• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Majalbatross

Smash Apprentice
what's figthers you will support after banjo kazooie?
I'll always root hard for my boi Rayman, but if we're going for characters that haven't already been deconfirmed through assist trophies or spirits then Crash, Doomguy and Heavy. Either one of those would be a sweet ol' cherry on top

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
I’m thinking a potential Grunty boss is on the table. If you notice the part in the reveal where Grunty is flying around and then it cuts to a panning shot of Banjo looking down the bridge it’s similar to the other boss intros.
That could easily just be camera work.

I think that grunty being a boss rather than a stage hazard (maybe both) is 100% happening.
Spiral Mountain Stage
Spiral Mountain Boss
Its very obvious that only one character is present in one of those shots. Grunty also appears on a shot of the bridge before hand as well so I think its a lock.
Now, obviously, I don't know if we are getting Gruntilda as a boss or not, but I don't think there's any evidence to suggest that we are. For starters, that second shot doesn't show half of the stage, so that could just be LABO/replay camera work, with another fighter out of view. I've also seen people refer to the intact bridge as evidence, but it is, in fact, in that form in several clips from their reveal. Also, if that was supposed to be a boss cutscene, it would be the first one we've seen where the character travels to the boss's arena. Every other boss fight takes you from the map or Classic menu straight to the area where you fight the boss. Now, of course, Banjo could be looking to Grunty's lair, because she flies out of there and fights you at Spiral Mountain, but this would be another first, as the only bosses who aren't fought on flat stages are the hands and World of Light exclusive bosses.

I still think Porky's boss fight is coming back at some point, probably alongside a boss rush mode. It would make sense to pad out the boss roster and Gruntilda is a prime candidate.
Also, I'm going to laugh my *** off if the Enderdragon is a boss after all.
Rathalos is referred to as "enddragon," or something in the files, so that's likely what Vergeben heard about. He's been right about pretty much everything Smash related, so far, so we could still easily get Minecraft content.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
I’m thinking a potential Grunty boss is on the table. If you notice the part in the reveal where Grunty is flying around and then it cuts to a panning shot of Banjo looking down the bridge it’s similar to the other boss intros.
That's wayyyyy more than I could ever have possibly hoped for Banjo & Kazooie's return. I'm not saying I think its gonna happen, but man if they actually get their own personal boss for Classic Mode and such with Gruntilda of all people along with her as a stage boss on Spiral Mountain? I will literally die of happiness being able to play Banjo & Kazooie in Smash with Gruntilda as their own personal boss. This has literally been the best week, and the more I think about them being in, the cooler it gets. I can't wait to see what their title on the Boxing Ring stage will be! I can't wait to see an amiibo of them on the shelves with the other characters! I can't wait to see if anyone else makes a cameo appearance on the Spiral Mountain stage like Tooty, Humba Wumba, or Jamjars! I can't wait to see what music gets chosen to represent and whether we'll get more remixes from Grant Kirkhope or not (I hope for at least a Gruntilda's Lair remix)! I can't wait to see what alternate colors or costumes they have! I can't wait for their page on the Smash site to finally be unlocked and see more screenshots of them in the game!

I mean, I've got Banjo-Kazooie, my absolute top wanted characters, for Ultimate along with Wario, King Dedede, Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, Little Mac, Pac-Man, the Inklings, Ridley, King K. Rool, and Simon Belmont! There's not much else I'd really want, honestly, I'm completely content with what we have! But if we're looking at characters that are either Assist Trophies or Spirits, my most hyped newcomers would consist of:
  1. Banjo-Kazooie (THEY IN!)
  2. Simon Belmont (Castlevania) (HE IN!)
  3. Rayman (Spirit)
  4. Shovel Knight (Assist Trophy)
  5. Paper Mario
  6. Ridley (Metroid) (HE IN!)
  7. King K. Rool (Donkey Kong) (HE IN!)
  8. Spring Man/Ribbon Girl (ARMS) (Assist Trophy)
  9. Issac (Golden Sun) (Assist Trophy)
  10. Geno (Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars) (Spirit)
  11. Crono (Chrono Trigger)
  12. Krystal (Star Fox) (Assist Trophy)
  13. Midna & Wolf Link (The Legend of Zelda) (Assist Trophy)
  14. Shantae the Half-Genie Hero (Spirit)
  15. Mach Rider/Excitebiker (Retro NES Racing Rep)
  16. Professor Layton
  17. Slash Kamei (Snowboard Kids)
  18. Bomberman (Assist Trophy)
  19. Earthworm Jim
  20. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)

