• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

JonSmash

Smash Ace
BUT lets say Steve dose get in smash? Will he move like in his game all funny & stiff? (like game & watch stays true to his game) or will he move like minecraft story mode & all those fan made videos on youtube ??? (& will alex be a female alt or a eho of steve ???)

Funktastic

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DaftBunk
Switch FC
SW 4808 1853 3785
... Sakurai is even doing a great job keeping the information hush-hush within his own company.
I think this has to be the case. Otherwise, wouldn't most leaks be in Japanese? I've always wondered why we see a plethora of English leaks but never any translated from Japanese.

Jorl

Smash Rookie
I don't think Nintendo would even think about an N64 without rare's IPs. They made like 4 of the top 10 best selling games on the system. I think that really boosts our shot

JonSmash

Smash Ace
IDK during all the fan outcry & campainging for banjo in smash A LOT of fans asked phil if they would be open to putting rare titles on a N64 classic he never responded but he HAS to of seen the fans aking this not to mention that rare even had to say no to bringing rare replay to switch due to SO many people asking for it THEY WOULD HAVE TO BE DUMB to not only not get banjo in smash over steve but also not ask nintendo about the N64 classic mini especally for banjo's 20th year aniversary ! THE STARS ARE ALINGED! THEY HAVE TO DO IT IT MAKE TO MUCH $ENCSE ! NOT TO

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Wait a minute, is Verge now saying Steve will be playable? He always said Minecraft content, but never playable Steve

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Wait a minute, is Verge now saying Steve will be playable? He always said Minecraft content, but never playable Steve
He said it's "possible that this is true."
Which I really don't think its true.

Heck, this is the first time he's comeback out about this, while not being sure of its legitmacy.

I find it suspicious.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Banjo-Kazooie deserve the spot far more than a boring and ugly character like Minecraft Steve does. BK was an icon of the N64 days. It would frankly be insulting to put in Steve over them.

To be honest I just can't trust Verge. The guy can't commit to anything and always passes the buck to his sources. I think it's more likely we're getting a Minecraft stage and a Creeper assist trophy. That would be a much better way to represent the series in Smash.
Agree with everything you said here 100%. Lately it seems like Verge is just trying to make it seem like he has information even though he won't state anything explicit. He's kind of taking stabs in the dark, making claims that are either likely or highly desired but doing so in a manner that's so vague he has more wiggle room to defend his credibility. I have trouble believing any leaker has multiple sources through which he can cross-reference information, but then again, I've never been an insider lol.
Mother ended because Itoi said so. That is all.

Regardless, even if most of those other series had all the support in the world, they'd still need to sell well and not have people mishandle making the games (that latter point is what SF keeps having problems with).
Yeah, that's what I was referencing when I said different ball of wax lol. Itoi left the trilogy the way it is, and I really can't complain. Still probably my favorite series of all time. And yes, Starfox is one of those series that, while getting installments, isn't being used to its full potential. Can't believe they haven't ventured to refine the gameplay and create a union of GCN "adventure" Starfox and N64 "pilot" Starfox. Oh well.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
He's saying the guy who "leaked" Steve is legit and there's a connection with sources. That being said, he's heard murmurs outside of his main Smash sources, but not from them, but all he can confirm is Minecraft content. So it's a maybe. My hope is that Steve's a trap, which is why Verge can't get confirmation on Steve.

And I don't mean to **** on Steve. I have no problem with Steve--I just have a problem with the potential of Steve OVER Banjo. Steve isn't even the most iconic character from Minecraft, Creepers are. Which is why Minecraft works so much better as a stage/assist. We'll just have to wait and see.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
It is within the realm of possibility that Banjo, even as DLC could be announced alongside Rare games being included in the N64 classic.

However if there are no Rare games in the N64 classic then the dream is dead.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It is within the realm of possibility that Banjo, even as DLC could be announced alongside Rare games being included in the N64 classic.

However if there are no Rare games in the N64 classic then the dream is dead.
If Nintendo doesn't want this Banjo-Kazooie fan's money, I'll happily spend it on Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie carts to replace the ones that were stolen. :chuckle:

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
I really hope this playable Steve business isn't true. Banjo fans have been fighting for his inclusion since Melee proving how demanded he really is even against the odds of the Rare buyout and is really a missing Nintendo All Star. I find choosing Steve and not including Banjo would be a slap in the face to the fans honestly

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If Nintendo doesn't want this Banjo-Kazooie fan's money, I'll happily spend it on Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie carts to replace the ones that were stolen. :chuckle:
Hey, BK and BT will be on MY N64 mini anyway thanks to the power of modding!

