• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

PurpleStrings16

Smash Cadet
Just saying guys, I am going to lose my mind if Banjo-Kazooie is actually in.

Ever since I could ponder what characters I wanted in Smash, I have always wanted three characters the most.

3. Pac-Man
2. Little Mac
1. Banjo-Kazooie

Needless to say, I was thrilled at Little Mac and Pac-Man’s inclusion last cycle, but I have always by far wanted Banjo more than anything. I was always making myself kind of upset at what happened to them, convincing myself more and more that I’m just hurting myself with a pipe dream.

I have no idea what I will do when that trailer finally unfolds on my screen, but that moment is probably going to be one of the best in my life.

Stay positive forum.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well, I do support Banjo & Kazooie's inclusion 100%, but Shantae had my heart from the moment Ultimate was announced.
Don't give up hope for her yet. I am sure she is in as an early DLC, I feel like they probably moved her to DLC for time reasons

JonSmash

Smash Ace
OOOOOHHHHH **** !!!!!!! BANJO & OTHERS LEAK I KNEW IT WOULD LEAK WHY DID SAKURAI WAIT SO LONG TO REVILE THESE CHARACTERS !?!? LOL the grinch XD what timeline are we in??? darn french !

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
This is starting to hit mainstream levels as it popped up on my Facebook. **** guys...this is looking pretty damn real...

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Hello my friends let me tell you all a tale about....
View attachment 171568
If the leak turns out to be true I will go to my local movie theatre and hug the giant Grinch movie promo cardboard display in the lobby and thank it for giving me my Christmas present early.

If the leak turns out to be fake, I'm going to take my aluminium baseball bat and beat the s*** out of the display and tear it down, While yelling "You really did steal Christmas for me you green b*stard !!!"

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
LOL gamexplain just outright dismissed the leak without a seconed thought but eat up every word Verge says LOL are they but hurt about Incinaroar XD

If that leak turns out to be true that's an amazing line up and would satisfy a lot of people.

No Dixie Kong, Crash and Rayman makes me sad but BK alone would override that.

Fingers crossed....

Also, some more pics in regards to Banjo merchandise:

These are from the Takara(I believe that is some sort of toy company or line of toys) range in Japan back in the day and were available to buy in Japan.

The Tooty one is pretty uncommon and sells for $300+....

Nearly finished my playthrough of Banjo Tooie, up to Gruntilda. Need to go back to Grunty Industries and Jolly Rogers Lagoon to find a Jinjo, plus find the safe in Hailfire Peaks to get the Mega Glowbo.

Cloud Cuckooland is quite tame as a last level, outside of that bloody race with Canary Mary.

Last edited:

GravelerChamp60

Smash Apprentice
I think there's the possibility that the rest of the newcomers will be revealed in just one new trailer. Someone in the Gamefaqs forum brought up a good point that if Sakurai said that there will not be that many reveal trailers left than it might point to there being just one trailer where he will reveal the rest of the newcomers. So lets hope this leak turns out to be true and we might be looking forward to just one more Smash direct.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
yeah Incinaroar must of been a fake info to find leakers HECK didn't verg come out & say YES steve IS playable XD LOL

DAMN ! the tooty plush so $$$ you might as well just spend that cash on that overpriced banjo statue or make a tooty plush on your own LOL

Last edited:

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Banjo Kazooie is definitely what hypes me the most about this possible leak. Sucks that in the case of being real, it deconfirms for base roster several characters I supported, specially Shantae and Dixie.

But this is gonna be amazing if true. BK in Smash felt so much like an impossible dream, but seeing that it could now happen... man.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Can you not, you literally came to the Steve support thread and said "Sorry, he's not gonna happen," like to rub it in Steve supporter's faces, as if people wanting Steve actually use that ugly render to bash other characters.

I like Banjo-Kazooie a lot, and I'd rather not pretend them and Steve are rivals plotting to end each other...

