• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
DK64 is a great game if you just play it to beat the final boss after that it becomes a bit of a mess & choir to try & get some bananas like in the spooky ghost world near the end of the game every banana you work your way to is in a bonus barrel with a BS hard mini game to beat to get it not fun at that point

DK vine did a retrospective on DK64 & hit the nail on the head about why its good points are good & why the bad points are bad

(still PO'ed we never got a DK643D remake for 3DS)
I will look up that video, because I honestly prefer DK64 to Banjo Kazooie.
...I am positive this is in part to personal bias, but I never remember a negative thing about DK64.

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
Anyone who plays DK64 with intention to 100% needs to know of a glitch that prevents doing just that IN THE FINAL LEVEL!
there are giant banana medals (that I thought were purely background since you never collected them this way in the past) that you need to get before leaving. Doesn't help you're on a timer. If you don't get them, you're screwed
Good on you for mentioning this. Last year, I replayed DK64 for the first time in over a decade and fell victim to this glitch. I was going to attempt to 100% the game but that took the wind out of my sails.

DK64 was pretty enjoyable for me. The wave of hatred in recent years does seem like a bit of a bandwagon effect.
The game certainly has its flaws, but I feel as though they're usually exaggerated. ...except the minigames. It's impossible to exaggerate how hellish some of those are.

Also, Springman is the de facto mascot of ARMS.

Last edited:

Bestmand902

Smash Lord
Only played a bit of DK64 but I feel like something a remake would need to cut out is the Kong barrels. Maybe replace them with something where, once you rescue a kong you can swap between them with a button press (Maybe like, mapped to the shoulder buttons or something). Seems like that'd cut out a lot of tedium

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
The way I see this going, it feels inevitable that we're getting 2 reveals at E3 and Brave is obviously one of them. I see a lot of people dismissing Erdrick since they don't have a lot of popularity in the West, so I have a theory: maybe they're having two reveals so they can please both East and West fans.

Erdrick obviously is the Eastern choice, what with DQ being absolutely massive over there. As for the Western reveal, a Microsoft character feels almost certain. Everything has been pointing to Banjo for the Microsoft character as well, but I wouldn't really be too surprised if it's Steve either. (I'm still leaning towards Banjo though of course.)
I predicted this months ago that we would probably be getting two characters revealed and perhaps released at E3. I swear though that if it's Erdrick and Steve like people have been speculating for months about, I'm leaving the speculation scene until the entire Season Pass is out.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I predicted this months ago that we would probably be getting two characters revealed and perhaps released at E3. I swear though that if it's Erdrick and Steve like people have been speculating for months about, I'm leaving the speculation scene until the entire Season Pass is out.
With how the leakers for Steve have been disappearing and ducking out I'd say he's not as likely now. Microsoft has been oddly optimistic about Banjo-kazooie to put all 3 games up on their displays. Might be a hunch but I got a gut feeling that this E3 is going to be very interesting if Sabi's Smash 4 source pulls through.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
One thing to remember about a franchise mascot is that things can change. Springman is absolutely ARMS' mascot. But that can change as more games come along. Fulgore wasn't the original mascot, Jago was, of Killer Instinct. Fulgore took over quite quickly and is literally their logo for a reason. On another note, I wouldn't say getting a clone makes you the mascot. But being the main focus of promotional material as well as on the boxart can help define it. Ribbon Girl has a mascot-like role, but she's beaten out by Springman in overall importance. ...I also feel like I got the name slightly off. I'm not sure if it's Spring Man or Springman, really.