Last edited:

Voe

Smash Journeyman
For me it have to be:

1. Crash (Coco alt)
2. Jill Valentine (Chris and Leon alts. Chris and Jill would be their RE1 Remake designs)
3. Doomslayer (Doomguy as the default with Doomslayer as an alt)
4. Dante (any design would be fine with me)
5. Scorpion (MK1, MK2, or UMK3 design, but has a variety of moves from all of the MK games)
6. A Bandai-Namco fighter (Heihachi, Kazuya, Yoshimitsu, or Nightmare)
7. Marco from Metal Slug (in game sprite proportions. Tarma, Fio, and Eri as alts)
8. NiGHTS (never gonna happen but I can dream)
9. Rash (probably going to be a DLC Mii costume)
10. Tifa (might be too late for her to be a newcomer but her and Barret would be great Mii costumes to promote FF7R. low poly designs though)

That's pretty much all I could think of as far as possible 3rd Party choices I would be hyped for. This game has given me so much that I would be perfectly fine without these choices.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Good point about Sora being the only character that could possibly touch Banjo's hype, but I'm very wary of the Mouse getting his dirty paws in Smash.
Well, I think there's more than enough original content in Kingdom Hearts that they could bring Sora in without any direct reference to Disney properties. Plus, I've heard that Disney's said that they'd be okay with Sora being in Smash.

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm a little out of loop but is there a 'thank you' card being constructed for Banjo? If so please count me in, they've been a pipe dream for a long time for me.

With Banjo and K. Rool in, I think Dixie Kong is the only fighter left before the roster becomes, in my opinion, complete and perfect.

D

Deleted member

Fashionably late, but congrats y'all. Wasn't the most die-hard supporter but I really did want banjo, and to see him come back so spectacularly is great. He looks and animates like a dream. A project dream if you will.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
At this point I'm completely satisfied. Geno would be nice but after Ridley, Banjo, and K. Rool I can't really ask for much more. If I had to put together a list:

1. Geno
2. Paper Mario?
3. Waluigi?
4. Chorus Kids?
5. Steve?
6. Master Chief?
7. Sans? Definitely wouldn't expect it but if we have to get a non-Minecraft indie character Sans would be fun.

Captain Toad also seems like a natural inclusion eventually. I sort of expect an echo fighter pack after this one wraps up. For echo fighters I'd be down for:

1. Dixie Kong
2. Impa
3. Shadow?
4. Medusa?
5. Malos?

The biggest omissions from the roster are Dixie Kong and Impa, both of which I think would work well as echo fighters. The rest would be neat, but nothing really major as far as I'm concerned.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Just a moment to appreciate what we have in Smash Ultimate right now.

Currently, there are 80 characters in total with the echo fighters (13 third party) 35 franchises (11 third party). Soon they will become 82 characters (15 third party) and 37 franchises.

Smash has come a long way, guys.

Folt

Smash Ace
I'd love a Classic Mode going like this:

Stage 1: Vs. :ultyounglink: > :ultlink: (Hero's Tunic Alt) (Hyrule Castle, N64 Hyrule Castle Music)
Stage 2: Vs. :ultyoshi: x 6 (Horde Battle, Super Happy Tree, N64 Yoshi's Story Music)
Stage 3: Vs. :ultfox:, :ultfalco: (Assisted by :ultwolf:, Corneria, Sector Z Music)
Stage 4: Vs. Giant :ultkrool: > Occasionally Invisible :ultkrool: (Assisted by :ultdk:,:ultdiddy:, Boxing Ring: Omega Ver., Crocodile Cacophony Music)
Stage 5: Vs. :ultmario: > Metal :ultmario:(N64 Peach's Castle: Battlefield Ver. N64 Peach's Castle Music > Meta Crystal Music)
Bonus Stage
Stage 6: Vs. :ultdk:, :ultsamus:, :ultkirby:,:ultpikachu:, :ultluigi:, :ultness:, :ultfalcon:, :ultjigglypuff: (Horde Battle, Battlefield, Duel Zone Music)
Final: Vs. :ultbayonetta1:(Green Color) > Master Hand (Final Destination, Grunty Battle Music > N64 Final Destination Music, Master Hand fights alone)

