• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Since you guys don't seem to be aware, Nintendo originally held the trademark for Banjo-Kazooie while Rare owned the DK64 new characters. As part of the buyout, the rights to these characters were swapped. That means Banjo was technically first party at the time.

If that exchange sounds imbalanced to you, remember that Nintendo was also getting $375 million as part of the deal.
Nintendo didn't get that amount. That's how much Microsoft paid for Rare in total. Nintendo owned 49%.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Hey, guys. Just out of curiosity, what characters would you say you're the best/worst at?

Mine are:

Best: King K. Rool, Ridley, and the Belmonts.
Worst: Sheik
Mine are:

Best: Mario, Pikachu, Bowser, Roy, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Shulk, Inklings. I don’t really have a main, I always play on random, but if Banjo-Kazooie finally make it in, and are hopefully really fun characters to play with, I’ll be maining them!
Worst: Also Sheik! She’s very hard to win with in this game

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Mine are:

Best: Mario, Pikachu, Bowser, Roy, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Shulk, Inklings. I don’t really have a main, I always play on random, but if Banjo-Kazooie finally make it in, and are hopefully really fun characters to play with, I’ll be maining them!
Worst: Also Sheik! She’s very hard to win with in this game
While I do have my favorites, I primarily like to play as whoever I want. I feel like I get more enjoyment out the game that way.

As for Sheik, while she's not a bad character by any means and I do enjoy playing as her, there's just something about her fighting style and specials that doesn't click with me as well as other fighters. Heck, I think Greninja is the more fun ninja to play as.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Hey, guys. Just out of curiosity, what characters would you say you're the best/worst at?

Mine are:

Best: Ridley, rool, wolf

Worst: ryu/ken. I can do inputs in fighting games no problem. But not in smash for the life of me.

I do hope Ridley gets buffed tho. He seems below average at the moment

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
While I do have my favorites, I primarily like to play as whoever I want. I feel like I get more enjoyment out the game that way.

As for Sheik, while she's not a bad character by any means and I do enjoy playing as her, there's just something about her fighting style and specials that doesn't click with me as well as other fighters. Heck, I think Greninja is the more fun ninja to play as.
You really have to be good with comboing with her to get any leeway in a battle. I've gotten very frustrated just trying to get one KO with her, when in the past it was never that bad with her.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Vergeben: I'm the most credible smash leaker

Best buy: Hold my beer

Nintendo: Lol that's cute

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Well now that we know for a fact stage builder is a thing, think it will be somehow tied to minecraft?

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Imagine if Nintendo accidentally leaks Banjo's inclusion!
I mean, stage builder is one thing but a DLC character? people would be getting fired left and right for something like that lol

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I mean, stage builder is one thing but a DLC character? people would be getting fired left and right for something like that lol
Someone probably did get fired when they renamed "Galaga Medley" to "Bloody Tears/Monster Dance" hours before the August Direct.

Would be funny but sad.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
I don’t get how a stage builder would be themed to a single franchise. Why can’t it just be like Brawl’s or Smash 4’s. Why does it have to be Minecraft related.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I don’t get how a stage builder would be themed to a single franchise. Why can’t it just be like Brawl’s or Smash 4’s. Why does it have to be Minecraft related.
it's the fact that people are wondering if the so called "minecraft content" that vergeben talked long ago could probably mean some extra themes or skins or textures for stage builder. Not that stage builder is 100% based on minecraft stuff, lol.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I'm not putting money on it happening, but it's a nice thing to speculate about. Minecraft is about creativity and creating your own world. What better way to represent that, in smash, than a stage builder?

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I am not putting stock into the minecraft content being the Stage builder, but it will be extremely funny if true. Seems something has the Steve trolls in a panic, they are getting pretty active on Gamefaqs and 4chan. I've seen people post screenshots of the discord they've organized as a spy in their ranks, pretty funny stuff. Me thinks the comments from Aubrey has them more scared than they let on.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
I'm not putting money on it happening, but it's a nice thing to speculate about. Minecraft is about creativity and creating your own world. What better way to represent that, in smash, than a stage builder?
That’s true and all, but I’m curious how they would present it. Would a Jpeg of Steve be in the corner giving you tutorials or something and would there be multiple themes for all the different biomes in Minecraft for instance. Also, I would assume the menu icon would be a block rather a simple stage icon with a pencil if it is going to be Minecraft themed.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I am expecting mii costumes tho. And you know what that means?

