• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

NIckynickreviews

Smash Cadet
On an episode of Japan Time a few weeks back Duncankneedeep said one of his most reliable sources said Incineroar was in as well

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
I thought the only evidence we had going for Incineroar was Vergebren saying one of his sources said the name.
True, I meant that this doesn't necessarily contradict Vergeben or that X character is finally not in the game. I'm also pretty much convinced about Skull Kid.

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Alright Banjoroos, let's analyze this and see if we can find a render for the inspiration of Banjo & Kazooie in this "leak" courtesy of @FantasyBlade

Let's be careful and not get ahead of ourselves--let's remain skeptical, critical, and see if we can find any flaws before jumping to conclusions. One BIG hint this may be fake is lacking Incineroar. Other than that, I don't see anything super crazy off.
Who is the character in the top left that's staring into my soul? That can't be Banjo could it? The fur color looks lighter, or the different shade of brown in comparison to the darker brown in the long roster pic. And below that character staring at us is something light green. Grunty?

I'm just throwing out ideas of course.

Scottfrankd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScottFrankD
https://smashboards.com/proxy.php?image=http://i.4cdn.org/v/1540364808060.jpg&hash=b8915a717ae9f13e21978ad7171ab7ee

Holy crap this might be legit :o Please let this be legit. The Chorus Kids being included is interesting and part of the reason why I believe it. Someone mentioned the Mii Fighters were missing but I could make them out. I think everyone is accounted for! Banjo-Kazooie, Issac, Geno, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider (who's inbetween Rosalina & Luma and the Inklings), Ken (who's between Samus and Diddy Kong performing a Shoryuken), and Shadow along with Inklings, Ridley, King K. Rool, Daisy, Dark Samus, Chrom, Simon Belmont, and Richter Belmont is a newcomer roster I can get behind! That'd be 16 total newcomers, 9 completely original newcomers and 6 Echo Fighter newcomers, which is a little over the Melee newcomer roster. And that would be pretty much 73 - 75 playable characters total, which is a great number for playable characters. Man I hope that's real. It would make so many people happy.
Honestly, I'm feeling this. It's a shame that some characters I really wanted aren't in this 'leak', but I think they are solid to finish off with - 7 seems realistic enough to put into one final direct before release, and I think the choices for echo characters, obscure retro character and BANJO as our killer third party just seem right.

It really can't be long until we get a direct blowing this out, and a demo/pre-order option on the eshop.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
So what is a list of all characters in this “leak”?

Edit: never mind. A quick google search gave me the answer. Yes there is a Ken.

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
I don't want to go off topic newcomer wise but in the pic where Mach Rider is I thought there was a character below him in front of his left leg, until I realized he's actually sitting on his bike. He's also holding his gun with his left hand. If his default costume is his retro design and the bike is the Melee redesign then he might also have his Melee redesign as an alt costume, which would be pretty sick. Man I hope these pics are real.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Also I wanted to point out the Grinch in the bottom right corner of the 2nd pic. I know this game comes out in December but the Grinch just casually being there is a reminder to not fully trust these pics.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
That would make this a realistic dream roster. Let’s hope it is right. The good news is because it is getting so much attention, that if it is fake, we’ll find out soon.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
So what is a list of all characters in this “leak”?
If this is legit we're looking at a roster consisting of:

1. Mario
  2. Donkey Kong
  3. Link
  4. Samus
    1. Dark Samus
  5. Yoshi
  6. Kirby
  7. Fox
  8. Pikachu
  9. Luigi
  10. Ness
  11. Captain Falcon
  12. Jigglypuff
  13. Peach
    1. Daisy
  14. Bowser
  15. Ice Climbers
  16. Sheik
  17. Zelda
  18. Dr. Mario
  19. Pichu
  20. Falco
  21. Marth
    1. Lucina
  22. Young Link
  23. Ganondorf
  24. Mewtwo
  25. Roy
    1. Chrom
  26. Mr. Game & Watch
  27. Meta Knight
  28. Pit
    1. Dark Pit
  29. Zero Suit Samus
  30. Wario
  31. Snake
  32. Ike
  33. Squirtle (Pokemon Trainer)
  34. Ivysaur (Pokemon Trainer)
  35. Charizard (Pokemon Trainer)
  36. Diddy Kong
  37. Lucas
  38. Sonic the Hedgehog
    1. Shadow the Hedgehog
  39. King Dedede
  40. Olimar
  41. Lucario
  42. R.O.B.
  43. Toon Link
  44. Wolf
  45. Villager
  46. Mega Man
  47. Wii Fit Trainer
  48. Rosalina & Luma
  49. Little Mac
  50. Greninja
  51. Mii Brawler
  52. Mii Swordfighter
  53. Mii Gunner
  54. Palutena
  55. Pac-Man
  56. Robin
  57. Shulk
  58. Bowser Jr.
  59. Duck Hunt
  60. Ryu
    1. Ken
  61. Cloud
  62. Corrin
  63. Bayonetta
  64. Inkling
  65. Ridley
  66. Simon Belmont
    1. Richter Belmont
  67. King K. Rool
  68. Isabelle
  69. Issac
  70. Mach Rider
  71. Chorus Kids
  72. Geno
  73. Banjo-Kazooie