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Now that Banjo is in I'll focus on the other character that was tied for my most wanted spot: Isaac. Other then him I'll probably start supporting Geno too that way when we get those two we will have all the massive legacy requests in one game. Other then that I'll also support some non necessary like Paper Mario, Takamaru, Vaati, Sora, Mike Jones, Dante, and Lip. They aren't needed like Isaac and Geno but I'd love them to be added.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Phil Spencer's sort of been transitioning Microsoft into more of a software based company. Obviously they still do want to remain in the console space and not go the way of SEGA, but they're definitely taking an untraditional route with things. Who would of thought Halo would of ended up heading to Steam? Phil even stated MS's plan going forward isn't just to sell a buttload of consoles, hence the emphasis on Xcloud/streaming.

It's pretty clear that MS and Nintendo don't see each other as rivals, and why should they? They're going for completely different markets, after all. I feel confident we'll see some more Microsoft IPs leveraged on Switch, there's been rumors floating around from reputable insiders about games like Ori and possibly even Halo coming.
This is actually super interesting and I'm really excited to see where this goes. Considering MS isn't primarily a video game company, their main business is easily enough to sustain whatever comes in the future for their video game division.

By the way... I thought I had done this sooner but turns out not, congratulations on getting them in Smash finally. While I've never played a Banjo Kazooie game, I still think it's really great to see probably the most requested character for Smash within the core community make it into the game. I'm mainly looking forward to the music, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheTreasonousSnowmad

Smash Journeyman
A lot of the fun of Smash for me is being able to play as characters that you wouldn't be able to in their main franchise games, especially since I've been a fan of villains all my life. Because of this and my game tastes, there wasn't really a character in Smash that I truly loved before Ultimate. Ultimate gave me my top 3 most wanted characters ever that actually had even a sliver of a chance, being King K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, and Dark Samus, so I wouldn't really feel comfortable asking for anyone else at this point. There are characters that I still want like Sylux, Funky Kong, and Nathan Drake (refer to "a sliver of a chance"), but there's noone who I passionately want and believe deserves a spot in Smash that hasn't gotten it.

T2by4

Smash Lord
In celebration of Banjo's return, what would be some good insults Gruntilda would give to the other Smash fighters?

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I'd love a Classic Mode going like this:

Stage 1: Vs. :ultyounglink: > :ultlink: (Hero's Tunic Alt) (Hyrule Castle, N64 Hyrule Castle Music)
Stage 2: Vs. :ultyoshi: x 6 (Horde Battle, Super Happy Tree, N64 Yoshi's Story Music)
Stage 3: Vs. :ultfox:, :ultfalco: (Assisted by :ultwolf:, Corneria, Sector Z Music)
Stage 4: Vs. Giant :ultkrool: > Occasionally Invisible :ultkrool: (Assisted by :ultdk:,:ultdiddy:, Boxing Ring: Omega Ver., Crocodile Cacophony Music)
Stage 5: Vs. :ultmario: > Metal :ultmario:(N64 Peach's Castle: Battlefield Ver. N64 Peach's Castle Music > Meta Crystal Music)
Bonus Stage
Stage 6: Vs. :ultdk:, :ultsamus:, :ultkirby:,:ultpikachu:, :ultluigi:, :ultness:, :ultfalcon:, :ultjigglypuff: (Horde Battle, Battlefield, Duel Zone Music)
Final: Vs. :ultbayonetta1:(Green Color) > Master Hand (Final Destination, Grunty Battle Music > N64 Final Destination Music, Master Hand fights alone)
My personal Classic Mode for Banjo is:

A Rare Reunion! - Banjo's fights mimic events and boss battles from other popular N64 games.

