• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

mbvswb

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 4561 1118 2914
I have been 50/50 on this for awhile bc i have no childhood connection with banjo, but I'm in. I'm not confident in BK's inclusion but i want them so badly now, especially for all your reactions. Lets do this e3!

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
I think one of the reasons waluigi gets so much hate is because the fandom needed a new "ridley" to pick on.

After Ridley was confirmed, fanhate also moved to K Rool, and when he was confirmed, they returned to their old stand-by characters like Waluigi, Isaac and Geno. This seems to have moved to Banjo nowadays. Its like locusts: go on to the new character to hate, feed, and continue to the next.

While some fanbases can get overzealous with their support (like Pro-Ridley annoying people enough for them to become anti-Ridley....until the anti group ironically became more obnoxious than the pro), I believe there is potential for character hate because they are a threat to 'slots.' While character X didn't take character Y's spot, there still is only a finite amount of openings for characters, each one that gets in lowers the chances that the now fewer slots can hold that potential wanted character (like a multiple prize raffle. You are fine at first not being the early winner but once more of the prizes are being called and its not you, you get more annoyed as your chances lower. Plus, you usually more resent a person from the middle or end of the winning group rather than the beginning).

Take Geno and Crono. Both characters have similar histories and hurdles to overcome if they want to be playable (popular characters from the 90s, 3rd party, dormant status and series, one game, etc). But Geno has a bigger hatebase than Crono and Crono is met mostly with neutral to positive reception (which is odd as the Smash fanbase has this very vocal problem/whine concerning anime, sword fighters and Goku in Smash, but literal anime sword orange hair Goku is fine?). This could be because Crono has not had as active of a fanbase for Smash compared to other characters, so the fanbase hasn't gotten a chance to get on the nerves of others to make a hatebase and that the Smash base don't see Crono as a possibility to be playable thus not a threat to their most wanted being added. Meanwhile Geno is from 20+ years ago, one game but was acknowledged by Sakurai and even got a Mii costume and spirit from a company that couldn't even give more than 2 songs from their biggest franchise. So to them, Geno is a problem as he could actually be playable.

All that to say is it can apply to Banjo and say Joanna Dark. Both from the company, both dormant series, but Banjo would be disliked far more than Dark as he's been discussed and has better chances than her. Now with this insider talk showing that Banjo is a possibility, people are getting more annoyed since he's more viable competition. When a character gets a spike in hate so suddenly, it can't just be a reaction to fanbase obnoxiousness. Some of it has to come from resentment that this character could impact another most wanted. Expect it to get worse as we get to fighter pass 4 and 5.

I bet you if K Rool was saved for the November direct, his hatebase would have swelled after August.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
In the spirit of getting ramped up for E3, I decided to go back and revisit an interesting idea for a Banjo-Kazooie stage we had discussed a while back. The idea of having Gruntilda fly around in the background spouting insults and rhymes to the fighters is too cool an idea to not be put in. If we do end up finally having the beloved backpacking bear and bird buddies return to Nintendo and join the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate roster, I hope they go all out like they did with Joker and give us some great Easter Eggs and nods to the original games. So with that said, I decided to make up insulting Grunty rhymes for all the Smash Bros. characters so far to be officially confirmed for Smash, along with one special one that hopefully will come to fruition in the coming months at long last!

