• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I just thought of something. I've never played a Banjo game myself (hece why I've never personally hyped Banjo), but assuming this leak is real, this might be the push I need to finally break out Rare Replay and check out the Banjo games.
You should anyway, they're great games

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
ummmm.....
Ignoring any errors caused by the camera settings, (see Jigglypuff), people have compared the E3 clouds and current mural clouds and they are slightly different in areas, probably to help clear up areas that look off otherwises with the characters add.

Be careful not to fall into the "Shulk is Little Mac" trap, or others.

1401194411445.jpg

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ignoring any errors caused by the camera settings, (see Jigglypuff), people have compared the E3 clouds and current mural clouds and they are slightly different in areas, probably to help clear up areas that look off otherwises with the characters add.

View attachment 171819
What do you mean?

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
My day's been busy, so I'm only now able to comment on this potentially-true leak. Deep down, I'm pretty convinced it's real, even though I don't want to get my hopes up just in case it's fake. It's obviously super exciting for us either way, and seeing as I've been hoping for the Chorus Kids too, this would be a real dream roster, with fan favorites like Isaac and Geno in the mix as well.

That being said, my birthday is actually tomorrow (the 25th), so if this leak is real... I guess the Grinch gave me the best early birthday present I could ask for!

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
By the way my fellow Banjoroos, papagenos is claiming in his most recent video that he got contacted by a credible source that confirms Banjo is in the game. I personally trust this guy, so this is looking to be more real as time goes on so hold your jiggies my friends

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
We're probably going to be sitting on this for 2 weeks aren't we?

It's pretty startling that people can't seem to conclusively debunk this, every argument I've seen against it so far has been either emotional (too good to be true etc) or extremely nitpicky. (even legit leaks in the past have had these kind of nitpick arguments attempting to debunk them)

MagnesD3

Smash Master
We're probably going to be sitting on this for 2 weeks aren't we?

It's pretty startling that people can't seem to conclusively debunk this, every argument I've seen against it so far has been either emotional (too good to be true etc) or extremely nitpicky. (even legit leaks in the past have had these kind of nitpick arguments attempting to debunk them)
That’s because it’s real my budda

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Not to get too nitpicky; but remember how true people took the Box Theory? Not to mention Vergeben's source seemed to claim that we would get a new Pokemon. Does this mean Vergeben isn't credible?

Speaking of Vergeben; has he said anything about this?

JonSmash

Smash Ace
people on twitter are constantly asking gamexplain to cover this leak & they outright refuse ! & they have cover leaks B4 even fake ones! heck how many times did i hear "ininaroar is totally guna be in this game it makes so much sence & steve from minecraft is more likely then banjo or verge said this, he's been right B4" there being SO hypacritical with not covering this, i feel like maybe someone at nintendo told them NOT to cover this

they made a 1 minute long video on this leak even saying banjo is a fan render with it dosen't match up with any but if sakurai/verge or a ken leak so much as sneeze they have a hour long breakdown video or desscution on it! heck its there JOB to cover these kinda leaks! suspitios !

squirtgar

Smash Apprentice
Well in my honest opinion, if this leak is fake it doesn't lessen Banjo's Chances at all. It just shows how wildly popular he is and yet again all the more reason to put him in the game.

I guess I should say the greater effort ppl put into leaks in a character, odds are his is at least equally popular. A leak this good is AT LEAST showing that.

(personally I think it is real)

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I'm just going to try to say this in the nicest way possible, But if your going to get in as a 3rd Party Character in Super Smash Bros then you sure as hell better have the track record to get an invitation, Even minor or lesser known Nintendo characters have the advantage because obviously they are own by Nintendo,

The way I see it 3rd Party Characters have to be a big name or have had a big impact on Nintendo's history and Banjo-Kazooie fits in to both categories, Even other characters like Crash Bandicoot, Spyro The Dragon and Rayman have stronger legacy and make more sense too.

I'm sorry, But indie characters have to be in the back of the line when there is bigger fish to fry. if Shovel Knight barely got in as an assist, What makes them think Shantae has a chance and the "Status" to stand along side some of the biggest 3rd Party names in the industry like Pac-Man, Sonic, Mega-Man and Snake?
I see 3rd partys as having to be incredibly iconic characters who carry game history (Sonic, Cloud, Snake, Pac Man), so close to Nintendo that they are practically Nintendo or were part of Nintendo (Bayonetta and Banjo/Kazooie), or both (Mega Man, Ryu, Simon).

