• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice

So yeah right around the 25-30 min mark he starts talking about his "source" and it gives me hope.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
It really makes the most sense to make a Steve a Mii costume. He could even have a diamond sword and Block gun. He is probably one of the few big characters out there who would be well represented as a Mii Costume as well.

Oh and happy 5,700 posts by the way Banjo-Roos.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
As much as I would like for Nintendo to buy the IP, It wouldn't make much sense when they can just use a bigger IP like Mario and Donkey Kong to fill in that void seeing how Mario & DK is Nintendo's big 1-2 punch for Platformers.

I have no doubt that Nintendo can nail the gamplay for Banjo-Kazooie, But a big part of BK is it's snarky sense of humor, dialogue banter and innuendos which is essential and part of what makes the series so great and that's the main thing I don't have confidence Nintendo's internal teams can do justice on that department, I love Mario, But it normally plays it safe with generic, more bland friendlier humor.

Mario's humor/comedy is more rated E/G.

Banjo-Kazooie's humor/comedy is more rated E 10+/ PG.
Maybe they can work with another studio, like they done with Kid Icarus: Uprising?

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
The best case scenario for Banjo is for Nintendo to buy both the franchise and Playtonic and license Banjo out to them

JonSmash

Smash Ace
yeah steve & minecraft are known for skins so steve being a mii costume would make sense to me

osby

Smash Obsessed
yeah steve & minecraft are known for skins so steve being a mii costume would make sense to me
Looking to previous Mii costumes, it's not even remotely close to how they are chosen.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
The best case scenario for Banjo is for Nintendo to buy both the franchise and Playtonic and license Banjo out to them
Playtonic is a no brainer, Who else is more qualified than most of the original team that created Banjo-Kazooie ?

My only worry and problem with Playtonic is that they are a small team and don't really have the man power to work on a big budget platformer unless they expand. Which I heard they are kind of against.

My next best choice would be Retro Studios the developers of the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Modern Donkey Kong Country Series, They revived both Metroid and Donkey Kong, I would bet they could do the same for the Banjo-Kazooie franchise.

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
It really makes the most sense to make a Steve a Mii costume. He could even have a diamond sword and Block gun. He is probably one of the few big characters out there who would be well represented as a Mii Costume as well.

Oh and happy 5,700 posts by the way Banjo-Roos.
Honestly, I think a Mii costume may be weird. It would look weird with the complex animations of the Miis. I feel like Minecraft is big enough that they would just make a proper character instead. And let's not forget, Sakurai himself loves Minecraft.

I don't want Steve as a playable character, but I'll admit a Minecraft stage would be amazing. Steve in the background, building and changing the layout. Creepers coming and exploding, destroying what Steve builds and damaging players. Endermen randomly popping up, etc...

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I’ll just leave these here for you
:ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultpit::ultrob::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultduckhunt::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultkrool:
Reread my post carefully, I wasn't referring to whether or not they'd be used in Smash. I was referring to whether or not they'd want to BUY the series outright. Those characters being in Smash Bros has absolutely zero, zilch, nada, nothing to do with Nintendo's IP purchasing habits. Even if Banjo landed in Smash, they probably wouldnt buy the IP, that was my point.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Reread my post carefully, I wasn't referring to whether or not they'd be used in Smash. I was referring to whether or not they'd want to BUY the series outright. Those characters being in Smash Bros has absolutely zero, zilch, nada, nothing to do with Nintendo's IP purchasing habits. Even if Banjo landed in Smash, they probably wouldnt buy the IP, that was my point.
I reread your response from earlier then saw his reply and didn't really get it either.

Last edited:

HotelSoapy!

Smash Apprentice
Banjo is my most wanted and the only one I cared about of the Grinch leak. Hoping he gets in DLC.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
tbh one thing that does give me hope is that anytime I see people speculating DLC, I almost always see Banjo Kazooie in there. I sometimes hear that Banjo isn't popular enough for smash or that he doesn't have a big enough following, but maybe he does and that following just isn't that vocal/isn't actively campaigning. Banjo does dominate the fan polls after all, moreso than any supposed "dead game" character should. If Banjo does as well in a Smash Ballot 2 as he does in the fan polls, that might be enough to get noticed by Nintendo.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Playtonic is a no brainer, Who else is more qualified than most of the original team that created Banjo-Kazooie ?
My only worry and problem with Playtonic is that they are a small team and don't really have the man power to work on a big budget platformer unless they expand. Which I heard they are kind of against.
My next best choice would be Retro Studios the developers of the Metroid Prime Trilogy and Modern Donkey Kong Country Series, They revived both Metroid and Donkey Kong, I would bet they could do the same for the Banjo-Kazooie franchise.
Playtonic have shown that they don't have the manpower to properly handle the scale of modern open world games but perhaps they could oversee Retro Studios and lend their creative input?