Mario: So, you're the famous video game hero? I hear you're a plumber and I need a fixed Loggo!
Donkey Kong: That tie looks so silly on your furry hide! When I get through with the bear and bird, you'll fry!
Link: A champion like you may have bested a calamity but when I'm through with you, you'll have earned my pity!
Samus: That suit and that gun arm look sleek and divine! I wonder how I'd look in such a suit so fine!
Yoshi: You foolish green lizard with that tongue and those eggs! You try to eat me and I'll break your legs!
Kirby: You're cute and you're pink and round as a ball! I'll destroy you and your friends once and for all!
Fox: A fancy gun and speed you may possess. But you'll make a fine fur coat to go with my dress!
Pikachu: An electric rat? Now I've seen everything! Oh what has become of video-gaming?
Jigglypuff: Those songs you sing are tone deaf and bland! I'll blow your ears out with my band!
Luigi: I hear you fight ghosts but you're a cowardly bro! Nowhere near as tough as Mario!
Captain Falcon: You should've stayed in your fancy blue car! My spells shall send you flying fast and far!
Ness: You have some toys and some powers of the mind. Let's see how they fare against spells of my kind!
Peach: I'll kidnap you like that lizardy lout, then I'll be pretty and thin and you'll be ugly and stout!
Bowser: The King of the Koopas but you're beat by a pair of plumbers! Can a villain possibly be any dumber?
Ice Climbers: You two are a frostbitten pair! At Freezeezy Peak, you'll fit right at home there!
Zelda: The Princess of Hyrule so fair and so true, I can't wait to use my spells on you!
Sheik: Whoever you are, with your mask and your skills, I'll catch up to you and beat you, I will!
Dr. Mario: So the plumber is a doctor now, how quaint! Better prepare to fix yourself when you faint!
Pichu: You hurt yourself with every jolt you unleash! Your chances of winning are about to decrease!
Falco: No doubt your friends with that foolish flying fox! I'll send you back to your friends in a pine box!
Marth: Your sword is quite sharp and you are quite quick, but can you dodge my spells and deal with my tricks?
Young Link: Isn't that sword a bit big for you, boy? Why not run along home and go play with your toys!
Ganondorf: The King of Evil but you just now got your sword! You'd best hurry up, I'm getting bored!
Mewtwo: A powerful monster that can read minds you may be, but I dare to try such a stunt with me!
Roy: You look quite regal with your sword and your flare! I'll fix you good and give you a scare!
Mr. Game & Watch: You're flat and you're black, how strange! To make you go flying can be arranged!
Meta Knight: You're handy with a blade and you fly like a bat! I'll have to do something about that!
Pit: An angel from the heavens, but you can barely even fly! I'll hurt you so bad I'll make your goddess cry!
Zero Suit Samus: So you've taken off your suit and shown me your beauty! I'll take from you what I'll take from Tooty!
Wario: The smell of your farts fills me with unbridled joy! Too bad for your fat butt I'll have to destroy!
Snake: You're stealthy and tough, I'll give you that! But my spells and rhymes will stomp you flat!
Ike: That sword of yours is far too big! Let old Grunty turn it into a twig!
Pokemon Trainer: Those creatures you command are quite queer! But Gruntilda the Witch has nothing to fear!
Diddy Kong: You filthy little chimp in your red Nintendo hat! Gruntilda will defeat you, I have no fear of that!
Lucas: You little crybaby with your psychic power! When I'm through with you, your tears will become a torrential shower!
Sonic the Hedgehog: A little blue rat that moves at the speed of sound? In for a penny, in for a pound!
King Dedede: You're big with that hammer as the King of Dream Land! But try dealing with a spell from Grunty's hand!
Olimar: You're a gardener of sorts but you hail from space! Those colored creatures won't help you win first place!
Lucario: You glow with some aura the more that you hurt! So Gruntilda will just have to pound you into the dirt!
R.O.B.: A mechanical relic, that's all that you are! I'll smash you to a million little pieces and send them far!
Toon Link: A cartoon version of that green clad brat? This game is ridiculous, I'm sure of that!
Wolf: At Mad Monster Mansion, you'd fit right at home! Especially in the graveyard with all of the bones!

Villager: You collect items like that fool bear and bird! You'll collect your own death, you have my word!
Mega Man: You've bested robotic villains, that's true! But this witch is gonna turn you black and blue!
Wii Fit Trainer: You wish to make me trim but I'm far too fat! I'll sit on you and squish you flat!
Rosalina & Luma: A galactic princess who hails from the stars. Gruntilda will launch you just as far!
Little Mac: A feisty little fighter you may be, but I'll stay well and far above your reach!
Greninja: A ninja who's a frog? How neat! Grunty will boil your tongue for a froggy treat!
Palutena: A beautiful goddess with gorgeous green locks! Grunty will steal your beauty and wear your socks!