Round 1: Vs. :ultkrool:(with :ultdk:) [Boxing Ring] - The final boss of DK64
Round 2: Vs. :ultbowser:(with :ultmario:) [Princess Peach's Castle] - The final battle of SM64
Round 3: Vs. :ultkingdedede:(with :ultkirby:) [Green Greens] - one of the few first bosses of Kirby 64
Round 4: Vs. :ultmewtwo: (with:ultpokemontrainer:) [Pokémon Stadium] - a reference to the "Vs. Mewtwo" match of the first Pokémon Stadium
Round 5: Vs. :ultwolf: (with :ultfox:) [Venom] - a reference to the last fight against Star Wolf in Star Fox 64
Round 6: Vs. :ultganondorf: (with :ultlink: in Hero's Tunic) [Hyrule Castle] - referencing final Boss of Ocarina of Time.
Bonus Round
Final Round: Vs. Master Hand [Final Destination] - The final battle of the first Super Smash Bros.

EDIT: Maybe Banjo could fight all these opponents alone instead? As if it were the same events, but with Banjo in place of each game's protagonist? Hmm...

Last edited:

Violante

Smash Apprentice
So...is anyone holding out for an August/September direct where we get additional info on Banjo and then a surprise reveal of a tie-in new game?

thirsty-pocket

Smash Ace
there's really no one left for me, which is a pretty surreal feeling.

Everyone that I really want is confirmed as an assist trophy, or part of another characters moveset ( Toad and pig Ganon ).

I guess there is also Geno, Dixie Kong, Doctor Robotnik, Porky, Medusa Or black shadow. but I am of the mind that A, there will be no First party characters in the DLC, and B, spirits deconfirm. so all of those characters are out.

but anyways I can't even think of anybody that would get me excited anymore.

if I had to pick out of likely candidates, honestly, don't kill me for this, but Minecraft Steve Would be one. now that banjo is in I don't feel like he's competition anymore, and I personally feel like Minecraft is enough of a to Warrant a place in Smash. not to mention it being available on Nintendo consoles, and cross-platform multiplayer compatible, which is something I've never experienced before. also, the game is just fun, I really don't get where the stigma against it came from other than it being popular with kids, which is a dumb reason to stigmatize it.

my second pick would be Doom Slayer. The first person shooter genre isn't represented much in Smash there's no better Choice then Doom to represent it. And in my personal opinionIt's still Some of the better fps games out there.

funny enough, I only got into both Minecraft and doom around the time that Super Smash Brothers ultimate began it's speculation cycle.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
In celebration of Banjo's return, what would be some good insults Gruntilda would give to the other Smash fighters?
Glad you asked, friend-o! I actually took the liberty of coming up with some a few weeks before E3 to hype people up! I'm so glad it's a possibility now and hope we get something similar to Snake's Codec, Fox, Falco, and Wolf's communications, and Palutena's Guidance! And now's also the perfect time to add the Dragon Quest Hero to the list!