Shantae began on a Nintendo console and was exclusive to them for 3/4 games. Also unlike Shovel Knight, Shantae has had a long history with Nintendo and has 4 games, so she is an established franchise. Not to mention the character has moveset potential. If any indie character is deserving it is her. Indie characters shouldn't be shoved aside just because indies and not very mainstream, they should be judged on the merits of the character. Plus I think it would cool to have indie in Smash, showing that even smaller video game studio's can get a character into Smash if they are deserving

Since you mentioned Spyro and Rayman, I think they are less deserving than Shantae as they are not that iconic (at least not to the level of Pac Man, Metal Gear, Sonic, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Castelvania and Final Fantasy) and are not associated with Nintendo that much. Yeah they have had games on Nintendo, but people associate Spyro with Sony and Rayman has been a multiplat, not really associated with any one console. Mega Man and Castelvania were very associated with Nintendo during the NES/SNES era, Banjo and Kazooie was the face of Rare during their days on the 64 and is their most popular character (not to mention they were owned by Nintendo and the N64 wouldn't even be half as good without Rare). Bayonetta didn't start off on Nintendo, but they revived the series and the 2nd and 3rd games are exclusive to Nintendo since they funded them, so she is like Nintendo's adopted child . Not saying Spyro and Rayman don't deserve to be in Smash, I just think Shantae has more merits than they do.

I honestly don't believe it. It's too blurry (convenient), All characters but Chorus Kids and Mach Rider are safe picks, and missing a 7th Gen Pokemon. Something about this makes my brain itch. It just feels wrong.

Yes, I'd be a bit disappointed if true
Yeah Isaac and Geno are safe picks, but I don't consider Banjo/Kazooie safe picks at all. Yeah they were the most popular third party character in the ballot next Snake and the head of Xbox said he was okay with letting them in Smash. Even though Spencer's comment made Banjo become a possibility, it is still a giant hurdle getting a character from a rival console and has never been done before in Smash. Maybe Nintendo wouldn't like working with them or Microsoft asked too much.
Ultimate's theme in terms of characters has primarily been fan service, Gen 7 wasn't announced until a couple month after the ballot ended and Sakurai seems to have more interest in adding highly requested characters for the most part.

Ok nvm there’s no issue with the image moving on GUH-HUH!!
Lol, just take it easy man. It hasn't been confirmed or deconfirmed yet. The only way we will know if it is true the next character that gets revealed is one on that poster and they are in the same spot in the poster as they are in the leak, similar to what happened to Shulk in the ESRB leak.

Last edited:

KingZing

Smash Journeyman
It's curious to see the lengths some people are willing to go just to nitpick the tiniest detail to try do prove this wrong. They immediately jump and say '100% fake guyz' just for that smeared cloud. What about the other 30+ reasons that support it?

Well said, pal. Obviously people get disheartened because their favorite character might not be in, but why sour the party?

Aside from all the leak talk... What do you guys thing this could mean for B-Ks future? Could they be tied to a N64 Classic Mini of sorts? Or maybe Nintendo and Microsoft are willing to cooperate to 'share' the IP beyond Smash? It would be awesome if they made an agreement like, Microsoft would still own Rare and their IPs, but Nintendo could help/invest in the development and they could release a B-K game for both Switch and XBox. Microsoft gets to have dominion over the IP but Nintendo fans can still enjoy B-K like in the old days. Win-win situation. I'd totally be down for that!!

Last edited:

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
It's curious to see the lengths some people are willing to go just to nitpick the tiniest detail to try do prove this wrong. They immediately jump and say '100% fake guyz' just for that smeared cloud. What about the other 30+ reasons that support it?

Well said, pal. Obviously people get disheartened because their favorite character might not be in, but why sour the party?

Aside from all the leak talk... What do you guys thing this could mean for B-Ks future? Could they be tied to a N64 Classic Mini of sorts? Or maybe Nintendo and Microsoft are willing to cooperate to 'share' the IP beyond Smash? It would be awesome if they made an agreement like, Microsoft would still own Rare and their IPs, but Nintendo could help/invest in the development and they could release a B-K game for both Switch and XBox. Microsoft gets to have dominion over the IP but Nintendo fans can still enjoy B-K like in the old days. Win-win situation. I'd totally be down for that!!
Lol yeah, you guys should see Memoryman or other people on twitter saying it is 100% fake because of clouds. In my personal opinion the background could very well change from character reveal to character reveal. Who's to say it should be the same always, if character's positions change then they may modify also the background too for esthetic purposes

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990

View attachment 171819
It also happened for Greninja as well.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I see 3rd partys as having to be incredibly iconic characters who carry game history (Sonic, Cloud, Snake, Pac Man), so close to Nintendo that they are practically Nintendo or were part of Nintendo (Bayonetta and Banjo/Kazooie), or both (Mega Man, Ryu, Simon).

