• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
No I wasn't saying boycott the game lol I was saying don't buy the steve DLC character pack of course I'm guna buy the game
Sorry then, My mistake, But I think many of us have already figured that out and would be implied since Steve isn't very popular in these parts.

Last edited:

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Anyone know how strong his track record is with leaks?
I got the "spirits replace trophies and act like stickers" thing right (though that came from a different person than my banjo source, the banjo source did agree with this "leak" about spirits though).

the way im hearing banjo is a source who supposedly has a microsoft source so its a chain of info.

My source (who is telling me banjo is in) was wrong to believe the grinch leak. though they always said their microsoft source only knew of banjo for sure but had HEARD the other grinch leak characters AND incineroar and they were confused why the grinch leak didnt have incineroar. Banjo being on the grinch leak was one of the main reasons they were looking at it and believing it.

Before the grinch leak my source figured banjo was DLC and we'd get box theory (and maybe a square rep, but basically they were just following vergeben like everyone else) so now we are back to thinking banjo as DLC is what we are getting.

So I wouldnt exactly go off my/my sources track record here. essentially they've never leaked anything until this and it was always only banjo that their source was "sure" of.

So I leave that up to you to decide if you believe it or not, I trust my source based on who they are but I have no interaction with their source I just think it makes sense from what they are telling me that they could have a source like this. I have to be kind of vague about it all and im sorry for that, and I understand without the full picture and getting the grinch leak wrong that this might not sound like the most trustable info but I do think it is likely real info so make your own decision if you want to believe it or not but I want to get the info out there anyway.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I got the "spirits replace trophies and act like stickers" thing right (though that came from a different person than my banjo source, the banjo source did agree with this "leak" about spirits though).

the way im hearing banjo is a source who supposedly has a microsoft source so its a chain of info.

My source (who is telling me banjo is in) was wrong to believe the grinch leak. though they always said their microsoft source only knew of banjo for sure but had HEARD the other grinch leak characters AND incineroar and they were confused why the grinch leak didnt have incineroar. Banjo being on the grinch leak was one of the main reasons they were looking at it and believing it.

Before the grinch leak my source figured banjo was DLC and we'd get box theory (and maybe a square rep, but basically they were just following vergeben like everyone else) so now we are back to thinking banjo as DLC is what we are getting.

So I wouldnt exactly go off my/my sources track record here. essentially they've never leaked anything until this and it was always only banjo that their source was "sure" of.

So I leave that up to you to decide if you believe it or not, I trust my source based on who they are but I have no interaction with their source I just think it makes sense from what they are telling me that they could have a source like this. I have to be kind of vague about it all and im sorry for that, and I understand without the full picture and getting the grinch leak wrong that this might not sound like the most trustable info but I do think it is likely real info so make your own decision if you want to believe it or not but I want to get the info out there anyway.
Are any leaks going around that could possibly point to when the first DLC will be announced?

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

Thanks, good to know, I'll stay cautiously optimistic, But this does give me some reassurance.

Last edited:

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice

I think it would be cool to announce Banjo as DLC at the game awards

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I want Super Smash Bros to take a page from Killer Instinct (Xbox One) and do teaser trailers for each character pack. I would love to see a trailer for Banjo-Kazooie at VGA.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Yeah... I wouldn't really put any stock in a 4chan text leak. That one in particular sounds very fanfic-y. I would be hyped for a new B&K game announcement though.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
The Banjo DLC pack trailer will be low budget like the smash 4 DLC characters or the Piranha Plant DLC trailer where its mostly done in game insted of a cool cinimatic trailer

Like i said banjo not being in base game means he will miss out on all the perks of simon belmont got :/ an after thought for $ if were even lucky

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
Either way I look forward to the speculation season for dlc as well as maintain a responsible level of hope and hype for banjo's inclusion. As far as I see it banjo's chances for being in the game (in some form) are better than ever now that we know AT LEAST how many DLC characters there are going to be.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I dunno man, I'm totally willing to go without a trailer if it means they're finally in Smash, hah. CGI trailers are nice and all, but a few years down the line from now after playing the game a few hundred hours it's hardly going to matter =P

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Either way I look forward to the speculation season for dlc as well as maintain a responsible level of hope and hype for banjo's inclusion. As far as I see it banjo's chances for being in the game (in some form) are better than ever now that we know AT LEAST how many DLC characters there are going to be.
Were pretty much back at square 1 again, back around E3 everyone was expecting Banjo-Kazooie to be DLC and not on the base roster if they were going to make it into Ultimate, Even though the grinch leak did kind of threw a wrench into that possibility, But history shows that in a lot of fighting games DLC leans heavier on 3rd Party/Guest Characters, Wii U brought Mewtwo and Lucas ,But with everyone returning that leaves the door open for Banjo-Kazooie and I really do like their chances.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I dunno man, I'm totally willing to go without a trailer if it means they're finally in Smash, hah. CGI trailers are nice and all, but a few years down the line from now after playing the game a few hundred hours it's hardly going to matter =P
It would have been awesome to see A CGI render of Banjo-Kazooie interacting with Mario and Nintendo's All-Stars, But just like you said at the end of the day as long as they make it in the game as a playable character that's all that really matter.

