• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Voe

Smash Journeyman
So, anyone else excited for Duelist Pro now that we have Snake and Stage Builder in the same game again? I just hope that we can use custom stages online in the lobbies. Also there's the little present icon in the Vault section that suggests we can receive presents through special events, but I'm willing to bet it will either be for sending custom stages online with friends and others worldwide, or a quick menu for buying DLC content.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Heads up you guys. Looks like the Steve trolls are visiting this thread and screencapping us to post on 4chan.
Meh, who cares? It's not like anything on 4chan actually affects things so if they wanna grab some pics to take to their little corner of the interent and try and make themselves feel better, they can go for it.

You know, just because "nobody asked for/wanted" a character in doesn't automatically make that character bad. Plus, people aren't talking about Piranha Plant anymore...so? He's fully functional as a character; that alone makes him "work". And that's the main thing I look for in a Smash character: whether or not they're unique/add something new to the table. That's why I have such an issue with Echo Fighters.
I actually have less issue with echoes as they are just costumes that have their own square. You can scrap them all and not have enough time to make a full character, more likely than not, so no real reason to be mad they exist. I do feel PP was a genuine waste of time for Smash but that does come down to more than him not being requested.

Last edited:

LetsRockBaby

Smash Rookie
Hey there Banjobros, DMChad here from /v/ itself, just here to catch up and wish you all merry luck on getting in and whatnot.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Wish we didn't have to fight each other
I mean, I don't want Steve anywhere near Smash bros. but I'm not going to actively go out and tell Steve fans to Shove it.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I mean, I don't want Steve anywhere near Smash bros. but I'm not going to actively go out and tell Steve fans to Shove it.
They come here and screencap us to accuse us of doing what they do, raiding Banjo-Kazooie threads. That is not even close to the truth. Shows just how obsessed they are in their hatred.

osby

Smash Obsessed
They come here and screencap us to accuse us of doing what they do, raiding Banjo-Kazooie threads. That is not even close to the truth. Shows just how obsessed they are in their hatred.
"They" is a bunch of trolls and only a vocal minority of Steve fans.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just so you guys know, am still 100% down to seeing Diddy and Banjo reunite through Smash after all these lost years.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Hey there Banjobros, DMChad here from /v/ itself, just here to catch up and wish you all merry luck on getting in and whatnot.
My Gawd, They are so cool I can hardly tell the two apart. Which one is Banjo? :shades:

Just so you guys know, am still 100% down to seeing Diddy and Banjo reunite through Smash after all these lost years.
You and me both, brother. Banjo's stage needs some Diddy Kong Racing tunes.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I sometimes have to remind myself that Banjo got his start in Diddy Kong Racing, and it makes me smile knowing Banjo & Kazooie are technically a sub-universe part of the Mario universe if they exist in the Donkey Kong universe, which is another sub-universe of Mario's along with Yoshi and Wario. So, that begs the question, how many third-party characters are out there that have such a strange but intimate connection to Nintendo as Banjo (and technically Conker, if we're getting down to it as well)? No longer a mainstay on Nintendo consoles and owned by a competing video game company, yet was technically connected to their flagship franchise through the Donkey Kong franchise via Diddy Kong Racing.

Last edited:

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
You know, just because "nobody asked for/wanted" a character in doesn't automatically make that character bad. Plus, people aren't talking about Piranha Plant anymore...so? He's fully functional as a character; that alone makes him "work". And that's the main thing I look for in a Smash character: whether or not they're unique/add something new to the table.
I never said a character has to be heavily requested/desired to be a worthwhile inclusion. I literally said exactly the opposite, with an example, in the very post you quoted. As for Plant being a good addition simply off the basis of “well he works”, that’s frankly an incredibly low bar to set for roster inclusion. Why have standards whatsoever at that point, as Sakurai has clearly proven his ability to make a moveset out of thin air.

You can either view Smash as a celebration of gaming history, or you can say “anyone can get in as long as they function”. Personally, I’d prefer the former.

I sometimes have to remind myself that Banjo got his start in Diddy Kong Racing, and it makes me smile knowing Banjo & Kazooie are technically a sub-universe part of the Mario universe if they exist in the Donkey Kong universe, which is another sub-universe of Mario's along with Yoshi and Wario.
We need someone to map the entire interconnected “universe” that exists via cameos and crossovers, St. Elsewhere style

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Diddy Kong Racing Instructions Manual:
DsPOVylXoAENUC9.jpg

Posted it here before ,But I always get a kick out of the backstory of how their old friends from behind the scenes.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
That Conker description is sure old. I wonder if Diddy and Conker are still friends?
Well, I think Conker fell in with the wrong crowd a little after that...