JonSmash

Smash Ace
I don't Mod but thats a good IDEA! I'll Mod a N64 Classic if i have to HELL with the switch so easly hackable & if banjo don't get in smash ultimate via DLC at all WE MUST HACK BANJO IN IT ! like ridley fans did in project M I would by a seconed switch to keep off line just to hack for banjo !

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I don't Mod but thats a good IDEA! I'll Mod a N64 Classic if i have to HELL with the switch so easly hackable & if banjo don't get in smash ultimate via DLC at all WE MUST HACK BANJO IN IT ! like ridley fans did in project M I would by a seconed switch to keep off line just to hack for banjo !
I'm not someone who likes modding stuff at all, but I'm so proud of my modded SNES Mini. It's so easy (I've made a ton of changes since here though).
https://twitter.com/MLFoxwell/status/960919537796427776

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
One of my wishes for the N64 mini is that Nintendo brings back the N64 Hori Pad. This pic isn't my setup but I own a transparent purple one, and the controllers imo are far more comfortable than the regular N64 controllers. Also for fun, depending how you set your controls you can use the Hori Pad to play any Smash game with it (never tried it with Melee but I imagine Melee online netplay would be the only way to adjust for controls). As long as you have the N64 to GC adapter cord for the Pad that's compatible with it you just plug it into the Smash Wii U Adapter.

r6gPs6B.jpg

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I still think the N64 Classic will come out in 2019, But with Sony announcing the Playstation Classic for the holiday season and the N64 Classic trademark already accepted after Nintendo filed for it last year, (I don't think it's a coincidence this comes out right after Sony's announcement) There is now a higher chance Nintendo will put the N64 Classic against it, Which I would love to see as someone who first started gaming in the late 90's you either owned a N64 or PS1 and it would be a nice throwback to see that rivalry renewed.

Last edited:

Gemini-Gene

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Fairlight92
Switch FC
SW 7459 3215 2216
Looking forward to picking up both mini consoles and seeing the full lists of games for them. When I read a few of the listed games for the PS1 mini I was surprised to see that Sony remembers Jumping Flash. Makes me wonder if they have the rights to bring Tomba back from the dead as well (please Sony give me Tomba 1 and 2). lol

maf91186

Smash Journeyman
Ok so how amazing would it be if all the source(es) had ever seen suggesting Steve are only doing so because they caught a glimpse of what appears to be a reveal trailer for him. A glimpse, not a full viewing. Now imagine this would-be trailer. We see Steve running around doing his usual Minecraft thing for a while, exploring and crafting and the like until he eventually brings up the skins menu. He browses through them for a bit, potentially showing his alts for Smash, before stopping on a familiar duo. Now, we've seen this skin before so automatically we'd start to get angry, assuming that's the only nod to Banjo we're going to get. We watch as Steve selects it, our blood beginning to boil, but something weird happens. Instead of him just turning into a blocky bear, he begins to transform. Suddenly, in a goofy/ridiculous rendition of Jekyll and Hyde, he bursts forth as Banjo and Kazooie in full on, hd-rendered, Smash goodness! The Minecraft background crumbles behind them as a broken puzzle, and suddenly, Spiral Mountain springs up behind them and we're greeted with their famous intro music we all hold so dear.

*sigh*

Wouldn't that be the greatest thing ever?

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Steve is a mixed bag as a die-hard Banjo fan. I have no personal attachment to the character, but also don't vehemently hate him or his game like some.

Let's go out on a limb and say this ends up being true. As a whole, it has three effects, two of them good:

1 (bad) - It all but deconfirms Banjo-Kazooie for the base roster. We've never had two newcomers from the same company in a Smash game. I'm not counting Capcom getting both Mega Man and Ryu as I'm only considering the base roster here.
2 (good) - Box theory is dead. There's still hope, maybe not for Banjo but for everyone else's wanted picks
3 (good) - While like I said it basically deconfirms them for base, the bear and bird's chances as DLC increases ten-fold. They're basically a lock for DLC at that point, though I hate to use that word.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Mother ended because Itoi said so. That is all.

Regardless, even if most of those other series had all the support in the world, they'd still need to sell well and not have people mishandle making the games (that latter point is what SF keeps having problems with).

Anyway, who could get in first, Steve or B-K?
Nintendo is pretty good at making games. They just need to think of different genres to make the games fit. Plus retro studios is amazing, and they also are working closely with bandai. So there are a few ways to really make certain games shine.

