• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
The more I think about it, the more it feels to me like yesterday's Direct was a blessing in disguise- at least for us Banjo fans.

It's true, I was disappointed by Incineroar- not so much by Ken because he was always a given- but this means we can focus on more interesting characters for DLC, including Banjo, who survived the onslaught of deconfirmation. It's definitely unfortunate how many fan favorites got AT'd or "spirited," and I feel like they deserved better, but given these circumstances, Banjo is probably now going to be the most requested third-party character, or at least close to that.

From what I'm hearing of Verge's and Papagenos' sources, if they're both to be trusted, it seems like a good chance we could get both Geno and Banjo for DLC, which would probably be the best possible timeline after that Direct. I'll continue supporting our bear and bird, but I won't be as hopeful unless the N64 Classic is announced and has at least one B-K game on it.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
The more I think about it, the more it feels to me like yesterday's Direct was a blessing in disguise- at least for us Banjo fans.

It's true, I was disappointed by Incineroar- not so much by Ken because he was always a given- but this means we can focus on more interesting characters for DLC, including Banjo, who survived the onslaught of deconfirmation. It's definitely unfortunate how many fan favorites got AT'd or "spirited," and I feel like they deserved better, but given these circumstances, Banjo is probably now going to be the most requested third-party character, or at least close to that.

From what I'm hearing of Verge's and Papagenos' sources, if they're both to be trusted, it seems like a good chance we could get both Geno and Banjo for DLC, which would probably be the best possible timeline after that Direct. I'll continue supporting our bear and bird, but I won't be as hopeful unless the N64 Classic is announced and has at least one B-K game on it.
I hate to burst your bubble; but Verge is saying Dragon Quest Character and Steve respectively. I hope you're right though...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I hate to burst your bubble; but Verge is saying Dragon Quest Character and Steve respectively. I hope you're right though...
LeakyPandy is the one hinting at Dragon Quest for the VGA's, while Spawn Wave hints at Sora.

Verge also only heard "'possibly' a character" when talking about Minecraft with his sources, along with "stage" and "assist trophy." He never heard that Steve was for-sure himself, and he says he has a list of names for the Square Enix character (he said Square Enix has a very strong intolerance of leaks, that they fire people on suspicion alone, so they may be giving out fake names and Verge doesn't want to risk getting his sources fired).

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
LeakyPandy is the one hinting at Dragon Quest for the VGA's, while Spawn Wave hints at Sora.

Verge also only heard "'possibly' a character" when talking about Minecraft with his sources, along with "stage" and "assist trophy." He never heard that Steve was for-sure himself, and he says he has a list of names for the Square Enix character (he said Square Enix has a very strong intolerance of leaks, that they fire people on suspicion alone, so they may be giving out fake names and Verge doesn't want to risk getting his sources fired).
But didn't Verg's OTHER source say Steve was for sure the one getting in?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
The thing we have going for is that DLC usually leans more towards 3rd Party/Guest Characters in fighting games and I my gut feeling is that DLC will be more fan requested seeing how they are charging us separately from the base so they have to give us a reason to want to buy it.

Last edited:

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
He has nothing to gain from lying?
Technically no one has anything to gain from lying then, yet we see people make fake leaks all the time.

I am proposing that Papa Geno's is not lying, but instead that he has a poor vetting process, his source has a poor vetting process, that his source's source is mistaken, or that his source's source is lying.

Certainly one of these are likely given that he was completely wrong about the Grinch, and that his source supposedly had "heard of" the Grinch characters before the leak came out.

And considering Papa Geno has no track record of leaking anything accurately, why does his information deserve the benefit of the doubt?

I think Banjo's odds are medium-to-good but not at all because of Papa Geno's information.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Who does everyone think Banjo-Kazooie's main competition is going to be ?

I feel like bigger name 3rd Party characters make more sense for DLC, turn more heads and would make more money than scraping the bottom of the barrel for 1st Party Characters that Nintendo shouldn't have had much issues putting them in the first place. (Though I wouldn't mind seeing Dixie Kong make it in or Bandana Dee to a lesser extent)

5 Roster slots.

Most common "Significant/Bigger Name" 3rd Party Characters that are requested.

