• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
There was a problem fetching the tweet
So, uh... how bout this?
Perfect Dark is the only other Rare IP listed on the site. No Goldeneye, no Conker.

Could they be heading to N64 Mini, or Smash? (PD could very easily be a trophy or AT to spiritually represent Goldeneye... and to bring back Cloaking Device from Melee!)
This was brought up a couple of months ago, Not sure why it's still on Nintendo's UK site, Probably because Nintendo still has some sort of publishing rights or maybe because Rare Ltd is also located in the UK, It was also still there along with Banjo-Tooie a few years ago back when Nintendo's sites still had the Blue and white Wii/Wii U branding maybe they were planned for Virtual Console at one point or something, Hopefully it means something much more, but at least it shows that Nintendo didn't completely sweep them under the rug.

Banjo-Kazooie
https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-64/Banjo-Kazooie-269415.html

Banjo-Tooie
www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-64/Banjo-Tooie-269426

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Copypasta from Banjo-Kazooie, you got a Smash ready moveset. :rotfl:
Of course. I just don’t know how well they would’ve been implemented in Melee with the rushed release and the affinity for clones in Melee. Now there is no reason for them to not have their full move sets from Kazooie and Tooie!

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
There was a problem fetching the tweet
So, uh... how bout this?
Perfect Dark is the only other Rare IP listed on the site. No Goldeneye, no Conker.

Could they be heading to N64 Mini, or Smash? (PD could very easily be a trophy or AT to spiritually represent Goldeneye... and to bring back Cloaking Device from Melee!)
OH PLEASE. Please let this mean something important. It’s so good to see them under Nintendo’s banner again.

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
OH PLEASE. Please let this mean something important. It’s so good to see them under Nintendo’s banner again.
It has been listed on the website for around 10 years. It doesn't mean anything. However I do remember Banjo Kazooie being listed in Super Smash Bros Brawl under the chronicles menu.

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
It has been listed on the website for around 10 years. It doesn't mean anything. However I do remember Banjo Kazooie being listed in Super Smash Bros Brawl under the chronicles menu.
I just looked up the chronicle, apparenly Banjo Kazooie, Tooie and Perfect Dark are only referenced in Europe, and Goldeneye is listed in both Europe and Japan but no North America. Why only Europe except for 007, I have no clue besides maybe some very minor legal stuff that prevents them from talking about them in certain reigons.

dinkeytom

Smash Apprentice
I just looked up the chronicle, apparenly Banjo Kazooie, Tooie and Perfect Dark are only referenced in Europe, and Goldeneye is listed in both Europe and Japan but no North America. Why only Europe except for 007, I have no clue besides maybe some very minor legal stuff that prevents them from talking about them in certain reigons.
I think Nintendo of Europe had significant involvement in the publishing of those games in Europe. I recall the Super Mario Club debugging all of the N64 Rare games including Conker.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Playing Banjo-Kazooie too right now on the N64, Just finished Mad Monster Mansion right now and will be heading into Rusty Bucket Bay later tonight or tomorrow.
I have a very hard time navigating the actual castle which is funny because the levels are pretty straight forward.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Banjo-Kazooie and Perfect Dark returning would be a dream come true.

Donkey Kong serves as the alt 2D platformer to Mario, and Banjo Kazooie as Mario’s alt 3D platformer.

Meanwhile Perfect Dark would be great as Nintendo’s true FP series.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
This was brought up a couple of months ago, Not sure why it's still on Nintendo's UK site, Probably because Nintendo still has some sort of publishing rights or maybe because Rare Ltd is also located in the UK, It was also still there along with Banjo-Tooie a few years ago back when Nintendo's sites still had the Blue and white Wii/Wii U branding maybe they were planned for Virtual Console at one point or something, Hopefully it means something much more, but at least it shows that Nintendo didn't completely sweep them under the rug.

Even if this has been on the site for a long time, It still gives me a little more hope.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Alright Banjoroos, let's analyze this and see if we can find a render for the inspiration of Banjo & Kazooie in this "leak" courtesy of FantasyBlade FantasyBlade

Let's be careful and not get ahead of ourselves--let's remain skeptical, critical, and see if we can find any flaws before jumping to conclusions. One BIG hint this may be fake is lacking Incineroar. Other than that, I don't see anything super crazy off.