That would be a total of 10 brand newcomers and 6 new Echo Fighters for a grand total of 16 newcomers, three over Melee's newcomer count, two under Brawl's newcomer count, and five under Wii U & 3DS' newcomer count. This would be a dream come true if its legit.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I think this is the first time in the main thread that people here are taking Banjo seriously. If anything, that feels nice.

zferolie

Smash Hero
While this leak doesn't have my girls Shantae or Medusa, this would be a dream roster, and I would love it. Plus they still have a chance as DLC.

Heck, Banjo and Kazooie would be a dream come true for smash, and maybe give us hope for more Banjo Kazooie games in the future(maybe on both Switch and XBONE if Nintendo and Microsoft stay Buddy buddy

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
If that banner leak is legit, Than just like we have been saying the whole time, The final reveal, heavy hitter/bombshell/Jawdropper newcomer without a doubt would have to be Banjo-Kazooie from that batch of characters, I can't really picture them being revealed in the beginning or mid direct, They have to be the Grand Finale Showstopper.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Something else to point out if this leak is indeed true is the fact that we have another Retro NES rep in Mach Rider and a far-out wacky inclusion rep with the Chorus Kids from Rhythm Heaven, matching up with the likes of Ice Climbers, Pit, and Duck Hunt being included in each of the previous installments for Retro NES reps and the likes of Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., and Wii Fit Trainer being included in each of the previous installments as far-out wacky inclusion reps. The fact that the Chorus Kids were included was what makes me think it could be legit more than anything. They were hinted at in King K. Rool's trailer with Donkey Kong positioned in a similar manner to Karate Joe and the Chorus Kids were rumored to be newcomers in the last game with the Sneaky Spirits from Rhythm Heaven being strangely included in Smash Run. The fact they would include characters like Mach Rider and Chorus Kids is interesting. If it means having Issac, Geno, and BANJO & KAZOOIE included, I'm all for it. And the likes of Ken and Shadow being Echo Fighters adds more to the likelihood.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Something else to point out if this leak is indeed true is the fact that we have another Retro NES rep in Mach Rider and a far-out wacky inclusion rep with the Chorus Kids from Rhythm Heaven, matching up with the likes of Ice Climbers, Pit, and Duck Hunt being included in each of the previous installments for Retro NES reps and the likes of Mr. Game & Watch, R.O.B., and Wii Fit Trainer being included in each of the previous installments as far-out wacky inclusion reps. The fact that the Chorus Kids were included was what makes me think it could be legit more than anything. They were hinted at in King K. Rool's trailer with Donkey Kong positioned in a similar manner to Karate Joe and the Chorus Kids were rumored to be newcomers in the last game with the Sneaky Spirits from Rhythm Heaven being strangely included in Smash Run. The fact they would include characters like Mach Rider and Chorus Kids is interesting. If it means having Issac, Geno, and BANJO & KAZOOIE included, I'm all for it. And the likes of Ken and Shadow being Echo Fighters adds more to the likelihood.
The Retro rep and weird/wacky newcomer is what makes the leak more believeable, Everyone is expecting the usual favorites to make it in, But just like past Smash games we also seem to get those "Out of Left Field" characters that no one saw coming that Sakurai like to put in the game.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
The Retro rep and weird/wacky newcomer is what makes the leak more believeable, Everyone is expecting the usual favorites to make it in, But just like past Smash games we also seem to get those "Out of Left Field" characters that no one saw coming that Sakurai like to put in the game.
Exactly my point! Sakurai LOVES those kind of characters. Every iteration of Smash since Melee has had out of left field and retro reps as newcomers so for Chorus Kids and Mach Rider to be added instead of other characters like Incineroar, Dixie Kong, or Skull Kid makes me think this could be legit. Also, I'm super biased and want this to be legit because BANJO & KAZOOIE BEING INCLUDED ALONGSIDE ALL THESE NINTENDO ALL-STARS MAKES ME WANT TO BURST WITH ECSTATIC JOY!

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
I imagine Mach Rider would be allow players to choose between male and female skins.

Imagine Mach Rider vs Captain Falcon!

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
On one hand. Incineroar could be a dlc fighter, but I doubt that considering the leaks.

On another hand, its the traditional blur fest, but it looks like a LOT has been shuffled around and that would require near professional work to make it look decent (and this leak does look decent).