Pac-Man: You look like a sliced pizza pie, you dumb ball! Gruntilda's spells will make you fall!
Lucina: You're just a pale imitation of that fop with the sword! You and your kind are making me bored!
Robin: Are you a boy or a girl? Who cares? Your spells won't stop Grunty from kicking your derriere!
Shulk: You change your physical stats with that sword? With all these people wielding toothpicks, Grunty's getting bored!
Bowser Jr.: In that goofy clown car you're mischievous and small! To your father, Grunty will send you to bawl!
Dark Pit: Another angel, but your hair is all black! Gruntilda will show you how much power you lack!
Duck Hunt: A dog and a duck?! How absurd! That's even sillier than that foolish bear and bird!
Ryu: A powerful warrior you look to be, but you'll be sorry you ever came messing with me!
Cloud Strife: That sword looks as sharp and spiky as your hair! I'll blast you away, so you better beware!
Corrin: You turn into a dragon and you're quick with a blade! But you're all washed up and about to be slayed!
Bayonetta: You can't be a witch, you're not ugly enough! Grunty will make good and sure this fight of yours is tough!
Inkling: Are you a kid or a squid?! It doesn't matter! You best hide in your ink before you splatter!
Daisy: Aren't you cute in that little frock? Grunty's got just the spell to knock you out of your socks!
Ridley: A purple dragon like you is too big to fit in here! I'll cut you down to size and give you something to fear!
Simon Belmont: So! You deal with monsters, eh? I bet you've never dealt with such a powerful witch in your day!
Richter Belmont: You have some fancy moves with that whip! All Grunty can do is wiggle her hips!
Chrom: The father of that pale imitation, that's all that you are! Gruntilda and her spells with send you flying far!
Dark Samus: A shadowy version of that girl with the suit! Personally I think you're much more cute!
King K. Rool: You look in need of some eye drops, you dope! Against Gruntilda and her spells, you'll lose all hope!
Isabelle: Like Tooty, you're too cute and too sweet! This fight of yours will be difficult to beat!
Ken: You have fancy moves like that other Street Fighter! Time to see if Grunty's even mightier!
Incineroar: Another one of these infernal Pokemon? Gruntilda's getting annoyed! C'mon!
Piranha Plant: What a fine looking plant you are! Grunty will take you home and put you in her jar!
Joker: So you like to steal and be cool? Gruntilda will end you easily, you fool!

Mii Fighter: So, you've joined the ranks of the Smash Bros. crew? I bet you're a nerd in the real world! Aren't you?

And, of course, a special one to complete!
Banjo-Kazooie: The bear and bird, you've returned at long last! You should've stayed home in Nintendo's forgotten past!

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

Switch next? :thinking:
It’s much easier to develop Game Pass for PC when almost all of that content already exists for PCs. Game Pass on Switch is a much further off idea that only works for indies and the handful of games that might make it across platforms (it’s not a streaming service which would make other things possible).

Whatever version of the “Pass” we could hope for wouldn’t even be a 1/10th of what the actual Game Pass is given how much just wont natively Run on Switch without significant port work and optimization.

Looma

Smash Journeyman
In the spirit of getting ramped up for E3, I decided to go back and revisit an interesting idea for a Banjo-Kazooie stage we had discussed a while back. The idea of having Gruntilda fly around in the background spouting insults and rhymes to the fighters is too cool an idea to not be put in. If we do end up finally having the beloved backpacking bear and bird buddies return to Nintendo and join the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate roster, I hope they go all out like they did with Joker and give us some great Easter Eggs and nods to the original games. So with that said, I decided to make up insulting Grunty rhymes for all the Smash Bros. characters so far to be officially confirmed for Smash, along with one special one that hopefully will come to fruition in the coming months at long last!

