• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, I've seen the newest leak, and while I generally try to ignore leaks because I've become sick to death of just how many there are these days, I have to say...I REALLY hope this one is legit; not only does it look very well-made (which is saying something), but then the roster would feature the top three most wanted characters (Banjo-Kazooie, Geno, and Isaac), as well as the traditional Retro character (Mach Rider) and Oddball character (Chorus Kids). Between the detail as well as the fact that the guy's been confirmed to work for a company that works for Namco-Bandai, it seems too good to be true. However, my only real concern is...how exactly is Sakurai going to manage revealing five unique fighters (let alone Shadow and Ken), especially considering we're a little over a month away from the game's current release date.

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
That's honestly really bad and reeks of clickbait. "It's fake because it's blurry" is ignorance of not knowing the origin of the leak and not an argument regardless, and you would have to be delusional to think the render is the same as the Smashified one.
My thoughts exactly. Anyone remember the ESRB leak? The "oh, NAh, LEeakZ fAke, DucK HUNt loOOks oFF, AND thE CoLOR anD THE lOGO ARe Off 2" and "dR. MArio, nO Way THEy bRought HIm BaCk". Maybe the leaker did a blurry photo because, I don't know, he/she wasn't supposed to and would get in trouble if anyone saw?

The new placements look legit, and all the leaked characters fill perfectly their spots. And they all look fine! Sure, blurry, but I mean they seem to blend in with the others pretty well! And what about that image leak from a while ago with Rhythm Heaven stuff, icon and all??

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Mumbo Jumbo definitely as an assist trophy, Gruntilda should definitely be a stage boss on top of her lair. If the leak is indeed true and they're in the base game, it'd be amazing for whatever story mode they might have for Smash Bros. have all the big Nintendo villains teaming up. Imagine Gruntilda teaming up with Bowser, King K. Rool, Ganondorf, Ridley, Dark Samus, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Wolf, Mewtwo, Dark Pit, Wario, Yellow Devil, Metal Face, and Dracula in a big story mode with cutscenes and everything. Sounds too good to be true, but then so much about this game especially today seems too good to be true.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Wow, my mind is telling me not to believe any "leaks" but I just can't help feeling hyped to see Banjo & Kazooie, Geno and Mach Rider within the leak. Never, was much of a supporter for Mach Rider and Geno but that doesn't mean I don't think they'd make some incredibly fun characters to play as. Plus with banjo & Kazooie those 3 sound like the perfect batch of newcomers.

Noticed a lot of people wanting Mumbo as an AT. How would you all want him to be utilized? Transforming a character into an animal/appliance version of themselves or run around the stage with his staff and zapping people?

Last edited:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
If the Mural/Grinch leak is true...I will laugh at everyone who believed and expected Sakurai to pick Steve/Master Chief over Banjo.

The “I was wrong” thread will be glorious.

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
Isabel and the Box Siri really killed my hype but this leak is doing wonders for it. if these are our final newcomers I have zero complaints, even if there is no DLC which I hope there is I would be hundred percent satisfied with this

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
If the Mural/Grinch leak is true...I will laugh at everyone who believed and expected Sakurai to pick Steve/Master Chief over Banjo.

And all of the people who were trolling with the ugly Steve memes will be btfo.

Of course no disrespect to the actual Steve supporters.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord

Typically, I don't like to engage in such behavior, but if this leak is legit, then I might make an exception! Because damn, was I starting to get annoyed at people who disregarded Banjo-Kazooie while promoting Steve.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
So somebody on the Geno discussion forum was saying that Phil Spencer was described in an interview saying that if Nintendo approached him about putting Banjo in Smash he would be happy to let them. Key word: "would". Ask the Banjo support thread for the source, they use it as evidence that he is in. Also he said it around June, Sakurai says it takes him a year to make a new character so they can't have added him since.