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
Alright Banjoroos, let's analyze this and see if we can find a render for the inspiration of Banjo & Kazooie in this "leak" courtesy of FantasyBlade FantasyBlade

Let's be careful and not get ahead of ourselves--let's remain skeptical, critical, and see if we can find any flaws before jumping to conclusions. One BIG hint this may be fake is lacking Incineroar. Other than that, I don't see anything super crazy off.
You can see Banjo's head with Kazooie just slighly above and to the right. just above Greninja and to the left of Snake

If this "leak" turns out to be true...BANJO CONFIRMED!!! YAAAAASSSSSSS!!!
Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Last edited:

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
Really hope we get to see some youtube stuff on this. If it doesn't get disproved instantly. Papageno's basically any youtuber outside of lax'

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Why does every leaker have a flip phone for a camera and can't learn to focus or hold it still? You would think in this day and age everyone would have at least a decent camera on their smartphones by now.

Jokes aside, I hope it's real, considering development for the game should be wrapping up just about now, But it's likely fake and maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, But Banjo-Kazooie's render color looks too dark and off, Looks like it pops out more noticeably and looks like it was edited/photoshoped into the artwork instead of blending in with the crowd, Not to mention Banjo shares almost the same fur and skin color scheme as Donkey Kong who is in the upper right corner of the 2nd image and doesn't really pop like Banjo considering DK has slightly darker fur than Banjo.

Last edited:

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
Holy jiggy! Too good to be true, I think this image offers a lot to be debunked (dont know how, just assuming). We will probably know whats up with this "leak" in less than 2 hours. If by any chance it survives more than 1 day it may be real guys

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Isaac is between Snake and Isabelle
Geno is to the left of Jigglypuff
https://smashboards.com/proxy.php?image=http://i.4cdn.org/v/1540364808060.jpg&hash=b8915a717ae9f13e21978ad7171ab7ee

Holy crap this might be legit :o Please let this be legit. The Chorus Kids being included is interesting and part of the reason why I believe it. Someone mentioned the Mii Fighters were missing but I could make them out. I think everyone is accounted for! Banjo-Kazooie, Issac, Geno, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider (who's inbetween Rosalina & Luma and the Inklings), Ken (who's between Samus and Diddy Kong performing a Shoryuken), and Shadow along with Inklings, Ridley, King K. Rool, Daisy, Dark Samus, Chrom, Simon Belmont, and Richter Belmont is a newcomer roster I can get behind! That'd be 16 total newcomers, 10 completely original newcomers and 6 Echo Fighter newcomers, which is a little over the Melee newcomer roster. And that would be pretty much 81 playable characters total, which is a great number for playable characters. Man I hope that's real. It would make so many people happy.

Last edited:

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
Mach Rider is also in this leak. Some people have been looking into it and found the leaker accidentally made it so his name is in the pic, and they backtraced it to a company that does work for Bandai Namco. It might be legit and if it is.

I'm feeling it, I really am.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I want to remain cautious, But maybe Sakurai is using the "Not to expect too many newcomers" or "Slow down on character reveals" as a bluff to lower expectations and then go guns blazing on newcomer reveals before launch to maximize hype.

Last edited:

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
I want to remain cautious, But maybe Sakurai is using the "Not to expect too many newcomers" or "Slow down on character reveals" as a bluff to lower expectations and then go guns blazing on newcomer reveals before launch to maximize hype.
If I'm counting right, not including echoes this entry would have 10 newcomers. Still less than the rest of the games, even including echoes it would only be more than Melee, and wasn't the quote from Sakurai referring to the pacing of reveals? If these last ones are revealed in one or two final trailers than he wouldn't be wrong there either.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
If I'm counting right, not including echoes this entry would have 10 newcomers. Still less than the rest of the games, even including echoes it would only be more than Melee, and wasn't the quote from Sakurai referring to the pacing of reveals? If these last ones are revealed in one or two final trailers than he wouldn't be wrong there either.
It was. It was all about the pacing. And considering in just September and August he revealed 6 characters, that is one heck of a reveal count