For example, a takamaru game would be a great action game with mechanics similar to the arkham games. Star fox just needs a damn normal game lol. Donkey kong should get a new 3d game made by retro. A banjo kazooie game would just be such an easy win if nintendo made it. A nintendo spin n their abilities with great level design, puzzles and collecting would be absolutely out of this world.

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Wait, didn't Vergeben just say he couldn't knock out Box Theory like 2 days ago but now is saying that he knew that a Minecraft character was here?

Needless to say, Steve is hilarious. If you really think Sakurai, the guy who passed on the current popular FF characters to go with the one that both he thought would please his fans most and that was, in his eyes, a huge icon, would skip Banjo after the ballot to go for Steve? There's no helping you.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I've never hated a potential newcomer as much as I hate Steve. There's some characters I don't want, but I could deal with them being in Smash, but **** Steve and the horse he rode in on. Picking him over a more requested character like Banjo would be a huge slap in the face to the fans.

And Vergaben can go suck a lemon. He's losing credibility by the day. His vagueness is not helping him, nor is his inability to take any sort of responsibility. If he knows what characters are in, he should flat out tell us. Playing these mind games and then blaming his "sources" if he's wrong only shows how shady he is. He may have had credible info at E3, but he's been coasting on lucky and easy guesses since then.

I apologize if I'm sounding salty, but I think most of us here would rather not have Steve, especially if we get him over Banjo.

Oh, and please feel free to add me to the supporter list.

Last edited:

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
My guess for Banjo reveal trailer would be, basically...

Wario breaks into The Engine Room to steal a Jiggy, making his way along catwalks and gears and stuff. Starts descending on a wire Mission Impossible style towards a Jiggy. Silhouette of Banjo on the ground appears, Wario panics goes a bit faster, gets eaten by a Grille Chompa. Focus snaps to Banjo, on no they gotta get out now. After a short escape sequence which ends with Banjo using Grenade Eggs to open a hole, switching into Talon Trot, reeling around and jumping from the hole into the air. As they jump out of the exploding smoke stack into the air the "BANJO-KAZOOIE DO A THING" comes up, freeze frame mid air. When it resumes they fall through the air until Kazooie uses Feathery Flap to land, then it goes into the gameplay.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
My guess for Banjo reveal trailer would be, basically...

Wario breaks into The Engine Room to steal a Jiggy, making his way along catwalks and gears and stuff. Starts descending on a wire Mission Impossible style towards a Jiggy. Silhouette of Banjo on the ground appears, Wario panics goes a bit faster, gets eaten by a Grille Chompa. Focus snaps to Banjo, on no they gotta get out now. After a short escape sequence which ends with Banjo using Grenade Eggs to open a hole, switching into Talon Trot, reeling around and jumping from the hole into the air. As they jump out of the exploding smoke stack into the air the "BANJO-KAZOOIE DO A THING" comes up, freeze frame mid air. When it resumes they fall through the air until Kazooie uses Feathery Flap to land, then it goes into the gameplay.
Take it to the trailer thread... and fix your grammar while you're at it, please.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Hello, I've been watching this thread for a while, and I'd like to be added to the support list! "Banjo-Kazooie" was one of my favorite games from my childhood along with "Donkey Kong Country", so seeing Banjo-Kazooie in Smash Ultimate as playable fighters alongside King K. Rool would be a dream come true!

Also, I severely doubt that Steve would get in over Banjo-Kazooie; the consistent theme with Ultimate's newcomers that even the Echoes follow is that each of them have been heavily requested/are incredibly popular with those fans; Inkling, Ridley, King K. Rool, Daisy, Chrom, and Dark Samus have had quite a bit of support, and Simon and Isabelle are incredibly popular within their franchises. The only one I'm not sure of is Richter, though I admit I'm not that well-versed with "Castlevania" or its fanbase, so I might be missing something there. With Steve though, while "Minecraft" is certainly popular right now, I severely doubt that it holds a candle to how well-remembered "Banjo-Kazooie" is, so I honestly can't see Steve getting in as a fighter over those two; I really believe Sakurai wouldn't pull something like that.