Mario: So, you're the famous video game hero, eh Mario? I hear you're a plumber and I need a fix for Loggo!
Donkey Kong: That tie looks so silly on your furry hide! When I get through with the bear and bird, you'll fry!
Link: A champion like you may have bested a calamity but when I'm through with you, you'll have earned my pity!
Samus: That suit and that gun arm look sleek and divine! I wonder how I'd look in such a suit so fine!
Yoshi: You foolish green lizard with that tongue and those eggs! You try to eat me and I'll break your legs!
Kirby: You're cute and you're pink and round as a ball! I'll destroy you and your friends once and for all!
Fox: A fancy gun and speed you may possess. But you'll make a fine fur coat to go with my dress!
Pikachu: An electric rat? Now I've seen everything! Oh what has become of video-gaming?
Jigglypuff: Those songs you sing are tone deaf and bland! I'll blow your ears out with my band!
Luigi: I hear you fight ghosts but you're a cowardly bro! Nowhere near as tough as Mario!
Captain Falcon: You should've stayed in your fancy blue car! My spells shall send you flying fast and far!
Ness: You have some toys and some powers of the mind. Let's see how they fare against spells of my kind!
Peach: I'll kidnap you like that lizardy lout, then I'll be pretty and thin and you'll be ugly and stout!
Bowser: The King of the Koopas but you're beat by a pair of plumbers! Can a villain possibly be any dumber?
Ice Climbers: You two are a frostbitten pair! At Freezeezy Peak, you'll fit right at home there!
Zelda: The Princess of Hyrule so fair and so true, I can't wait to use my spells on you!
Sheik: Whoever you are, with your mask and your skills, I'll catch up to you and beat you, I will!
Dr. Mario: So the plumber is a doctor now, how quaint! Better prepare to fix yourself when you faint!
Pichu: You hurt yourself with every jolt you unleash! Your chances of winning are about to decrease!
Falco: No doubt you're friends with that foolish flying fox! I'll send you back to them in a pine box!
Marth: Your sword is quite sharp and you are quite quick, but can you dodge my spells and deal with my tricks?
Young Link: Isn't that sword a bit big for you, boy? Why not run along home and go play with your toys!
Ganondorf: The King of Evil but you just now got your sword! You'd best hurry up, I'm getting bored!
Mewtwo: A powerful monster that can read minds you may be, but I dare you to try such a stunt with me!
Roy: You look quite regal with your sword and your flare! I'll fix you good and give you a scare!
Mr. Game & Watch: You're flat and you're black, how strange! To make you go flying can easily be arranged!
Meta Knight: You're handy with a blade and you fly like a bat! I'll have to do something about that!
Pit: An angel from the heavens, but you can barely even fly! I'll hurt you so bad I'll make your goddess cry!
Zero Suit Samus: So you've taken off your suit and shown me your beauty! I'll take from you what I'll take from Tooty!
Wario: The smell of your farts fills me with unbridled joy! Too bad for your fat butt I'll have to destroy!
Snake: You're stealthy and tough, I'll give you that! But my spells and rhymes will stomp you flat!
Ike: That sword of yours is far too big! Let old Grunty turn it into a twig!
Pokemon Trainer: Those creatures you command are quite queer! But Gruntilda the Witch has nothing to fear!
Diddy Kong: You filthy little chimp in your red Nintendo hat! Gruntilda will defeat you, I have no fear of that!
Lucas: You little crybaby with your psychic power! When I'm through with you, your tears will become a torrential shower!
Sonic the Hedgehog: A little blue rat that moves at the speed of sound? In for a penny, in for a pound!
King Dedede: You're big with that hammer as the King of Dream Land! But try dealing with a spell from Grunty's hand!
Olimar: You're a gardener of sorts but you hail from space! Those colored creatures won't help you win first place!
Lucario: You glow with some aura the more that you hurt! So Gruntilda will just have to pound you into the dirt!
R.O.B.: A mechanical relic, that's all that you are! I'll smash you to a million little pieces and send them far!
Toon Link: A cartoon version of that green clad brat? This game is ridiculous, I'm sure of that!
Wolf: At Mad Monster Mansion, you'd fit right at home! Especially in the graveyard with all of the bones!

Villager: You collect items like that fool bear and bird! You'll collect your own death, you have my word!
Mega Man: You've bested robotic villains, that's true! But this witch is gonna turn you black and blue!
Wii Fit Trainer: You wish to make me trim but I'm far too fat! I'll sit on you and squish you flat!
Rosalina & Luma: A galactic princess who hails from the stars. Gruntilda will launch you just as far!
Little Mac: A feisty little fighter you may be, but I'll stay well and far above your reach!
Greninja: A ninja who's a frog? How neat! Grunty will boil your tongue for a tasty treat!
Palutena: A beautiful goddess with gorgeous green locks! Grunty will steal your beauty and wear your socks!

