• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Then Lend us your energy fans of deconfirmed characters ! lets at least try & not only bring banjo to smash but bring him back from the dead & breath life into his franchise ! BUT we need to be VERY VOCAL ! & show are want for the bear & bird !
1541269997076.jpeg
DLC is are only hope !

D

Deleted member

Well... Duck Hunt still has their Banjo-Kazooie alt
View attachment 175330

So, that kind of rules out the color theory...
Yeah and Fox still has his wolf alt ike with chrom alt and bayo with her jeane alt or it doesn’t mean anything at all which is the likeliest case and your going on my ignore list now bye

Btw Simon has a richter alt

Last edited by a moderator:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
The results of the poll I ran were pretty interesting: Even if the mixed to negative hope outweighed the positive ones, it wasn't like a landslide victory.

Thanks for voting guys, I know I've been a downer. Interesting to see how everyone responded

1541272325142.png

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
I bet my right nut that Banjo is one of the 5 DLC fighters :)
Bro, PLEASE don't put such a vital part on the line. I bet my friend $100 that Rayman would be in, thanks to his trophy in Smash 4, Ubisoft and Nintendo's close relationship and Mario + Rabbids. I lost fair and square but if my daddybag was on the line I'd be the sorest loser in more ways than 2.

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
I actually believe there is a reason why it took so long to reveal Shadow and Isaac as assist trophies. I feel they were in development as full on fighters but ran into some issues which would have delayed the game missing the Xmas deadline.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
The results of the poll I ran were pretty interesting: Even if the mixed to negative hope outweighed the positive ones, it wasn't like a landslide victory.

Thanks for voting guys, I know I've been a downer. Interesting to see how everyone responded

What's kinda funny for us is that for quite a while we kept telling ourselves that Steve shouldn't be seen as a threat and that it would help bridge the gap between Nintendo and Microsoft.

But now that DLC has been confirmed for 5 DLC roster slots, (Character, Stage, Music) which I assume each DLC pack will be tied to one franchise, I'm not going to lie, (As much as I hate Minecraft) I'm starting to go back to thinking that he might be a threat, Since apparently Sakurai likes Minecraft and knows how popular it is from his mindset I think he see's it as:

"Hey, Everybody likes Minecraft and it's growing in popularity in Japan too, Nintendo has a great partnership going on with Microsoft and I bet Smash fans will be pumped if I put Steve in !!!"

Nintendo is really pushing Minecraft in Japan too with the 3DS bundle and just announced Switch bundle.

Not that it can't happen and I hope I'm wrong, But I don't see Microsoft locking up 2 of the 5 DLC slots, Or mix & match a single pack (Character: Banjo-Kazooie, Stage: Minecraft, Music: Both)

And if Sakurai can make Piranha Plant work then he can work with pretty much any character, Plus I think he likes to challenge his creativity and have fun with unorthadox characters.

Let's just hope Banjo-Kazooie gets enough attention to get noticed and during negotiations and Phil Spencer really pushes and stands up for the little guy "Banjo-Kazooie"

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What's kinda funny for us is that for quite a while we kept telling ourselves that Steve shouldn't be seen as a threat and that it would help bridge the gap between Nintendo and Microsoft.

But now that DLC has been confirmed for 5 DLC roster slots, (Character, Stage, Music) which I assume each DLC pack will be tied to one franchise, I'm not going to lie, (As much as I hate Minecraft) I'm starting to go back to thinking that he might be a threat, Since apparently Sakurai likes Minecraft and knows how popular it is from his mindset I think he see's it as:

"Hey, Everybody likes Minecraft and it's growing in popularity in Japan too, Nintendo has a great partnership going on with Microsoft and I bet Smash fans will be pumped if I put Steve in !!!"

Nintendo is really pushing Minecraft in Japan too with the 3DS bundle and just announced Switch bundle.

Not that it can't happen, But I don't see Microsoft locking up 2 of the 5 DLC slots, Or mix & match a single pack (Character: Banjo-Kazooie, Stage: Minecraft, Music: Both)

And if Sakurai can make Piranha Plant work then he can work with pretty much any character, Plus I think he likes to challenge his creativity and have fun with unorthadox characters.

Let's just hope Banjo-Kazooie gets enough attention to get noticed and during negotiations Phil Spencer really pushes and stands up for the little guy "Banjo-Kazooie"
Banjo:rare
Steve:mojain
Remember papa geno source remember
Both will happen its not about revelancy is about the partnership Microsoft and Nintendo made so there will be 2

D

Deleted member

Both will happen its not about revelancy is about the partnership Microsoft and Nintendo made so there will be 2
They can just make a general Microsoft pack:

-Banjo for the fighter.
-Minecraft in the form of a stage.
-Music from Microsoft properties like Rare, Mojang and Halo.