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
I really hope this playable Steve business isn't true. Banjo fans have been fighting for his inclusion since Melee proving how demanded he really is even against the odds of the Rare buyout and is really a missing Nintendo All Star. I find choosing Steve and not including Banjo would be a slap in the face to the fans honestly
The worst part of Steve getting in is you having to deal with a whole bunch of people coming out of the woodwork to say "You should be thankful we got Steve at all how dare you be upset a nameless avatar from a passed video game fad that's largely unrelated to Nintendo got in over these classic characters that people have wanted since Melee. Banjo is a dead IP anyways." I'm not really referring to the people who wanted Steve, I've only seen a handful but I'm sure there's a few out there and good for them if this did end up being the case, I'm referring to the people who would make it their mission to act holier than thou art at people who are upset or disappointed at news of the game. That would be the most frustrating part.

We can really only hope at this point that this isn't the case. The N64 classic getting revealed is, all things considered, the best news and does help. If they reveal the lineup before Smash and either Banjo is in it, or they keep some of the games hidden, that will really perk up Banjo's chances. Let's hope the Steve speculation is just that: a canary, a false lead, someone trying to troll, anything but the truth.

Blue Ninjakoopa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlueNinjakoopa
3DS FC
3265-5187-8163
I've never hated a potential newcomer as much as I hate Steve. There's some characters I don't want, but I could deal with them being in Smash, but **** Steve and the horse he rode in on. Picking him over a more requested character like Banjo would be a huge slap in the face to the fans.

And Vergaben can go suck a lemon. He's losing credibility by the day. His vagueness is not helping him, nor is his inability to take any sort of responsibility. If he knows what characters are in, he should flat out tell us. Playing these mind games and then blaming his "sources" if he's wrong only shows how shady he is. He may have had credible info at E3, but he's been coasting on lucky and easy guesses since then.

I apologize if I'm sounding salty, but I think most of us here would rather not have Steve, especially if we get him over Banjo.

Oh, and please feel free to add me to the supporter list.
Considering the point of Minecraft and the popularity of Creepers (who seem to be the Goombas of the MC universe?), I'm teetering on the Minecraft content being a stage and an assist trophy.

I'm a bit more optimistic about Banjo & Kazooie; I think that Sakurai knows full well how popular Banjo & Kazooie were on the ballot and he knows picking Steve over them would be a Yoshi stampede on the crotch to fans. A Yoshi stampede, but every Yoshi swallowed a yellow Koopa Shell. I sound like a broken record but with Banjo & Kazooie having been considered for Melee, and with them being popular ballot picks, that shows that the characters are on Sakurai's mind. That, in addition to the Microsoft barrier being seemingly deconstructed, I think Banjo & Kazooie's odds are in their favor.

I don't think Sakurai would troll, not with this game. I mean, on one hand he could decide to only put Mario and 11 other versions of Mario in the game and millions of people would still buy it. But on the other, he's putting a lot of work into this game and with Ridley and K. Rool being playable he's showing that he's considering demand outside of what he personally thinks would be optimal.

Keep your heads up!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Considering the point of Minecraft and the popularity of Creepers (who seem to be the Goombas of the MC universe?), I'm teetering on the Minecraft content being a stage and an assist trophy.
Yeah, it's possible we don't get Steve at all.

Also Zombies are probably more like Goombas; Creepers explode, though they are very common, maybe about the same amount as Zombies and Skeletons.

Juliusaurus

Smash Ace
NNID
Juliusaurus
Minecraft is an insanely successful and well liked franchise, and it has a ton of support on Nintendo consoles as well (it even has its very own New 2DS... it's a big deal). And if Minecraft is what brings back Nintendo and Rare, then with open arms, bring on Minecraft Steve. Nobody thought Wii Fit Trainer or Villager would fit Smash, and not to mention Mr. Game & Watch, unconventional characters are certainly welcome in Smash, we just haven't had any third party ones... But if we're going to get one, I would not be opposed to Minecraft, just for its sheer value to gaming history and legacy (like the series or not, I haven't even played it myself, but you can't ignore just how huge it is).

Having said that, I'd prefer a stage and/or an assist trophy. But like with Animal Crossing, it started out with just a stage and AT too, but ended up getting a playable character (and now two!). So why not Minecraft as well? I mean, if Banjo-Kazooie is in, might as well. But if Banjo-Kazooie ain't... heh, then we'll all certainly be a little ticked off.

JonSmash

Smash Ace
So many people convinced banjo will be DLC but steve will be in base game i dissagree

ProjectDream

Smash Apprentice
Steve's not getting in, it's not happening.

It'll be a stage/AT/items or all 3. But not a playable character. I'll put the house on it.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Steve's not getting in, it's not happening.

