• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Honestly, I welcome the more oddball characters; like I said before, they tend to be some of the more creative characters as well as some of the more fun ones. Heck, Mr. Game and Watch, Wii Fit Trainer, and Duck Hunt are currently some of my most favorite characters in the series, and from the looks of it, Piranha Plant is probably going to be joining them.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Honestly, I'm just astonished that Sakurai actually made a plant in a pipe/pot playable. Think about it. A piranha plant in a pot. Who would've thunk it?? It looks cool and all, but I feel that a character like that should've been held back until after the popular requests like Banjo & Kazooie, Dixie, Isaac, Waluigi, and others in first. This just had bad timing written all over it. Though I have a bad feeling that this opens a whole can of worms to common enemies being playable characters.

I was glad that Banjo & Kazooie weren't shown in any other capacity like Isaac and Shadow were. I think they have a shot for DLC even if the chances are slim. I still believe in the bear and bird.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
yeah but MG&W, WFT & Duck hunt are the stars of there games a pirahna plant is not like why not a goomba or a koopa then ? heck I'd rather have birdo as a yoshi echo WELL at least its not pink gold peach

YES thats another thing that worrys me what if we just get more common enemys that they feel are iconic ? why not a kremlin? deku? or any other generic enemy ? I would of rather of had Wii Safty Notice Man as the WTF character he could of at least use Wii Motion based moveset refrencing a bunch of wii games. I saw fans voting during the ballot for SO many better WTF character ideas then this

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I got no hate for Piranha Plant , Did I ask for him? No, But will I play and have some fun with him? Sure, He looks wacky, fun and hilarious to play as. Plus damn funny to beat the hell out of someone with a plant.

And I will be honest it was kind of funny and laughing to myself to see everyones dream newcomers (including myself) get crushed by a generic Piranha Plant of all final newcomers to make the final cut.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I got no hate for Piranha Plant , Did I ask for him? No, But will I play and have some fun with him? Sure, He looks wacky, fun and hilarious to play as. Plus damn funny to beat the hell out of someone with a plant.

And I will be honest it was kind of funny and laughing to myself to see everyones dream newcomers (including myself) get crushed by a generic Piranha Plant of all final newcomers to make the final cut.
This. All of this.

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Now that the direct is done and over I want to share my opinions of where Banjo's chances stand now.

So yeah basically I firmly believe Banjo has 50% chance of making it as DLC as Steve also holds a 50%. They both have their advantages and disadvantages, but I don't think neither has an advantage that crushes the other. When it comes to Banjo though he clearly crushes Steve of having a 100% chance since he the duo didn't get the Assist Trophy treatment. They could've easily gotten in as AT's and give Steve the full advantage also since Sakurai is trying to put as many popular characters in the game even if they don't make it as playable fighters.

Second of all, another advantage for Banjo and Kazooie is their moveset potential. It is undeniable that the duo has some of the best moveset potential out of any character that is yet to make it in the game. With Smash Ultimate love or hate the roster, but Sakurai and the dev team went all out on the moveset's of every newcomer including Isabelle and Piranha Plant. Not only did Sakurai went above and beyond with the movesets, but he put the best creativity in developing fun and very unique moveset's for all of the newcomers. Making a character like Banjo and Kazooie would be Sakurai's next milestone.

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
yeah but MG&W, WFT & Duck hunt are the stars of there games a pirahna plant is not like why not a goomba or a koopa then ? heck I'd rather have birdo as a yoshi echo WELL at least its not pink gold peach

YES thats another thing that worrys me what if we just get more common enemys that they feel are iconic ? why not a kremlin? deku? or any other generic enemy ? I would of rather of had Wii Safty Notice Man as the WTF character he could of at least use Wii Motion based moveset refrencing a bunch of wii games. I saw fans voting during the ballot for SO many better WTF character ideas then this
Maybe Sakurai included Piranha plant to troll and bite Waluigi fans?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Maybe Sakurai included Piranha plant to troll and bite Waluigi fans?
I kinda hope so, I had no problem with Waluigi before and never hated him and wouldn't of mind of having join the roster.