Likewise, a franchise can have a mascot, but a game(or individual work if you will) can have its own mascot(s). Sometimes the role is shared. The box legendaries and starters are mascots in some ways too. Pichu would pretty much be the mascot of Baby Pokemon by far, and a very recognizable Generation II Pokemon as well. In fact, was there any non-Legendary besides Pichu to get a movie among Generation II? That says something. Of course, being the pre-evolution of Pikachu did a lot to help this factor.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
One thing to remember about a franchise mascot is that things can change. Springman is absolutely ARMS' mascot. But that can change as more games come along. Fulgore wasn't the original mascot, Jago was, of Killer Instinct. Fulgore took over quite quickly and is literally their logo for a reason. On another note, I wouldn't say getting a clone makes you the mascot. But being the main focus of promotional material as well as on the boxart can help define it. Ribbon Girl has a mascot-like role, but she's beaten out by Springman in overall importance. ...I also feel like I got the name slightly off. I'm not sure if it's Spring Man or Springman, really.
It's Spring Man I'm pretty sure. I'd also say that, in terms of Killer Instinct, Spinal is more recognizable than Jago. Jago definitely isn't the Mascot, at least any more, but he is the Ryu of the game. The main beginner character, same with spring man, came with Scorpion and Sub-zero. Which is one reason that they ARE the mascots of their games. Because they're a GREAT beginning character.
Likewise, a franchise can have a mascot, but a game(or individual work if you will) can have its own mascot(s). Sometimes the role is shared. The box legendaries and starters are mascots in some ways too. Pichu would pretty much be the mascot of Baby Pokemon by far, and a very recognizable Generation II Pokemon as well. In fact, was there any non-Legendary besides Pichu to get a movie among Generation II? That says something. Of course, being the pre-evolution of Pikachu did a lot to help this factor.
Entei got a movie, a pretty large one, one of the most well received ones. Lugia got a movie. Yeah, Gen 2 had more movies than Gen 1 for a LONG time lol.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's Spring Man I'm pretty sure. I'd also say that, in terms of Killer Instinct, Spinal is more recognizable than Jago. Jago definitely isn't the Mascot, at least any more, but he is the Ryu of the game. The main beginner character, same with spring man, came with Scorpion and Sub-zero. Which is one reason that they ARE the mascots of their games. Because they're a GREAT beginning character.
I honestly forgot Spinal had much of anything. But yeah, being the Ryu in itself won't make you the mascot for all time. I like the comparison to Liu Kang better, cause being the hero is really the point. Sometimes the hero is the mascot.

Entei got a movie, a pretty large one, one of the most well received ones. Lugia got a movie. Yeah, Gen 2 had more movies than Gen 1 for a LONG time lol.
Yep. But mainly that none of the movies star anyone(besides Ash's crew) if they weren't a Legendary or Pichu, which is an important thing in itself. It wasn't a coincidence why Pichu is the only non-Legendary to get movies. It's an important character for the Generation. Also, Celebi had a movie too, though that came out far later and was a made-for-tv one, I believe.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Yep. But mainly that none of the movies star anyone(besides Ash's crew) if they weren't a Legendary or Pichu, which is an important thing in itself. It wasn't a coincidence why Pichu is the only non-Legendary to get movies. It's an important character for the Generation. Also, Celebi had a movie too, though that came out far later and was a made-for-tv one, I believe.
I think 4ever (Celebi/Suicune) and Heroes(Latias and Latios) were in theaters but only for a limited release.

So both are essentially straight to home video.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
If we were to get spring man, I'd imagine that he would have ribbon girl as an alt. Or maybe a bowser jr. situation where the alts are all different arms characters.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If we were to get spring man, I'd imagine that he would have ribbon girl as an alt. Or maybe a bowser jr. situation where the alts are all different arms characters.
It's possible, but I can see why an Echo would work too. A lot don't seem to understand they really don't have any special gameplay to separate them as easily as others. Ribbon Girl's specialty is "double jump". Literally everyone in Smash does that. She works well as an alt since she shares everything the same.

Though for an Echo, that could be easily workable if their mechanic is to have a separate set of ARMS to use, or perhaps scroll through. Kind of akin to Shulk's Monado Arts, or almost like Pokemon Trainer, but with weapons. You could justify both of them having a completely different set of weapons. I don't know the game well enough to see how it could work, besides the theory itself. I'm sure there's at least 10 different ones? I remember there's at least a pair of gloves per character(or 1 set per character, if you will), but I could be wrong.

I think 4ever (Celebi/Suicune) and Heroes(Latias and Latios) were in theaters but only for a limited release.

So both are essentially straight to home video.
Huh, interesting. So a third category. Made for TV, Straight to Home, and Full Theatrical Release. Did I miss any other ones? I mean, obviously most things eventually become "Straight to Home" releases.

-------------

Topic-wise, they should make a Banjo & Kazooie anime/cartoon/manga/comic/movie/etc. They have a ton of material to work with. Though I'm not sure if it could easily translate to a decent TV show so much as a movie in itself. I don't remember what the story is like either, so how many episodes could you trek out? I mean, sure, there's the idea of it being more of a comedy ala Sonic Boom that has fun episodes with much more simplified plots, ones that aren't fully connected to some big one(but could have a small bit of continuity, like who is introduced first chronologically, but besides light references to past episodes, it's not an overarching storyline in itself. Bar maybe a two or three parter here or there).