osby

Smash Obsessed
tbh one thing that does give me hope is that anytime I see people speculating DLC, I almost always see Banjo Kazooie in there. I sometimes hear that Banjo isn't popular enough for smash or that he doesn't have a big enough following, but maybe he does and that following just isn't that vocal/isn't actively campaigning. Banjo does dominate the fan polls after all, moreso than any supposed "dead game" character should. If Banjo does as well in a Smash Ballot 2 as he does in the fan polls, that might be enough to get noticed by Nintendo.
There is no Smash Ballot 2.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yeah, gotta agree with you, especially on the first point. Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt Duo, Mr. Game & Watch, & R.O.B. were all WTF characters that represented various parts of Nintendo's history. I also saw them as kind of blank slates you could project ideas off of them with. If the Grinch leak had turned out to be true, Chorus Kids would have been an EXCELLENT WTF character slot and Mach Rider would've been our Retro newcomer. Instead, we got a generic Mario baddie, and one that no one would've thought of because it didn't make any lick of sense. They are stationary obstacles even more than they are enemies. I'm still gonna get it, especially since its free and it might actually be fun to play as, but when characters like Issac, Bandanna Waddle Dee, Shadow, Waluigi, Skull Kid, and Spring Man get deconfirmed as playable characters while a Piranha Plant, something so generic and bizarre of a choice, it's no wonder people got so disappointed. I'd personally rather see a Toad or Goomba be a playable character. At least they can actually move around and have enough history and personality to work. I do like the history behind its moves, like the little Ptooie spike ball move and the forward smash being the spiked Piranha Plants from Super Mario Galaxy 2. But hell, Petey Piranha should've been the playable character instead of a Final Smash. This is literally the first character in Smash history that makes 100% no sense being a playable character. And it was shown at such an inopportune time after so many fan favorites got deconfirmed.
The only generic Mario baddie I have any attachment to as a potential fighter is Shy Guy but I won't argue with your assessment of the Piranha Plant's moveset. I just wish that creative passion had gone into someone more inherently interesting. Especially, as you say, after they deconfirmed so many better final character choices.

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
shadowDLC.jpg
We Banjo fans need to step up are game Isaac & Shadow fans are really campainging for them to be DLC even tho they are ATs right now & sending it straight to sakurai, Isaac has a petition with over 800 signatures so far. I say we do the same & also help them out too lets all work together

there even making cool DLC art and stuff any banjo fans who can do that ?

Yeah I always thought shy guy would make a good Yoshi rep. shy guys dress up & do so much. the only normal bad guy I'd want wish we got king boo for a luigi bad guy instead

Last edited:

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
I sometimes hear that Banjo isn't popular enough for smash or that he doesn't have a big enough following, but maybe he does and that following just isn't that vocal/isn't actively campaigning.
Honestly, I thought it'd be a good idea for the community to make some campaign to promote B&K, and get it viral somehow. I don't mean stuff like a change.org or something like that, I mean more like a funny meme or something that eventually gets track. But I guess it'd need someone very influential to start it. Like JonTron or something.

Playtonic have shown that they don't have the manpower to properly handle the scale of modern open world games but perhaps they could oversee Retro Studios and lend their creative input?
I don't know what Nintendo team made Mario Odyssey, but if we're daydreaming, I'd love a Banjo Threeie game from them. The amount of care, polish and detail in that game is amazing. They'd just need to leave the writing to the original creators.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I kinda get the feeling grant kirkhope knows somthing like when asked about banjo in smash he says flat out nope no chance! maybe he has some Idea that it isn't happaning & is trying to get everyones hopes down to deal with the reality of it not happaning. like it was banjo's 20th anniversary & what did we get other then some merch ? even after yookalaylee's campaing succsess crash & spyro's revivel mario oddessys sucsess the ballot campaing

we didn't get banjo in smash, a new banjo game or even remakes WE GOT JACK ! a sea of boredomes shirt a plush that looks nothing like banjo a actually cool totaku figure & an overpriced banjo statue that no one can actually afford !