Two franchises in one pack, and more benefits won by doing so.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I never mentioned revelancy, Being recent helps, But relevancy doesn't really matter (Looks at King K.Rool) But I hope your right.

Papas seems like a good guy and I hope he's right, But correct me if I'm wrong he doesn't really have a track record of leaking things. So I wll believe it until I see it, I've been burned before.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
They can just make a general Microsoft pack:

-Banjo for the fighter.
-Minecraft in the form of a stage.
-Music from Microsoft properties like Rare, Mojang and Halo.

Two franchises in one pack, and more benefits won by doing so.
Not that it can't happen ,But I'm leaning more towards each pack being tied to 1 franchise instead of a mish mash of IP's.

Rigumaro

Smash Apprentice
Would you stop giving up on your character? I am tired of seeing people just accepting their franchise's fate when a playable Smash role can bring everything around.

Carry the torch the other franchises have carried and get Banjo playable. At least one of our franchises needs to be revived and if it isn't going to be Golden Sun then it will be Banjo and Kazooie.
Look, I've been wishing for Banjo & Kazooie for more than 11 years. I've had enough disappointment already. Jeez just realizing I've been hoping for so long is making me feel slightly pathetic. I'm sorry, I can't be all optimist like you guys. But all that wishing for nothing has made very cynical about it.

Banjo & Kazooie are no longer popular. They have a very vocal fanbase, but a small one. Just go to their subreddit to see how unpopulated and sad it is. It's not a franchise that looks financially worthy of investing in anymore. I mean just look at this years E3. The fact that Microsoft decided to reboot BATTLETOADS over B&K means they don't see it as the most valuable Rare IP. Probably due to the bad reception of Nuts & Bolts. Hell, they even didn't do ANYTHING for their 20th birthday. And well, of course I could see Phil Spencer trying to experiment and put Banjo in Smash as DLC, read the sale numbers, and then decide if it's worth investing on a new game. But then Sakurai/Nintendo would have to like that idea too.

I think B&K's community suffers the same biased view as the Geno community. We frequent specialized forums and internet sites where people are already familiar with these characters, and we get the impression that everyone knows and cares about them. But then, when you get out of those and look at the general public, they're not that well known. The 90s kid that played those games still have the nostalgia effect, but they have outgrown the 3D collectathon genre (As an example, just look at how much disappointment Yooka & Laylee caused). And the newer generation, today's kids and teenagers, don't know about Banjo and Geno other than "that old character that was mentioned on leaks", and they don't give a **** about them. You know what kids today like though? Minecraft. So yeah I definitely expect Steve over Banjo & Kazooie.

I'm sorry, this has turned into kind of a personal rant. I'm just passionate and salty, and the Grinch leak plus Papagenos' sources have me kind of frustrated because I'm done getting my hopes up. So I had to let it all out and vent a little.

But hey, if you are happy rooting for them and being hopeful, please go for it. Don't let old grumpy people like me stop you. Although I'd recommend keeping your expectations low.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I don't know.

Sakurai hasn't stated about DLC working like that.
You can say the same thing the other way around.

But, Hell I'll take it if it means Banjo-Kazooie makes it in, But it would kinda look off or weird if it is done that way.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You can say the same thing the other way around.

Hell I'll take it if it means Banjo-Kazooie makes it in, But it would kinda look off or weird if it is done that way.
I think that the general pack for Microsoft can work.

We should wait and see.

But let me tell you: i waited years to see Crash making a comeback, and if he finally did it on a big note, Banjo can too.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
I can see both Banjo and Steve... other 3rd parties have multiple characters.. why not give MS 2 to catch up considering this is the last Smash game for a while

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Its sad B/C if banjo got in base we would of had ATs a stage music a grunty boss & could of got a diddy kong racing stage as well there SO much banjo could of added to smash BUT NO ! Simon belmont got all the love instead :/ Banjo being DLC will never be as good as all that just a character a stage & music nothing else I WANTED A DIDDY KONG RACING STAGE ! :/

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I can see both Banjo and Steve... other 3rd parties have multiple characters.. why not give MS 2 to catch up considering this is the last Smash game for a while
Best case scenario, But my biggest fear for DLC is that Nintendo would ignore the ballot and fan requests and take advantage of it for promotional content, Honestly I'm expecting one of the characters to be a newcomer from the next Fire Emblem game just like they did for Smash Wii U (Ugh)

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Rigumaro Rigumaro "It's not a franchise that looks financially worthy of investing in anymore" then they should f*#&ing sell it back to nintendo !

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
if it's not financially worth it?
The only reason it would not be "financially worth it" is if they don't allow it to be. Nuts & Bolts was a blow to the series,, sure, but Banjo-Kazooie was one of the best-selling games on the N64, Banjo-Tooie was no slouch either, and Yooka-Laylee's Kickstarter campaign made 2.7 million dollars, mixed reception of the final game aside. The audience is absolutely there, revisionist history be damned.

