• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
On the topic of such, Has anyone ever consider the idea that the Ender Dragon wouldn't work as a boss? cause i have

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Due to a total of 13 people saying so, we have decided to patch Ridley out of the game due to being too big. By popular request, he will be replaced by none other, than Randy "Macho Man" Savage. Back to you Reggie
Thank you, Reggie. This just in, we (The Reggies) are happy to announce the next installment to one of our beloved IPs.

The Legend of Reggie: Readying of the Body.

EDIT: That sounds oddly sensual.
Also I imagined Ender Dragon would've been an Echo of Rathalos.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Thank you, Reggie. This just in, we (The Reggies) are happy to announce the next installment to one of our beloved IPs.

The Legend of Reggie: Readying of the Body.

EDIT: That sounds oddly sensual.
Also I imagined Ender Dragon would've been an Echo of Rathalos.
Thats right Reggie, in this never-before seen installment you get to ready your body just like how Reggie does! Care to explain what other things you can do to ready your body, Reggie?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think anyone without an avatar to begin with now has a blank one? Weird. I also seem to have two?

Anyway, Verge got way too much **** slung at him as is. Way more than simple skepticism. I'm guessing some still don't understand the message he said about Isabelle, as he never said "she is an echo". What he said was that his source was unsure if she was an echo or not. Besides that, while he did hear a source saying no new DK characters were coming, he did not believe that, which is why he never leaked that.

As for the stuff he leaked during the previous Nintendo direct, he believed a bad source. So yeah, he definitely got that wrong. He shouldn't have went all in. He was convinced all of it was real, after all. Reality is, people can be convinced of fake stuff(who knew). Rumors are like that. I still don't think he knows anything about DLC, but he's had literally one thing wrong about it so far(and let's be honest, being wrong about what reveal is first doesn't mean a ton. Delays are too common and plans change. It doesn't mean he's wrong about a SE character coming, which was still a main thing he leaked, and I don't know if he's still sticking to Minecraft-related DLC anymore, but if so, we could easily still see that, regardless of what form it comes in. Whether it's a free patch or not). Due to this, I can't count him out. But I don't consider him very reliable like he was for base.

If he did leak Banjo, there's definitely a lot of fans who would cling to it regardless of credibility in the past or not. People have biases. It's not a thing I'd think is common for this thread, mind you, but that'd happen for any fanbase. Somebody will take it as real no matter what. It happens with all leakers and fanbases. It's a normal thing. Many believed the Shovel Knight rumor as is, after all.

Last edited:

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
Alright guys, I gotta get back and play Animal Crossing: New Leaf on my Nintendo 3ds

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It was I, Reggie, who was Verge all along. Minecraft with all a trick. A lie. I deceived you.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Forget about that hasbeen bear and bird, you know who's the real star, spread the word!

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
My body is ready for the announcement that all the rest of the DLC will be Reggie and his two Echo Fighters, Fils-a-Mech and Robot Chicken Reggie.

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I Reggie am happy to announce that Mother 3 will be localized and coming to the US soon...

Pffffffffhahaha!!! Nah I'm ****ing with ya. It's another skyrim port

D

Deleted member

Rayman será añadido a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe mañana... En forma de bebé.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Reggie’s Smash game entrance:

Reggie steps off a Wii Fit Training board and says, “My body is ready”

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
If he did leak Banjo, there's definitely a lot of fans who would cling to it regardless of credibility in the past or not. People have biases. It's not a thing I'd think is common for this thread, mind you, but that'd happen for any fanbase. Somebody will take it as real no matter what. It happens with all leakers and fanbases. It's a normal thing. Many believed the Shovel Knight rumor as is, after all.
Yeah, I feel the same way about PolarPanda and PapaGenos. What they have to say is great and everything, but I'm not gonna pretend it has any merit even though they're giving me information that would be great for me and lots of us Banjo-Kazooie fans. I'm now under the idea of not believing any leak until Sakurai comes out and officially reveal something that a leak may or may not have mentioned. The Grinch leak was an eye-opener, a lot of it seemed really convincing, but it just went to show not to believe everything you hear, especially on the Internet. I still have those leaked banner photos as a reminder to keep my expectations low, and a reminder of what could of been. When Sakurai [hopefully] officially reveals Banjo & Kazooie in Smash, then I'll believe it.

Also, side note, gotta love seeing Reggie everywhere today. It's funny, but it's also kind of a heartwarming tribute and farewell to him. He will be missed, but I'm glad he's going to have time to play more Animal Crossing!

Last edited:

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I feel the same way about PolarPanda and PapaGenos. What they have to say is great and everything, but I'm not gonna pretend it has any merit even though they're giving me information that would be great for me and lots of us Banjo-Kazooie fans. I'm now under the idea of not believing any leak until Sakurai comes out and officially reveal something that a leak may or may not have mentioned. The Grinch leak was an eye-opener, a lot of it seemed really convincing, but it just went to show not to believe everything you hear, especially on the Internet. I still have those leaked banner photos as a reminder to keep my expectations low, and a reminder of what could of been. When Sakurai [hopefully] officially reveals Banjo & Kazooie in Smash, then I'll believe it.

