• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I have high hopes for a Microsoft-Nintendo announcement at E3. Whether it be Rare Replay, the Masterchief Collection, or any other game on the Switch, I have a good feeling the two companies will deliver. This is the closet we've ever been to getting Banjo in Smash, it's very exciting!

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I have high hopes for a Microsoft-Nintendo announcement at E3. Whether it be Rare Replay, the Masterchief Collection, or any other game on the Switch, I have a good feeling the two companies will deliver. This is the closet we've ever been to getting Banjo in Smash, it's very exciting!
I have a strong feeling Banjo & Kazooie in Smash is happening. I had this same feeling about K. Rool's chances after Ridley was revealed.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
It's hard to believe that this E3 might possibly be bigger than last year from our perspective, Smash was all the rage last year, But now that the game is released and seeing how fast Nintendo and Microsoft's partnership seems to have escalated with all the potential rumors of Microsoft exclusives being ported, Banjo-Kazooie Smash ,Rare Replay port and Xbox Live/ Game Pass probability for Switch, Maybe even Rareware games on the N64 Classic?

One things for sure is that this is going to be a very exciting and interesting E3 this year.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Just a thought, is it possible we get Brave in the 3.0 update along with Joker? It may feel early, but it is April now. The year is already a third over and we need to get out 5 by January. Both were datamined at the same time, both duckhunt and mii swordsman had that weird corruption glitch etc. There is precedence for this too. In Smash 4 Roy and Ryu were released together. I think Mewtwo and Lucas were also a dual release iirc. I don't think it is that farfetched, especially if there is a direct Thursday.

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
They take a lot of creative liberty with characters in Smash. And his lack of a jump could easily be represented by giving him a very weak air game/recovery.
Sorry but “his lack of a jump could easily be represented by allowing him to jump” is exactly what I was talking about.

No need to bend over backwards trying to justify characters that have no business in a PLATFORM fighter when there are plenty of more fitting/deserving characters to choose from... particularly mammals and birds

osby

Smash Obsessed
No need to bend over backwards trying to justify characters that have no business in a PLATFORM fighter when there are plenty of more fitting/deserving characters to choose from... particularly mammals and birds
:ultalph::ultbayonetta::ultfalcon::ultcloud::ultcorrinf::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ultike::ultincineroar::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultjigglypuff::ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultmewtwo::ultmiifighters::ultgnw::ultness::ultolimar::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultrobin::ultroy::ultchrom::ultryu::ultken::ultsheik::ultshulk::ultsnake::ultvillager::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultdarksamus:

...about that.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Sorry but “his lack of a jump could easily be represented by allowing him to jump” is exactly what I was talking about.

I mean Sakurai does bend over backwards to justify characters. That's why he shrunk Ridley and gave Piranha Plant a potted plant. A lot of characters in Smash don't make sense when compared to their source material. I just don't think something as trivial as a jump would stop Sakurai from including Captain Toad if he wanted to.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Captain Toad could work just look at sonics up B he uses a spring to jump so sakurai could do something similar for CT's standard jumps so his jumps would visably make sense

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Captain Toad could work just look at sonics up B he uses a spring to jump so sakurai could do something similar for CT's standard jumps so his jumps would visably make sense
If they made it more of a general toad they could give him the propellor suit as his up b

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I'm hoping we won't have to wait til Super Smash Bros. 6 to finally get Banjo & Kazooie into Smash... hopefully this game will be their time to shine!
Honestly I think banjo has next to no chance for the next game. 6-7 years from now, he's only going to get more irrelevant and more obscure, all while his popularity dwindles. Microsoft will probably want to push for someone like chief or a new ip they developed in that time period. And that's if ms and Nintendo still have a good relationship.

This is why a costume would be devastating. I'd hate for banjo to go out with a whimper.

Last edited:

habibyo25

Smash Rookie
Speaking of captain toad since they put piranha plant in a pot they could put captain toad in a minecart, also maybe whenever captain toad jumps his animation could be of him jumping out of a minecart, I could see Sakurai do something like that.