Shantae began on a Nintendo console and was exclusive to them for 3/4 games. Also unlike Shovel Knight, Shantae has had a long history with Nintendo and has 4 games, so she is an established franchise. Not to mention the character has moveset potential. If any indie character is deserving it is her. Indie characters shouldn't be shoved aside just because indies and not very mainstream, they should be judged on the merits of the character. Plus I think it would cool to have indie in Smash, showing that even smaller video game studio's can get a character into Smash if they are deserving

Since you mentioned Spyro and Rayman, I think they are less deserving than Shantae as they are not that iconic (at least not to the level of Pac Man, Metal Gear, Sonic, Street Fighter, Mega Man, Castelvania and Final Fantasy) and are not associated with Nintendo that much. Yeah they have had games on Nintendo, but people associate Spyro with Sony and Rayman has been a multiplat, not really associated with any one console. Mega Man and Castelvania were very associated with Nintendo during the NES/SNES era, Banjo and Kazooie was the face of Rare during their days on the 64 and is their most popular character (not to mention they were owned by Nintendo and the N64 wouldn't even be half as good without Rare). Bayonetta didn't start off on Nintendo, but they revived the series and the 2nd and 3rd games are exclusive to Nintendo since they funded them, so she is like Nintendo's adopted child . Not saying Spyro and Rayman don't deserve to be in Smash, I just think Shantae has more merits than they do.

Yeah Isaac and Geno are safe picks, but I don't consider Banjo/Kazooie safe picks at all. Yeah they were the most popular third party character in the ballot next Snake and the head of Xbox said he was okay with letting them in Smash. Even though Spencer's comment made Banjo become a possibility, it is still a giant hurdle getting a character from a rival console and has never been done before in Smash. Maybe Nintendo wouldn't like working with them or Microsoft asked too much.
Ultimate's theme in terms of characters has primarily been fan service, Gen 7 wasn't announced until a couple month after the ballot ended and Sakurai seems to have more interest in adding highly requested characters for the most part.

Lol, just take it easy man. It hasn't been confirmed or deconfirmed yet. The only way we will know if it is true the next character that gets revealed is one on that poster and they are in the same spot in the poster as they are in the leak, similar to what happened to Shulk in the ESRB leak.
The reason I brought up characters like Crash, Spyro and Rayman was because most of gamings icons are already in Smash, There isn't much star power left out there, The way I see it we have to go one step below the "Icons" and there is different tiers/levels for character's.

Icons/Legends: (The biggest names in gaming) Mario, Donkey Kong, Pikachu, Sonic, Pac-Man, Mega Man and Snake ,etc.

All-Stars: (Not as iconic or legendary, But were still popular and successful franchises that had an impact) Banjo-Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro The Dragon and Rayman.

Crash Bandicoot (And to a lesser extent Spyro) while associated with Sony more were actually mascots for the Playstation brand, Not to mention Crash was Mario's rival in the late 90's and was a very successful franchise and both got remastered trilogy's for the Switch Plus a lot of people (Myself included) would love to see Mario and Crash go toe to toe.

Rayman while not as big is Ubisoft's mascot and has gotten some pretty big 2d platformers over the decade for Wii, Wii U and Switch not to mention Nintendo has started having a strong relationship with Ubisoft and developed Mario Kingdom Battle/ Donkey Kong Adventure and Starlink/Star Fox and Rayman even had a trophy in Smash Wii U.

I'm sorry if I sound like I'm coming off harsh ,But I'm just telling it like it is, Shantae was never a big name character to begin with and isn't even in the same league as those 3 up there, Let alone with the biggest names in gaming and while she has had a few games most of them were just Eshop/PSN/Xbox Live digital releases that while well received and do well for the indie scene, They were never big releases or huge sellers. Your average gamer is likely gonna recognize Crash, Spyro and Rayman a lot more and aside from indie gamers and some Smash fans she is pretty much unknown.

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
I was responding to him as to why he got warned since he was confused why he was. If you wish to discuss and express concerns how the staff mods, feel free to contact myself or to make a case throughout forum support.

As for the leak, I hardly consider this on par to the ESRB leak and won’t believe it until we have something more tangible like a video or more higher quality images but I do like seeing my childhood heroes finally being included in Smash. I wanted them since back in N64 along with James Bond. I was a Rareware fan boy back then and played all of their games. As well, Banjo-Kazooie getting would possibly mean getting B&K content which means Gruntilda slam poetry. I am a huge fan of making those. Just check my profile page status updates.
Interesting, thank you for the response. I think it is the credentials of the leaker which is driving the belief that it is real. I still have my doubts that this might be the final roster. There are characters like Dixie Kong, Rayman, and Tails not in the list. I thought Rayman would be a shoe-in after the Smash 4 treatment he got and he really should be. Having him as a minor trophy and that is it over the course of two games would be a slap in the face to the Rayman fans.

