• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
I think if we're getting any Resident Evil character, it'd have to be Chris Redfield since he is the most prominent protagonist of the series and has been within it since the very start.

As for the sword users complaint, I have to agree with it to an extent. We do have Link, Young Link and Toon Link who play similar to one another and Marth, Roy, Lucina and Chrom all play virtually the same so I can see why the complaints exist. Especially with Lucina and Chrom who essentially destroy the entire point of playing as Marth and Roy respectively. I don't see a whole lot of complaints against Toon Link, mostly because everyone forgets he even exists.
Yeah, the problem isn't that they exist; it's that they all homogenize together.

Corrin and Robin are wholly unique; but FE as a whole takes up way too many spots in the roster, and Corrin also being a shameless promotional character killed all the hype

Justin Little

Smash Ace
I much prefer the Google Theory than that leak. Leon/Jill are the only characters I have a connection to other than Banjo, of course. Regardless, the moment Banjo Kazooie are announced, I'm buying the fighter's pass no matter who else gets in.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, if Banjo-Kazooie get in, I wouldn't care about who else gets in. I would be content with the duo themselves and that would be all I need. Well, except some first party characters, but I have a feeling the Fighters pass is third party only.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
I think if we're getting any Resident Evil character, it'd have to be Chris Redfield since he is the most prominent protagonist of the series and has been within it since the very start.

As for the sword users complaint, I have to agree with it to an extent. We do have Link, Young Link and Toon Link who play similar to one another and Marth, Roy, Lucina and Chrom all play virtually the same so I can see why the complaints exist. Especially with Lucina and Chrom who essentially destroy the entire point of playing as Marth and Roy respectively. I don't see a whole lot of complaints against Toon Link, mostly because everyone forgets he even exists.
Excuse me, good sir, but Marth and Roy do NOT play exactly the same; Marth's sweet spot is at the tip of his sword, thus having him play more at a distance and requires some precision. Roy's on the other hand is at the hilt of the sword, thus he prefers getting up close and personal with the opponent. As for Lucina and Chrom, they don't have any sweetspot, so you can basically play them however you want, thus making them (and possibly Ken) the only worthwhile Echo FIghters.

Justin Little

Smash Ace
Maybe, but Resident Evil 4 is such a big deal. I would argue Leon is the most popular male character whereas Jill is the most popular female character in the series. And since having a male and female protagonist is usually RE's shtick, these two make sense. I don't think Jill would be a simple palette swap though. She would be an echo, I imagine.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Where RE is concerned, I think Capcom would want Chris as they push him as the face of RE.

I think Sakurai would want Leon. RE4 is the pinnacle of the series. The FF7 of the series.

Jill's not starred in a new main RE game since 1999 but she's a fan favorite.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion

But all of that is a dumb argument because those characters were made to play similarly. It would be one thing if those characters were intended to be unique but they were purposefully built on the base fighter to help increase roster size. This is like complaining Pit and Dark Pit feel the same or Olimar and Alph or Ness and Lucas or Fox and Falco. It's silly.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
i think leon should've received an alternate costume of a female character who's part of his history,someone such as Claire Redfield.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Also this is late af but i saw yall were talking about DKC yesterday. I just got Tropical Freeze and it may be the best 2d platformer of all time. Give me a dixie kong echo for smaaaash
Tropical Freeze is honestly a masterpiece and I'm still kinda mad at the "Should've been Metroid!" crowd for crapping all over it when it was announced.
I agree it's the best 2D Platformer I have ever played, Definitely puts the New Super Mario Bros Series to shame and in my opinion probably the best 2D Platformer Platformer ever made.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Excuse me, good sir, but Marth and Roy do NOT play exactly the same; Marth's sweet spot is at the tip of his sword, thus having him play more at a distance and requires some precision. Roy's on the other hand is at the hilt of the sword, thus he prefers getting up close and personal with the opponent. As for Lucina and Chrom, they don't have any sweetspot, so you can basically play them however you want, thus making them (and possibly Ken) the only worthwhile Echo FIghters.
I genuinely can’t tell if you’re joking or not.