So, depends on how wild Diddy is when he's abroad and away from Donkey Kong Country.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
That Conker description is sure old. I wonder if Diddy and Conker are still friends?
I would imagine that they still are and would still be happy to see each other, But I always get the vibe that they kind of lost touch over the years (Like an old friend you haven't really seen since childhood) with Conker's heavy drinking and other problems he's been battling.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
In all seriousness, can there not be any drama between Banjo and Steve fans? Steve gets bashed a lot here, and his fans are often generalized as scummy trolls which is far from the truth. But at the end of the day Banjo and Steve fans are both rooting for a character they love, characters that have different qualifications for getting in which have nothing to do with each other. I know they are technically competing with each other and some people here do not prefer Minecraft's artstyle, but can we all just chill out because sometimes when Steve is brought up it gets real negative in here, there's no need for that. I come to this site to escape real life drama and then I have to read the 1000th post about why Steve is a terrible character who wouldn't work and why Banjo is the superior choice.

P.S. I seem extremely biased here, but I am trying hard to write this from a neutral standpoint. I am a fan of both characters and would be hype to see either of them in Smash, but in the Steve thread I've never come across petty comments about Banjo like I see about Steve here...

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Their connections are one of the many reasons why Diddy needs to be in Banjo's trailer.

Has anyone brought up Banjo Codecs or Bottles Guidance because that would be awesome? It shouldn't be too hard to implement since they are not having to deal with voice actors. Just needs some of that British wit.

Last edited:

TheBeastHimself

I would imagine that they still are and would still be happy to see each other, But I always get the vibe that they kind of lost touch over the years (Like an old friend you haven't really seen since childhood) with Conker's heavy drinking and other problems he's been battling.
This is gonna be my headcanon from now on. I feel like Diddy would always be super excited to see Conker, but I don't know how Conker would feel. He doesn't really express genuine happiness around others, and the people in his life that he actually loves are very limited (Berri...)

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
In all seriousness, can there not be any drama between Banjo and Steve fans? Steve gets bashed a lot here, and his fans are often generalized as scummy trolls which is far from the truth. But at the end of the day Banjo and Steve fans are both rooting for a character they love, characters that have different qualifications for getting in which have nothing to do with each other. I know they are technically competing with each other and some people here do not prefer Minecraft's artstyle, but can we all just chill out because sometimes when Steve is brought up it gets real negative in here, there's no need for that. I come to this site to escape real life drama and then I have to read the 1000th post about why Steve is a terrible character who wouldn't work and why Banjo is the superior choice.

P.S. I seem extremely biased here, but I am trying hard to write this from a neutral standpoint. I am a fan of both characters and would be hype to see either of them in Smash, but in the Steve thread I've never come across petty comments about Banjo like I see about Steve here...
Ironically if Steve doesn't come, the bandwagon trolls will ditch their support of him and you'll just be left with the people who like him.

TheBeastHimself

Ironically if Steve doesn't come, the bandwagon trolls will ditch their support of him and you'll just be left with the people who like him.
At least then people would see the value of those fans instead of unfairly discarding them as trolls.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229

To be honest , there isn't a lot of active detractors coming into characters thread in Smashboards.

The issue is that each side feel pressured AS HELL , be it social medias or even other people who talk about Smash.
A big majority think it's going to be one or the other , not both , or not none. Considering Smash 6 will be in like.. 6 to 8 years at best , it's going to be a lot of time to wait for the one who didn't get their character(s) , not counting the fact that there could be a ton of cuts in the roster and therefore add more potentials candidates for Smash 6 DLCs.

Each side has honest reasons to support their character , bandwagonning , not playing their games , leaks or not. I myself love Minecraft as a game but would prefer BK as a playable fighter even if I didn't played their games.

I understand the point about wanting to relax , while video games can mean a ton to some people (This is the case for me) , it should also help us relax and think about something else than our daily problem and stuff. So seeing the Xth debate or "X characters supporters are horrible" can get quite frustrating.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Besides, both of them can still "lose" at the same time in the end. How would you lot take this, I ask?

Just because Steve is considered likely doesn't mean that he's immune from disconfirmation like anybody else.

Their connections are one of the many reasons why Diddy needs to be in Banjo's trailer.

Has anyone brought up Banjo Codecs or Bottles Guidance because that would be awesome? It shouldn't be too hard to implement since they are not having to deal with voice actors. Just needs some of that British wit.
Thank goodness for today's localizers being so jolly good, yes?