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
Ah man, as someone who has made hundreds of custom stages, I wanted Stage Builder more than a lot of characters. (Banjo&Kazooie not included)

I'm not sure why the whole "Minecraft Stage Builder" thing stuck with so many people. I don't think it's a possibility... I could be wrong, but isn't the Minecraft world completely devoid of anything other than perfect squares? That would mean that stage designs would be more limited than even the original Stage Builder in Brawl. No slopes (I sound like a Mario Maker fan now, lol) or curves of any kind. I can't see Sakurai taking that many steps back with a feature. And if it's merely a Minecraft "skin" or texture on top of a Smash 4 style stage creator... what's the point if it's that unfaithful to the source material?

And I think the idea is out of the running now that we've seen the icon for the mode. If it was completely centered around Minecraft, I think there would be something reflecting that. Blocky text, or a creeper or something.

Anyway, I'm just so damn happy I can make stages again. I can't wait!
My biggest hope is for fully customizable blastzones. My second most wanted feature is for multiple tracks per stage.

Last edited:

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
There’s still the rest of the day left and they might announce it the day before. It’s not like that hasn’t happened before, right?

Also, did Nintendo delete the tweet about how the Nintendo store would be closed on the 10th or something?

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
I'm still betting on the theory that we'll get a direct on the 24th or 25th. After the Persona announcements.
However,I don't think that Atlus is "holding back" or "forcing" Nintendo into this date. I'm certain that a lot of thought, planning, and collaboration goes into Directs and announcements on both Atlus and Nintendo's side. One strong-arming the other is an absurd idea to me. Why everyone is trying to make Atlus into the villain out of nowhere boggles my mind. ( this isn't directed at this thread mind you)

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Wait, how do people expect Xbox Game Pass to work on Switch? The service works more or less the same as Playstation Plus in the sense that you download a game completely to your hard drive and run it off the system. The Switch isn't going to magically be running Forza Horizon 4 or many other Xbox One titles without optimization. The only way Game Pass ends up on Switch is in a severely crippled form in which the handful of games already made for Switch (I.E. Cuphead and other indies) are somehow put on a special version of said Game Pass

The Switch CAN run 360 era titles, original Xbox era titles, and some lower-end current gen Xbox One titles, but they still require optimization and extra work, and I sincerely doubt that Microsoft or any of the third parties have the interest in taking the time and resources to make all of that happen.

Now a Switch specific port of Rare Replay or Halo could actually work (Though, again, that's a lot of work and optimization for the system. Not to mention the whole issue of cartridge space...)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Wait, how do people expect Xbox Game Pass to work on Switch? The service works more or less the same as Playstation Plus in the sense that you download a game completely to your hard drive and run it off the system. The Switch isn't going to magically be running Forza Horizon 4 or many other Xbox One titles without optimization. The only way Game Pass ends up on Switch is in a severely crippled form in which the handful of games already made for Switch (I.E. Cuphead and other indies) are somehow put on a special version of said Game Pass

The Switch CAN run 360 era titles, original Xbox era titles, and some lower-end current gen Xbox One titles, but they still require optimization and extra work, and I sincerely doubt that Microsoft or any of the third parties have the interest in taking the time and resources to make all of that happen.

Now a Switch specific port of Rare Replay or Halo could actually work (Though, again, that's a lot of work and optimization for the system. Not to mention the whole issue of cartridge space...)
They could use their new streaming thing, XCloud or whatever it was.

A stand-alone port could also happen, however.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Won't lie, I'm bummed; the prospect of a Direct was kind of getting me through the week.
So much for us thinking they would have one final send off of Reggie with a direct I suppose. I guess all we will be getting is that video he made and maybe a tweet.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
They could use their new streaming thing, XCloud or whatever it was.