Do you guys think this confirms the leak fake then? I'm just trying to keep an open mind and not end up being disappointed if this turns out to be fake.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
I'd say don't believe anything until it's proven fact if you don't want to be disappointed. Also, Sakurai or Phil Spencer could say anything they want to the public but only they know what's going on behind closed doors. For all we know Banjo's been in development since last year or Sakurai never had any intention of adding him to the base roster at all... we will never know until after the game is released at least.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'd say don't believe anything until it's proven fact if you don't want to be disappointed. Also, Sakurai or Phil Spencer could say anything they want to the public but only they know what's going on behind closed doors. For all we know Banjo's been in development since last year or Sakurai never had any intention of adding him to the base roster at all... we will never know until after the game is released at least.
True true. We're just so close to getting confirmation on whether or not they're in and with this bombshell dropped on us, it's gonna be a long month coming up.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So somebody on the Geno discussion forum was saying that Phil Spencer was described in an interview saying that if Nintendo approached him about putting Banjo in Smash he would be happy to let them. Key word: "would". Ask the Banjo support thread for the source, they use it as evidence that he is in. Also he said it around June, Sakurai says it takes him a year to make a new character so they can't have added him since.

Do you guys think this confirms the leak fake then? I'm just trying to keep an open mind and not end up being disappointed if this turns out to be fake.
To be fair, if Banjo WAS already in by this point or not, Phil couldn't say anything that would confirm/deconfirm this; I think his reply was intentionally neutral to avoid possible NDA troubles.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
You know, thinking about it a bit, if either Mach Rider or Chorus Kids (or BOTH) get confirmed before the others, and it's in a regular Direct of some sort, then that pretty much heavily implies this leak would be legit, because I guarantee almost NOBODY would be able to call those two!

So, basically, I hope they confirm the next Direct soon; the anxiety of wanting to know if this is real or not is going to be torture!

EpicElliot

Smash Apprentice
LETS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so dose this mean Shaunte is a AT then ? (if the leak is real) witch at this point a leak like this was bound to happen why did sakurai not just reviel everyone earlier ?

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Noticed a lot of people wanting Mumbo as an AT. How would you all want him to be utilized? Transforming a character into an animal/appliance version of themselves or run around the stage with his staff and zapping people?
I imagined he'd be similar to Riki, Ashley, or Skull Kid in Smash 4 where he stands wherever he's summoned and performs a variety of effects from Banjo-Tooie, such as Healing (Isle of Hags) a character close to him, Enlarge (Terrydactyland) the character who summoned him, Summon (Mayahem Temple) a random item, and randomly zap anyone who gets close to him with his Shaman Zap Stick. While chanting 'EEKUM-BOKUM', of course :3

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
If theres a story mode with cutscens, I really hope theres dialouge too. It would be odd to see good ol Grunty without her running her mouth off! It would be even better if each character had dialouge boxes from there games, like Ganondorf has an OOT text box when he speaks and Grunty has the classic BK text and noises. Leak or not Id still be hype to see what they do!

puremrz

Smash Apprentice
I can see him appear and transform everyone but the user into washing machines that can only move and jump around, maybe shoot out underpants. And once in a while the user instead becomes the washing machine.

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
If theres a story mode with cutscens, I really hope theres dialouge too. It would be odd to see good ol Grunty without her running her mouth off! It would be even better if each character had dialouge boxes from there games, like Ganondorf has an OOT text box when he speaks and Grunty has the classic BK text and noises. Leak or not Id still be hype to see what they do!
Now I imagine Snake having codec conversations about the language that Banjo-kazooie and Gruntilda speak. "Are they even speaking the same language?"

zferolie

Smash Hero
Now I imagine Snake having codec conversations about the language that Banjo-kazooie and Gruntilda speak. "Are they even speaking the same language?"
Man that would be great. I can see The Palutena and Viridi making their own version of that language as well for their advice lines

D

Deleted member

LETS GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so dose this mean Shaunte is a AT then ? (if the leak is real) witch at this point a leak like this was bound to happen why did sakurai not just reviel everyone earlier ?
It looks like so but she’ll be a great assist than the others

TOY the Gamer

Smash Ace
Just popping in from the Shantae thread. I'm glad that it looks like y'all are finally going to get your candidate. Congrats.

I just wish I could say the same for mine... :'(

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Just popping in from the Shantae thread. I'm glad that it looks like y'all are finally going to get your candidate. Congrats.

Just wanna say don't give up hope on Shantae. I want her just as much as you do.

Coofle DeDoofle

Smash Apprentice

It's cool. I wanted Bandana Dee and Elma, so a lot of us aren't getting everything we want.

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
I want to believe it, But at the same time I don't want to believe it.
I agree. This is the first “leak” I have believed this Smash cycle (last time I believed Palutena and ESRB leak), but at the same time I feel like I am making myself vulnerable if I put too much faith in it.

Top Bottom