TheBeastHimself

To be honest , there isn't a lot of active detractors coming into characters thread in Smashboards.

The issue is that each side feel pressured AS HELL , be it social medias or even other people who talk about Smash.
A big majority think it's going to be one or the other , not both , or not none. Considering Smash 6 will be in like.. 6 to 8 years at best , it's going to be a lot of time to wait for the one who didn't get their character(s) , not counting the fact that there could be a ton of cuts in the roster and therefore add more potentials candidates for Smash 6 DLCs.

Each side has honest reasons to support their character , bandwagonning , not playing their games , leaks or not. I myself love Minecraft as a game but would prefer BK as a playable fighter even if I didn't played their games.

I understand the point about wanting to relax , while video games can mean a ton to some people (This is the case for me) , it should also help us relax and think about something else than our daily problem and stuff. So seeing the Xth debate or "X characters supporters are horrible" can get quite frustrating.
In my opinion, just because both sides feel pressured due to one available slot doesn't mean that there has to be rude comments going Steve's way 24/7. I'm not saying Steve fans are completely innocent, but regardless of what site I'm on I always see a barrage of Steve hatred coming from Banjo fans. I get it, Minecraft is a meme and it attracts a lot of trolls, but what will it take to make people actually realize that Steve is a serious choice by many? What will it take to make people realize that Minecraft is a juggernaut that easily overshadows Banjo-Kazooie as a franchise? (No disrespect to Banjo fans, but it's just the truth). I just want people to start being more mature around here because I see a lot worse things on other sites and I don't want that leaking into here. I'm sure we can all be mature enough to restrain ourselves from making a petty comment about Steve whenever he's mentioned if we tried our hardest.

(I'm really sorry if I offended anyone with this, that wasn't my intentions). Rant over.

Last edited:

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
In my opinion, just because both sides feel pressured due to one available slot doesn't mean that there has to be rude comments going Steve's way 24/7. I'm not saying Steve fans are completely innocent, but regardless of what site I'm on I always see a barrage of Steve hatred coming from Banjo fans. I get it, Minecraft is a meme and it attracts a lot of trolls, but what will it take to make people actually realize that Steve is a serious choice by many? What will it take to make people realize that Minecraft is a juggernaut that easily overshadows Banjo-Kazooie as a franchise? (No disrespect to Banjo fans, but it's just the truth). I just want people to start being more mature around here because I see a lot worse things on other sites and I don't want that leaking into here. I'm sure we can all be mature enough to restrain ourselves from making a petty comment about Steve whenever he's mentioned if we tried our hardest.

(I'm really sorry if I offended anyone with this, that wasn't my intentions). Rant over.
I think I didn't made my point clear.

Both sides are pressured as hell , hence why they act the way they do. However , I never said that it was a good behavior. I simply tried to explain why the situation between both fanbases was so tense.

Popularity and iconic status wise , Minecraft is bigger than BK , it's a fact. BK did a ton of things and is basically one of the creators of the 3D collect-a-thon , but it didn't do as much as Minecraft.

However , I truly believe that BK is more popular within the Smash fandom , not saying they are better characters than Steve , but I think more people want BK in the Smash fandom. They still are one of the oldest request who stayed like Geno or Dixie Kong.
This isn't against the Steve fandom , but it's obvious that leaks made his popularity skyrocket. Is it a bad thing ? Not really , as long as the Steve supporters are genuine and don't support him for the mere sake of "lol I was right" or "Lol BK got BTFO". It's a way like another to discover a character or show more love to him/her/it.

However , I personnaly think BK would interest me more as a fighter than Steve. But if they manage to make something cool with Steve , why not.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If Banjo gets into Smash I may try Minecraft (again, I briefly tried a demo when it first hit XB360) and I'll see what the fuss is about.

D

Deleted member

Heads up you guys. Looks like the Steve trolls are visiting this thread and screencapping us to post on 4chan.
It isn’t just 4chan...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
And I regret making that **** in the first place

Last edited by a moderator:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
It isn’t just 4chan...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
And I regret making that **** in the first place
God forbid you had a genuine change of heart lol. I suspect he wouldn't have a problem had you been a banjo fan, and then changed to steve.

T2by4

Smash Lord
God forbid you had a genuine change of heart lol. I suspect he wouldn't have a problem had you been a banjo fan, and then changed to steve.
Tbf I also ****post on both sides. I like to make fun of both banjo and steve. I am more for banjo than steve of course, but all the horrid and grotesque steve renders people post to mock everyone else is freaking hilarious with its absurdity.

Last edited:
Top Bottom