for banjo. Why spend more time and effort to fix what isn't broken? Especially when you know fans won't like it.

I think the reasoning behind dk, k rool, and bowser, is to make them sound more "intimidating". By Nintendo standards at least. I can't see them doing the same thing with someone as joyful as banjo. Especially when you consider his personality.

Also this has nothing to do with banjo, but Godzilla was amazing.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
No flipping way Sakurai is gonna make Banjo & Kazooie use realistic animal sounds and make them their Nuts n' Bolts incarnations. He always tries and makes third party characters at least their most iconic representations. Snake is Metal Gear Solid 2 Snake. Sonic the Hedgehog has been his modern incarnation, sure, but it's as iconic as his classic form. Mega Man is strictly NES Mega Man HD-ified, even all of his moves are from the old Robot Masters from those games. He strictly refused to put Pac-Man in unless he was the iconic version and not the Ghostly Adventures version. Ryu has been proclaimed to have been visually realized better in Smash than in the latest Street Fighter. Cloud and Bayonetta both can switch between their two iconic forms. Simon Belmont is also his NES incarnation instead of the modern red-haired anime-style version. If Banjo & Kazooie are hopefully getting in, they're gonna be their classic N64 incarnations HD-ified and in tact with their iconic voice clips. Like someone said before, every voice clip they have can easily be translated to Smash like everything else they bring to the table. I have faith Sakurai knows what he's doing when it comes to the third party representation.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Did DK, Bowser, etc. have proper voices before their Smash inclusions, though? Animations aside like Super Mario Bros. Super Show, etc.

It made sense at the time.

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai is very meticulous when it comes to these newcomers and especially 3rd parties, so there is no way he'd not use their original voices. Especially since, like others said, it's apart of their characters. And if Joker is truly emblematic of the rest of the DLC, then they'll be handled with extreme care imo. Btw my birthday is June 12th so I use the power of my birthday wish to summon Banjo-Kazooie into Smash Ultimate lol.

Also did anyone else find it strange that the VR Plant leaker who's been right about everything he's said so far said "Erdrick AND Banjo?" Like he's hinting at a double reveal at E3? I remember someone posting a message that Sakurai sent out to Japanese players that said something like: "Were hard at work on Joker and DLC Fighter #2 and #3!" So it lines up with that, that 2 and 3 were always meant to be shown together or at least close. I know the VR Plant leaker guy said he was just speculating, but a double reveal would be pretty freaking sweet and it would satisfy both sides of the world. I still can't fully grasp that we might truly finally get Banjo.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Bowser didn't until Sunshine. DK and Diddy had DK64 though
It might help that DK was voiced with animal sounds outside of DK 64 otherwise. Including Mario Kart. Maybe it's just a crossover thing they decided?

Like, I could see a moment or two with an animal grunt with Banjo & Kazooie at most, but I expect their game voices as is. They're far more known for it and used it way more often as is.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Banjo's voice clips, especially the ones from DKR and BK, are incredibly iconic. There's no chance in hell the Smash team would replace them with generic growls, especially now that so much more care goes into depicting the characters as faithfully as possible.

I have to say, though, I still don't like Bowser and Donkey Kong's Smash voices. So much of a character's personality comes from their voice! They could just rip a bunch of clips from Bowser's Inside Story and DK Jungle Beat and massively improve the "fun factor" of playing as those two characters.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Well, come to think of it, maybe there is a reason why generic bear sounds wouldn't work with Banjo. I mean, the others are more beast like, as you said, Donkey, Diddy, Bowser and K. Rool, but Banjo is more of a humanoid bear. If he were more like a real bear, it would make more sense, perhaps. So I see what you mean.