- Banjo-Kazooie (Rare/Microsoft)
- Rayman (Ubisoft)
- Heihachi (Bandai/Namco)
- Lloyd Irving (Bandai/Namco)
- Crash Bandicoot (Activision)
- Minecraft (Mojang/Microsoft)
- Geno (Square Enix)
- Sora (Square Enix/Disney)

Theirs honestly not that much big names or star power left.

- Banjo-Kazooie
I really don't see how they can pass on Banjo-Kazooie for DLC now seeing how heavily requested and how of strong their 2nd Party history was with Nintendo compared to others and has gathered more demand and attention than a lot of the other names on this list. Many agree that they would be the biggest shocker/jawdropper and would have been the perfect candidates to close out the roster in the yesterdays direct.

- Rayman
I have a gut feeling Rayman is going to get in due to Ubisoft's strong relationship with Nintendo and seem like a safe bet and choice.

- Heihachi and Lloyd
I wouldn't be surprised if Bamco gets another rep seeing how they are developing the game and they only have Pacman so far and after him Heihachi and Lloyd look like their next biggest names.

- Crash Bandicoot
I would love to see Crash (Spyro the Dragon would be nice too, But Crash is the bigger name) after Banjo-Kazooie I think he can bring the next biggest impact and thunder to Smash and Activision has collaborated with Nintendo before Skylanders with DK and Bowser. Plus who wouldn't love to see Mario and Crash finally go at it?

-Sora
I don't want or think Sora will it in seeing how Disney is tied to it and I don't want 4th Party Characters invading Smash, The way I see it and correct me if I'm wrong because I don't care or know about Kingdom hearts, But the series main draw is it's crossover disney universe, The way I see it Sora is damned either way, If you put disney in Smash it ruins and breaks the video game universe vibe and steals attention, But if you take it out then what exactly makes Sora so compelling and unique and if he's even able to stand on his own without the help of disney? Why bring in a neutered character?

-Geno
I personally don't care for him ,But kinda of surprised he didn't make the base roster seeing how he's so damn popular with a big part of the Smash fan base for some reason, Sakurai wanted him before and has mii outfit in Smash Wii U, Since Square Enix is already involved in Smash which would make his inclusion easier and Geno has ties to the Mario franchise, Plus we don't know if Spirits for "Non Playable" characters affect their chances.

- Minecraft
I don't see or want steve becoming a fighter ,But Nintendo and Microsoft have such a strong relationship through Minecraft that they could possibly get a stage or assist, Nintendo recently made bundles for 3DS and Switch in Japan and as much as I hate it, Minecraft is big and wouldn't be surprised if it got some form of content in Smash.

Last edited:

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
I would just be very surprised if Steve got in over banjo simply because of the Phil spencer stuff. The banjo suporters blew up (sorta) the internet when those two tweets came out, but I cannot say the same for Steve. I can see Steve happening but as far as news goes outside of leaks, that being stuff from actual game "officials" banjo seems to be much more likely to be an actual character to me.

Also in the DLC packs they did not say it was one song. They said a and I quote from (30:55 in the direct) "We will be developing, and selling sets that will include one fighter, one stage and MULTIPLE music tracks."

So when it comes to representation it could be anything It could be a character, stage, music or all three. Mincraft representation does not entail everything in the fighters pass. Also they never said that the fighters pass was the only dlc. It could just be that aside from the plant it could be the fighter dlc.
They have not said anything about Mii costumes outside of characters. (there is the rex one, for buying the bundle, notice it is not in the fighters pass but just a bonus)

It is not confirmed that the fighters pass is the only dlc so I am going to assume it is not, but that it is the only one with characters.

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
And then we can get Banjo-Kazooie, because at that point absolutely nothing is stopping him from doing so. The biggest hurdle was and has always been the rights, and with Minecraft, they have the rights. So I don't see how this is a bad thing. It's only helping B-K's chances having Microsoft on board. If we didn't have Microsoft on board, we'd be in a worse position.
The thing is, as much as Microsoft is on board, I do not see Nintendo adding two of their characters. Especially since there's 5 slots. I think it's either Steve or Banjo, but not both. And seeing how Minecraft is way bigger and popular, and how Sakurai actually loves that game (He even wrote a column on some magazine about him enjoying Minecraft), I'd say it favors Steve.