But my god a part of their fanbase got on my damn nerves and obnoxiously annoying and kind of made me glad he was an assist.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
the waluigi fans "harrasing" sakurai was blone out of perportion only like 2 guys really sent him bad tweets everone else just sent waluigi memes & for some reason everone focuses on the 2 bad guys B/C they got news coverge for click bait views

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
If Banjo isn't on the N64 classic I'm dropping all hope for him as dlc.
I can agree with this even though it's not a guaranteed death sentence, His DLC roster status would probably be downgraded from "Stable to "Critical Condition" if he misses out on the N64 Classic Edition.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
If we don't get B-K, B-T & Diddy kong racing on the N64 classic I AM NOT BUYING IT ! rare WAS a HUGE part of the N64 & releasing it without rare's ICONIC to this very day N64 titles then thats a slap in the face of every nintendo fan who owned a N64 regardless if banjo is in smash or not

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I will still buy it since I have a soft spot for the N64 as it was my 1st video game console when I was 5.

I'm just going to hack it and put most of Rare's library on it so I can play them through an HDMI and possibly better framerate.

Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Diddy Kong Racing, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Perfect Dark and maybe Goldeneye 007 are going on it.

Wouldn't have to worry for Donkey Kong 64 as it's practically guranteed to be on it.

Last edited:

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
I'm probably not going to buy it because I still have my old Nintendo 64 lol. But from what I've heard (unconfirmed though), it won't have B-K or Smash 64 on it, so for me it wouldn't really be worth it regardless

D

Deleted member

Hey guys I’m back what did I........

Y’all need to chill.

Both banjo and Steve are coming I can feel it. so don’t lose hope for the duo ok?

PK-remling Fire PK-remling Fire Phil said that they worked with Nintendo in the past no problems so yeah b&k and a couple of rare games are coming to that mini n64

Last edited by a moderator:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Why do I have a sinking feeling Banjo will show up as a Spirit possessed by Duck Hunt in World of Light...?

D

Deleted member

They won’t because they're dlc plus they already showcased all the important spirits

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
About time you guys realized that Banjo still has a shot and changed the title thread. Now go get your character playable as their own character.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
About time you guys realized that Banjo still has a shot and changed the title thread. Now go get your character playable as their own character.
Try knocking in some sense to some of the other downers in this thread that feel like it's game over, I and several others are going to keep our heads held up high and keep pushing and fighting until that last DLC roster spot is unvield.

It's not going to be easy, But Banjo-Kazooie is one of the few big name survivors from the Smash direct to not be deconfirmed and the way I see it there is less competition now for Banjo-Kazooie to stand out more and seize this opportunity.

It's not over until February 2020.

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
WAIT?! sakurai said they don't even think of DLC until the main game is finished ! but now he is saying the DLC characters where planed as DLC characters as far back as 2015 ?!?!? F$&$ing LIER! that means if banjo gets in as DLC sakurai perpusfully chose to not have him in the base game & picked simon belmont over him !?!
That Pisses me off ! BANJO MORE THEN DESERVES TO BE IN THE BASE GAME ! IMMORTALIZED IN A PYSICAL SWITCH CART! not lost in time to DLC when they stop selling it ! I AM A HUGE PHYSICAL GAMES ADVOCATE !
I mean, at this point I'll take it. Obviously, I would have preferred them in base but dlc is darn sure better than not at all. I won't complain a bit.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I mean, at this point I'll take it. Obviously, I would have preferred them in base but dlc is darn sure better than not at all. I won't complain a bit.
I don't like it either ,But people can complain all they want right now, Whether we like it or not the final base roster has been revealed and there's not a damn thing we can do about it.

That being said at least we have a 2nd chance at DLC, Not many other character fanbases can say the same thing, So can they can either keep being a downer and be pissed off all they want or they can look on the bright side, pick themselves up and keep rallying with us until February 2020.

