• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Got an 'infraction' for my post cos it was 'trolling'.

I'm not trolling, it's blatantly obvious and true. I'm just stating facts.
If you have a grievance with an infraction you received you're more than welcome to appeal that in a PM.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Funny how that "leak" has nothing that interests me besides Banjo and yet I'd still love it...

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I’d be down for Chrono just like I’d be down for Erdrick as they represent that early 90s relationship between Nintendo and Square. But Banjo would be the only one to get me hyped.

I guess I would be a little excited for the Digimon rep just for Graizen Graizen

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I don't believe that leak BUT i wouldn't be at all opposed to it, Agumon is my favorite Digimon so I'd be down for that absolutely, Banjo of course, Chrono is cool though I only played Chronotrigger very briefly as a kid so I don't have a strong attachment to the series however seeing old characters like that come back is always awesome. I have zero clue who the girl is...

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I have zero clue who the girl is...
The girl is Reimu who is pretty much the face of shoot 'em ups in Japan. She is huge in Japan, like Mario huge over there. She came from the series the Touhou Project which, has sold more copies of games over there than even Mario.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I don't believe that leak BUT i wouldn't be at all opposed to it, Agumon is my favorite Digimon so I'd be down for that absolutely, Banjo of course, Chrono is cool though I only played Chronotrigger very briefly as a kid so I don't have a strong attachment to the series however seeing old characters like that come back is always awesome. I have zero clue who the girl is...
To answer on who the girl is...
E75EFE52-F799-47D7-8A3D-C1F3A636D467.png

She is widely considered the main protagonist of Touhou Project, a series of “bullet hell” doujinshi (Japanese indie) games. The series is incredibly popular there yet rather unknown elsewhere.

Graizen

Smash Champion
I’d be down for Chrono just like I’d be down for Erdrick as they represent that early 90s relationship between Nintendo and Square. But Banjo would be the only one to get me hyped.

I guess I would be a little excited for the Digimon rep just for Graizen Graizen
I would be hyped for everyone!

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Are we dealing with a case of Smashboards identity theft or potentially exposing the obvious? To be fair, any text leaks that have Agumon in it could've just been posted by a random Agumon supporter or a fan of Digimon that isn't Graizen, especially if someone posted a fake leak anonymously on /v/.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It's always been pretty pathetic to try to boost a character's stock in the Smash community through fake leaks. (Not talking specifically about the Agumon accusation).

But it plays right into what I've been saying about Smash fans for the longest time, a lot of them are extremely fickle and they'll back ANYTHING they perceive to be likely.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m Still holding in banjo being brave

Last edited by a moderator:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Had no clue who Reimu was but if she is incredibly popular over in Japan and pretty much the face of the 'bullet hell' genre, combined with the hopeful possibility that Banjo & Kazooie are one of the fighter packs, AND Crono/Chrono from Chrono Trigger being included as well (being a character/game I REALLY wanted to be represented in some form in Smash way more than Final Fantasy even), then I'd be totally down with this leak honestly.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I still think the Duck Hunt issues abd the Brave data are the best clues to use to whoever is the next character and it all fits for Banjo better than anyone else except Erdrick due to the name, but after the last direct, I’d say it is 50-50 either way now

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
This new tech jargon leak is no different than all the other text leaks. Unless someone else can replicate
it, we wont really know how credible they are until we find out who the next pack will feature. If it is real though I'd be all in for it. I couldn't care less about Reimu and Joker is meh to me, but to get Chrono, Agumon and our duo would make it a good challenger pack for me.

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
I hate to be the one to say it, especially for the love of my B-K, but after thinking about it for some time, this leak seems to me like it's more taunting than anything. It's almost like some troll out there picked 4 characters they were certain could never happen just to see the reaction they'd get and laugh to themselves in private. I know I shouldn't be so pessimistic but this exact behavior takes place so often anymore. It's really disheartening.

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
If Grazien says he didn’t do it, then move on. From the title of this thread, it looks like the topic should be concerning B&K, not Digimon or Grazien’s superfan status of them.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Depends on what they mean by a dead game. A series or a particular game itself? If the former, it could be a revival to anything from F Zero to Banjo Threeie [guh huh]. If the later, Scalebound could maybe happen, but I also think Mega Man Legends 3 could be a likely culprit.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
I muuuuuuuch rather get Mega man legends 3. It also helps that Capcom producer Jun Takeuchi teased in December that they are working on a title that will make fans go like "wow they are making that game?" (producer's words, btw).

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I hope this scalebound rumor is true. Not only because it looks like an amazing game, but that would tell how buddy buddy Nintendo and Microsoft really are.

An cancelled Xbox exclusive being revived as a switch exclusive...

That'd be like if a Microsoft character was in smash bros.....

Last edited:

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
Man, we just can't be rid of rumors, can we? I guess they're here to stay, for better and worse.

The Scalebound rumor seems to be according to Nintendo-Insider based on their own "sources." I don't know how credible N-I is, but taking their words at face value would basically be the same thing as taking any Smash leaker's word at face value, so... make of that what you will.

I'd be excited for Scalebound coming to Switch if it's true, though. It'd be pretty crazy if a game once meant to be an Xbox exclusive got cancelled, then later got revived as a Switch exclusive instead. I can see it happening- Platinum is making both Bayonetta 3 and Astral Chain exclusively for Switch, so they and Nintendo most likely have a pretty good working relationship at this point.

It's interesting how so many things have been happening that seemingly point to Nintendo and Microsoft being real chummy with each other. Hopefully a lot more comes out of this détente, so to speak.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Having to wait till E3 to find out is going to be a pain. When the 2nd DLC character might not be announced till around March or around when Joker releases.

Top Bottom