Like, I'm pretty iffy on Banjo's chances (depends on Steve imo), and even more pessimistic about there ever being a new Banjo game, but I don't doubt for a second that the audience would come out in droves if one or both of those came to pass.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
The only reason it would not be "financially worth it" is if they don't allow it to be. Nuts & Bolts was a blow to the series,, sure, but Banjo-Kazooie was one of the best-selling games on the N64, Banjo-Tooie was no slouch either, and Yooka-Laylee's Kickstarter campaign made 2.7 million dollars, mixed reception of the final game aside. The audience is absolutely there, revisionist history be damned.

Like, I'm pretty iffy on Banjo's chances (depends on Steve imo), and even more pessimistic about there ever being a new Banjo game, but I don't doubt for a second that the audience would come out in droves if one or both of those came to pass.
As much as I would like for Nintendo to buy the IP, It wouldn't make much sense when they can just use a bigger IP like Mario and Donkey Kong to fill in that void seeing how Mario & DK is Nintendo's big 1-2 punch for Platformers.

I have no doubt that Nintendo can nail the gamplay for Banjo-Kazooie, But a big part of BK is it's snarky sense of humor, dialogue banter and innuendos which is essential and part of what makes the series so great and that's the main thing I don't have confidence Nintendo's internal teams can do justice on that department, I love Mario, But it normally plays it safe with generic, more bland friendlier humor.

Mario's humor/comedy is more rated E/G.

Banjo-Kazooie's humor/comedy is more rated E 10+/ PG.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Rigumaro Rigumaro it would be financially worth it for nintendo as banjo kazooie is an IP that is still loved & remembered & demanded by there aduace unlike xbox's dude bros who will just shill out cash for there MT in every shooter nowadays

ChunkySlugger72 ChunkySlugger72 not true nintendo relise to much on just mario zelda & so on and that didn't help sell the wii U at all it wasnt untill the gimick of the switch & finally doing somthing new with mario & zelda that they are now selling well

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I just want both Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie to be included in the N64 Classic Edition... and for Banjo-Kazooie to be a playable fighter in Smash along with Spiral Mountain stage. Is that too much to ask for?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Rigumaro Rigumaro it would be financially worth it for nintendo as banjo kazooie is an IP that is still loved & remembered & demanded by there aduace unlike xbox's dude bros who will just shill out cash for there MT in every shooter nowadays

ChunkySlugger72 ChunkySlugger72 not true nintendo relise to much on just mario zelda & so on and that didn't help sell the wii U at all it wasnt untill the gimick of the switch & finally doing somthing new with mario & zelda that they are now selling well
Dude, The main reason why the Wii U failed was because they marketed it poorly and the casual audience (Which is the main reason the Wii sold so damn well) left for mobile devices and grew tired of the fad, They have no attatchment to Nintendo's brand or franchises and Hardcore Nintendo fans already owned it, I worked in retail and througout the Wii U's lifespan the average casual person didn't even know the Wii U existed and thought it was an accessory for regular Wii and I had to explain to tons of people the difference between the Wii and Wii U how it's a new console, That's why the Wii U failed.

Last edited:

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I don't think Nintendo would be too interested in buying Banjo as sad as it sounds. They refuse to make another F Zero, Waveracer, Diddy Kong Racing etc because "well we got Mario Kart, why would you want another racing game? You already got your fix." and wont make Paper Mario an RPG because "Well we got Mario & Luigi, why would you want another Mario centric RPG? You already got your fix.". Especially since Nintendo has Mario, DK, Kirby, Yoshi and Wario Land, they probably think they have their bases covered for platformers.

However--- BK clearly left a mark on younger developers at Nintendo. Look at Mario Odyssey; that game is almost more Banjo than Mario 64. Focus on exploration over single missions, vast worlds, 50-100 special currencies in each world to gain new stuff (notes in BK, purple coins in Mario), and especially transformations. That goes to show that the game is a lot more influential than some make it out to be, and the market would very much welcome Banjo back if a game gets announced and developers can stick the landing.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
As much as I would like for Nintendo to buy the IP, It wouldn't make much sense when they can just use a bigger IP like Mario and Donkey Kong to fill in that void seeing how Mario & DK is Nintendo's big 1-2 punch for Platformers.

I have no doubt that Nintendo can nail the gamplay for Banjo-Kazooie, But a big part of BK is it's snarky sense of humor, dialogue banter and innuendos which is essential and part of what makes the series so great and that's the main thing I don't have confidence Nintendo's internal teams can do justice on that department, I love Mario, But it normally plays it safe with generic, more bland friendlier humor.

