• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Pretty sure it's just for a AR phone game like Pokemon GO
https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/6/18524676/microsoft-minecraft-ar-mobile-game-teaser-build-2019
Or it was this
I'm sure it's not going to be anything Smash-related despite my hopes and dreams for Steve and B-K, but they're teasing two secret things (one's very likely what looks like Minecraft GO if you ask me) that will be revealed on May 17th, the game's birthday. The website's page for the celebration says to go back and visit the page on that day to see 'em as well.

FurretBro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FurretBro
I have a good feeling two reveals may happen during E3, and I'm just hoping for Banjo-Kazooie to make it in. Third time's a charm, right?

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Is anyone else a bit worried about Steve coming into Smash with Minecraft's 10th anniversary soon and the twitter teasing something big
I mean Banjo-Kazooie's 20th anniversary was last year and their debut in Japan was the same night as the VGAs and we got Joker instead.

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
I mean Banjo-Kazooie's 20th anniversary was last year and their debut in Japan was the same night as the VGAs and we got Joker instead.
This doesn't mean anything. Just because one anniversary isn't celebrated doesn't mean no other's will.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
edit: Geno's place is good as well, and Porky being on there feels good too.
Porky at number 14. baby! Hail to the king!

I think you're right, K Rool was my most wanted, and although Dixie is now my number one pick, Banjo is a very close second. Those two would complete the roster for me.
Same here except I would want Goemon and Krystal as well than I would be satisfied with the roster. Porky and Pig Ganon are on my wanted list too, but they're not as wanted to me as the other 4 characters above.

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Out of curiosity has Sabi gotten anything right yet?
Sabi hasn't stated anything to get right or wrong. She only repeats whispers and murmurs she's heard from others as far as I understand. More of a news outlet than any kind of leaker.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Funny, that Tetris Cereal leak got the NES Online stuff correct, but I guess it's still fake for everything else since Sabi knows who made it and said so.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Sabi hasn't stated anything to get right or wrong. She only repeats whispers and murmurs she's heard from others as far as I understand. More of a news outlet than any kind of leaker.
She actually leaked the Power Rangers game. How you want to see the rest of stuff she has gotten right, whether it's news or leak, that's up to you guys, but it's technically still a leak when spreading such news before they eventually get confirmed, lol.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Nintendo doesn't really care for "this would be the perfect time to do this" They play by their own rules and they announce things when they want to. They aren't going to force themselves to announce something because of Minecraft's or Banjo-Kazooie's anniversary. Like how half a direct being spent on Dragon Quest didn't mean Erdrick was being revealed that direct also.

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
I would like Dixie Kong in Smash too, But I feel like most King K. Rool/DK fans flocked towards Banjo-Kazooie as the next Rare newcomer rather than Dixie.
That's pretty much what I did. But I don't expend much effort hoping or rallying (if you can call posting "I want this character" online a lot that) for characters that I don't think have a realistic chance; My support for Banjo & Kazooie mostly skyrocketed due to Microsoft suddenly becoming all chummy with Nintendo, not just K. Rool's long awaited inclusion.

If K. Rool was still MIA, he'd be in the backseat right now as far as my support goes. Don't get me wrong, I love K. Rool. He was my most wanted first-party character since Melee, but Banjo & Kazooie are on a whole 'nother level. And them not being a total pipe-dream character is incredible.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Funny, that Tetris Cereal leak got the NES Online stuff correct, but I guess it's still fake for everything else since Sabi knows who made it and said so.
The paranoid man in me wants to wonder if this is in fact a real leak and that the one "claiming" credit for it just wants to shoot it down and didn't create it at all. How did the leak know that these titles would be revealed today and predicted the release dates perfectly? I wonder how they got that info.

I'll take Sabi's word here, but I can't help but wonder about these things. Would be funny if that was an actual leak.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
The paranoid man in me wants to wonder if this is in fact a real leak and that the one "claiming" credit for it just wants to shoot it down and didn't create it at all. How did the leak know that these titles would be revealed today and predicted the release dates perfectly? I wonder how they got that info.

I'll take Sabi's word here, but I can't help but wonder about these things. Would be funny if that was an actual leak.

Does this mean there's still hope for tetris cereal?
tumblr_navzwsvEMm1rdr926o1_400.gif

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Honestly I feel a bit paranoid, too, but I'm just gonna assume it was a well-educated guess or a small bit of real info or something. Would love for it to be true, though.

Hands off me lucky Tetrominos!

maf91186

Smash Journeyman

I'm thinking maybe because the 7th was the first Tuesday in May. That's probably when they usually make their monthly reveals?

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
View attachment 217458
*thinking emoji*​
Did they make their display name anything for May 2nd? Because this seems like a joke because of all the emails on the left side. Even if this isn't a joke. I feel like it just means something is coming to Xbox Game Pass.

I can't escape him.
1557284410016.png

Edit:
It was all for Wolfenstein II and Lego Batman.

Last edited:

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
Found an interesting "leak"

1557281291214.png

Take this with not a grain of sand but an atom. I only bring this up because he was right about the DK jr being announced.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Alright folks, hypothetically, we can only get 2 Banjo Kazooie characters. Who would the second one be: Mumbo Jumbo or Gruntilda? Anyone who answers correctly will get likes.
I am a big advocate of both Gruntilda and Mumbo, but Gruntilda should be the second character from the franchise to get in. One of the great villains in gaming I've come across who has an access of spell-casting moves that would be a treasure trove for her moveset. Plus I'd love to see her roast the rest of the roster in hilarious fashion. Mumbo would be amazing to have in too. "Mumbo ready to kick much ass."