It'll be a stage/AT/items or all 3. But not a playable character. I'll put the house on it.
I don't see him getting in either as a fighter, I just can't picture it, Especially not over Banjo-Kazooie who makes more sense in every single way possible, There is a small part of me that hopes Sakurai doesn't sell out and go after Steve just because Minecraft is huge instead of going with Banjo-Kazooie who have history with Nintendo, Who are essentially Nintendo characters, Have the Nintendo look, deep moveset built for Smash and blend in right with the cast, I honestly can't think of a more perfect newcomer to join Smash. But in all seriousness I really do agree that if both franchises make it in, Banjo-Kazooie are the fighters and Minecraft is a trophy/stage.

Last edited:

CantGetRidOfTheRidley

Smash Apprentice
The way I see it, bar any drastic and unforeseen announcements or legitimate (video and photo) leaks or such this is going to be the next big date all of us here should look towards

https _cdn.evbuc.com_images_46604760_229325035433_1_original.jpg

IF Steve is in, there is a very likely chance he might get announced here at Minecon. The date adds up perfectly, especially when you consider we were originally supposed to get Isabelle at the very beginning of September before the delay. And we have had character announcements both out of the blue, and outside of E3 and Nintendo Directs. We're also in uncharted territory here with Nintendo announcing a third party belonging to a rival company so who knows how they might wish to go about this. Here are the three scenarios that could happen on this date;

1. Steve is announced
Worst case for obvious reasons.

2. Nothing relating to Smash is announced
Middling case. It would decrease Steve's chances slightly, but not much. It would be missing a big opportunity to reveal him to a group who might not have been interested in Smash prior (And lets face it, Steve would only be added for advertising, a fact that I consider to be the biggest mark against him now since an advertising character would've likely been announced near the beginning so he could be in all the promo material). This I would consider a likely scenario that would overall be better, but we wouldn't be out of the woods yet.

3. Minecraft Stage/Assist/Etc and not a character is announced
Best case scenario. Not-character content wouldn't be announced if Steve was going to be a character, since why spoil the involvement in the game? If this happens, Steve would be soft deconfirmed and Banjo's chances would skyrocket. Remember, this is still a possible scenario. It's possible the leaker was only right about a few things and made the rest up (As seen with loz). It's possible the source made a mistake about information and thought Steve was a character instead of an assist or something (Like Isabelle). A lot is possible at this point and we can only hope for the best. Monster Hunter has effectively proven even more that there can be third party content without a rep from that series there.

Everyone, you better start praying to God, or whomever you pray to. And if you don't have religion, you better find one fast. Mark down September 29, about a week from now. It's gonna a long hellish Saturday and wait till.

Last edited:

Jetsurge

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2536-8732-7990
The way I see it, bar any drastic and unforeseen announcements or legitimate (video and photo) leaks or such this is going to be the next big date all of us here should look towards

View attachment 165841

IF Steve is in, there is a very likely chance he might get announced here at Minecon. The date adds up perfectly, especially when you consider we were originally supposed to get Isabelle at the very beginning of September before the delay. And we have had character announcements both out of the blue, and outside of E3 and Nintendo Directs. We're also in uncharted territory here with Nintendo announcing a third party belonging to a rival company so who knows how they might wish to go about this. Here are the three scenarios that could happen on this date;

1. Steve is announced
Worst case for obvious reasons.

2. Nothing relating to Smash is announced
Middling case. It would decrease Steve's chances slightly, but not much. It would be missing a big opportunity to reveal him to a group who might not have been interested in Smash prior (And lets face it, Steve would only be added for advertising, a fact that I consider to be the biggest mark against him now since an advertising character would've likely been announced near the beginning so he could be in all the promo material). This I would consider a likely scenario that would overall be better, but we wouldn't be out of the woods yet.

3. Minecraft Stage/Assist/Etc and not a character is announced
Best case scenario. Not-character content wouldn't be announced if Steve was going to be a character, since why spoil the involvement in the game? If this happens, Steve would be soft deconfirmed and Banjo's chances would skyrocket. Remember, this is still a possible scenario. It's possible the leaker was only right about a few things and made the rest up (As seen with loz). It's possible the source made a mistake about information and thought Steve was a character instead of an assist or something (Like Isabelle). A lot is possible at this point and we can only hope for the best. Monster Hunter has effectively proven even more that there can be third party content without a rep from that series there.

Everyone, you better start praying to God, or whomever you pray to. And if you don't have religion, you better find one fast. Mark down September 29, about a week from now. It's gonna a long hellish Saturday and wait till.
All Minecon will give you is cringe compliations

Top Bottom