Pac-Man: You look like a sliced pizza pie, you dumb ball! Gruntilda's spells will make you fall!
Lucina: You're just a pale imitation of that fop with the sword! You and your kind are making me bored!
Robin: Are you a boy or a girl? Who cares? Your spells won't stop Grunty from kicking your derriere!
Shulk: You change your physical stats with that sword? With all these people wielding toothpicks, Grunty's getting bored!
Bowser Jr.: In that goofy clown car you're mischievous and small! To your father, Grunty will send you to bawl!
Dark Pit: Another angel, but your hair is all black! Gruntilda will show you how much power you lack!
Duck Hunt: A dog and a duck?! How absurd! That's even sillier than that foolish bear and bird!
Ryu: A powerful warrior you look to be, but you'll be sorry you ever came messing with me!
Cloud Strife: That sword looks as sharp and spiky as your hair! I'll blast you away, so you better beware!
Corrin: You turn into a dragon and you're quick with a blade! But you're all washed up and about to be slayed!
Bayonetta: You can't be a witch, you're not ugly enough! Grunty will make good and sure this fight of yours is tough!
Inkling: Are you a kid or a squid?! It doesn't matter! You best hide in your ink before you splatter!
Daisy: Aren't you cute in that little frock? Grunty's got just the spell to knock you out of your socks!
Ridley: A purple dragon like you is too big to fit in here! I'll cut you down to size and give you something to fear!
Simon Belmont: So! You deal with monsters, eh? I bet you've never dealt with such a powerful witch in your day!
Richter Belmont: You have some fancy moves with that whip! All Grunty can do is wiggle her hips!
Chrom: The father of that pale imitation, that's all that you are! Gruntilda and her spells with send you flying far!
Dark Samus: A shadowy version of that girl with the suit! Personally I think you're much more cute!
King K. Rool: You look in need of some eye drops, you dope! Against Gruntilda and her spells, you'll lose all hope!
Isabelle: Like Tooty, you're too cute and too sweet! This fight of yours will be difficult to beat!
Ken: You have fancy moves like that other Street Fighter! Time to see if Grunty's even mightier!
Incineroar: Another one of these infernal Pokemon? Gruntilda's getting annoyed! C'mon!
Piranha Plant: What a fine looking plant you are! Grunty will take you home and put you in her jar!
Joker: So you like to steal and be cool? Gruntilda will end you easily, you fool!
Hero (Dragon Quest): The sword and shield that you fools wield will look good on your grave out in the field!

Mii Fighter: So, you've joined the ranks of the Smash Bros. crew? I bet you're a nerd in the real world! Aren't you?

And, of course, a special one to complete!
Banjo-Kazooie: The bear and bird, you've returned at long last! You should've stayed home in Nintendo's forgotten past!

Last edited:

Looma

Smash Journeyman
I'm going all in on Jill Valentine now that BK has been achieved. Resident Evil is the little something that would make this game ascend for me, plus more ladies on the roster is never a negative. No force in the universe will ever stop me from campaigning for Arle Nadja and Doomguy either.

Basically my list looks a little like this:
1. Jill Valentine
2. Arle Nadja
3. Doomguy
4. Neku Sakuraba
5. Geno
6. Marco Rossi
7. Dark Matter

shoutouts to Bandana Dee, Klonoa, Tails, Phoenix Wright, and Shantae

Last edited:

TheMasterDS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheMasterDS
3DS FC
1977-0387-8995
I think they’ll want one of the two remaining to be a woman. The two I could see getting that slot would be Tracer or Jill. Of those two I’d bet Tracer due to recency and that you can do more with her.

For the last fighter it’s gotta be Sans Undertale.

Doomguy would be a great choice if they don’t mind not having a woman (that isn’t sharing a slot) among the five. A fighter with like a big shotgun and other stuff would be really cool.

ze9

Smash Ace
My wishlist now:

1. Dixie Kong

2. Skull Kid
3. Bomberman

4. Doomguy
5. Captain Toad/Toadette
6. Isaac

I'd really struggle to think of anyone else after these ones.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Remember they said they wanted the DLC to attract different demographics. We got the modern and Classic JRPG characters with Joker and Hero. The classic platformer character with Banjo. I can see at least 1 character that is meant to attract the female demographic. Which Ace Attorney is extremely popular with women (can confirm). It would also attract the visual novel and puzzle solving crowds which has no representation at all yet. Being Nintendo exclusive for years is also a good point in it's favor.

Then you have Doomguy for the FPS demographic.

Last edited:

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Greetings fellow Banjo-roos!