I was browsing Twitter and came across this amazing image that will share with you guys. One of the many reasons why I enjoy Banjo-Tooie very much are the memorable bosses.
Banjo Tooie Bosses.jpg

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I'd laugh so hard if that Tetris leak was legit, I mean I'm taking Sabis word for it but those games and that date are awfully exact to be a coincidence. If SNES games are announced at E3 and a new Cooking Mama is announced I'm camping out for Tetris cereal because I want a box

I'd laugh so hard if that Tetris leak was legit, I mean I'm taking Sabis word for it but those games and that date are awfully exact to be a coincidence. If SNES games are announced at E3 and a new Cooking Mama is announced I'm camping out for Tetris cereal because I want a box
I mean it’s not that hard to recognize a pattern and make a prediction based off of that. It was literally just a lucky guess

I am a big advocate of both Gruntilda and Mumbo, but Gruntilda should be the second character from the franchise to get in. One of the great villains in gaming I've come across who has an access of spell-casting moves that would be a treasure trove for her moveset. Plus I'd love to see her roast the rest of the roster in hilarious fashion. Mumbo would be amazing to have in too. "Mumbo ready to kick much ***."

I was browsing Twitter and came across this amazing image that will share with you guys. One of the many reasons why I enjoy Banjo-Tooie very much are the memorable bosses.
View attachment 217484
Terry looks like a long lost brother of Charizard.

And Targitzan's human-like foot (toes notwithstanding) have me scarred for life.

Nice artwork though and agreed on the bosses, they really added more value to each world.

Weldar, Woo Fak Fak and Mr. Patch are my favourite bosses. Fak's narcissism and smugness for such a pathetic fish was humorous and it probably took me a good 6 months to find Weldar as a youngster. Hidden away in that air conditioning plant. Mr. Patch in particular would make a great assist trophy, spewing beach balls, spawning jack in the box boxing gloves from the ground and floating about the battlefield.

Last edited:

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
Fake or not, I'm just glad we are getting Donkey Kong Jr. It's my dad's favorite game.
The dates could be a lucky guess. I don't know if there's a fixed schedule when it comes to releasing these NES games.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I am a big advocate of both Gruntilda and Mumbo, but Gruntilda should be the second character from the franchise to get in. One of the great villains in gaming I've come across who has an access of spell-casting moves that would be a treasure trove for her moveset. Plus I'd love to see her roast the rest of the roster in hilarious fashion. Mumbo would be amazing to have in too. "Mumbo ready to kick much ***."

View attachment 217484
Freaking amazing! The thing I loved about Banjo-Tooie is it made EVERYTHING bigger. The worlds, the movesets, the characters, the story, and especially the bosses. There were maybe a handful of bosses scattered throughout Banjo-Kazooie and they had such little fanfare that they seemed more like obstacles in the way of your Jiggies than a sincere threat. I actually never realized Nipper, the Poison Frogs, and Boss Boom Box were actually considered bosses because they just sort of appeared while there was huge fanfare for each of Banjo-Tooie’s bosses! And they all had such unique and interesting personalities and fights. But nothing beats the aerial fight with Mr. Patch under the Big Top Tent!

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
We've actually already discussed it. Sabi came and said she knows the person and that it's fake.

DAMN IT. At least I tried......One last thing I'll post here, waiting for Nintendo announcements is too annoying.

I managed to find a fuller version of this "render" -
1535771110217.png

I know the picture above has been discussed before, but I have NEVER seen the picture below shown or dicussed on the Banjo-Kazooie thread. I don't mean to give hope, as it'll hurt me as much as it hurts you. But this render gives me hope, especially since I found the pic below(it took me a long time to find the pic below.)

1556844778284.jpg

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
DAMN IT. At least I tried......One last thing I'll post here, waiting for Nintendo announcements is too annoying.

I managed to find a fuller version of this "render" - View attachment 217514

I know the picture above has been discussed before, but I have NEVER seen the picture below shown or dicussed on the Banjo-Kazooie thread. I don't mean to give hope, as it'll hurt me as much as it hurts you. But this render gives me hope, especially since I found the pic below(it took me a long time to find the pic below.)

View attachment 217515
Sadly I think this was deconfirmed too for looking too similar to previous renders of Banjo & Kazooie and being easily manipulated or something like that. Although I don't think I've seen this particular image before, just the first two! So good find!

UserKev

Smash Champion
Banjo would bring that whole 64 aesthetic to Smash, it'd definitely be historic. I'm not exactly hyped but at least Banjo would stem us away from the Japanese "anime"

Brothanigus

Smash Apprentice
Sadly I think this was deconfirmed too for looking too similar to previous renders of Banjo & Kazooie and being easily manipulated or something like that. Although I don't think I've seen this particular image before, just the first two! So good find!
Well to be fair, people did say the same thing about the Ken image that did turn out to be true.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
If I'm not mistaken Banjo's render is based off of the box art from "Grunty's Revenge" while Kazooie's render is based off of one of the many N64 renders from "Banjo-Kazooie".

Last edited:
Top Bottom