• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Wouldn't even be mad about Edel, since at least she has other weapons than a sword. If she doesn't use those, then I can fully blame IS somehow. And at least she's not Katalina, so people at the general won't be lusting again anytime soon.

Crono or Neku would be nice, lord knows how long their fans have been waiting. And you can still do Goku jokes with the former. Although I can't help but think the SE character could be a curveball that's not expected at all. Like Bub or a Space Invader.

Sylux? I'd be content with the Metroid characters the minute he gets in, a full clean sweep of the wants for that series. Feels good.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I honestly don't buy this at all. Everything in this leak is just piggybacking on everything that has been revealed lately.

-The presumed Square Enix rep is based from the codename Brave discussion.
-Banjo as the Microsoft rep is piggybacking from Indie's tweet from yesterday.
-Edelgard because her voice actress announced today that she has a voicing project coming soon which could always end up being for FE Three Houses or a different character.
-Sylux has been on everyone's radar just because he's not a spirit.
That list actually predated Joker's reveal.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I refuse to believe anything until I see something concrete from Nintendo and Microsoft about the bear and bird's fate. I was severely burned at the VGAs after getting so hyped up at the possibility of them being revealed on their 20th anniversary in Japan! So I'm looking at all this with intrigue, but skepticism at the same time. I just can't be hurt again. I don't think I could take it. Especially if this is their legit last chance at returning to the spotlight after years of hibernation.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
As for me, I want Direct news, I want AT LEAST ONE character revealed so that everyone can stop going around in circles, we're like hamsters at this point. No one can grasp the SE character in particular, if it's even in to begin with.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a Direct announcement today, the goalpost may be moved to next week at the earliest, Summer at the latest.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Wouldn't even be mad about Edel, since at least she has other weapons than a sword. If she doesn't use those, then I can fully blame IS somehow. And at least she's not Katalina, so people at the general won't be lusting again anytime soon.
You assume that Three Houses has no dumb sexual gimmicks like Fates' skinship. And even if it doesn't, just wait until the inevitable summer outfit rolls around in Fire Emblem Heroes.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
You assume that Three Houses has no dumb sexual gimmicks like Fates' skinship. And even if it doesn't, just wait until the inevitable summer outfit rolls around in Fire Emblem Heroes.
Yes, but I don't recall things like that having caused a reaction of the level that Katalina did the minute people found out she had a bikini. People in the general thread acted like it was the first time they saw exposed skin in their lives. Edel will probably be less stacked, but that's besides the point.

And even if people will lust once fanservice stuff happens anyway, at least they'll be familiarised with Edel enough before that point, so it's not like being okay with a character from a Japan-only mobile game despite not being confirmed for Smash in the slightest.

Anyway, one thing for sure is, if Banjo is planned to be revealed, it won't be as the second spot in the pass, so it would have to be saved for Microsoft's conference at E3. A Direct isn't widespread enough to leave a big impression everywhere.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Let's not forget one thing: it's also likely that neither Steve nor Banjo could get in and we get a third (hah) party like Rash instead.

Or nothing at all besides spirits...
I know a new Battletoads is coming out this year, but there is no way Microsoft and Nintendo will choose Rash over Steve or Banjo & Kazooie.

Let's not forget Nintendo traded Banjo and Kazooie for some Donkey Kong characters they never did anything with. Nintendo fully-owned Banjo Kazooie they could have kept them.
You're talking about the 64 Kongs Lanky, Tiny and Chunky? That is true that Nintendo never did anything with them besides appearing in a couple of spin offs on the Wii years after the buyout. But we wouldn't have DK64 on the VC if Nintendo didn't have the rights to them. But than again, there is that Atari Jetpac game in DK64 that Rare and Microsoft owns so they would have to get Microsoft's permission to release DK64 on the VC because of the Jetpac game. Now that I think about it... it didn't make that much of a difference so Nintendo should have just kept Banjo & Kazooie because DK64 and Diddy Kong Racing still have limbo licensing issues in this timeline.