I'm not saying it's going to be easy, But it's not over until it's over.

Last edited:

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
YEAH ?! WTF did we not get toad playable yet ? but we got pirahna plant ! especially during the wii u & 3ds era had a out right toad fetish ! lol

the more i think about it & hear other people's opinons, pirahna plant is looking dumber & dumber & makes less & less sense
I actually felt rather slighted when I saw Piranha Plant was in and not someone who was fan requested, it's true. I couldn't believe it was real. I thought "So many others are not considered good enough, but a common Mario baddie is!?"

But after having time to cool off and really think about it, I realized something profound.

PP is purely a gift to us. A pre-order freebie for a limited time that not everybody will be able to activate in the window allotted. What would the reaction have been if this generous offering would have been someone in high demand but for some reason became unobtainable after the availability lapsed? The backlash would have been horrendous. Not likely, I know, as Mewtwo eventually came up for sale for the rest of us, but it's still something to think about.

He gave us one more extra fighter, for free and with what little energy he and his team had to spare, giving us even more to enjoy out of the goodness of his heart.

I still believe the best is yet to come and we should never stop being grateful for all that this man has done for us.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
If BK makes it to the mini. Ill think about picking it up and mod other games to it later. Otherwise im not paying $100 for 15 games I already have, and then some oddball that Im not interested in like Sin and Punishment thrown in.

I just dont wanna be dragged by the balls until Febuary of 2020 to find out wether theyre in or not. Get it over with!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
If BK makes it to the mini. Ill think about picking it up and mod other games to it later. Otherwise im not paying $100 for 15 games I already have, and then some oddball that Im not interested in like Sin and Punishment thrown in.

I just dont wanna be dragged by the balls until Febuary of 2020 to find out wether theyre in or not. Get it over with!
I hope to god they are the 1st DLC reveal, I'm going to keep fighting until the end, But my god I'm going to hate the idea of having to stress myself for over a year to see if they finally make it or not. It's going to drive me insane.

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
It's not going to be easy, But Banjo-Kazooie is one of the few big name survivors from the Smash direct to not be deconfirmed and the way I see it there is less competition now for Banjo-Kazooie to stand out more and seize this opportunity.

It's not over until February 2020.
I know I'm on the negative side, but them not being "deconfirmed" on the direct means nothing. Banjo & Kazooie will never be officially deconfirmed from an official Nintendo source. There's no way they'd be ATs or spirits. Doing negotiations and getting their rights for that would be a waste of resources. Either they're in as a character or are not there.

If anything, maybe Sakurai would deconfirm them on a random interview.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Remember that rumor that the N64 Classic Edition was suppose to be revealed after the Smash Direct?

It looks like it could be revealed later this month. Which makes sense because there is suppose to be a full Nintendo Direct later this month and I can see Nintendo announcing near Sony's PlayStation Classic launch to steal some of it's thunder and try to overshadow it.

Plus the good news is that it looks like Nintendo is trying to top Sony's 20 games with 30 N64 games of their own and the best part it says supposely Rare titles are going to be on it including Banjo-Kazooie.

https://www.techspot.com/amp/news/77223-rumor-nintendo-64-classic-edition-announced-month.html

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I know I'm on the negative side, but them not being "deconfirmed" on the direct means nothing. Banjo & Kazooie will never be officially deconfirmed from an official Nintendo source. There's no way they'd be ATs or spirits. Doing negotiations and getting their rights for that would be a waste of resources. Either they're in as a character or are not there.