However, if they did give Banjo-Kazooie generic animal sounds for voices, I would love to watch the negative reactions that would follow. Sorry, I am evil like that.
It's all good, I would be lying if part of me wouldn't get a laugh of fighting with Banjo-Kazooie with animalistic sound, But your right in that Banjo-Kazooie is more dialogue heavy even if they are just gibberish yet charmimg sounds and they feel and behave more like cartoon animals you would see on a cartoon show that act more like a anthropomorphic bear and bird compared to Donkey and Diddy Kong who while they live in a house and watch TV are more on the primal and animalistic side that isn't as dialogue heavy as Banjo-Kazooie which is why their Smash voices still feel natural.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It's all good, I would be lying if part of me wouldn't get a laugh of fighting with Banjo-Kazooie with animalistic sound, But your right in that Banjo-Kazooie is more dialogue heavy even if they are just gibberish yet charmimg sounds and they feel and behave more like cartoon animals you would see on a cartoon show that are more anthropomorphic and act like it compared to Donkey and Diddy Kong who while they live in a house and watch TV are more on the primal and animalistic side that isn't as dialogue heavy as Banjo-Kazooie which is why their Smash voices still feel natural.
Imagine if Sakurai disregarded this reason, among others stated by other users, and decided to give Banjo-Kazooie animalistic sounds anyway.

Imagine him saying "I forgot about their iconic voices" as an excuse to do that.

That said, I don't think Sakurai's going to be so dumb to do that and give the duo such voices, but beware, there is always a possibility.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
There's no way Xbox/Rare people aren't going to keep a keen eye on Banjo-Kazooie and make sure Sakurai portrays them accurately.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
this hurts

Not really. Dont believe the lies the trolls tell you. Grant does not work for Rare, he would have no knowledge about Banjo getting in. Plus this is a thing.
Screenshot_20190326-180642_Chrome.jpg

ze9

Smash Ace
Well, pack it up, boys. It's over.
It was our fault for getting our hopes up in the first place.
Nintendo doesn't care in the slightest about their fans, and Smash in particular from Wii U/3DS onward has been treated more and more like an advertising brochure. Why would they care about bringing back Banjo just for our pleasure?

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, pack it up, boys. It's over.
It was our fault for getting our hopes up in the first place.
Nintendo doesn't care in the slightest about their fans, and Smash in particular from Wii U/3DS onward has been treated more and more like an advertising brochure. Why would they care about bringing back Banjo just for our pleasure?
...You do realize this doesn't mean anything right? Grant doesn't work with Rare anymore, so him saying that doesn't really mean anything significant.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
There's no way Xbox/Rare people aren't going to keep a keen eye on Banjo-Kazooie and make sure Sakurai portrays them accurately.
Microsoft/Rare doesn't give a **** about Banjo. I would point towards Nuts and Bolts as to what they think portraying them accurately looks like (I'm being hyperbolic, I'm sure Mayles gave it his all, but he checked out after N&B). I have more faith in Sakurai than I do with modern Rare in treating Banjo & Kazooie properly--it's why I'd rather them be in Smash than Rare making a Threeie.

this hurts

As is said, Grant would know nothing, and is always pessimistic about anything happening with the IP. It's not an either/or--Grant's a great guy, and he's knowledgeable of the industry, so he would know better than anyone what the likelihood is like and people should take note. But it's likely speculation on his part as he's not a part of Rare and wouldn't be involved in Banjo & Kazooie in Smash. It's not like this is the first time he's said the exact same thing.

They've always been unlikely, and still are, but that doesn't change that this is the highest chance they've ever had in getting in. And, of course, if people use this as a deconfirmation, then Master Chief and Steve certainly would be deconfirmed by that metric (and I don't think any of those three are).

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Why are we acting like what Grant says means anything. He basically pretended to confirm Banjo-Threeie the other week but went lol jk right afterwards. He just wants to **** with people because he loves the reactions he gets from it.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
...You do realize this doesn't mean anything right? Grant doesn't work with Rare anymore, so him saying that doesn't really mean anything significant.
So a dude who does not work for Rare at all says this, and Banjo is Deconned? Yet Aubrey, a Senior Manager at Mojang, says something against Steve's inclusion and suddenly she's a nobody who knows nothing which means Steve's a lock?

Yeh, not detecting bias of any sorts here from the trolls.
tenor (2).gif

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
this hurts

Not really. Grant doesn't work at Rare and he would have no knowledge of what's happening with Smash Bros. It's possible he's lying, but I think the more realistic situation is that he won't be doing the music if Banjo is in Smash.

Top Bottom