Mario: So, you're the famous video game hero? I hear you're a plumber and I need a fixed Loggo!
Donkey Kong: That tie looks so silly on your furry hide! When I get through with the bear and bird, you'll fry!
Link: A champion like you may have bested a calamity but when I'm through with you, you'll have earned my pity!
Samus: That suit and that gun arm look sleek and divine! I wonder how I'd look in such a suit so fine!
Yoshi: You foolish green lizard with that tongue and those eggs! You try to eat me and I'll break your legs!
Kirby: You're cute and you're pink and round as a ball! I'll destroy you and your friends once and for all!
Fox: A fancy gun and speed you may possess. But you'll make a fine fur coat to go with my dress!
Pikachu: An electric rat? Now I've seen everything! Oh what has become of video-gaming?
Jigglypuff: Those songs you sing are tone deaf and bland! I'll blow your ears out with my band!
Luigi: I hear you fight ghosts but you're a cowardly bro! Nowhere near as tough as Mario!
Captain Falcon: You should've stayed in your fancy blue car! My spells shall send you flying fast and far!
Ness: You have some toys and some powers of the mind. Let's see how they fare against spells of my kind!
Peach: I'll kidnap you like that lizardy lout, then I'll be pretty and thin and you'll be ugly and stout!
Bowser: The King of the Koopas but you're beat by a pair of plumbers! Can a villain possibly be any dumber?
Ice Climbers: You two are a frostbitten pair! At Freezeezy Peak, you'll fit right at home there!
Zelda: The Princess of Hyrule so fair and so true, I can't wait to use my spells on you!
Sheik: Whoever you are, with your mask and your skills, I'll catch up to you and beat you, I will!
Dr. Mario: So the plumber is a doctor now, how quaint! Better prepare to fix yourself when you faint!
Pichu: You hurt yourself with every jolt you unleash! Your chances of winning are about to decrease!
Falco: No doubt your friends with that foolish flying fox! I'll send you back to your friends in a pine box!
Marth: Your sword is quite sharp and you are quite quick, but can you dodge my spells and deal with my tricks?
Young Link: Isn't that sword a bit big for you, boy? Why not run along home and go play with your toys!
Ganondorf: The King of Evil but you just now got your sword! You'd best hurry up, I'm getting bored!
Mewtwo: A powerful monster that can read minds you may be, but I dare to try such a stunt with me!
Roy: You look quite regal with your sword and your flare! I'll fix you good and give you a scare!
Mr. Game & Watch: You're flat and you're black, how strange! To make you go flying can be arranged!
Meta Knight: You're handy with a blade and you fly like a bat! I'll have to do something about that!
Pit: An angel from the heavens, but you can barely even fly! I'll hurt you so bad I'll make your goddess cry!
Zero Suit Samus: So you've taken off your suit and shown me your beauty! I'll take from you what I'll take from Tooty!
Wario: The smell of your farts fills me with unbridled joy! Too bad for your fat butt I'll have to destroy!
Snake: You're stealthy and tough, I'll give you that! But my spells and rhymes will stomp you flat!
Pokemon Trainer: Those creatures you command are quite queer! But Gruntilda has nothing to fear!
Diddy Kong: You filthy little chimp in your red Nintendo hat! Gruntilda will defeat you, I have no fear of that!
Sonic the Hedgehog: A little blue rat that moves at the speed of sound. In for a penny, in for a pound!
King Dedede: You're big with that hammer as the King of Dream Land! But try dealing with a spell from my hand!
Olimar: You're a gardener of sorts but you hail from space! Those colored creatures won't help you win first place!
Lucario: You glow with some aura the more you hurt! So Gruntilda will pound you into the dirt!
R.O.B.: A mechanical relic, that's all you are! I'll smash you to a million little pieces and send them far!
Toon Link: A cartoon version of that green clad brat? This game is ridiculous, I'm sure of that!
Wolf: At Mad Monster Mansion, you'd fit right at home! Especially in the graveyard with all the bones!