And you know the worst part about this? That we're gonna have another year of hopeful wishing and speculation. God, if they have decided all the DLC roster already, they could just tell us who they are so we (and other fanbases) can move on. (Yes I'm still a bit grumpy because of the direct).

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
The thing is, as much as Microsoft is on board, I do not see Nintendo adding two of their characters. Especially since there's 5 slots. I think it's either Steve or Banjo, but not both. And seeing how Minecraft is way bigger and popular, and how Sakurai actually loves that game (He even wrote a column on some magazine about him enjoying Minecraft), I'd say it favors Steve.

And you know the worst part about this? That we're gonna have another year of hopeful wishing and speculation. God, if they have decided all the DLC roster already, they could just tell us who they are so we (and other fanbases) can move on. (Yes I'm still a bit grumpy because of the direct).
Just be cautiously optimistic. Remember, representation does not mean character, and there are going to be multiple music tracks for each pack.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
If Banjo-Kazooie make it as DLC, I see them as being the 1st announcement or the 5th and last one in February 2020, Not that it can happen whenever, It's just I feel like you have to start or end with a big name 3rd Party Character, Then again we could have said that about yesterday's direct.

I just hope they would get announced 1st because speculating Ultimate's development lifecycle drove me insane and was torture, I sure as hell don't want to have to wait and speculate again for little over a year to find out if Banjo-Kazooie made the cut or not.

Last edited:

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Cloud wasn't the first announcement, he was the second (third) to last. For a character of such magnitude and popularity, the timing was completely unexpected. If Banjo-Kazooie does happen, it could be at any time next year. I wouldn't rule them out completely, but I'm so with you on being sick of waiting...

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Cloud wasn't the first announcement, he was the second (third) to last. For a character of such magnitude and popularity, the timing was completely unexpected. If Banjo-Kazooie does happen, it could be at any time next year. I wouldn't rule them out completely, but I'm so with you on being sick of waiting...
That's true, On the bright side of things, Better to still have a chance of DLC than be deconfirmed and at least with Ultimate out very soon the game will keep us very busy and make the wait easier.

Plus I still got King K. Rool to look forward to
(My 2nd Most Wanted Newcomer)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So papagenos papagenos with verge/hitagi saying Steve is in along with your score banjo is in........do you think they’re both playable Microsoft reps? Because to me you need minecraft in if you want banjo.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
The ONLY possible way I can see both Minecraft and Banjo being in at the same time is if say.... Steve became a Mii Fighter skin, or if the stage that's coming with Piranha Plant turns out to be Minecraft

Otherwise, I'm strictly in the "one or the other" camp, and Steve seems more likely

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
The ONLY possible way I can see both Minecraft and Banjo being in at the same time is if say.... Steve became a Mii Fighter skin, or if the stage that's coming with Piranha Plant turns out to be Minecraft

Otherwise, I'm strictly in the "one or the other" camp, and Steve seems more likely
Same here, I can't really imagine Microsoft or to a lesser extent an other company/developer taking 2 of the 5 Roster slots.

I would imagine it would be limited to 1 roster slot per a company.

Last edited:

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
In the direct when the Mii outfits are shown and Rex has his Mii fighter outfit hiliighted Sakurai mentions that he missed out because DLC was decided early and I believe he said "during the initial plan" of the game or something to that effect. Which to me means back in 2015 when they planned out the proposal characters where chosen for DLC right then and there.. this is why characters like Springman and Rex & Pyra didn't get in nor have a shot at DLC...

They planned on certain characters being DLC out the gate and I think this was for a few reasons... it would allow the Dev team to complete the game by the current time, most if not all of them being 3rd parties it would be easier to get the characters they want as the 3rd party company would get more $$$ from the DLC sales. This probably made deals easier.

That being said, the DLC was probably planned in 2015 same as the ballot. Banjo was big on the ballot not Steve from MC. I can't Banjo getting snubbed in favor of Steve

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
So papagenos papagenos with verge/hitagi saying Steve is in along with your score banjo is in........do you think they’re both playable Microsoft reps? Because to me you need minecraft in if you want banjo.
could be are they saying for sure Steve? now or do they still just say minecraft content...cause i could honestly see banjo as the character minecraft as the stage. Not that both playable isnt also likely.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
Same here, I can't really imagine Microsoft or to a lesser extent an other company/developer taking 2 of the 5 Roster slots.