Unless your game is a FPS or a battle royal (or minecraft) that can milk the consumers wallets like cattle this indestry don't care about you ! this indestry I HATE WHAT ITS HAS BECOME ! We will barely own games in the future when its all digetal its like we went back in time with arcade machines only isted of the store bying the arcade machine we have to buy it & the game & keep puting $$$ over & over again B/4 the next game comes out next year :/
(We'll as salty as I am at least sakurai adds value to smash with all his work even if I dissagree with some choices)

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
We Banjo fans need to step up are game Isaac & Shadow fans are really campainging for them to be DLC even tho they are ATs right now & sending it straight to sakurai, Isaac has a petition with over 800 signatures so far. I say we do the same & also help them out too lets all work together
On the Discord we're currently in the beginning stages of planning a big "Second Wind" push movement

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
View attachment 175640We Banjo fans need to step up are game Isaac & Shadow fans are really campainging for them to be DLC even tho they are ATs right now & sending it straight to sakurai, Isaac has a petition with over 800 signatures so far. I say we do the same & also help them out too lets all work together

there even making cool DLC art and stuff any banjo fans who can do that ?

Yeah I always thought shy guy would make a good Yoshi rep. shy guys dress up & do so much. the only normal bad guy I'd want wish we got king boo for a luigi bad guy instead
I doubt Shadow has a chance, If he were to get in he would likely be a echo or semi clone at best and Sakurai said that all DLC would be new original fighters from scratch so no echoes.

Not that it can't happen, But I doubt they would showcase significant assist trophies with screen time like during the direct say all assist trophies have been reveal only to turn back and say "On second thought never mind"

I don't see the Smash team making 3d models of characters with a few attacks stopping there in the base then adding them as DLC, Then they would of just finished the job and added them in the 1st place.

I personally see the final slots going to mostly major 3rd party characters (Main Characters) and hopefully Banjo-Kazooie is one of them.

Last edited:

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
been meaning to make a discord I'll join as soon as I can find the time to make one :D

OK I made a discord no idea what i'm doing of how it works but I'll always support banjo for smash ! :D

PS: Sakurai added Pirahna Plant to plug up leaky pipes

Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
Greeting Banjobros, keep hanging in there. Rooting for you guys in DLC. Show Steve what the fans really want! Banjo all the way!

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
I doubt Shadow has a chance, If he were to get in he would likely be a echo or semi clone at best and Sakurai said that all DLC would be new original fighters from scratch so no echoes.

Not that it can't happen, But I doubt they would showcase significant assist trophies with screen time like during the direct say all assist trophies have been reveal only to turn back and say "On second thought never mind"

I don't see the Smash team making 3d models of characters with a few attacks stopping there in the base then adding them as DLC, Then they would of just finished the job and added them in the 1st place.

I personally see the final slots going to mostly major 3rd party characters (Main Characters) and hopefully Banjo-Kazooie is one of them.
Sakurai said that the fighters are already decided so campaigning for shadow won't do squat

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Sakurai said that the fighters are already decided so campaigning for shadow won't do squat
Exactly, The way I see it, An Assist Trophy is pretty much guranteed death sentence because Sakurai said that even though development for DLC fighters hasn't started yet, Apparently the base roster and DLC choices have already been decided by (2015) which is pretty much shows why Rex/Pyra (Xenoblade 2 2017) and Spring Man (Arms 2017) didn't make the cut as fighters, But still made it in as last minute cameos.

