• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

MangoTwist

Smash Apprentice
I think Steve has been deconfirmed for awhile now and for some reason the fanbase chooses to neglect that fact (maybe cause the fanbase is like, 14 and lower). I see E3 as either Banjo or Chief's time to shine

Master Chief has been deconfirmed harder than Steve.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
IIRC, there was no hard deconfirm for Steve was there? Unless i've been sleeping under a rock.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I'm afraid of ANOTHER counter except this time with a Golden Feather skin. I'm soooo tired of counters. K Rool seriously didn't need one.
My solution: Make Wonderwing the dash attack! It has super armor and it hits like a train (to the point of it being a good kill-move) but the catch is that each time you use it it spends a gold feather. If you use them up it turns into a standard roll

IIRC, there was no hard deconfirm for Steve was there? Unless i've been sleeping under a rock.
Depends on what you consider a deconfirmation. The threshold seems to vary depending on who you're rooting for:

Frank O' Conner says no Master Chief: "Oh, that sucks. Oh well"
Suda51 says no Travis Touchdown: "Oh, that sucks. Oh well"
Shinji Hashimoto says no Sora: "Actually I happen to be an expert on NDA's and how they work SO ACTUALLY HE'S STILL IN!"
Senior Manager of Minecraft openly bad-mouths Steve: "THAT DOESN'T COUNT-!!!"
Mod at Minecrafts official Discord says no Steve: "THAT STILL DOESN'T COUNT-!!"

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
My solution: Make Wonderwing the dash attack! It has super armor and it hits like a train (to the point of it being a good kill-move) but the catch is that each time you use it it spends a gold feather. If you use them up it turns into a standard roll
There are plenty of solutions. I'm just afraid of getting yet another counter. I'm sick of 'em.

BZocky

Smash Ace
I was looking for more pics of Banjo at E3 when I stumbled upon this brief clip from Electronic Playground of the outside of Nintendo's booth. I only knew of a giant Banjo and DK statue outside of the venue in 1997 but in reality they were on display alongside Fox and Twelve-Tales Conker!
Here's 2 screencaps I spliced together (Timestamp 3:19);

It also contains other goodies like a robotic Wario which I find both awesome and creepy at the same time. You can find it by searching "Electronic Playground S1:E1".

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace

Depends on what you consider a deconfirmation. The threshold seems to vary depending on who you're rooting for:

Frank O' Conner says no Master Chief: "Oh, that sucks. Oh well"
Suda51 says no Travis Touchdown: "Oh, that sucks. Oh well"
Shinji Hashimoto says no Sora: "Actually I happen to be an expert on NDA's and how they work SO ACTUALLY HE'S STILL IN!"
Senior Manager of Minecraft openly bad-mouths Steve: "THAT DOESN'T COUNT-!!!"
Mod at Minecrafts official Discord says no Steve: "THAT STILL DOESN'T COUNT-!!"
Steve literally climbs out of the monitor and tells everyone he's not in smash: "YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!"

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I was looking for more pics of Banjo at E3 when I stumbled upon this brief clip from Electronic Playground of the outside of Nintendo's booth. I only knew of a giant Banjo and DK statue outside of the venue in 1997 but in reality they were on display alongside Fox and Twelve-Tales Conker!
Here's 2 screencaps I spliced together (Timestamp 3:19);

It also contains other goodies like those of a robotic Wario which I find both awesome and creepy at the same time. You can find it by searching "Electronic Playground S1:E1".
A Banjo/Conker double reveal would be ****ing nuts. I imagine Conker making some sort of Jab towards the smash community "were you expecting maybe another Swordfighter?""

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
To be fair on the topic of K Rool’s counter, it easily one of the most satisfying in the game

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Honestly, I don't think Conker will ever be playable in Smash. CBFD is well-regarded but he just doesn't have Banjo's star power, plus he's best known for a game that delights in being bloody, cruel, and nasty (even if it does have a lot of heart as well). I do, however, fully expect him to be a spirit, provided Banjo and Kazooie are in.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
To be fair on the topic of K Rool’s counter, it easily one of the most satisfying in the game
It's also not an instant Screw Off button for pressure since it can't be spammed, there's a long cooldown and only works from the front.

It's a lot different than the Marth gang or Joker.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Honestly, I don't think Conker will ever be playable in Smash. CBFD is well-regarded but he just doesn't have Banjo's star power, plus he's best known for a game that delights in being bloody, cruel, and nasty (even if it does have a lot of heart as well). I do, however, fully expect him to be a spirit, provided Banjo and Kazooie are in.
To be fair...Snake and Bayonetta do some really mature things. So Nintendo isn't exactly scared of advertising rated M games to children through smash. But yeah they would have to cut out a lot of what makes Conker Conker.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I wonder how soon people will datamine the update that was just released and potentially reveal more datamined characters like "Brave". I still think Brave could be Banjo as it being Erdrick would be a little too on the nose and the worst kept Smash secret in history.