Mario's humor/comedy feels more rated E/G.

Banjo-Kazooie's humor/comedy feels more rated E 10+/ PG.
Yeah I actually agree that Nintendo doesn't have much to gain from buying Banjo when they already have juggernauts like Mario, I was just strongly contesting the argument that Banjo wouldn't be profitable.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I don't think Nintendo would be too interested in buying Banjo as sad as it sounds. They refuse to make another F Zero, Waveracer, Diddy Kong Racing etc because "well we got Mario Kart, why would you want another racing game? You already got your fix." and wont make Paper Mario an RPG because "Well we got Mario & Luigi, why would you want another Mario centric RPG? You already got your fix.". Especially since Nintendo has Mario, DK, Kirby, Yoshi and Wario Land, they probably think they have their bases covered for platformers.

However--- BK clearly left a mark on younger developers at Nintendo. Look at Mario Odyssey; that game is almost more Banjo than Mario 64. Focus on exploration over single missions, vast worlds, 50-100 special currencies in each world to gain new stuff (notes in BK, purple coins in Mario), and especially transformations. That goes to show that the game is a lot more influential than some make it out to be, and the market would very much welcome Banjo back if a game gets announced and developers can stick the landing.
That's what's kind of sad about gaming these days, Back then they could take more risks with different franchises and library's were more diverse, That's why so many company's had different platforming mascots back then. Now since teams and budgets are so damn big they play it more safer with established big name franchises,

Just like you said, Why use or create new platformer franchise when we can use Mario?

We need a racer, Why bring back F-Zero when we can use Mario Kart?

Why license official sports lcenses, when we can use Mario in sports games?

BirthNote

Smash Master
NNID
GeneticDestiny
Dude, The main reason why the Wii U failed was because they marketed it poorly and the casual audience (Which is the main reason the Wii sold so damn well) left for mobile devices and grew tired of the fad, They have no attatchment to Nintendo's brand or franchises and Hardcore Nintendo fans already owned it, I worked in retail and througout the Wii U's lifespan the average casual person didn't even know the Wii U existed and thought it was an accessory for regular Wii and I had to explain to tons of people the difference between the Wii and Wii U how it's a new console, That's why the Wii U failed.
Can confirm. I was browsing games at Best Buy 3 years ago and a random lady asked me if I worked there. I didn't, never have and wore nothing that indicates that I do, so when I politely told her no, she asked me if I knew whether Just Dance (for the Wii U) could be played on the "Regular Wii". I explained to her the same thing you've been telling customers; she thought the U meant upgrade, not a brand new system.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I've loved all of the Smash games since forever, but Banjo & Kazooie hold a special place in my heart. Bummed they didn't make base roster, but I'm hoping and dreaming with everything I have that they can make it into DLC, even if that means competing directly with Minecraft. And if not the first Fighter Pass, maybe 2020's fighter pass? It'd be a missed opportunity to not milk this game for all the DLC they can. *shrug*. I'm just damn excited for the game, but our beloved Bear and Bird would have been icing on the cake for sure.

D

Deleted member

I’ll just leave these here for you
:ulticeclimbers::ultgnw::ultpit::ultrob::ultmegaman::ultpacman::ultduckhunt::ultridley::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultkrool:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Yo guys , made something for my DLC choices!
Hope you guys like it!

View attachment 175466
Pretty good choices overall !!! My favorite type of video game characters are from cartoony platformers.

Banjo-Kazooie: Hell yeah !!! My Most Wanted Newcomer.

Crash Bandicoot: Would love to see him go toe to toe with Mario, Probably my 2nd most wanted 3rd Party choice after Banjo-Kazooie,

Rayman: Don't really have history with the franchise, But I'm aware of who he is and cool with him joining in.

I personally could care less about Steve and Sora.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Can confirm. I was browsing games at Best Buy 3 years ago and a random lady asked me if I worked there. I didn't, never have and wore nothing that indicates that I do, so when I politely told her no, she asked me if I knew whether Just Dance (for the Wii U) could be played on the "Regular Wii". I explained to her the same thing you've been telling customers; she thought the U meant upgrade, not a brand new system.
Been there lots of times, I have even had people accidentally buy Wii U games multiple times and had to come back and return them because they were unaware or didn't pay attention to the Wii U case banner and some would open the games and were pretty much screwed from their refunds.

Last edited:

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
Yo guys , made something for my DLC choices!
Hope you guys like it!

View attachment 175466
These are my picks for 3rd party reps as well. Steve is my least favorite, but I wouldn't mind him either. It's about time we get the actual iconic and popular videogame characters and not the generic anime looking crap that we might potentially get for DLC.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Anyone watching the Nintendo Live event? Minecraft content is happening.

Top Bottom