SuperiorYoshi87

Smash Lord
NNID
AVENGERxTHOR
Wouldn't care if the leak is real id get Banjo. Don't care about Erdrick however I LOVE Toriyama's art style and I wouldn't be opposed to getting a character with his style in Smash.

I like RE, Chris is my favorite though so I'd rather him over Leon...

I have zero interest in Lloyd... though given he got a Mii costume last game it wouldn't shock me if he was the Namco rep.

Id rather get the Google line up as Artorias and Doom Slayer along Banjo would be amazing.... though I wouldn't be opposed to Master Chief getting in over Doom Slayer. Getting the Chief and Banjo would be mind blowingly hype

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I genuinely can’t tell if you’re joking or not.
It's true, Roy is supposed to be the extreme opposite of Marth gameplay-wise. Sorry you fell for the "all FE reps are just skins of Marth" meme.

DMTN

Smash Journeyman
While I prefer the Google roster, Banjo and Leon are satisfying enough. Lloyd would be disappointing though.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Honestly, I'm being serious; that's how the two of them play, and if you were to try and play Marth like you'd play Roy or vice versa, you wouldn't get very far.
It's true, Roy is supposed to be the extreme opposite of Marth gameplay-wise. Sorry you fell for the "all FE reps are just skins of Marth" meme.
It's just a really bad argument if you're advocating for more swordsmen than we have already to say "These very similar characters play slightly differently from one another because of their sweet spots so therefore why not more characters that play slightly differently?". If the difference between Erdrick and Link or Cloud for example is going to be as different as Marth is from Lucina or Roy then that's not very appealing.

Last edited:

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Yo DMTN I’m new here, can you by any chance tell me what you mean by Leon and Lloyd? Is there some leak I’m missing?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It's just a really bad argument if you're advocating for more swordsmen than we have already to say "These very similar characters play slightly differently from one another because of their sweet spots so therefore why not more characters that play very similarly?". If the difference between Erdrick and Link or Cloud for example is going to be as different as Marth is from Lucina or Roy then that's not very appealing.
Banjo would be a Duck Hunt clone. :4pacman:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yo DMTN I’m new here, can you by any chance tell me what you mean by Leon and Lloyd? Is there some leak I’m missing?
Welcome to the forums!

EDIT: And there was a recent leak involving Banjo, Erdrick, Leon and Lloyd.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
An alleged leak that seemingly got the release of the new Smash Bros update right that was posted awhile ago.

The leak says we're getting: Erdrick, Banjo, Leon/Jill, and Lloyd

Firox

Smash Master
An alleged leak that seemingly got the release of the new Smash Bros update right that was posted awhile ago.

The leak says we're getting: Erdrick, Banjo, Leon/Jill, and Lloyd
Aside from Banjo, I despise that line up. That said, after the Ken/Incineroar leak came true, I must only conclude that it's real. Kinda sad that my worst fears are the only ones that come true.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
It's just a really bad argument if you're advocating for more swordsmen than we have already to say "These very similar characters play slightly differently from one another because of their sweet spots so therefore why not more characters that play very similarly?". If the difference between Erdrick and Link or Cloud for example is going to be as different as Marth is from Lucina or Roy then that's not very appealing.
I feel like you're putting words in my mouth. My issue with the whole "Too Many Swordsmen" argument is that people declare any potential new sword-wielder as "just another sword-wielder" as if every character that primarily uses a sword plays exactly alike. Furthermore, I never stated that I WANTED more swordfighters; I was just responding to a comment that implied that Marth and Roy play exactly alike when they don't, and at the end of the day, Smash is a fighting game, thus gameplay is what matters most i.e. how a character plays.

In short, I'm not saying I want more swordfighters in Smash; rather, I'm saying to actually wait and see how any future potential fighters play before dumping on them.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Aside from Banjo, I despise that line up. That said, after the Ken/Incineroar leak came true, I must only conclude that it's real. Kinda sad that my worst fears are the only ones that come true.
Remember that the leaker who leaked Ken and Incineroar and the leaker who made this leak are two different people. One was right, this one could be either right or wrong.

Firox

Smash Master
Remember that the leaker who leaked Ken and Incineroar and the leaker who made this leak are two different people. One was right, this one could be either right or wrong.
I guess that leaves room for at least a little hope.