I wasn't expecting them to be deconfirmed throughout Ultimates development cycle anyways, That's the great thing about them is that they are AT and Spirit proof, I don't see Nintendo and Sakurai going after them unless they are fighters, Not worth the trouble negotiating with a big company like Microsoft for a cameo appearance, I thought it was implied.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-MF0eUehek
Okay, so I found this video about Piranha Plant that goes into five possible reasons why it was put in the game. I thought it made some good points so I want to share it here.
It's a WTF character and we've had them every game. - Wii Fit Trainer was the star of Nintendo's biggest Wii franchise. Duck Hunt Duo was a retro fan favourite. Mr Game & Watch and ROB were Sakurai celebrating Nintendo's history. This is the only character ever added for WTF potential alone.
It won't piss off people who miss the preorder. - No but it also won't sell the preorder to anyone who isn't a diehard "I have to have everything" Smash Bros fan. You know, the people who would have bought it anyway.
It's small. - See Bomberman, Agumon and many potential characters. Why this one.
Could have been worse? - Not much of a reassurance when there are 0 newcomers that I want in.
69 unique characters, let him have his own goofy character. - See above.
Every reveal is an event. - No, not really. Every reveal is just another futile hope for something better than the last.

Not impressed with that video.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
It's a WTF character and we've had them every game. - Wii Fit Trainer was the star of Nintendo's biggest Wii franchise. Duck Hunt Duo was a retro fan favourite. Mr Game & Watch and ROB were Sakurai celebrating Nintendo's history. This is the only character ever added for WTF potential alone.
It won't piss off people who miss the preorder. - No but it also won't sell the preorder to anyone who isn't a diehard "I have to have everything" Smash Bros fan. You know, the people who would have bought it anyway.
It's small. - See Bomberman, Agumon and many potential characters. Why this one.
Could have been worse? - Not much of a reassurance when there are 0 newcomers that I want in.
69 unique characters, let him have his own goofy character. - See above.
Every reveal is an event. - No, not really. Every reveal is just another futile hope for something better than the last.

Not impressed with that video.
Yeah, gotta agree with you, especially on the first point. Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt Duo, Mr. Game & Watch, & R.O.B. were all WTF characters that represented various parts of Nintendo's history. I also saw them as kind of blank slates you could project ideas off of them with. If the Grinch leak had turned out to be true, Chorus Kids would have been an EXCELLENT WTF character slot and Mach Rider would've been our Retro newcomer. Instead, we got a generic Mario baddie, and one that no one would've thought of because it didn't make any lick of sense. They are stationary obstacles even more than they are enemies. I'm still gonna get it, especially since its free and it might actually be fun to play as, but when characters like Issac, Bandanna Waddle Dee, Shadow, Waluigi, Skull Kid, and Spring Man get deconfirmed as playable characters while a Piranha Plant, something so generic and bizarre of a choice, it's no wonder people got so disappointed. I'd personally rather see a Toad or Goomba be a playable character. At least they can actually move around and have enough history and personality to work. I do like the history behind its moves, like the little Ptooie spike ball move and the forward smash being the spiked Piranha Plants from Super Mario Galaxy 2. But hell, Petey Piranha should've been the playable character instead of a Final Smash. This is literally the first character in Smash history that makes 100% no sense being a playable character. And it was shown at such an inopportune time after so many fan favorites got deconfirmed.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'm gonna try and keep in mind Banjo & Kazooie have a chance to be DLC, but if they don't make it in, I honestly wouldn't be surprised. At least we got Ridley, King K. Rool, & Simon Belmont.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Yeah Goomba would make more sense then I can pretend its the 1st goomba you meet in Super Mario Bros as he hold the recored for most player kills in history ! everyone has died to that goomba at least once lol

petey piranha > pirahna plant at least he is a boss villain in the mario games or maybe king boo so luigi has his main villain OR a real WTF character who is also a villain WART !

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Well... Duck Hunt still has their Banjo-Kazooie alt
1541261634505.png

So, that kind of rules out the color theory...

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Would you stop giving up on your character? I am tired of seeing people just accepting their franchise's fate when a playable Smash role can bring everything around.

Carry the torch the other franchises have carried and get Banjo playable. At least one of our franchises needs to be revived and if it isn't going to be Golden Sun then it will be Banjo and Kazooie.

Top Bottom