Everyone would have preferred base roster, But I'm just thankful Banjo-Kazooie still have a very good shot, Still a lot better to make it in as a DLC fighter than not make it in at all.

Last edited:

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman

I still believe in the source and hope you're right about their credibility

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Bro, PLEASE don't put such a vital part on the line. I bet my friend $100 that Rayman would be in, thanks to his trophy in Smash 4, Ubisoft and Nintendo's close relationship and Mario + Rabbids. I lost fair and square but if my daddybag was on the line I'd be the sorest loser in more ways than 2.
He will be in. With or without Steve. BET THAT UP!!!

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
For the past few days I've admittedly been the downer in the thread, take this gif as a make-up gift. I'm now totally behind pushing for Banjo for DLC.

If it turns out it's not meant to be, then it's not. But I would rather make one last push for the duo than rolling over and accepting defeat.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I don't think anyone really blames you. It's been an uphill losing battle for B&K for so long now, sometimes it's hard to see a resolution that doesn't end in disappointment once again. That said, with DLC on the way, a clear fanbase, a willing partnership with Microsoft / Rare, among other things, I'm not giving up on the Banjo dream quite yet! Until the last character of the Fighter Pass is released, or the last character of Fighter Pass 2 / Fighter Pass 3 / whatever if it continues, I'm not giving up.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I don't think anyone really blames you. It's been an uphill losing battle for B&K for so long now, sometimes it's hard to see a resolution that doesn't end in disappointment once again. That said, with DLC on the way, a clear fanbase, a willing partnership with Microsoft / Rare, among other things, I'm not giving up on the Banjo dream quite yet! Until the last character of the Fighter Pass is released, or the last character of Fighter Pass 2 / Fighter Pass 3 / whatever if it continues, I'm not giving up.
That's kind of what I've been saying; until the moment comes when the final DLC character is revealed and Banjo-Kazooie aren't in at that point, I'll continue to hold onto hope, because at this point, that's all we have. Although, I wouldn't get hopes up right now for future Fighter Passes after this one.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
For the past few days I've admittedly been the downer in the thread, take this gif as a make-up gift. I'm now totally behind pushing for Banjo for DLC.

If it turns out it's not meant to be, then it's not. But I would rather make one last push for the duo than rolling over and accepting defeat.

Totally understandable dude, There are times where I feel like punching a hole through the wall when the best thing to happen to the franchise since Banjo-Tooie (2000) is Rare Replay (2015), It's been nearly 20 years and we are still waiting for Threeie or a reboot.

I will still be rallying for them for DLC, But once Ultimate comes out, I will take a break/backseat here and mainly check in if any major news pops up for the franchise or when each DLC pack gets revealed.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
I may seem full pessimism, but I do still have a bit of hope in me that they'll be dlc. I remember thinking that Smash 4 DLC would end on a high note but being burned big time by getting Corrin instead (I actually did not even know who this character was at the time), so I'm very cautious with dlc this time and not buying the season pass until I see something I want.

That said, I think we should know if dlc is going to appeal to the fans or the CEOs wallets by the time the first character gets announced. If the first character is someone like Geno then I'll be very optimistic, but if we really, actually get Granblue, I'll probably throw in the speculation towel until the next Smash game. But until then, what to expect is completely up in the air, for better or for worse. Lets hope Papa Genos source is right!

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Glad to see you guys are all in high spirits for Banjo. I hope all this stuff with Phil, the N64 Mini, the merchandise, Minecraft, papagenos and Grant all actually goes somewhere. Not much to speculate until DLC comes out so I'll be here sporadically. Game still looks really great from all the footage coming out, i like a lot of the character changes, move changes, and all the hazardless stages I'm seeing. The game honestly looks fun enough that the 2 1/12 months til the first DLC character probably won't be so bad.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
The way I see it is, if the n64 classic is announced either at this month's other direct or the game awards and it has any kind of rare title (something with banjo would be best) then banjo is basically a lock in my eyes at that point. I just hope that when the n64 classic comes out we might be able to get some higher framerate. (mainly on zelda titles)

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
The way I see it is, if the n64 classic is announced either at this month's other direct or the game awards and it has any kind of rare title (something with banjo would be best) then banjo is basically a lock in my eyes at that point. I just hope that when the n64 classic comes out we might be able to get some higher framerate. (mainly on zelda titles)
Tooie was no stranger to getting choppy framrates, especially during boss battles. The xbox 360 remake makes the experience a lot more fun.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
https://www.resetera.com/posts/14617935/

So if there is an announcement soon for a N64 mini, hopefully it contains Rare games!
www.techspot.com/amp/news/77223-rumor-nintendo-64-classic-edition-announced-month.html

Here's another link I put a few days ago here, Remeber at the end of October when we said their was going to be a Smash and Nintendo Direct later this month? The Smash one already happened and theirs a rumor going on that we might get one this thursday (Nov 8) or at the end of the month and Nintendo will unveil the N64 Classic Edition during or post direct.