RETROROTER

Smash Journeyman
Wow thank you for all the replies! If by any chance can someone direct me to this leak or post a picture of it? Thank you and I’m really glad to be here, like everyone else here I am a HUGE Banjo Kazooie fan and have longed for them to join the roster ever since Melee and the amount of evidence for there inclusion in Ultimate is really getting me excited! I really do hope that the Bear and Bird finally join the roster, it’s long overdue!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Wow thank you for all the replies! If by any chance can someone direct me to this leak or post a picture of it? Thank you and I’m really glad to be here, like everyone else here I am a HUGE Banjo Kazooie fan and have longed for them to join the roster ever since Melee and the amount of evidence for there inclusion in Ultimate is really getting me excited! I really do hope that the Bear and Bird finally join the roster, it’s long overdue!
Good to see another Banjo-Kazooie fan here.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
I feel like you're putting words in my mouth. My issue with the whole "Too Many Swordsmen" argument is that people declare any potential new sword-wielder as "just another sword-wielder" as if every character that primarily uses a sword plays exactly alike. Furthermore, I never stated that I WANTED more swordfighters; I was just responding to a comment that implied that Marth and Roy play exactly alike when they don't, and at the end of the day, Smash is a fighting game, thus gameplay is what matters most i.e. how a character plays.

In short, I'm not saying I want more swordfighters in Smash; rather, I'm saying to actually wait and see how any future potential fighters play before dumping on them.
Sorry if I misconstrued what you were trying to say. I will say though that even if the roster is 70-ish or so characters and swordfighters are only making up a portion of that at a certain point it seems like it's going to be really hard to distinguish new swordies from the others as more get added. They would have to be very unique (like Cloud and Shulk) as a character to not be seen as being too similar to the FE swordfighters just because there are already several on the roster. I think that is specifically why Erdrick to me is such an anti-hype pick. With Joker I've never played Persona but I bought the character because his use of Arsene was really cool and his playstyle looked really unique and I'm happy with my purchase. With Lloyd even though I'm not a megafan of the Tales series like some people I could appreciate the fact that he uses two swords because that's a style that hasn't been done in Smash yet. With Erdrick though he has a sword and a shield and some spells. So he'd be a hybrid Link/Robin? That doesn't seem as exciting to me, and isn't something I'd be hyped to buy.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
So the "leak" got the update number wrong, but the date correct? interesting. this "leak" came out a few days before the smash update was announced, correct?

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
So the "leak" got the update number wrong, but the date correct? interesting. this "leak" came out a few days before the smash update was announced, correct?
I feel like if you know the date that close you would at least know the update version number.

Last edited:

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
I’m sorry but it’s just flat-out unreasonable to argue that sword users are as likely to have unique movesets as non-swordies.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
But all of that is a dumb argument because those characters were made to play similarly. It would be one thing if those characters were intended to be unique but they were purposefully built on the base fighter to help increase roster size. This is like complaining Pit and Dark Pit feel the same or Olimar and Alph or Ness and Lucas or Fox and Falco. It's silly.
What good does increasing the roster size do if they mostly play the same? It's just redundant to have them if they offer nothing new. I could understand Roy because his attacks are stronger at the hilt but Lucina and Chrom offer nothing unique. Lucina is just Marth without a tipper and Chrom is Roy without the hilt.

I have no problem with Ness and Lucas or Fox and Falco because they have enough difference from each other to make them unique. However I do have the same problem with Pit and Dark Pit as Dark Pit again offers nothing unique.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
God forbid we don't add another human with spiky hair, a cape, a ludicrous sword, and 700 zippers to Smash Bros: a game celebrating unique character design

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

Microsofts E3 is looking packed

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

Microsofts E3 is looking packed
Microsoft isn't playing around this year. How long is their presentation even going to be?

ZelDan

Smash Master
One game I kind of expect too see from MS at E3 is the new Battletoads game announced last year. Interested to see what they do with that.

hopefully it will be hard, but not AS ridiculously hard as the NES game. That game was a pain in the ass even using

Top Bottom