Last edited:

Smash Bro 25

Smash Rookie
Hi everybody, this is my first time posting in this forum. I've been a smash player since N64 and always wanted Banjo Kazooie in the game.
I feel like this is the right time to support the Banjo movement, after being silent all these years and having lost all hope.
Maybe the characters are already decided, but it's NOW or NEVER for the bear and the bird.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I feel like if we do get steve in smash as DLC I will boycott it at least until we get banjo, don't give M$ or nintendo $ for not listing to fans sure some poeple want steve & good for them they can buy him but steve was NO WHERE NEAR ! popular amung smash players compaired to banjo ! (or other fighters)

I'm not being toxic steve fans can have if it happens BUT we would NEED to speak with are wallets B/C at that point phil would of lied to us & strung us along all to get some sea of snore promotions & covrege as thats almost all rare did during banjo's 20th annaversary THE ONE AMAZING COOL THING THEY COULD OF DONE ABOVE ALL ELSE WOULD OF BEEN BANJO IN THE BASE GAME FO SMASH'S ULTIMATE GAME ! but no they couldn't of even done that I'LL NEVER BUY AN XBOX ONE or a "TWO' or "TREE" heck the X1 has like no games anyway right now :/

Phil (last E3): We at xbox are guna have a stonger 1st party line up.....so we bought all thses studios to make there games ares now OH what rare ??? whats that ??? banjo ? nah here another no splitscreen microtansation riddled haelo ! is it a battle royal ? who knows will find out !

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I feel like if we do get steve in smash as DLC I will boycott it at least until we get banjo, don't give M$ or nintendo $ for not listing to fans sure some poeple want steve & good for them they can buy him but steve was NO WHERE NEAR ! popular amung smash players compaired to banjo ! (or other fighters)

I'm not being toxic steve fans can have if it happens BUT we would NEED to speak with are wallets B/C at that point phil would of lied to us & strung us along all to get some sea of snore promotions & covrege as thats almost all rare did during banjo's 20th annaversary THE ONE AMAZING COOL THING THEY COULD OF DONE ABOVE ALL ELSE WOULD OF BEEN BANJO IN THE BASE GAME FO SMASH'S ULTIMATE GAME ! but no they couldn't of even done that I'LL NEVER BUY AN XBOX ONE or a "TWO' or "TREE" heck the X1 has like no games anyway right now :/

Phil (last E3): We at xbox are guna have a stonger 1st party line up.....so we bought all thses studios to make there games ares now OH what rare ??? whats that ??? banjo ? nah here another no splitscreen microtansation riddled haelo ! is it a battle royal ? who knows will find out !
Someone said the same thing the other day who I think might be your twin brother.

Will I be pissed off if Steve gets chose over Banjo-Kazooie? You bet your ass I will.

With that being said, I'm 25 and have been playing Super Smash Bros since the N64 back in 1999, Nearly 20 years.

So, you must be out of your damn freaking mind if any of us are going to pass on the most anticipated switch game of the year and the greatest Super Smash Bros game in the history of the series over 1 character.

If you want to vote with your wallet just don't buy the Microsoft DLC. It's a simple as that.

Last edited:

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I would be saddened by Steve's inclusion over Banjo's, but if I'm being honest, I'd buy it to fill the character gap on the select screen. So they got me there. =/

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Someone said the same thing the other day who I think might be your twin brother.

Will I be pissed off if Steve gets chose over Banjo-Kazooie? You bet your *** I will.

With that being said, I'm 25 and have been playing Super Smash Bros since the N64 back in 1999, Nearly 20 years.

So, you must be out of your damn freaking mind if any of us are going to pass on the most anticipated switch game of the year and the greatest Super Smash Bros game in the history of the series over 1 character.

If you want to vote with your wallet just don't buy the Microsoft DLC. It's a simple as that.
This. This right here. If Steve gets in over Banjo-Kazooie, I'll definitely be disappointed, but I sure as hell won't be boycotting this game because of that; there's too much awesome done with this game regardless to do that, and to do otherwise would be a HUGE disservice to all the work Sakurai and the Smash team put into the game, from bringing back every single Veteran to including the two most-wanted characters (Ridley and King K. Rool) to the large selection of stages, some of which haven't appeared since the days of Smash 64 and Melee. Hell, I'd probably even buy Steve if he looks unique and fun enough, because I can imagine that Sakurai would put a lot of thought into him and try to make him work in Smash.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
No I wasn't saying boycott the game lol I was saying don't buy the steve DLC character pack of course I'm guna buy the game

dlewis53

Smash Lord
No I wasn't saying boycott the game lol I was saying don't buy the steve DLC character pack of course I'm guna buy the game
Ah, okay. My bad. You can choose to buy the DLC or not, but me personally, like I said, if Steve looks unique and fun to play as, I'll probably still buy him, even if Banjo-Kazooie aren't playable as well.

Top Bottom