Last edited:

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
By the way my fellow Banjoroos, papagenos is claiming in his most recent video that he got contacted by a credible source that confirms Banjo is in the game. I personally trust this guy, so this is looking to be more real as time goes on so hold your jiggies my friends

Why is PapaGeno trusting an anonymous (to us) source saying Banjo is in so much more believable than the thousands of other debaters and talkers?

My life has taught me not to trust people, not to get excited, so i never put full faith in game leak matters because its such a petty part of life. But PapaGeno is the kind of guy who could sell cars or sell water to a drowning man with how good he talks...

God i want Banjo in this game. I hope PapaGeno is fully trusting of his source, and has full faith his leg isn't being pulled. If PapaGeno gets played for a chump and my heart, the one time i truly believe something i want might come to me, gets dashed I'm going to be so disappointed. I am on teamreal, at least Banjo being real which is the only part i personally care about, still very cautiously but I've been pushed to this point

Last edited:

volbound1700

Smash Master
Why is PapaGeno trusting an anonymous (to us) source saying Banjo is in so much more believable than the thousands of other debaters and talkers?

My life has taught me not to trust people, not to get excited, so i never put full faith in game leak matters because its such a pettt part of life. But PapaGeno is the kind of guy who could sell cars or sell water to a drowning man with how good he talks...

God i want Banjo in this game. I hope PapaGeno is fully trusting of his source, and has full faith his leg isn't being pulled. If PapaGeno gets played for a chump and my heart, the one time i truly believe something i want might come to me, gets dashed I'm going to be so disappointed. I am on teamreal, at least Banjo being real which is the only part i personally care about, still very cautiously but I've been pushed to this point
Perhaps it is because this leaker works for an actual promotional company who likely is involved with Nintendo.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
The thing is that you can't prove it as fake, neither as true with the info that we got. None of the factors can be considered as a bullet proof fact.
-It's a very elaborated leak but fake: There's a lot of little details for just beign considered as mere baits.
-You can't make such fake with so many little details and effort (the french company, the Grinch stuff...): Trust me, people can be amazing with those things, there's pure criminal masterminds out there just working for the lulz. It's a possibility. Or it can be fake and still the dude be working there with the Grinch movie.
-There's differences within the backgrounds and shadows, so fake: It could exist more than one version for media, you know. Different formats, print or screen stuff... It means nothing.
-You heard guys, more than one version , so true: No, just a possibility.
-There's so many characters to reveal at once: It doesn't matter, really. Brawl first trailer showed 5. It could be a final bomb.
-Sakurai said not so many characters, about slow down the hype: Sakurai also said that Bayonetta won the ballot an we know that it was false. And he's well known for trolling a bit and overpass our calculations.
-The insider's backslash: Probably they got some info which doesn't fit with the leak or they are with damage control or just wrong.
And I could continue the whole day with this crap. Just wait and see, that's how I work, I doubt about anything.

Last edited:

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I'm literally holding my breath until we get some Direct or trailers confirming either Issac, Geno, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, Ken, Shadow, or Banjo & Kazooie. I'm PRAYING that this leak is legit and everyone will be happy, but until we get word from Sakurai's own lips that they are in, I'll remain skeptical but hopeful.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I always get a big kick when I hear people doing really stupid things like this on the news and I'm laughing at myself to think this guy risked everything he had just to be funny and get his 15 minutes of fame, The stupid idiot couldn't even cover up his entire name and now Nintendo is going to track him down and sue him for everything he's got, Get blacklisted for future jobs and have his life ruined.

Eric Bricard: "But I was just trying to be funny !!! It was just a joke !!!" (Gets taken away in handcuffs)

Well I hope it was worth it, You F****** Dumb***

Last edited:

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
Eric Bricard: "But I was just trying to be funny !!! It was just a joke !!!" (Gets taken away in handcuffs)

Well I hope it was worth it, You F****** Dumb***
I'd say it was worth it. The past months have been "We're just getting Incineroar, Steve, Ken, and maybe a Squenix character", with no one expecting any really fun or exciting characters and bracing for the worst. This has made me a lot more enthusiastic and hopeful for what's to come and brought back my hype.