Also, side note, gotta love seeing Reggie everywhere today. It's funny, but it's also kind of a heartwarming tribute and farewell to him. He will be missed, but I'm glad he's going to have time to play more Animal Crossing!
Good morning, Reggies! Are you having a Reggieful day? I know Reggie is! And Reggie Reggie might try Reggie Reggie, Reggie Reggie Reggie REGgie. REGGIE

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
My body was not ready for this change. Luckily, I'm now Reggie, and it's not my problem. :chuckle:

I've always been under the idea of not truly believing a rumor until something is officially revealed. That being said, when you're in the 75% certainty range, it's hard not to believe it on some, deep, reptilian-brain level. Like the idea of Microsoft even being in Smash at all. There's so much smoke, it feels like there should be fire, but it could wind up simply being smoke with nothing there. Which is why even acknowledging that, it would still be surprising if it didn't happen.

But none of that matters since I'm Reggie, and I know all the answers. Of course, I could tell you, but then I'd have to disintegrate you with my laser eyes.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
What's been going on my follow Banjo-Roos. Could you guys give me the lowdown on what's been going on in the past 2 weeks since I left?

Edit: Why Is the title for the thread mixed up with the title for the Rayman thread?

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
What's been going on my follow Banjo-Roos. Could you guys give me the lowdown on what's been going on in the past 2 weeks since I left?

Edit: Why Is the title for the thread mixed up with the title for the Rayman thread?
We are now the Rayman thread. Here we discuss the limbless wonder getting into Smash!

B6587530-DF54-4BD3-9538-0299E9C0FEC5.jpeg

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Clearly our avatars signal the start of the convergence. With this now officially becoming the Rayman thread, our worlds are starting to mix and collide.

By the end of the day we as users and all threads will be assimilated under the Reggie consciousness. All support threads will be Reggie, all discussions will be about Reggie’s wonderful personality...all will be Reggie...

Are your bodies “Reggie?”

habibyo25

Smash Rookie
Wait..... I can be Reggie too? This april fools day has been very enlightening. Anyone can be Reggie!

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
We are now the Rayman thread. Here we discuss the limbless wonder getting into Smash!

In regards of Rayman is is a shame that he was shoved into the Spirit bin. For the longest time he was the Ubisoft icon until the rabbids came along. As my final act I, Reggie, do decree that Rayman be recognized as a proper icon in the gaming world.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
>Yooka-Laylee's N64 mode releases today
I can't tell if I should feel sorry for them, since some people could think this actually isn't real.

Also, who's the jokester that swapped threads with the Rayman one? It makes searches confusing.

Hey, did you all see the short Nintendo Direct this morning?! We're getting Ocarina of Time ported to Switch, along with a couple other things.
https://youtu.be/OpOkr0bTSwQ
:rotfl:

Tip of the hat to this one. Bonus points for mentioning Clayfighter. And yet still no sign of Super Mario 3D World, some advertising this is.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Hello everyone. Reggie here. While I may be retiring as president of Nintendo of America, I have one last announcement to make before I go. Your everyday life was actually a simulation developed by Masahiro Sakurai all along. Banjo, Steve, Joker, and You are all Nintendo characters. And you will all be joining Super Smash Brothers Ultimate. Don't get too excited, now, because I'm joining the battle too. Look around you. You are already surrounded by Reggies. You can run, but you can't hide. Thank you for listening to this Nintendo Direct.

D

Deleted member

“Hello Nintendo fans it’s me Reggie. Now before I retire I would like to reveal the Microsoft rep to all of you. A lot of you may have been expecting banjo or Steve but it’s actualy clippy. That’s right! Clippy the paper clip will join the battle as a new fighter! I hope you’re all excited for him!

And to those who wanted steve...I’m sorry but someone deconfirmed him”
41147278-6318-449E-A840-42CBF76E8492.jpeg

9CB9B41A-CD6B-49E1-9D1B-5F369B48505D.jpeg

Is this a deconfirm?

Mr. Trumo

Smash Apprentice
On the topic of such, Has anyone ever consider the idea that the Ender Dragon wouldn't work as a boss? cause i have
Honestly, I think The Wither would be a better fit for a Minecraft boss. We already have a dragon boss. An Ender Dragon fight would feel too similar to Rathalos. :/

hey look at me on my ds :)

Last edited:

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
I don't think P5 is coming to Switch any time soon, and I don't think he's an advertisement in that sense.

I'm starting to think that Nintendo went to various companies in this DLC and worked with them on selecting a character that both would like to see in Smash in an attempt to strengthen their working relationships. Atlus worked closely with Nintendo on SMTxFE.

If my theory holds true, you could quite easily see characters from Ubisoft, Microsoft, Bethesda and Koei Tecmo.

Not to derail, but this is why Rayman not being in Ultimate makes ZERO sense to me. Ubisoft wanted him in Smash previously IIRC, there’s huge fan demand, and Nintendo is pretty much butt buddies with Ubisoft at this point

Top Bottom