Anyway, one thing for sure is, if Banjo is planned to be revealed, it won't be as the second spot in the pass, so it would have to be saved for Microsoft's conference at E3. A Direct isn't widespread enough to leave a big impression everywhere.
If Banjo & Kazooie are in, they're either going to be announced at E3 or they will be the last fighter revealed for the Season Pass I guarantee. Also, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that Banjo & Kazooie would be announced after E3 because Cloud was announced in November when they revealed him for Smash 4's DLC. Nobody believed Cloud would ever make it, but for anybody that probably did think so, I would assume they would believe Cloud would be announced at E3 because of how big of a gaming icon he is.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
I know a new Battletoads is coming out this year, but there is no way Microsoft and Nintendo will choose Rash over Steve or Banjo & Kazooie.

You're talking about the 64 Kongs Lanky, Tiny and Chunky? That is true that Nintendo never did anything with them besides appearing in a couple of spin offs on the Wii years after the buyout. But we wouldn't have DK64 on the VC if Nintendo didn't have the rights to them. But than again, there is that Atari Jetpac game in DK64 that Rare and Microsoft owns so they would have to get Microsoft's permission to release DK64 on the VC because of the Jetpac game. Now that I think about it... it didn't make that much of a difference so Nintendo should have just kept Banjo & Kazooie because DK64 and Diddy Kong Racing still have limbo licensing issues in this timeline.

If Banjo & Kazooie are in, they're either going to be announced at E3 or they will be the last fighter revealed for the Season Pass I guarantee. Also, it wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility that Banjo & Kazooie would be announced after E3 because Cloud was announced in November when they revealed him for Smash 4's DLC. Nobody believed Cloud would ever make it, but for anybody that probably did think so, I would assume they would believe Cloud would be announced at E3 because of how big of a gaming icon he is.
Until we get another announcement we can only predict when the next reveal will drop. Based on how Joker was revealed I can bet that Saks wants to make the reveals themed. People always use the excuse that a Smash DLC reveal MUST be tied to a new game, but I have yet to see anything confirming Persona coming to the Switch in Jokers case. E3 would honestly be the best time to drop a B-K reveal since Sony dropped out, leaving Nintendo and Microsoft to dominate the stage. With how friendly they are these days a BK reveal would be the perfect way to show their new found friendship considering the harsh life the Banjo-Kazooie IP is known for.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Did Nintendo ever reveal why they sold Rare to Microsoft? I'm wondering if they needed the money, or if they just wanted to money.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Did Nintendo ever reveal why they sold Rare to Microsoft? I'm wondering if they needed the money, or if they just wanted to money.
Nintendo and Rare were partners and Nintendo owned some of Rare's properties during their partnership. I think Rare was losing money and they couldn't continue any longer as a 2nd party developer unless somebody bought them. Nintendo could have bought Rare, but for some reason, they didn't. Microsoft and Activision came to the table to buy Rare during the buyout, and as history goes, Microsoft got them.

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Nintendo and Rare were partners and Nintendo owned some of Rare properties during their partnership. I think Rare was losing money and they couldn't continue any longer as a 2nd party developer unless somebody bought them. Nintendo could have bought Rare, but for some reason, they didn't. Microsoft and Activision came to the table to buy Rare during the buyout, and as history goes, Microsoft got them.
I thought I remember reading that Rare even went to Nintendo first asking them to buy them but Nintendo declined and that's when Microsoft swooped in, I don't know if that's actually the case or not though.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Everytime rare made a game or needed money nintendo would help but would buy more shares of the company to the point where nintendo almost completly owned them so the owners of rare didn't like that so they just sold it insted. thinking nintendo would just buy them up but instead nintendo didn't buy them activition & M$ where battleing it out for rare & M$ won thinking they now own DK but were wrong lol

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Cannot say I don't miss Banjo, but I'm still skeptical about Microsoft's willingness as so far they're more likely keeping Banjo exclusive to their platforms. Wish that I'm proven wrong.

Let's not forget Nintendo traded Banjo and Kazooie for some Donkey Kong characters they never did anything with. Nintendo fully-owned Banjo Kazooie they could have kept them.
Rather reminds me of the fate of the rest of Diddy Kong Racing characters.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Well banjo is a skin in minecraft on the switch already & rare have said that banjo being in minecraft is canon so I guess it takes place after N&B & S&SASR :p

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I thought I remember reading that Rare even went to Nintendo first asking them to buy them but Nintendo declined and that's when Microsoft swooped in, I don't know if that's actually the case or not though.
Yeah, I think you're right. The employees at Rare wanted Nintendo to buy the company not the corporate executives I believe.