Last edited:

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
It's also not an instant Screw Off button for pressure since it can't be spammed, there's a long cooldown and only works from the front.

It's a lot different than the Marth gang or Joker.
I also like Mac’s counter because it can be used more creatively as a recovery move

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't think Steve got a real disconfirmation, since they just acted like it was their own opinion and were incredibly vague or backtracked, but his chances do seem unlikely. We never got a "no" from people that we know for-sure would know, and what they said wasn't as definite anyway.

Can we not act like Minecraft doesn't have any older people in its fanbase, though? I've seen a lot of mature people, some people on the subreddit even posting for their child's birthday or something they made with some people suggesting they're as old as 30-40 in some conversations in the replies section on a post, plus it should be obvious that a lot of older people play the game anyway; not that it should even matter that the fanbase has a majority of pre-teens/younger children.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
I think wonder wing should work something like this:
Pressing down B will active wonder wing. It's a toggle so you can press it once to start, no holding required. Kazooie wraps her wings around banjo. The duo can freely move during wonder wing. They can walk, run, jump, and double jump perfectly fine. They're completely invulnerable to any attack that hits the front. Any projectile that hits, is reflected back. Any attack will cancel wonder wing. To keep players from spamming it, a bar is shown next to their icon. (Similar to robin) This bar will fill up over time, or when the duo takes, or gives out damage. Once the bar depletes, wonder wing deactivates regularly. No shield break animation or anything that punishes running out the meter. However the bar will take slightly longer to start filling up if depleted all the way. If someone is hit by wonder wing, it will do a decent chunk of damage, as well as pop them upwards for a follow up attack. So banjo can dash foward, and follow up with a f-air or n-air.

This is not only a faithful recreation of wonder wing, but gives the duo a good approach option as well.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Something tells me MissingGlitch MissingGlitch is just having a bit of fun!

EDIT: Diddy got buffed? Wasn't he already a good character or am I thinking of Brawl/Smash 4 Diddy?
Diddy in Ultimate is fine, but he's nowhere the beast he was in Smash 4. These buffs help to re-establish him as a bigger threat.

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Can we not act like Minecraft doesn't have any older people in its fanbase, though? I've seen a lot of mature people, some people on the subreddit even posting for their child's birthday or something they made with some people suggesting they're as old as 30-40 in some conversations in the replies section on a post, plus it should be obvious that a lot of older people play the game anyway; not that it should even matter that the fanbase has a majority of pre-teens/younger children.
We don't have a problem with Steve fans because they're young. Our problem is that they constantly crap on Banjo and his fans. They have very little knowledge of anything that happened in this fandom before they were born and seem almost proud of their ignorance. Sometimes they even flaunt it because they know it annoys us.

And on top of that... Minecraft would be a stain on Smash anyway because it was created by a white supremacist. I know a lot of people don't hold that against it because he doesn't profit from the game anymore and also Microsoft/Mojang have basically un-personed him, but I personally think it would be very nasty to see a "character" with that kind of history bumping shoulders with Mario and Pikachu.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
But the important question is. Is the nerfed Greninja meme still alive and well?
From the looks of things, nope. Greninja was untouched in this update.

Pichu, on the other hand, appears to be the one with the most nerfs this time around. Though, how much this affects my enjoyment of him remains to be seen since I'm not a competitive player.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I don't think Steve got a real disconfirmation, since they just acted like it was their own opinion and were incredibly vague or backtracked, but his chances do seem unlikely. We never got a "no" from people that we know for-sure would know, and what they said wasn't as definite anyway.

Kind of like how they call us old people or "Boomers"?

You can pretty much say that for any fanbase, fanbases are going to have both young and older fans, But some are more obvious and more overwhelming than the otherside, Banjo-Kazooie (1998) is an older franchise from the N64 era (1996-2001) so naturally that "Most" fans that grew up with the series are going to likely be around Mid 20's - Early 30's.

Minecraft (2009) has only been around a decade so most of the fans that grew up with it are likely in their mid to late teens.

I always see people and gamers around my age range (Kids too) wearing Nintendo and Pokemon (Same era) merchandise and are more vocal about it, But I honestly never have seen anyone my age range wearing Minecraft merchandise in public, I always see it with kids or preteens, Sure their going to have older fans ,But their not as obvious or vocal about it as much as it's target audience (Kids), In the future when they get older you probably will.

Last edited:

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
Bah Damn, my man Olimar gets a nerf.

Also do you think that New Leak is becoming a little more trustworthy since VR was confirmed? Personally I think he caught wind of it before they showed it off somehow, but idk.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Bah Damn, my man Olimar gets a nerf.

Also do you think that New Leak is becoming a little more trustworthy since VR was confirmed? Personally I think he caught wind of it before they showed it off somehow, but idk.
What new leak?

Top Bottom