It makes sense because I can see Nintendo announcing it just before the launch of Sony's PlayStation Classic to steal some of it's thunder and overshadow it and apparently it's going to have 30 games to topple over Sony's 20 and the best part... it says supposely Banjo-Kazooie is going to be included which could also mean other potential Rare titles as well.

I don't see Nintendo releasing it in time for the holidays way too soon, But maybe early next year. Nintendo will just announce it during the holidays to upstage Sony and steal the spotlight.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
www.techspot.com/amp/news/77223-rumor-nintendo-64-classic-edition-announced-month.html

Here's another link I put a few days ago here, Remeber at the end of October when we said their was going to be a Smash and Nintendo Direct later this month? The Smash one already happened and theirs a rumor going on that we might get one this thursday (Nov 8) or at the end of the month and Nintendo will unveil the N64 Classic Edition during or post direct.

It makes sense because I can see Nintendo announcing it just before the launch of Sony's PlayStation Classic to steal some of it's thunder and overshadow it and apparently it's going to have 30 games to topple over Sony's 20 and the best part... it says supposely Banjo-Kazooie is going to be included which could also mean other potential Rare titles as well.

I don't see Nintendo releasing it in time for the holidays way too soon, But maybe early next year. Nintendo will just announce it during the holidays to upstage Sony and steal the spotlight.
If I see Banjo, I'll pick it up (unless its $100 like PS1 classic, it hurts to even type that price on my screen). Wether it comes out this year or next year, this is gonna be interesting.

D

Deleted member

Well this guy sure is rude
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Click it there’s more

What dose he mean what he said?
“No, but i don't speculate beyond what information i've been given. Leads to less disappointment.”

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Oh ok

Who said there will only be one MS rep when you can have 2?

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I'm almost positive he was referencing Vergeben and the guy citing Steve / Katalina. I'll keep hoping for Banjo until the game's DLC runs dry, but hopefully it won't come to that. There could be Steve and Banjo, or Banjo and some other kind of Minecraft content.

D

Deleted member

To me the likeliest and best case scenario would be banjo and Steve as fighters

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.resetera.com/posts/14617935/

So if there is an announcement soon for a N64 mini, hopefully it contains Rare games!
Will be a few obvious omissions if a deal can't be done, especially the first group of games below.

Banjo Kazooie
Banjo Tooie
Diddy Kong Racing
Conkers Bad Fur Day
Perfect Dark
Goldeneye 007*

and to a lesser extent

Killer Instinct Gold
Blast Corps
Jet Force Gemini

Six of those nine games were in the top 40 best selling N64 games of all time, worldwide. (Other one is DK64)

One thing to consider as well is that CBFD was released very late into the N64 lifecycle, towards the beginning of the Gamecube Era.

*Big barrier with the James Bond license.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I will admit defeat if an N64 Classic is released and Banjo Kazooie is not on it. If they're not not willing to work on licensing for something like that, I doubt DLC discussion would go over well.

D

Deleted member

I will admit defeat if an N64 Classic is released and Banjo Kazooie is not on it. If they're not not willing to work on licensing for something like that, I doubt DLC discussion would go over well.
I’ll just leave these here that were on the snes classic
178AA713-E4F6-4293-8CE6-A006BADD3E7D.jpeg
:ultdk:
59AD2726-D9DC-47B7-B1D1-D227450CFEA3.jpeg
:ultdiddy:
6BF9BB03-BB67-4ACF-83C9-E56CBCF318C1.jpeg
:ultkrool:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I’ll just leave these here that were on the snes classic
View attachment 176108:ultdk:
View attachment 176109:ultdiddy:
View attachment 176110:ultkrool:
The big difference here is that even though Rare created Donkey Kong Country and Banjo-Kazooie, Donkey Kong is Nintendo's own original IP and still existed before Rare came along. (Donkey Kong 1-3 Arcade and DK. Jr)

Banjo-Kazooie though created from the DKC team internally at Rare is just a spinoff of the Donkey Kong franchise and is Rare's own original IP, (Though back then it looks like Nintendo and Rare both shared the IP since Nintendo published the Banjo-Kazooie titles.)

Nintendo has always owned Donkey Kong and only lent it to Rare with the idea that anything created for the franchise was going to be theres at the end.

When Nintendo and Rare split up back in 2002, Nintendo retained all rights to the Donkey Kong Franchise and Star Fox Adventures/ Dinosaur Planet title, While Rare got to retain all of their original IP's (Banjo-Kazooie, Conker, Battletoads, Perfect Dark, Killer Instinct etc) and were reclassified as 1st Party Microsoft Xbox franchises.

That's why Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong and King K. Rool are in Super Smash Bros Ultimate, While Banjo-Kazooie is still no where to be found.

Last edited:
Top Bottom