• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
But he is still rather cartoony. It's not like that super mature deep quotes personality shows much in game. He completely stands out next to all the other humans that cane out .
I wasn't being serious. I mean the quote is deep but he is still a Pokemon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m gonna play banjo and kazooie and see what makes them brave:4pacman:
While the name makes sense for erdrick I don’t think those are his stats

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
But he is still rather cartoony. It's not like that super mature deep quotes personality shows much in game. He completely stands out next to all the other humans that cane out .
I'm going more on the edgy route. Just look at how he looks away when he loses.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I'm not putting any stock in this theory, but I just can't stop imagining how cool artorias would be. I'd imagine he would play super aggressively with high agility to boot. Maybe add some super armor for ****s and giggles. I love the soulsborne series (bloodborne's my favorite) and artorias is my favorite boss in ds1. Along with banjo, he's the most hype character in that leak.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
I hope the Google leak is true cause I want all the characters in it (other than Artorias cause I'm not familiar with him)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I hope the Google leak is true cause I want all the characters in it (other than Artorias cause I'm not familiar with him)
A lot of times, that's a sign that a leak isn't true. If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. Even the final reveals for Ultimate's roster wound up being disappointing for some because people were desperately hoping that we'd get more than just Kencineroar.

Then again, this is the game that gave us Ridley, K. Rool, and every single veteran - I've long since given up on trying to predict how this will turn out. Still, there's a lot of evidence that those kinds of "leaks" are incredibly easy to fake.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Also, getting Artorias would be a little strange to be completely honest as far as Dark Souls reps go. He's a DLC exclusive boss to the original Dark Souls, and while yes, the Remastered versions definitely include him, I'd be completely surprised to see him show up before someone like Solaire (Who also already has the Amiibo, though I don't put any real stock in those). Or a more general Chosen Undead. Or even Gwyn since he's so important to the original Dark Souls...

Yeah, if there is any part of the leak I'm calling out for being BS besides us already seeing how easily things can be manipulated, it's the choice of Artorias. That would just seem a very un-Sakurai move to me...

LightKnight

Smash Journeyman
A lot of times, that's a sign that a leak isn't true. If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. Even the final reveals for Ultimate's roster wound up being disappointing for some because people were desperately hoping that we'd get more than just Kencineroar.
While I see what your saying I'm just gonna say it is a somewhat subjective matter and for me this would kinda be a disappointing line-up :lol:
Not that I'd have any issue with that, there are still some inclusions I find neat and I'd be happy for other people getting characters they like. I'm pretty happy with the characters we already have so any others are just kinda bonus.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It sucks that all the good leaks turn out fake.

Maybe because they are always made by people that know what people actually want lol

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
It sucks that all the good leaks turn out fake.

Maybe because they are always made by people that know what people actually want lol
A good leak to you may be a bad leak to others though, this "google" leak has only one remotely appealing character to me. (obviously Banjo)

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
That dang Google theory really seemed like it could have been the one. But alas we gotta wait until E3 most likely to know for sure what the bear and the birds fate will be. Given how Sakurai likes to suprise though, I wonder if we might see Mike from StarTropics make an appearance in some way as another western character.
mike jones forgotten four.jpg

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
A good leak to you may be a bad leak to others though, this "google" leak has only one remotely appealing character to me. (obviously Banjo)
I can understand that. The only questionable one is why suddenly everyone wants the ninja from Ninja gaiden. He was mentioned in one text lake and suddenly everyone wants him.

Can't say I would understand why you wouldn't want Doomguy.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Wasn't Hayabusa deconfirmed?
People have been finding weird work-arounds for it? That's all I remember about it.

Like with Steve where asking if he was in smash at minecon made the whole panel laugh. Or when even community managers/employees for Minecraft have high doubts about it. People will find workarounds to make sure it's not a deconfirmation.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wasn't there an article about Koei stating that they weren't ask by sakurai about any characters for smash?
Only in context of DOA itself. It's like with Steve. There's some small bits you can look at to justify they're disconfirmed, but it's not remotely the case.

We don't have any proper statements from the actual companies specifically saying they haven't been approached for DLC of that character in question. So both Steve and Ryu Hayabase are on the table right now.

Microsoft being generally silent in itself is a pretty good thing for their entourage of characters as is.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
Only in context of DOA itself. It's like with Steve. There's some small bits you can look at to justify they're disconfirmed, but it's not remotely the case.

We don't have any proper statements from the actual companies specifically saying they haven't been approached for DLC of that character in question. So both Steve and Ryu Hayabase are on the table right now.