Villager: You collect items like that fool bear and bird! You'll collect your own death, you have my word!
Mega Man: You've bested robotic villains, that's true! But this witch is gonna turn you black and blue!
Wii Fit Trainer: You wish to make me trim but I'm far too fat! I'll sit on you and squish you flat!
Rosalina & Luma: A galactic princess who hails from the stars. Gruntilda will launch you just as far!
Little Mac: A feisty little fighter you may be, but I'll stay well and far above your reach!
Greninja: A ninja who's a frog? How neat! Grunty will boil your tongue for a froggy treat!
Palutena: A beautiful goddess with gorgeous green locks! Grunty will steal your beauty and wear your socks!

Pac-Man: You look like a sliced pizza pie, you dumb ball! Gruntilda's spells will make you fall!
Lucina: You're just a pale imitation of that fop with the sword! You and your kind are making me bored!
Robin: Are you a boy or a girl? Who cares? Your spells won't stop Grunty from kicking your derriere!
Shulk: You change your physical stats with that sword? With all these people wielding toothpicks, Grunty's getting bored!
Bowser Jr.: In that goofy clown car you're mischievous and small! To your father, Grunty will make you bawl!
Dark Pit: Another angel, but your hair is all black! Gruntilda will show you how much power you lack!
Duck Hunt: A dog and a duck?! How absurd! That's even sillier than that foolish bear and bird!
Ryu: A powerful warrior you look to be, but you'll be sorry you ever came messing with me!
Cloud Strife: That sword looks as sharp and spiky as your hair! I'll blast you away, so you better beware!
Corrin: You turn into a dragon and you're quick with a blade! But you're all washed up and about to be slayed!
Bayonetta: You can't be a witch, you're not ugly enough! Grunty will make good and sure this fight of yours is tough!
Inkling: Are you a kid or a squid?! It doesn't matter! You best hide in your ink before you splatter!
Daisy: Aren't you cute in that little frock? Grunty's got just the spell to knock you out of your socks!
Ridley: A purple dragon like you is too big to fit here! I'll cut you down to size and give you something to fear!
Simon Belmont: So! You deal with monsters, eh? I bet you've never dealt with such a powerful witch in your day!
Richter Belmont: You have some fancy moves with that whip! All Grunty can do is wiggle her hips!
Chrom: The father of that pale imitation, that's all that you are! Gruntilda and her spells with send you flying far!
Dark Samus: A shadowy version of that girl with the suit! Personally I think you're much more cute!
King K. Rool: You look in need of some eye drops, you dope! Against Gruntilda and her spells, you'll lose all hope!
Isabelle: Like Tooty, you're too cute and too sweet! This fight of yours will be difficult to beat!
Incineroar: Another one of these infernal Pokemon? Grunty's getting annoyed! C'mon!
Piranha Plant: What a fine looking plant you are! Grunty will take you home and put you in her jar!
Joker: So you like to steal and be cool? Gruntilda will end you easily, you fool!

Mii Fighter: So, you've joined the ranks of the Smash Bros. crew? I bet you're a nerd in the real world! Aren't you?

Banjo-Kazooie: The bear and bird, you've returned at long last! You should've stayed home in Nintendo's forgotten past!
these are really great

but you forgot these blondes
v84wu8er.png

ken-masters-super-street-fighter-4-48.8.jpg

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

Pokemon Trainer: Those creatures you command are quite queer! But Gruntilda has nothing to fear!
Lucas: You little crybaby with your psychic power! When I'm through with you, your tears will become a torrential shower!
Sonic the Hedgehog: A little blue rat that moves at the speed of sound. In for a penny, in for a pound!
King Dedede: You're big with that hammer as the King of Dream Land! But try dealing with a spell from my hand!
Lucario: You glow with some aura the more you hurt! So Gruntilda will pound you into the dirt!
R.O.B.: A mechanical relic, that's all you are! I'll smash you to a million little pieces and send them far!
Wolf: At Mad Monster Mansion, you'd fit right at home! Especially in the graveyard with all the bones!
Bowser Jr.: In that goofy clown car you're mischievous and small! To your father, Grunty will make you bawl!
Ridley: A purple dragon like you is too big to fit here! I'll cut you down to size and give you something to fear!
Incineroar: Another one of these infernal Pokemon? Grunty's getting annoyed! C'mon!
Ken: You have fancy moves like that other Street Fighter! Time to see if Grunty's even mightier!