I would imagine it would be limited to 1 roster slot per a company.
I would maybe agree if it was like Sega or Namco which has rep's already... but since Microsoft has no reps, I could see two.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
could be are they saying for sure Steve? now or do they still just say minecraft content...cause i could honestly see banjo as the character minecraft as the stage. Not that both playable isnt also likely.
Only Hitagi is saying Steve.

Vergeben just thinks it makes sense; in regards to Minecraft, he's only heard "stage," "assist trophy," and "'possibly' a playable character."

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well, regardless of whether or not Steve gets in, we probably won't start learning about who the DLC Fighters are until at least early next year, maybe January (though that's a big MAYBE).

In the meantime, though, I'm going to enjoy this glorious game that Sakurai has graced us with. In particular, I'm going to be enjoying playing as the almighty Kremling King! Seriously, I watched the video footage of the Nintendo Treehouse that featured K. Rool in it, and I immediately feel even more in love with him than I did when I first saw his reveal trailer (which is saying something); while I'm not sure if he's going to dethrone Pac-Man as my favorite Smash character, he's definitely going to be close, and he's already gearing up to be my absolute favorite of the base roster!

...Sorry about that; I wanted to gush about K. Rool for a bit.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Well, regardless of whether or not Steve gets in, we probably won't start learning about who the DLC Fighters are until at least early next year, maybe January (though that's a big MAYBE).

In the meantime, though, I'm going to enjoy this glorious game that Sakurai has graced us with. In particular, I'm going to be enjoying playing as the almighty Kremling King! Seriously, I watched the video footage of the Nintendo Treehouse that featured K. Rool in it, and I immediately feel even more in love with him than I did when I first saw his reveal trailer (which is saying something); while I'm not sure if he's going to dethrone Pac-Man as my favorite Smash character, he's definitely going to be close, and he's already gearing up to be my absolute favorite of the base roster!

...Sorry about that; I wanted to gush about K. Rool for a bit.
King K. Rool is the one at least keeping me happy and excited for Ultimate since he was My 2nd Most Wanted Newcomer after Banjo-Kazooie, I will definitely try to master him and add him to my core arsenal of Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and Greninja in Ultimate.

Hey at least we still got 1 major Rareware newcomer in.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice

Wel remember, Piranha Plant IS NOT part of the fighters pass. So we get 6 characters after the games release including the plant not 5

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I also want to add that the DLC was very light in the direct... they didn't mention downloadable Mii outfits.. which seems to me a given since they had them before.. it's possible there''s more DLC than we realise...

We could end up with Minecraft Mii accessories.. diamond sword, pickaxe and such for Miis, and maybe am outfit or two.. I don't know why Verge would keep saying an assist trophy clearly we've seen them all. Unless were getting DLC ATs which I doubt..

Imagine if the stage was Spiral Mountain but made in a Minecraft world.

Edit: or minecraft is a code being used by the Dev team to fool leakers.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Well! I can safely say that Sakurai doesn't care about us at all judging by all the horrible decisions he's made ((It's soo obvious he didn't want to make Smash Ultimate a thing and did all the thing's I'm mentioning just to bring a series to an end after all the endless harassment he recieved as he's likely tired of all of this)!

No game modes In Ultimate except for the ****ty Smash Tour mini game (Known as World Of Light) and the ****ty Master Orders rip-off (Spirirts Mode)!

Making our favorite characters we wanted in the roster ****ing assist trophies (Including Issac of all characters)!!!!!!!!

Throwing in unwanted Veterans who still have anything unique about them (such as Young Link and Pichu)

Removing Trophies completely for ******** reasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having no good unlockable content that worth playing through those two ****ty modes for (NOT EVEN NEW STAGES OR ALTERNATE COSTUMES)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Throwing In A Worthless Plant with teeth on it that's a ****ty Wario echo that you have to pay 10/20 dollars for!