Been lurking around this thread as the Direct approached, and albeit late, it finally happened. Banjo-Kazooie made it into the Smash roster! Truly the date of their reveal is a historic one; for the SSB series, and gaming industry. Within the early days of dlc speculation and theorizing; the potential alternatives for who might be the upcoming new fighters were mostly inclined towards Nintendo IPs, and some other close third party IPs; however Joker chipped away a bit at those barriers. Fast-forward to last Tuesday (June 11th), and Banjo-Kazooie Bill-Drilled the barriers that kept the dlc speculation/theory discussion rather "conservative" (I know that there have always been the wild picks being mentioned, but now they have gained some grounds for validity).

Going off a bit from the subject here, but I believe it's necessary to mention it for historical context. Back in the era of the "console wars"; the big three first parties from back then (Nintendo, Sony, and Sega) each had their mascots, and the thought of sharing IPs between them was something rarely seen, and almost blasphemous. Fortunately, as the gaming industry continued to grow, and as major companies began to "harmonize" among each other, partnerships and collaborations began to materialize. Recent examples are those such as Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, StarLink: Battle for Atlas, the Switch port of Cuphead and before these, there was the Minecraft port to the Nintendo Wii U. All of these and other collaborations have been building up relevant moments such as the ones witnessed at this E3 (especially Banjo-Kazooie's reveal).

We cannot forget Hero's (Dragon Quest XI, III, IV, VIII) inclusion to the Smash roster as well, as its reveal, along with Banjo's during the E3 Direct was a symbolic representation of the coming together of both East and West within the gaming community; within Smash.

All that being said; I'm maining Banjo-Kazooie day 1! Can't wait to see their alt colors!

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I'm a little out of loop but is there a 'thank you' card being constructed for Banjo? If so please count me in, they've been a pipe dream for a long time for me.

With Banjo and K. Rool in, I think Dixie Kong is the only fighter left before the roster becomes, in my opinion, complete and perfect.
Sorry, I would have replied earlier but I was out and on mobile. My phone sucks to put it bluntly.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...AgrZjmACNUA/viewform?fbzx=5916981962361260660

There ya go, just put your name and optionally a message.

StormC

Smash Hero
Dixie Kong primarily, but I will probably move on from Smash speculation entirely after these last two fighters are revealed. I don't have any S-tier requests left, and most of the characters I would want to see are first party so I'll be waiting until Smash 6 to see them in all likelihood.

Can someone tell me which page in the social thread did the direct reactions start? I wanna see all the chaos!
Starting here if you want to see the Banjo reactions. For the very beginning of the Direct, look here. (I'm personally not a fan of people dumping on DQ.)

Last edited:

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
Honestly, theres noone else i'm dying to have unless we count characters that I don't think are likely. I don't think were going to be getting any more nintendo reps (at least on this pass) and the other characters i'd want are spirits or ATs. Crash feels like he deserves a spot, but i wasnt big on the crash games so that would be more for others than myself. The one character that I think could possibly get hype levels to anywhere remotely close to banjo would be waluigi just because it would be so unexpected.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
In unrelated news, Nintendo misspelled Banjo-Kazooie on the Switch news channel.

...(including Banzo-Kazooie when they are released), you may...
Article is Banjo’s announcement article.

What is a Banzo?

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Now that Banjo & Kazooie are in I want to see:

- Jibanyan
- Skull Kid (assist promotion)
- Midna (assist promotion)
- Ryu Hayabusa
- Elma
- Other Zelda characters (Impa, Darunia, Ruto, Champions from Breath of the Wild etc.)
- Joanna Dark (if we get another Rareware rep.)

If any of these get in I'll be happy.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
I've sworn off of fervently rooting and hoping for characters now that all my dream characters are in the game. Though of course there are some I wanted that area already essentially deconfirmed, like Geno, Waluigi, Dixie Kong, Shadow, and pipe dream 0% chancers like the other DK64 Kongs and Deoxys.

But to keep with the current topic of discussion, I'll throw in an assortment characters who I think would be cool, and maybe one or both of the remaining characters end up being one of these. That said, I'm honestly open to anyone.

- Leon Kennedy / Jill Valentine
- Lloyd Irving
- Doom Slayer
- Artorias, Solaire, or any Dark Souls rep
- Master Chief
- Sylux
- 2B
- A Valve character (Gordon, Chell, TF2 character, etc.)
- Hollow Knight, Shantae, or any indie rep

Top Bottom