Oh, oh! Let me in on this! I have a few of my own!

Wario: "A greedy miser all dressed in yellow! I have to admit, you're MY kind of fellow!"

King K. Rool: "King K. Rool! It's been quite awhile! You were nearly forgotten, you fat crocodile!"

ZSS: "You think with that suit that you're all that? I'd wear a zero suit too, were I not so fat!"

Bayonetta: "Put your clothes on! This game's rated E! That's hardly something for kids to see!"

Sonic: "You're quick on your feet for a big blue rat! Perhaps when you're dead you'll make a fine hat!"

Mario: "The famous plumber all dressed in red! That silly mustache I'll be sure to shred!"

Luigi: "A little green man all shaking in fear! You'd better run home, for your end is near!"

Bowser: "To kidnap Peach, you go through such hassle! Sorry old friend, but she's in another castle!"

Donkey Kong: "You flea-bitten ape! Get out of my lair! I'd rather be friends with that fat smelly bear!"

And purely for a laugh

Goku: An orange-clad hero of world renowned fame! Though quite a few wonder why you're IN this game!"

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
Would be a good time to post this as well. Not much since its 4chan, but if things line up we may get some chicken dinner here. Hope someone can verify if the update lines up with this.

20190530_114059.jpg

I won't be able to see the update since I'm seeing Godzilla tonight (Get Hype!).

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
Would be a good time to post this as well. Not much since its 4chan, but if things line up we may get some chicken dinner here. Hope someone can verify if the update lines up with this.

View attachment 225136

I won't be able to see the update since I'm seeing Godzilla tonight (Get Hype!).
If this turns out to be true, both two of my friends AND me will be VERY happy. Only thing that's suspicious is I would think Claire Redfield would be Leon's alt instead of Jill... especially since Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine were both in Marvel VS. Capcom, which given that would make sense to have the other two be in Smash instead.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
Oh hey, you beat me to this! Someone actually leaked this to Papagenos last week

View attachment 225109
Things are starting to look up for Banjo if this is to be believed. I give Sabi much more credit than I do Verge.

View attachment 225136

I'll be honest and say that Banjo is the only character from this list that excites me, but if it means that we get Banjo, I won't complain.

It's still very likely that it's fake, but I'd be happy with it.

Despite that, I'm now predicting an Erdrick-Banjo double reveal at E3. That will please both Japanese and Western audiences.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

View attachment 225136

Wouldn't mind this, even though the only two I care about are the bear and bird, though I am interested in Dragon Quest (Slime started that interest, though, and DQ 11 looks cool).

The last bit of info, though; oof. He got the date right, but the version wrong; we're getting 3.1.0.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Wouldn't mind this, even though the only two I care about are the bear and bird, though I am interested in Dragon Quest (Slime started that interest, though, and DQ 11 looks cool).

The last bit of info, though; oof. He got the date right, but the version wrong; we're getting 3.1.0.
Yeah that makes me feel a bit iffy about trusting it.. its possible they just changed the version last minute but would they though?

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord

View attachment 225136

The only character there that I actually care about is Banjo-Kazooie, so that would be a bit of a bitter pill.

Though, what makes me skeptical about this is that while this guy got the date right, he got the update wrong; it's not 3.0.2, it's 3.1.0.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Yeah that makes me feel a bit iffy about trusting it.. its possible they just changed the version last minute but would they though?
I'm not sure; 3.0.2 would imply they were just planning bugfixes or something, and I'd imagine balance changes (which 3.1.0 is bringing) could take a while due to having to test characters and such to see if there's any balance problems - and if the datamines are correct, 3.1.0 also has some VR mode and more amiibo stuff.