Judging by what Vergeben has said! Us getting some ****ty DLC character choices such an anime swordswomen who's game didn't even get a release on a Nintendo console, A ****ty, blocky Villager echo with nothing interesting about him (Steve From Minecraft), A Square Character that isn't Geno, Sora, Crono, A Dragon Quest Character, or anyone from a good game series Square produced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Online game play being just ****ty and awful as it was in Brawl!

I would stay away from the game if were you all and see about purchasing something better! As this will be the Death Of Super Smash Bros and the game will end up in a far worse position than Marvel VS. Capcom Infinite as this rate!!!!!!!!!!
https://twitter.com/AlphaPavonis_/status/1058499912050991106

I regret nothing.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
Considering that were already hearing rumors about Minecraft characters and Granblue characters (no thanks), I'm worried that the 5 DLC characters will be going exclusively to relevancy picks. Unless we see BK joining the N64 Mini, I think they're not gonna make it :ohwell:. Not too hopeful about what dlc has to offer. They're still my most wanted though, so even if im pessimistic I'll still be over the moon to see them!

At least I have :ultkrool::ultsnake::ultsimon::ultridley::ultken::ultinkling::ulticeclimbers::ultwolf::ultyounglink::ultpiranha:(?) to look forward too!

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I know I've been a wet blanket and an overall party pooper in this thread, but I want you all to know I'm glad that hope still exists for the duo here even if I don't have it.

But why don't we put it to a poll? Rather than listen to me mope and dope over this, I wanna see how many people feel the same as I do or are still confident that they'll get in: https://www.strawpoll.me/16768177

JonSmash

Smash Ace
WAIT?! sakurai said they don't even think of DLC until the main game is finished ! but now he is saying the DLC characters where planed as DLC characters as far back as 2015 ?!?!? F$&$ing LIER! that means if banjo gets in as DLC sakurai perpusfully chose to not have him in the base game & picked simon belmont over him !?!
That Pisses me off ! BANJO MORE THEN DESERVES TO BE IN THE BASE GAME ! IMMORTALIZED IN A PYSICAL SWITCH CART! not lost in time to DLC when they stop selling it ! I AM A HUGE PHYSICAL GAMES ADVOCATE !

D

Deleted member

WAIT?! sakurai said they don't even think of DLC until the main game is finished ! but now he is saying the DLC characters where planed as DLC characters as far back as 2015 ?!?!? F$&$ing LIER! that means if banjo gets in as DLC sakurai perpusfully chose to not have him in the base game & picked simon belmont over him !?!
That Pisses me off ! BANJO MORE THEN DESERVES TO BE IN THE BASE GAME ! IMMORTALIZED IN A PYSICAL SWITCH CART! not lost in time to DLC when they stop selling it ! I AM A HUGE PHYSICAL GAMES ADVOCATE !
Easy dude he’s coming just be patient

JonSmash

Smash Ace
@Connorb0t2 yes but it will be as DLC, Banjo deserves physical release !

I can go & buy Smash 64, Melee & brawl. & play ALL the characters in that game just like at release but years from now I won't be able to do that with smash ultimate Banjo will be lost to the eather better keep your switch in mint condition if your a banjo fan (if he gets in) as nintendo dosn't offer GOTY editions or physical vertions of there games with all DLC included HECK ! Smash 64 is the ONLY smash game to ever be rerelease via vertual console

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Well! I can safely say that Sakurai doesn't care about us at all judging by all the horrible decisions he's made ((It's soo obvious he didn't want to make Smash Ultimate a thing and did all the thing's I'm mentioning just to bring a series to an end after all the endless harassment he recieved as he's likely tired of all of this)!

No game modes In Ultimate except for the ****ty Smash Tour mini game (Known as World Of Light) and the ****ty Master Orders rip-off (Spirirts Mode)!

Making our favorite characters we wanted in the roster ****ing assist trophies (Including Issac of all characters)!!!!!!!!

Throwing in unwanted Veterans who still have anything unique about them (such as Young Link and Pichu)

Removing Trophies completely for ******** reasons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having no good unlockable content that worth playing through those two ****ty modes for (NOT EVEN NEW STAGES OR ALTERNATE COSTUMES)!!!!!!!!!!!!

Throwing In A Worthless Plant with teeth on it that's a ****ty Wario echo that you have to pay 10/20 dollars for!