Microsoft being generally silent in itself is a pretty good thing for their entourage of characters as is.
i don't want to be rude, but i didn't want an actual reply from you or those statements you believe in.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
This is a discussion forum. People are allowed to say whatever they want within the rules.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I’m pretty sure the article just stated they’d be interested in adding a DOA character and not anything against Ryu. It’s also absurdly hard to find the specific quote and much less prevalent and official than other things that deconfirm characters.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I'm not sure how much stock I put in this Google Theory. There could be a number of explanations for why those characters make that ad appear.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm not sure how much stock I put in this Google Theory. There could be a number of explanations for why those characters make that ad appear.
Including "people talk about them often enough." Artoria(did I say that name right) is the only odd one out at this point, really. But that's only if we don't look at other sites, as they probably have a lot of unique character discussions we don't have. I mean, obviously there's going to be some many talk about(our bird and bear included).

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I'm just gonna assume someone put some cash down to briefly **** with smash fans.

The line up is way too hype to be real

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Regardless. Strange how Google has no verifications process to make sure you're actually the company advertising. .

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
People have been finding weird work-arounds for it? That's all I remember about it.

Like with Steve where asking if he was in smash at minecon made the whole panel laugh. Or when even community managers/employees for Minecraft have high doubts about it. People will find workarounds to make sure it's not a deconfirmation.
Nail on the head

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Regardless. Strange how Google has no verifications process to make sure you're actually the company advertising. .
If you pay and don't cause any major trouble, I'm sure Google couldn't really care less to be honest. They're not exactly the type of company I expect upstanding moral behavior from...

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Anyway did anything every come from that whole "All Banjo-Kazooie games are now on display in Microsoft stores and employees are confused" thing?

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
If you pay and don't cause any major trouble, I'm sure Google couldn't really care less to be honest. They're not exactly the type of company I expect upstanding moral behavior from...
I think this theory should be put in limbo. Not really true but not really false. Points match each other for its authenticity and falsehoods. Until someone comes forward with proof they bought those ads, it's a mystery. If it's some rando, it's dead, if it's an NOE employee, we got ourselves a chicken dinner here.

fleshdude.gov

Smash Journeyman
If I may put my tinfoil hat back on I theorize that this DLC from the Google Theory is indicative of the Smash 4 DLC where the majority are edgy, anime-ish and Mature themed characters and one goofy cartoonish character. Edgy serious Mewtwo, Roy, Cloud, Ryu, Bayonetta and goofy Lucas fit the proposed Google theory of Edgy Hyabusa, Artorius, Doom Slayer, Joker and Goofy Banjo-kazooie.
Since the animation rigs (and, by extension, the animations themselves) are easily shared between human/humanoidly-proportioned characters, choosing more "realistic humans" to add as DLC characters greatly reduces development times and costs, raising the potential profits. This, sadly, makes me doubt that we will get more than one or two cartoonishly-proportioned characters in the Fighter's Pass. Overall, that does help this """"""leak's"""""" """"""""""""credibility"""""""""""".

This is how malware-installing ads work - many adspace companies have absolutely no systems in place to check for ads that may attempt to install spyware or malware to the viewers of the ads.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Damn it, now I'm bummed we're not getting artorias. First tetris cereal now this? Why must the smash fandom deny me things I never knew I wanted?
That's Smash speculation for you.

I wouldn’t put stock into that theory (remember the grinch leak) because I predicted the result how it will result in
View attachment 218823
Take Banjo & Kazooie out of the picture, than the equation becomes correct sad as that is.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Including "people talk about them often enough." Artoria(did I say that name right) is the only odd one out at this point, really. But that's only if we don't look at other sites, as they probably have a lot of unique character discussions we don't have. I mean, obviously there's going to be some many talk about(our bird and bear included).
I mean people talking about them often would trigger probably more than 5 characters. And why wouldn't Erdrick or Steve be there considering they're practically all that gets talked about nowadays?

I'm sure this isn't legit but I think there's more to it than "people talking about the often"

TheZoologist

Smash Ace

Then again, this is the game that gave us Ridley, K. Rool, and every single veteran - I've long since given up on trying to predict how this will turn out. Still, there's a lot of evidence that those kinds of "leaks" are incredibly easy to fake.
I mean to be fair, that’s how I feel about Banjo-Kazooie being in any leak. It’s too good to be true and I end up wailing in disappointment when they’re not announced.

Rubberfrog

Smash Apprentice
That dang Google theory really seemed like it could have been the one. But alas we gotta wait until E3 most likely to know for sure what the bear and the birds fate will be. Given how Sakurai likes to suprise though, I wonder if we might see Mike from StarTropics make an appearance in some way as another western character. View attachment 218869
Banjo and Mike are the only two characters I actively advocate for when it comes to either being in Smash or just coming back in general. Like Banjo, Mike has everything he needs to get in (besides fan request).

In fact, here's some fan art I did of the guy.
sketch1529861182708-1.png

Top Bottom