A stand-alone port could also happen, however.
A cloud streaming program for games on the Switch sounds like one of the most genuinely terrible ideas for Switch if I'm being honest. It's seen limited success in Japan because of their infrastructure with regards to online, but for a lot of the States that just isn't a super feasible idea. Especially when the Switch already can struggle with Wi-Fi and you need to buy a separate adapter to establish any sort of real consistency with Switch online. Not to mention, a Cloud-based game pass would mean you couldn't really freely use your Switch to play a lot of the stuff when you're out of the house/in public/on a car ride/etc., which kind of defeats the point of having it on Switch in the first place.

Not criticizing you specifically here, I just absolutely don't see any way Game Pass works on Switch unless they've invested some serious effort into it.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
A cloud streaming program for games on the Switch sounds like one of the most genuinely terrible ideas for Switch if I'm being honest. It's seen limited success in Japan because of their infrastructure with regards to online, but for a lot of the States that just isn't a super feasible idea. Especially when the Switch already can struggle with Wi-Fi and you need to buy a separate adapter to establish any sort of real consistency with Switch online. Not to mention, a Cloud-based game pass would mean you couldn't really freely use your Switch to play a lot of the stuff when you're out of the house/in public/on a car ride/etc., which kind of defeats the point of having it on Switch in the first place.

Not criticizing you specifically here, I just absolutely don't see any way Game Pass works on Switch unless they've invested some serious effort into it.
Even then I heard reports that the lan adapter doesn't even make things that much better. It just makes things more stable.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
IDK atlus did threaten anyone who streamed persona 5 past a sertan point despite it being out in japan for like a year , so i could see them holding everything back with the logic of joker wasn't supposed to be DLC #1 or announced that early so there asking for more time to revile P5R & what not

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
IDK atlus did threaten anyone who streamed persona 5 past a sertan point despite it being out in japan for like a year , so i could see them holding everything back with the logic of joker wasn't supposed to be DLC #1 or announced that early so there asking for more time to revile P5R & what not
I mean, that's a company wrongly exercising their power over streamers who generally don't have any legal defense or mechanisms to fight back. And it's more an intimidation tactic than anything in that instance because Atlus wields power.

Atlus isn't going to wield such power over Nintendo. Nintendo might agree to revealing it when they want it, but I seriously doubt Atlus has any power to actually force Nintendo to do a damn thing.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Heads up you guys. Looks like the Steve trolls are visiting this thread and screencapping us to post on 4chan.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Heads up you guys. Looks like the Steve trolls are visiting this thread and screencapping us to post on 4chan.
4chan eh?

They make genuine Steve supporters look horrible. (Me and TheCJBrine TheCJBrine at least as far as I know)

I say we ignore them. If there’s no one to watch, then their gonna fall.

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of captain toad since they put piranha plant in a pot they could put captain toad in a minecart, also maybe whenever captain toad jumps his animation could be of him jumping out of a minecart, I could see Sakurai do something like that.
Y’know, you guys have actually convinced me. I concede. I’m not suddenly rooting for him to get in now (I feel there’s just the right number of Mario characters and Captain Toad feels like a barrel scrape), but I could see him at least working now

I'm not sure why the whole "Minecraft Stage Builder" thing stuck with so many people. I don't think it's a possibility... I could be wrong, but isn't the Minecraft world completely devoid of anything other than perfect squares? That would mean that stage designs would be more limited than even the original Stage Builder in Brawl. No slopes (I sound like a Mario Maker fan now, lol) or curves of any kind. I can't see Sakurai taking that many steps back with a feature. And if it's merely a Minecraft "skin" or texture on top of a Smash 4 style stage creator... what's the point if it's that unfaithful to the source material?

And I think the idea is out of the running now that we've seen the icon for the mode. If it was completely centered around Minecraft, I think there would be something reflecting that. Blocky text, or a creeper or something.
I never saw it as people saying “the stage builder will be entirely Minecraft themed/will work exactly like Minecraft/will fit the MC aesthetic to a tee”. The idea was that there would be some kind of Minecraft nod in the builder, like Steve being the character that does the tutorial, or there being a few MC assets or something. Of course, I think it’s safe to assume that idea is dead now.