On a third hand, Banjo and Kazooie look a little weird, but then again, Simons face and DKs face bith look off.

I dont know about this one. Im going to keep an eye on it, but no Inceneroar is odd. Of course, whenever the roster leaks tehres always that one character thats missing that everyone thinks is a lock ("No Ice Climbers? But theyre a lock!!!")

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
On one hand. Incineroar could be a dlc fighter, but I doubt that considering the leaks.

On another hand, its the traditional blur fest, but it looks like a LOT has been shuffled around and that would require near professional work to make it look decent (and this leak does look decent).

On a third hand, Banjo and Kazooie look a little weird, but then again, Simons face and DKs face bith look off.

I dont know about this one. Im going to keep an eye on it, but no Inceneroar is odd. Of course, whenever the roster leaks tehres always that one character thats missing that everyone thinks is a lock ("No Ice Climbers? But theyre a lock!!!")
That's what I was saying earlier, Banjo & Kazooie do look off but then again Donkey Kong and Simon Belmont do as well. Not everyone looks spot on in the banner. This is just artwork in the end. It's not what they'll look like officially in game.

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
This looks all most full proof but I'm afraid to get my hopes up and get disappointed but if this was real this would be the best scenario

Llort A. Ton

Smash Lord
NNID
GamerGuy758
3DS FC
0731-5017-6481
Switch FC
SW 1185 9411 4529
GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!
View attachment 171535
Man, thats sime serious detective work. Either way this guy is probably gonna get his ass blasted at work today. Hopeful, and biw ive got an extra eye on this, but not buying it juuuust yet. If we get video, then its "holy ****" time.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
BanjoRoos, we must wait and see what happens. This could be THE leak to end all leaks.
If it's legit, let's welcome them home in open arms!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'll just be here praying this whole leak's real, even if we got Grinch'd on badly with it. I think I can buy a ruined surprise if it means we can enjoy the contents of it over never being a thing.

Besides... Banjo and Kazooie finally, FINALLY making their way to crew that they grew up with...

God, my childhood, among many others', would be complete.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Banjo and Kazooie honestly was someone just a few short months ago I assumed would never be in a new game, let alone smash. But now, with all this happening... crazy.

Also, no, this doesn't ruin any hype, and their reveal trailers will still be super awesome.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Woke up this morning and the first thing I see is this new leak and holy crap I really really want to believe for Banjo & Kazooie and Isaac alone. Plus I like to see Shadow in too. It's time for Banjo & Kazooie to be reunited with their Nintendo comrades.

Last edited:

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
I'm gonna wait and see the next character reveal before believing this "leak", but if that leak is true... That'd mean the full newcomer list could be

Inklings
Daisy
Ridley
Simon
Richter
Chrom
Dark Samus
King K. Rool
Isabelle
Shadow
Ken
Mach Rider
Chorus Kids
Geno
Isaac
Banjo & Kazooie

Geez, that'd be a beautiful lineup. And oh boy, Banjo would be Ridley and K. Rool all over again.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'm gonna wait and see the next character reveal before believing this "leak", but if that leak is true... That'd mean the full newcomer list could be

Inklings
Daisy
Ridley
Simon
Richter
Chrom
Dark Samus
King K. Rool
Isabelle
Shadow
Ken
Mach Rider
Chorus Kids
Geno
Isaac
Banjo & Kazooie

Geez, that'd be a beautiful lineup. And oh boy, Banjo would be Ridley and K. Rool all over again.
It truly would be a beautiful line up. And if you add DLC for characters like Bandanna Waddle Dee, Paper Mario, Dixie Kong, Skull Kid, Incineroar, Elma, Rex & Pyra, Spring Man/Ribbon Girl, and Rayman this could be the greatest Smash roster of all time.

D

Deleted member

It truly would be a beautiful line up. And if you add DLC for characters like Bandanna Waddle Dee, Paper Mario, Dixie Kong, Skull Kid, Incineroar, Elma, Rex & Pyra, Spring Man/Ribbon Girl, and Rayman this could be the greatest Smash roster of all time.
Hate to say this but the leak says Dixie was cut sorry:(

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I mean the fact that Banjo & Kazooie, the pair of characters everyone was CERTAIN no more than a few months ago, would never make it in, that the likes of Steve from Minecraft and even Master ******* Chief had a better chance of getting in than Banjo & Kazooie, that they are even being possibly confirmed to be part of the base roster of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, is more than I could've ever hoped for. If this leak is legitimately true without a Shadow the Hedgehog of a doubt, I will be eternally happy and grateful to Sakurai, his team, Nintendo, and even Microsoft for bringing the bear and bird home to where they belong and hopefully open the door for their return to Nintendo consoles with remastered editions and maybe even the start of a new era of platforming games.

But, once again, trying to keep my expectations low. I hope this leak is true beyond all others.

Top Bottom