Really, the picture would just make B-K supporters look bad.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
THIS IS SPIRAL MOUNTAIN
Now we just have to wait and see if we're spiraling uphill or down :chuckle:

EDIT:
Can you not, you literally came to the Steve support thread and said "Sorry, he's not gonna happen," like to rub it in Steve supporter's faces, as if people wanting Steve actually use that ugly render to bash other characters.

I like Banjo-Kazooie a lot, and I'd rather not pretend them and Steve are rivals plotting to end each other...

Really, the picture would just make B-K supporters look bad.
I've made it pretty clear my feelings on Steve (fairly negative), but that's not cool. Also, it'll suck a million times worse if this ends up being wrong and you end up on the receiving end. I decided a while back, taking advice, to turn my Steve negativity into more Banjo positivity.

Last edited:

JonSmash

Smash Ace
aparrently dixie kong was cut ? wonder if she will be DLC ? maybe Dixie who can switch between kiddy kong ? like sakurai originaly wanted to do with her & diddy ?

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
A lot of Dixie Fans expected her to be a Diddy echo (which still could be the case) but with Isabelle recieving status as semi-clone, many wanted Dixie to get some unique moves too, so perhaps if this is all true Dixie will come as DLC.

I'm still scared of getting burned, but i have to say I'm really hoping this leak is true. I would love seeing Banjo, Issac, and Geno fans all being satisfied.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Well the ruining of the game is Sakurai and Nintendo's damn fault for not doing the next Direct two weeks ago. They should have revealed everything in early October.

D

Deleted member

Bad news everyone the leak is fake:(
Someone in the shantae thread pointed out something that deconferms it:(

JonSmash

Smash Ace
there looking at the placements & lighting of characters ON A BLURY AS HELL IMAGE LOL I don't see it really :p but who knows ?

did the nintendo ninjas get the leaker yet ? is he fired ? any DMCAs of the images ?

dlewis53

Smash Lord
So, I took a look at the "proof" that the leak is fake, and...I honestly feel like they're stretching quite a bit, especially because it's pretty hard to tell thanks the the blurriness. Also, Samus doesn't look all that different, and they could've easily just moved things around.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Don't want to come off as rude, But maybe he's just trying to convince himself that it's fake because their character isn't in it.

Last edited:

UnknownJ25

Smash Journeyman
I don't buy it, it just seems like problems with the quality with not seeing Samus' leg and things like that. I don't see anything incredibly damning in the image

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Any Idea how japan is reacting to this leak ? what do the fans think about the Grinch leak ?

Zipzter

Smash Apprentice
Hi guys, brand new to being a member here, but a constant lurker and a LONGtime Banjo-Kazooie supporter, so throw me on that list! ^_^ Now, I HAD to make an account and post here when I read what's been posted in the Shantae thread. Honestly... I think they're being a bunch of whiney children who are trying to debunk the leak just because it doesn't have their character, and I'm sure other threads are doing it too.
But I don't want to get into a yelling match, so let me combat their claims civilly with my own thoughts. And my biggest thought is this:

They keep saying things like "Pit's wingtip is lighted differently!" and "OMG! Samus's leg is behind Zelda!". And to that I say: "Do you even know how to put together art like the Smash banner?" What I mean by this is simple. They claim Samus should be in front of Zelda, and Cloud's sword should look different next to Pikachu, but that is quite... Well, silly. It's probably VERY hard to properly cram all 60+ characters onto that banner, and adding more means inevitable rearrangement. But that said, all characters (at least their faces) must be visible. So Samus's leg would be moved BEHIND Zelda, and Cloud's sword would have to be crammed behind our favorite electric rodent. I'm honestly disappointed by how the losing fanbases are handling this leak, as it makes them looks quite pitiful.

To those of you who haven't been aided by this potential leak: Don't give up hope. Even if your character(s) doesn't make the final roster, DLC is still an option. Just don't make yourselves look bad by losing your minds when somebody "leaks" something other than your character(s).

JonSmash

Smash Ace
Don't worry about the shantae fans there broken hearted right now let them do there thing, banjo fans would of felt the same way if the final roster leaked with out banjo

not only that but there not only moving characters around but also behined as in depth so everyone fits

Last edited:
Top Bottom