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
It's possible, but I can see why an Echo would work too. A lot don't seem to understand they really don't have any special gameplay to separate them as easily as others. Ribbon Girl's specialty is "double jump". Literally everyone in Smash does that. She works well as an alt since she shares everything the same.

Though for an Echo, that could be easily workable if their mechanic is to have a separate set of ARMS to use, or perhaps scroll through. Kind of akin to Shulk's Monado Arts, or almost like Pokemon Trainer, but with weapons. You could justify both of them having a completely different set of weapons. I don't know the game well enough to see how it could work, besides the theory itself. I'm sure there's at least 10 different ones? I remember there's at least a pair of gloves per character(or 1 set per character, if you will), but I could be wrong.

Huh, interesting. So a third category. Made for TV, Straight to Home, and Full Theatrical Release. Did I miss any other ones? I mean, obviously most things eventually become "Straight to Home" releases.

-------------

Topic-wise, they should make a Banjo & Kazooie anime/cartoon/manga/comic/movie/etc. They have a ton of material to work with. Though I'm not sure if it could easily translate to a decent TV show so much as a movie in itself. I don't remember what the story is like either, so how many episodes could you trek out? I mean, sure, there's the idea of it being more of a comedy ala Sonic Boom that has fun episodes with much more simplified plots, ones that aren't fully connected to some big one(but could have a small bit of continuity, like who is introduced first chronologically, but besides light references to past episodes, it's not an overarching storyline in itself. Bar maybe a two or three parter here or there).
The problem with a Banjo show is, bar one line in Diddy Kong Racing, all the characters speak in whatever noises they make.

Then again Viva Piñata managed to do the same... minus removing most of the human(?) characters.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
I've realized that I suck at this game now so I'm making a pledge that if Banjo gets in I will get to Elite Smash with him

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The problem with a Banjo show is, bar one line in Diddy Kong Racing, all the characters speak in whatever noises they make.

Then again Viva Piñata managed to do the same... minus removing most of the human(?) characters.
That is a good point. Yeah, might not work. I mean, it's not like they're incapable of speaking among the overall settings/style. As Conker proves, who has the overall same style. And the jokes I know are sometimes a bit inappropriate as well(as said before). I don't mean Conker's jokes either. ...I guess Conker could make a pretty easy show in comparison, heh. Though if they did that, they can have other Rareware characters show up, even with less dialogue depending who it is. What other Rareware characters don't speak at all usually? I mean, the one-liner in Diddy Kong Racing is still something of note, so he has a voice among the overall series. And I do remember they were supposed to be connected together(or in the same universe) with the first game in the settings being Diddy Kong Racing as is. They could stick to that idea, if Nintendo would allow it?

Mr. Stagg

I've realized that I suck at this game now so I'm making a pledge that if Banjo gets in I will get to Elite Smash with him
I will take this cartoon bear and bird and I will get to freaken Evo, this I swear.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
That is a good point. Yeah, might not work. I mean, it's not like they're incapable of speaking among the overall settings/style. As Conker proves, who has the overall same style. And the jokes I know are sometimes a bit inappropriate as well(as said before). I don't mean Conker's jokes either. ...I guess Conker could make a pretty easy show in comparison, heh. Though if they did that, they can have other Rareware characters show up, even with less dialogue depending who it is. What other Rareware characters don't speak at all usually? I mean, the one-liner in Diddy Kong Racing is still something of note, so he has a voice among the overall series. And I do remember they were supposed to be connected together(or in the same universe) with the first game in the settings being Diddy Kong Racing as is. They could stick to that idea, if Nintendo would allow it?
Knowing how Sakurai handles most animals/monsters in smash . If Banjo gets in I feel like all we will get is "generic bear sounds" regardless if they actually talk or not.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Knowing how Sakurai handles most animals/monsters in smash . If Banjo gets in I feel like all we will get is "generic bear sounds" regardless if they actually talk or not.
I'm not so sure that has as much to do with Sakurai so much as that's how they were first portrayed. Bowser didn't start having a voice till quite a long time later, after all. He usually is roars and grunts in most games, with what, Sunshine being his only voiced lines?