Dun
Dun
Dun

This could make or break us

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Now let's hope that means we will see a Direct soon enough. I mean the fact that we saw it in a commercial means it's almost finished.
Starting to think we might get something on Thursday after all. Depends on whether something's brought up tomorrow though, so we'll see…

it's the fact that people are wondering if the so called "minecraft content" that vergeben talked long ago could probably mean some extra themes or skins or textures for stage builder. Not that stage builder is 100% based on minecraft stuff, lol.
That, and Stage Builder materials in previous Smash games were dull as dirt, so anything would be a step up from those.

Last edited:

Justin Little

Smash Ace
If Stage Builder has anything to do with Minecraft, I feel this helps Steve more than it hurts him. Wouldn't be surprised if he was revealed alongside it.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
If Stage Builder has anything to do with Minecraft, I feel this helps Steve more than it hurts him. Wouldn't be surprised if he was revealed alongside it.
That's the thing tho, if it has minecraft stuff but he isn't a reveal alongside, then it's pretty much gonna be the opposite.

Also let's be honest guys, we don't want just a ported stage builder mode, we want it better and with more stuff, so minecraft stuff in it actually would help a lot in making ppl be more interested in using it. I actually think it's even a smarter move of putting minecraft content in smash in a more effective way than just having a playable character.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
Regarding stage builder itself, I think it will be like Smash 4’s just with new stuff. You might say they wouldn’t do it cause of no touch screen when docked but people said the same for Mario Maker and we got it anyway. Still, I think people will say it would be Minecraft related if they went with the block placing builder back in Brawl.

BZocky

Smash Ace
That's the thing tho, if it has minecraft stuff but he isn't a reveal alongside, then it's pretty much gonna be the opposite.
Klaptrap's assist trophy was revealed in the August 8th direct prior to the final announcement and yet that didn't stop K. Rool

Last edited:

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
I don't want a minecraft themed stage builder, i believe maybe a stage builder with elements from existing stages would be a lot better because you could create you're own stage from a area,world,or part of a scene based off of Mario,Zelda,Kirby,Fire Emblem,Sonic,etc.But if stage builder is minecraft theme(with no playable steve) then i think it would be fine for us to create our own stages based off nintendo and 3rd party series's

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

Mine are:

My Mains: King K. Rool, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Greninja.

Been using Pokemon Trainer and Incineroar a lot too lately, But I'm still in the process of trying to master them.

Worst: I mainly play to my strengths or only characters from franchises that I care about, So I would probably have to say pretty much anything with a sword on the roster.

(Highest GSP) King. K Rool 4.5 Million Range

Last edited:

Hush_

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hushhh
Switch FC
SW-7310-0229-2822
I doubt it's minecraft related. What, is Steve gonna replace sandbag in the home run contest too?

D

Deleted member

I doubt it's minecraft related. What, is Steve gonna replace sandbag in the home run contest too?
Oh that would be awesome.

No related I’m thinking it’s gonna have elements like in terrain and background choice

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Hopefully the stage builder has a theme of some sort. I hope it's not generic stone platforms in front of a generic cloudy background.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
Yes, Minecraft would provide unique and interesting terrains such as grassland and desert.

Look, I’m not bashing Minecraft at all, I just think since most of its locales are obviously based on reality the themes would still be generic like the old stage builder themes. Also, having a blocky style for every background wouldn’t be unique either if they decide to do that. I’m fully expecting generic themes and objects.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I dont get why ppl talk about being "themed" as if it would only be themed after one game, lmao. I think there could be multiple themes.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I wish nintendo would actually DO something witch crunch & other DKU characters

Was really bumbed we never got a DK64 3D for 3DS or a new attemeped at a 3D DK game, or even a "Super Mario 3D Land/World" take on the DKC games were its a 3D DK game done in a 2D style of game.

also nintendo made an oof ! nice leak nintendo (makes you wonder if we were supposed to have this info already & they had to hold it back B/C of joker being reviled early & atuse holding him back ?)

Top Bottom