"deserving" how do these type of arguments still exist today?:mybodyisreggie: smh.
These type of arguments still exist when we get a potted plant for DLC that nobody wanted/asked for, whose hype dies less than a month after release, while characters people beg and scream for are left hanging.

I hate viewing Smash as a meritocracy, and I’m not one of those “so and so hasn’t EARNED their inclusion!” people, but we can’t act like there have never been missteps with the roster. Corrin’s reveal was met with near-universal derision (remember that this was a character even Sakurai didn’t originally wanna put in the game), and now the character’s largely seen as a joke.

Piranha Plant as the final roster reveal before launch was initially devastating, but then actually became really hype/interesting, but that’s only because my thought process (and I feel the thought process of most) was “this is such a ridiculous nonsense pick that it’s gonna be so cool to see how the character plays/fits!”

Then Plant dropped, and IMO it was evidence of how creative Sakurai and his team are, as they took something that absolutely SHOULDN’T be a Smash character and ALMOST made it work. Keyword: almost. Notice how little people talk about Plant now.

If Plant was more hype, more popular, and maintained relevance longer, I wouldn’t be making this argument. I swear I’m not an ass about this stuff. I was heartbroken about Incineroar not only because he deconfirmed the Grinch leak, but because he seemed like a generic formality inclusion. That said, the game dropped and he won me over. I’m really not big on “DESERVING” your inclusion, but again, it’s hard to stomach the idea of less hyped/requested characters getting in sooner when we’ve seen this fail more than once.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
These type of arguments still exist when we get a potted plant for DLC that nobody wanted/asked for, whose hype dies less than a month after release, while characters people beg and scream for are left hanging.

I hate viewing Smash as a meritocracy, and I’m not one of those “so and so hasn’t EARNED their inclusion!” people, but we can’t act like there have never been missteps with the roster. Corrin’s reveal was met with near-universal derision (remember that this was a character even Sakurai didn’t originally wanna put in the game), and now the character’s largely seen as a joke.

Piranha Plant as the final roster reveal before launch was initially devastating, but then actually became really hype/interesting, but that’s only because my thought process (and I feel the thought process of most) was “this is such a ridiculous nonsense pick that it’s gonna be so cool to see how the character plays/fits!”

Then Plant dropped, and IMO it was evidence of how creative Sakurai and his team are, as they took something that absolutely SHOULDN’T be a Smash character and ALMOST made it work. Keyword: almost. Notice how little people talk about Plant now.

If Plant was more hype, more popular, and maintained relevance longer, I wouldn’t be making this argument. I swear I’m not an *** about this stuff. I was heartbroken about Incineroar not only because he deconfirmed the Grinch leak, but because he seemed like a generic formality inclusion. That said, the game dropped and he won me over. I’m really not big on “DESERVING” your inclusion, but again, it’s hard to stomach the idea of less hyped/requested characters getting in sooner when we’ve seen this fail more than once.
You know, just because "nobody asked for/wanted" a character in doesn't automatically make that character bad. Plus, people aren't talking about Piranha Plant anymore...so? He's fully functional as a character; that alone makes him "work". And that's the main thing I look for in a Smash character: whether or not they're unique/add something new to the table. That's why I have such an issue with Echo Fighters.

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
I never saw it as people saying “the stage builder will be entirely Minecraft themed/will work exactly like Minecraft/will fit the MC aesthetic to a tee”. The idea was that there would be some kind of Minecraft nod in the builder, like Steve being the character that does the tutorial, or there being a few MC assets or something. Of course, I think it’s safe to assume that idea is dead now.
I saw stage destruction (like block breaking/digging) and whatnot brought up a couple of times. Leading me to imagine perfect squares making up the stages. But now that you mention it, I'm realizing that I very rarely saw the idea elaborated on at all.

Last edited:
Top Bottom