It's probably just him sticking with the original Nintendo designs. That could still work for Banjo & Kazooie, but I was talking about how he could talk in a cartoon. For Smash, I completely agree. It's pretty much his main way of speaking that people know of, after all.

NickoRaptor

Smash Cadet
I'd be fine with either making it in. I don't care about DQ, but I respect it and would happy to see Erdrick and I'm pretty much expecting him at this point. As for Steve, I've seen many more signs pointing towards Banjo rather than Steve, so I'm really feeling like we're getting Banjo. There's just been so many little tidbits of information in his favor and I haven't seen much against him, but with Steve it's almost the opposite. Fingers crossed, I guess.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I say Banjo should have ether mumblespeak from there game or he should talk like he did in diddy kong racing (how little he did)

altho banjo's smash attacks should have realistic bear noises !

Organization XIII

Smash Champion

She can jump 4 times not just twice. Other then that she would likely have unique animations which can be enough to qualify a character to be an echo.

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
I hear this all the time. People who haven't played ARMS really don't understand that these characters move, jump, dodge and attack differently. I suppose if you haven't played the game you wouldn't be able to know the differences since they are subtle. So it's no big deal.

Ribbon Girl doesn't just double jump. She has four jumps. Can dodge in the air multiple times. She can fast fall, and is overall faster lighter and smaller than most fighters. But her smaller arms means her hitboxes are smaller.

People also forget that alternate costumes have to have ALL the same animations. That means idle, walking, taunts, and victory screen animations. Ribbon Girl has a very different personality from Spring Man. She's very graceful and feminine. I dread to think of her having the same taunts and victory animations as Spring Man who is more sporty and spunky.

She would have to be an echo fighter with new idle, taunt, and victory animations and two extra jumps.

EDIT: I was beat again.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I hear this all the time. People who haven't played ARMS really don't understand that these characters move, jump, dodge and attack differently. I suppose if you haven't played the game you wouldn't be able to know the differences since they are subtle. So it's no big deal.

Ribbon Girl doesn't just double jump. She has four jumps. Can dodge in the air multiple times. She can fast fall, and is overall faster lighter and smaller than most fighters. But her smaller arms means her hitboxes are smaller.

But even if all she had was an extra nump and nothing else, she still couldn't be an alternate costume. People forget that alternate costumes have to have ALL the same animations. That means idle, walking, taunts, and victory screen animations. Ribbon Girl has a very different personality from Spring Man. She's very graceful and feminine. I dread to think of her having the same taunts and victory animations as Spring Man who is more sporty and spunky.

She would have to be an echo fighter with new idle, taunt, and victory animations and two extra jumps.

EDIT: I was beat again.
No, you just gave a more elaborate explanation. More or less, yeah, same thing was said. I'm not sure the issues with taunts would exist, as they've had alternate taunt animations for different genders. But them having unique movement animations and hitboxes is proof they wouldn't work as alternate costumes. Though I'm not sure if it's as different as Alph(who really isn't very different besides potential taunts, which I wish he would get at least his own to fit his personality better. The alt costume thing works due to all the Captains being pretty much identical playstyle-wise. It's just the personality is rather off) would be, or more like how'd you expect Dark Samus to be when it comes to animation differences. I don't know enough on either of them to say how big the differences are. Though am I correct that they share the same bodyshape?

She can jump 4 times not just twice. Other then that she would likely have unique animations which can be enough to qualify a character to be an echo.
Yeah, I didn't know she had 4 jumps. To say the least, 4 jumps wouldn't scream a good reason for an Echo. Having a lot of different animations, though, yeah, she'd make way more sense as an Echo. I mentioned a few bits in the first paragraph otherwise. But yeah, my bad.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Yeah, I didn't know she had 4 jumps. To say the least, 4 jumps wouldn't scream a good reason for an Echo. Having a lot of different animations, though, yeah, she'd make way more sense as an Echo. I mentioned a few bits in the first paragraph otherwise. But yeah, my bad.
I kind of agree but at the same time removing Marth's tip was enough to make Lucina an echo and a different FS was enough for DP so sometimes really small differences are enough for an echo. Comes down to how Sakurai sees it.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I kind of agree but at the same time removing Marth's tip was enough to make Lucina an echo and a different FS was enough for DP so sometimes really small differences are enough for an echo. Comes down to how Sakurai sees it.
Taunts aren't small differences in that case, I mean. Nothing would stop Spring Man from using 4 jumps if he combined the characters.