1540436997865.png

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
The leak guy worked there, but now he's working in another similar company, nobody knows which but according to the leak working with Ultimate. People reached to Marina looking at the dude's CV in Linkedin. Also Marina worked with Namco in the past, but not with Smash, so it is a dead end.
You know, if your company is targeted as a not very safe place for keeping advertisment secrets it could be a problem.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I'd say it was worth it. The past months have been "We're just getting Incineroar, Steve, Ken, and maybe a Squenix character", with no one expecting any really fun or exciting characters and bracing for the worst. This has made me a lot more enthusiastic and hopeful for what's to come and brought back my hype.

View attachment 171887
Well it was worth it for us because of course we want Banjo-Kazooie, But Ultimate was only a little over a month away and we were going to get a direct in the next several of weeks anyways, Plus the surprise is kind of ruined.

But it was definitely not worth it for the leaker, What kind of idiot throws away their life like that for 15 minutes of fame and a laugh? But that's his problem not ours.

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
The leak guy worked there, but now he's working in another similar company, nobody knows which but according to the leak working with Ultimate. People reached to Marina looking at the dude's CV in Linkedin. Also Marina worked with Namco in the past, but not with Smash, so it is a dead end.
You know, if your company is targeted as a not very safe place for keeping advertisment secrets it could be a problem.
I think the company he is working for right now is ACP-PLV but among their works done they just show one stand for Assassin's Creed. This leak is getting more dramatic than mexican telenovelas.

shellshocker18

Smash Apprentice
Sweet Christ in a handbasket this is nuts. I don't even care if the leak is real, I just want Banjo & Kazooie. Even with all the leak speculation PapaGeno at least had a Microsoft source he trusted saying Banjo-Kazooie was in, so I was holding out PapaGeno wasn't being bamboozled(or isn't a liar which I like to not assume the worst case there, he really put some credibility on the line with those claims). I wonder what PapaGeno's Microsoft source who confirmed the banner characters to him has to say about all these developments with Marina. I've never seen anything this crazy over a video game in my life

Last edited:

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
Guys, the company the guy who leaked this put a statment out 2 hours ago, saying he hasn't worked at the company since 2016 and the leak is false.

https://www.facebook.com/MarinaPLV/
Again, the guy who leaked this, is now working in a company called ACP-PLV. Apparently there were 2 linkedin accounts for Eric Bricard, one that he left to rot unupdated where everyone saw he was working in Marina PLV and the new one where he has been working for 1 years and 8 months which makes sense if he left Marina PLV 2 years ago.

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
I think the company he is working for right now is ACP-PLV but among their works done they just show one stand for Assassin's Creed. This leak is getting more dramatic than mexican telenovelas.
Maybe AC's stand is the only thing allowed to show. Videogame companies could be very very very strict about this privacy-secret ****. I know someone who works with videogames and is not allowed to talk about many of them, not even in the CV or after release. There's a lot of money in this crap. If the leak it's true the banner guy and his actual workplace got some problems.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Again, the guy who leaked this, is now working in a company called ACP-PLV. Apparently there were 2 linkedin accounts for Eric Bricard, one that he left to rot unupdated where everyone saw he was working in Marina PLV and the new one where he has been working for 1 years and 8 months which makes sense if he left Marina PLV 2 years ago.
But Maria is the only company we know he worked at that even has ties to Bandai Namco, do we know if this other company does work in the game industry?

Nap_

Smash Journeyman
But Maria is the only company we know he worked at that even has ties to Bandai Namco, do we know if this other company does work in the game industry?
We can't know it since privacy documents within companies or being a trustworthy printing company which won't leak your pants are a common thing in gaming industry.
Better be fake or the Nintendo Law Ninja Squad will paint the walls with blood.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yes.
View attachment 171907
Apparrently they did stuff for Namco too but I'm not sure on that.
Ok so they have a foot in the door for game industry stuff. I guess we just need to find out for sure what companies nintendo is even using for their french marketing.

We can't know it since privacy documents within companies or being a trustworthy printing company which won't leak your pants are a common thing in gaming industry.
Better be fake or the Nintendo Law Ninja Squad will paint the walls with blood.
Yeah if this is real that guy is fired and sued, the company is sued, and they probably will NEVER get hired again. This guy just ****ed an entire company forever if this is true And he just laughs saying **** nintendo.

Nameless Kot

Smash Apprentice
Yeah if this is real that guy is fired and sued, the company is sued, and they probably will NEVER get hired again. This guy just ****ed an entire company forever if this is true And he just laughs saying **** nintendo.
I know right? How can a simple Snapchat/Picture can cause so much chaos and disaster haha, the power of social media I guess

Top Bottom