Everytime rare made a game or needed money nintendo would help but would buy more shares of the company to the point where nintendo almost completly owned them so the owners of rare didn't like that so they just sold it insted. thinking nintendo would just buy them up but instead nintendo didn't buy them activition & M$ where battleing it out for rare & M$ won thinking they now own DK but were wrong lol
The Microsoft employees thought they owned DK, not the company.

Cannot say I don't miss Banjo, but I'm still skeptical about Microsoft's willingness as so far they're more likely keeping Banjo exclusive to their platforms. Wish that I'm proven wrong.

Rather reminds me of the fate of the rest of Diddy Kong Racing characters.
I mean there were 2 Banjo games on GBA after the buyout. And really only one Banjo game on Xbox if you don’t count Rare Replay. So it’s not out of the question

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Well banjo is a skin in minecraft on the switch already & rare have said that banjo being in minecraft is canon so I guess it takes place after N&B & S&SASR :p
proof that Banjo and Steve are friends.

maybe Kazooie is Steve's friend as well but I see her as treating him like she treats Bottles and nearly everyone else.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

In any case, they did manage to have spirits of the 64 Kongs in Ultimate, so who really knows what's up until Retro's allowed to do anything with them?

In regards to possible announcement timing, your reasoning makes sense, especially since B-K wouldn't interest the mainstream gamers at E3 that much.

This is the first time I think every day I wake up. I no longer remember how watching a Direct feels like.
At this point even the lamer announcements would excite me.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Well with Xbox Live on switch it looks good for banjo & they have to be making a deal to put rare games on the N64 classic

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I think Banjo would be one of the few characters Microsoft wouldn't mind going cross-platform with. Considering how they even know the character was on another platform before and people still think of him as a Nintendo character. There is also the fact the GBA games exist.

Last edited:

ccllr

Smash Cadet
At this point Nintendo and Microsoft should partner to make business. Nintendo sucks at hardware and online infrastructuring and Microsoft is just not popular outside America. They have been making winks at each other for a couple of months, so let's hope they are planning something. They are not.

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
At this point Nintendo and Microsoft should partner to make business. Nintendo sucks at hardware and online infrastructuring and Microsoft is just not popular outside America. They have been making winks at each other for a couple of months, so let's hope they are planning something. They are not.
I wouldn't be opposed to them helping Nintendo with hardware and software engineering and online infrastructure for their next console. With the lack of exclusives, I wonder why they don't just do that. Drop the console and just work with Sony and Nintendo. They can keep supporting PC gaming too of course.

Last edited:

Up0n

Smash Cadet
Been a huge supporter of having Banjo-Kazooie in any form of smash; i use to play this game growing up as a kid :S

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
With the lack of exclusives, I wonder why they don't just do that. Drop the console and just work with Sony and Nintendo. They can keep supporting PC gaming too of course.
Excellent question. Maybe they want to avoid letting a new company seize their spot in the console war? Or the fact that having only two dedicated console makers left would cause huge ramifications.

There's probably some legal nonsense involved.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Every time Nintendo does work with another company to make a console it didn't work out well.
See:
-Philips
-Sony
They might be cautious about the idea.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
JUST BUY RARE OR THERE IP's back nintendo I don't just want more banjo games I want banjo in mario kart, party & sports games SOOOOO BADLY !!

D

Deleted member

Here are the others:
Best Case: Banjo is in
Middle case: Steve with banjo alt
Worse: Steve with Banjo spirit
Worst: Neither or
God case: both banjo and Steve get in because m$ wants all dat moola and Sony remains stupid

It’s been a while since I was here

Last edited by a moderator:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
God case: both banjo and Steve get in because m$ wants all dat moola and Sony remains stupid

It’s been a while since I was here
Sometimes I forget Steve actually has fans, but then I remember that they're just not old enough to have Smashboards accounts. :troll:

Ah whoops so much for the peace. :x

Top Bottom