Judging by what Vergeben has said! Us getting some ****ty DLC character choices such an anime swordswomen who's game didn't even get a release on a Nintendo console, A ****ty, blocky Villager echo with nothing interesting about him (Steve From Minecraft), A Square Character that isn't Geno, Sora, Crono, A Dragon Quest Character, or anyone from a good game series Square produced!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Online game play being just ****ty and awful as it was in Brawl!

I would stay away from the game if were you all and see about purchasing something better! As this will be the Death Of Super Smash Bros and the game will end up in a far worse position than Marvel VS. Capcom Infinite as this rate!!!!!!!!!!
Go speak for yourself, I want Banjo-Kazooie as much as anyone here on this thread.

But you must be out of your damn mind if you think a lot of us are going to pass on Ultimate over 1 character. You can go protest and feel proud all you want while we are playing the most anticipated switch game of the year and the greatest Super Smash Bros game in series history.

Death of Super Smash Bros ?

Yeah right, This game is gonna sell gangbusters likely over 10 million units when it's all said and done.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I want Banjo-Kazooie as much as anyone here on this thread.

But you must be out of your damn mind if you think a lot of us are going to pass on Ultimate over 1 character.
Indeed. What Chunky said

I might be devastated that the Grinch lied and the duo didn't get in, and I might have no hope that they'll make DLC over Minecraft, but in the end I've enjoyed every single Smash game so far without them just fine, and I'll enjoy this one too

Yeesh, I thought I was the one being a downer here...

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I agree I HATE the idea of banjo being lost to DLC years from now banjo deserves to be in the base game.

Don't know if I can handle another year of waiting & hoping just to be burned again when popular characters get outright snubed for a piranha plant sakurai has clearly lost his mind Past wtf characters at least made sense or where a main character in there series but a piranha plant …. we could of had toad or nabbit, geno, waluigi, king boo any other Mario character really.

Like if Piranha Plant was in Smash 4 base game I would understand but we had a ballot that showed sakurai who we all wanted & he waisted time & effort on this ? its not even an echo a easy to develop character like he legit spent time & effort on a regular Mario enemy & I'm a huge Mario fan but like come on I would of rather had Sandbag as a playable character, he looks so out of place in this game. has piranha plant ever been playable B4 in a Mario game ?

JonSmash

Smash Ace
YEAH ?! WTF did we not get toad playable yet ? but we got pirahna plant ! especially during the wii u & 3ds era had a out right toad fetish ! lol

the more i think about it & hear other people's opinons, pirahna plant is looking dumber & dumber & makes less & less sense

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Yeesh, so much hate for poor Piranha Plant; while it's definitely an oddball choice, it honestly looks like a really creative and fun character for what it is, not to mention I absolutely LOVE the concept; it's so far out of left field that it warps in on itself and becomes hilarious! Next to King K. Rool, Piranha Plant might be my most anticipated character in the game right now. Besides, this is nothing new; every game since Melee has had an oddball character that no one expected, but is typically one of the more creative newcomers of that particular game:

Melee: Mr. Game and Watch
Brawl: R.O.B.
Smash 4: Wii Fit Trainer and Duck Hunt
Ultimate: Piranha Plant

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
To be fair though; I totally get the rage. Petey came into the roster at a GOD AWFUL time and I'd sacrifice him for Isaac for sure.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
sakurai was clearly delusional when picking the plant.......that or he was 420 blazing it lol hopefully I'll injoy playing him

yeah sakurai stared out STRONG ! with BIG HUGE FAN FAVORITE characters so early on & said the ballot was a huge influnes on ultimate & even brought back everyone, waited SO LONG to deconferm characters so high on the ballot like isaac, shadow maybe even geno? to end it off on Ken an echo Incinaroar a not verry popular pokemon outside of japan from what I see & a generic mario baddy seams like the WORST way to end they hype for this game IMO heck even all my casual family & freinds are like WTF WHY? at these last 3 & they usualy don't care much for who gets in they wanted a alola form pokemon or mimiku (altho they all seam ok with ken) & are MAD at pirahna plant.

Its interesting to see it from there perspective since there not so into gamming as much as a core or hardcore fan they treat smash like mario party time game

Last edited:
Top Bottom