But yeah, I agree she makes more sense as an Echo. They have enough gameplay differences(mainly hitboxes) to justify it.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I found this reaction picture of Banjo and I just had to share it. Does anyone know if its referencing anything?
1556415546481.png

Koopaul

Smash Champion
iirc, :ultpokemontrainer::ultpokemontrainerf: and :ultinkling::ultinklingboy: share multiple animation differences.
Just tested Inkling and they have all the same exact animations.

The human Pokemon Trainers have different animations depending on the gender but they are in the background.

I think as a rule alternate costumes need to do the exact same things on the field of battle. I think it has to do with making sure the fighter's hurtboxes and frames will always be the same no matter what you do.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Just tested Inkling and they have all the same exact animations.

The human Pokemon Trainers have different animations depending on the gender but they are in the background.

I think as a rule alternate costumes need to do the exact same things on the field of battle. I think it has to do with making sure the fighter's hurtboxes and frames will always be the same no matter what you do.
I think Inkling Boy only have different animations for his idle and victory screen, which are all pretty minor. My bad.

You're right and now that we have echoes, I can't really see distinct characters being alt costumes unless there are gameplay issues.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
So I see a lot of arguments as to why Banjo won't make it as a fighter. And they are usually pretty bad. The only good argument against Banjo is that he has a ton of competition. If Banjo doesn't get in this game it's not because he's "irrelevant" or "he's not a Japanese character", it's because he was standing in a huge line filled with hundreds of other characters.

At this point you just have to keep your finger crossed.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

I found this reaction picture of Banjo and I just had to share it. Does anyone know if its referencing anything?
View attachment 215766
I was part of a 4chan thread where the guy made an edit of a smug fat Albert pic. Basically Fat Albert is the new avatar used by contrarians to spam Smash threads and appear above it all. Same goes to some dude posting a pic of Rash, but he's been bashing extremists on all sides, namely the Steve and Edrick bandwagoners so he's cool.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I was part of a 4chan thread where the guy made an edit of a smug fat Albert pic. Basically Fat Albert is the new avatar used by contrarians to spam Smash threads and appear above it all. Same goes to some dude posting a pic of Rash, but he's been bashing extremists on all sides, namely the Steve and Edrick bandwagoners so he's cool.
How very based.

Mr. Stagg

How very based.
Whats funny now is that these trolls and losers frequent this thread to find screen-caps to mock us, yet they hide away like cowards in their little discord group and freak out when spies post screencaps of their cringe. They then whirl around and call us hypocrites when none of us did anything to them in terms of raiding their discord or screen-capping their posts in Discord.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
alright , I'm betting on a BK/Steve co-reveal at E3

What make me believe this is the Sakurai's message PushDustin recently published. You know , the one with the "one special thing" and where he mention specifically "fighter number 2 and fighter number 3".
Now , he could have been genuine and simply said that they didn't started developpment for fighter 4 and 5.

My question would be : Why revealing this information at all? He has no reasons to do so. He could have said "Joker and the 4 upcoming new characters".
This is very fishy , and , as someone who initially didn't believed AT ALL that a co-reveal would happen at E3 , this make me very suspicious.
Yeah "It's just a way to words stuff , don't overthink it"...In that case , why mentionning specifically fighter number 2 and 3 ? If he put most of the work in them first (after Joker) , then they must be really important.

And why those two ? Microsoft is so damn close to Nintendo that thinking there isn't going to be some kind of "Nintendo X Microsoft" is ignoring a lot of stuff. They could easily come with Microsoft's Game pass for Switch , wich would be huge + Rare replay.
Why not Masterchief and Cuphead/Mugman ? Master Chief was disconfirmed , and Cup & Mug as their creators wanting them in Smash. Just like when Wayforward asked their fans to vote for Shantae in the Smash ballot.

And about Brave... Like , we still can't find exactly why Jack and Doyle were used for Joker and Arsene , so I doubt we'll know for Brave without knowing the character. Because , when you think about it , Brave is a very generic attribute. (However , Brave not being in Japanese like Packun is weird.)

So yeah... Time to play the waiting game.