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Keep in mind too, if Banjo or any of the others look a little wonky on here, so do some of the veterans. Donkey Kong is incredibly off compared to his in-game render. Coming from an artist myself, Banjo's a hard character to get down correctly. The fact that he AND Kazooie are drawn on here is enough to satisfy my expectations. Plus being in the classic N64 style, how can I not be happy? I hope this doesn't get proven fake, its too damn good to be true.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I don't know whether or not it's happening, bois, but the fact that I can't tell is probably a good sign

ShadowYoshi04

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3067-9785-8173
Every day I'm starting to want Banjo more and more. He's starting to become my most wanted reasonable character. I don't like using the term, but I think he and Kazooie deserve a spot. I also somewhat want him to make Steve supporters go crazy, especially one who's starting to p**s me off.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
They could be planned free DLC too like Splatoon style?
I seriously doubt Ultimate gets free DLC, This game is going to likely sell over 10 million units throughout the Switch's lifespan and even if percentage of that userbase buys DLC (Likely the hardcore fans) That's big profit right there.

That being said if Banjo-Kazooie don't make the base, I will happily and gladly pay extra for them as DLC.

Last edited:

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
Looking at Banjo's poster render more closely I realised one thing. At first I thought Banjo had his hand over his eyes like his smashified render but if you look closely enough he doesn't have his hand there. I think those are his eyes showing like an expression of surprise due to the fact that Kazooie is springing out of his backpack to get the attention.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Looking at Banjo's poster render more closely I realised one thing. At first I thought Banjo had his hand over his eyes like his smashified render but if you look closely enough he doesn't have his hand there. I think those are his eyes showing like an expression of surprise due to the fact that Kazooie is springing out of his backpack to get the attention.
That's what I thought their render was based on too and thought it was a dead giveaway as a fake, But then I noticed how Banjo & Kazooie weren't doing their look out pose where they are watching each others back like the Smashified render, So that makes things a bit more interesting.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Well I haven't been here in several weeks, but Jezuuz the internet is exploding right now at this leak. I am cautiously hoping it's real, and still holding out for Banjo & Kazooie even if it turns out to be a hoax. I agree that even though they look a bit wonky on the banner, half the characters on the banner have weird poses and weird faces so that's the least of my concerns regarding if the leak is fake or not.

Also Banjo and Kazooie have weird faces anyway guys, just admit it.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Even more interesting, they actually moved Mii Gunner up with the other Mii Fighters to make room for Banjo & Kazooie between Snake, Greninja, and Daisy. The fact that they've moved a LOT of characters around like Olimar & Mr. Saturn for Issac, Jigglypuff and Pokemon Trainer for the Chorus Kids, made room for Geno between Dark Samus and Marth, moved the Mii Fighters entirely for Shadow the Hedgehog, moved Sheik, Luigi & R.O.B. over for Ken, and made space for Mach Rider between Rosalina & Luma and the Inklings. Even if they were able to add characters like some fake leakers have done, its really hard to be able to move characters around like that. Hopefully the Direct can shed some light on whether or not it's legit. I HOPE IT'S LEGIT.

Flamingbird

Smash Cadet
Without Skull Kid being on there idk. There seemed to be too much evidence in the background of the last direct like they had for K. Rool in the E3 direct.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
The Direct? Is there a Direct coming soon?
There's at least two rumored directs between now and release, one being a general Nintendo Direct, the other being a Smash-oriented Direct. Between the two of them, the remaining fighters could be revealed...

They're predicting November 8th for a Direct. Which would be a little less than a month before release. Perfect time to stir up hype for release.

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
Without Skull Kid being on there idk. There seemed to be too much evidence in the background of the last direct like they had for K. Rool in the E3 direct.
There's also the issue with Incineroar, but they can very well be DLC.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
The Direct? Is there a Direct coming soon?
Everyone is expecting a Smash direct in November, But what's kind of odd is that apparently there maybe a Nintendo direct as well, Which is really unusual considering we had one back last month and Nintendo usually spaces out full Nintendo directs far apart, Before September the last one I believe was in March if I'm not mistaken, But considering we have Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee and Super Smash Bros Ultimate back to back this holiday season maybe they are gearing up for that and a few other surprises.

Spawn/Rumor Wave: Smash and Nintendo Directs for November?
https://youtu.be/vlSUKV672AY

Last edited:
Top Bottom