On another note , I'm starting to learn how to draw since a few months. So I may experiment with Humba Wumba , haha. As much as I love the duo , proportions for animals characters are quite different from humans one , so this is a bit too tricky for me.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion

What make me believe this is the Sakurai's message PushDustin recently published. You know , the one with the "one special thing" and where he mention specifically "fighter number 2 and fighter number 3".
Now , he could have been genuine and simply said that they didn't started developpment for fighter 4 and 5.

My question would be : Why revealing this information at all? He has no reasons to do so. He could have said "Joker and the 4 upcoming new characters".
This is very fishy , and , as someone who initially didn't believed AT ALL that a co-reveal would happen at E3 , this make me very suspicious.
Yeah "It's just a way to words stuff , don't overthink it"...In that case , why mentionning specifically fighter number 2 and 3 ? If he put most of the work in them first (after Joker) , then they must be really important.

And why those two ? Microsoft is so damn close to Nintendo that thinking there isn't going to be some kind of "Nintendo X Microsoft" is ignoring a lot of stuff. They could easily come with Microsoft's Game pass for Switch , wich would be huge + Rare replay.
Why not Masterchief and Cuphead/Mugman ? Master Chief was disconfirmed , and Cup & Mug as their creators wanting them in Smash. Just like when Wayforward asked their fans to vote for Shantae in the Smash ballot.

And about Brave... Like , we still can't find exactly why Jack and Doyle were used for Joker and Arsene , so I doubt we'll know for Brave without knowing the character. Because , when you think about it , Brave is a very generic attribute. (However , Brave not being in Japanese like Packun is weird.)

On another note , I'm starting to learn how to draw since a few months. So I may experiment with Humba Wumba , haha. As much as I love the duo , proportions for animals characters are quite different from humans one , so this is a bit too tricky for me.
Agreed. The brave thing is way too generic of a term, sometimes even titles and roles in rpg and adventure games, to mean one specific character, the possibilities are many. If anything, that's a smart codename, because it truly doesn't give away anyone in particular.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Just wanting to share this piece of art. Also , Krazy has a huge Banjo collection :
There was a problem fetching the tweet

There was a problem fetching the tweet
(4 pictures)

Agreed, but I’m expecting it to be Erdrick and Banjo

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Agreed, but I’m expecting it to be Erdrick and Banjo
Alright , this is ironic coming from a big Geno supporter , but I don't see Erdrick being as likely as everyone think he is. I especially don't expect him to show at E3 ;
All DQ games that SE wanted to port to the Switch are announced already , the only thing we could get is maybe a release date for DQ XXI S.

Also , it's E3. They need groundbreaking stuff. We got ****ing Ridley for last E3. Not saying Erdrick is a nobody , DQ is huge in Japan and all that shtick , but... Microsoft playing a big role in Nintendo's E3 presentation make me think that it would be easier to just drop 2 Microsoft rep.
Erdrick would really feel out there compared to all the Nintendo games and the more than possible big Microsoft news.

If he get in , I rather expect a full on Smash direct for him. Especially since he's probably going to bring mii costumes with him.
Also , simple reminder that it's SE. It's possible to work with them , but it was really hard with only Cloud and the Geno mii costume (If SE had more power over his Smash design , Cloud would have been grossly overpowered , only 2 songs , not a SINGLE FF SPIRIT , no new stage , ect...)
Working on a character from a Western company + a character from one of the stingiest company out there at the same time... Is a bit too much , even for Sakurai.

And before someone tell me Brave... This is just a vague codename that could be applied to ton of characters + some ****y data. It is in now way proof for Erdrick , or anybody , for that matter. If you don't believe me ... Well imagine , if we didn't knew about Joker :
Who would have tried to connect the Jack codename to Joker ? Or not someone like Raiden , Jak & Daxter , Handsome Jak ? Yeah , not a lot of people.

The reason I believe in the Bear'n'bird isn't this codename , it's because for all the attention they got as of late. Especially from Microsoft themselves.
And the reason I believe Steve will get in with him is because... He would be just as groundbreaking as Banjo and Kazooie , in the Smash fandom. There's also Minecraft dungeons , Minecraft being on the Game pass , and so on.

And also...

I wanna see wholesome fan-art of the duo and Steve together , celebrating. For once in this goddamn speculation cycle , let there be less toxicity and more happiness. Because , every reveal after the August direct (From Isabelle to Joker) have made some fans happy , but also heavily encouraged a BTFO culture for some reasons.

Last edited:
Top Bottom