Last edited:
I would be extremely happy with that dlc lineup. Although it’s very likely it’s fake. Anyone can make their username “Sal Romano” and make a lucky guess

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

View attachment 225136

Ok not going to lie. This is one boring DLC lineup outside of Banjo.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Oh hey, you beat me to this! Someone actually leaked this to Papagenos last week

View attachment 225109
that source Papa came across is actually pretty mighty
mighty as in par to Verge's description of his 3rd main source (aka MS3) for Smash rumors
(FACT: not MANY know that or wanna hear that either, MS3 aced a lot of E3 rumors and few longterms ones too.)

just saying, Papa got really lucky here. I hope he stick around too.

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Ok not going to lie. This is one boring DLC lineup outside of Banjo.
Yeah, it would be assuming it's legit, that is; I'm personally treating this like I do every supposed "leak" (ESPECIALLY the 4chan ones) since the Grinch Leak: I'm not really buying it until I actually see its claims happen.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Yeah, it would be assuming it's legit, that is; I'm personally treating this like I do every supposed "leak" (ESPECIALLY the 4chan ones) since the Grinch Leak: I'm not really buying it until I actually see its claims happen.
If true. It's like Sakurai purposely picked out every game series I couldn't care less about and added a character from them lol. But threw me a bone with Banjo. At most I could understand Leon. But when the other three would look extremely similar in Smash's artstyle and have a sword as a main part of their moveset. The variation in the fighter pass is extremely lacking. 1 gun user, Banjo, Three Sword Fighters.
Erdrick_Male.png Lloyd_Irving_(TotW-ND3).jpg Joker_SSBU.png

Last edited:

dlewis53

Smash Lord
If true. It's like Sakurai purposely picked out every game series I couldn't care less about and added a character from them lol. But threw me a bone with Banjo. At most I could understand Leon. But when the other three would look extremely similar in Smash's artstyle and have a sword as a main part of their moveset. The variation in the fighter pass is extremely lacking. 1 gun user, Banjo, Three Sword Fighters.
View attachment 225138View attachment 225139View attachment 225140
...Except it's entirely possible that these three would play pretty differently from each other, and that's what ultimately matters. I mean, I severely doubt that either Erdrick or Lloyd would have anything resembling Joker's Rebellion Meter.

TheZoologist

Smash Ace
...Except it's entirely possible that these three would play pretty differently from each other, and that's what ultimately matters. I mean, I severely doubt that either Erdrick or Lloyd would have anything resembling Joker's Rebellion Meter.
I kind of agree with MissingGlitch and you at the same time, dlewis53. They could all play differently, but they do also have very similar design aesthetics and for a Fighter Pass that should, in my opinion, have a diverse group of characters, it could be pretty disappointing to have so many similar styles of characters even with the likes of Banjo & Kazooie in it, which obviously is all I really care about. Especially considering the DLC for Sm4sh had a similar issue with more serious human video game characters with similar aesthetics in Smash's style, so to get a repeat of that similar aesthetic could be disappointing. However, I will also say that I've always loved Akira Toriyama's style and would love to see that translate into Smash's aesthetic, and like I said before if Leon Kennedy and Lloyd Irving got in, two of my friends would be very happy and with Banjo & Kazooie in as well, I'd have no complaints in the end.

ivanlerma

Smash Champion
i would be satisfied with Lloyd, i remember playing him Super Smash Flash 2 so no problem with me.as for the other two i am still not going to play erdrick no matter how interesting he tries to be, but leon i could stand to accept however i'm finding it hard to see this leak true if jill is going to be added to leon.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
View attachment 225138View attachment 225139View attachment 225140
This is pretty much how I feel. I would honestly be cool with Lloyd but both Lloyd and Erdrick would be kind of lame. Though that’s probably because Erdrick is the definition of anti hype for me.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
So, Erdrick, Leon/Jill, Banjo and Lloyd.

Banjo is A+ of course.

I have no ties to Erdrick and initially see him as bland, but I understand his high popularity and gaming impact (and how Earthbound reflects that).

Leon and Jill sound cool despite how I never played RE, but I have heard Jill many times. But why an alt and released later? Did he mean echo?

Lloyd is the 2 swords guy? Could be interesting.

Now, do I believe the leak? No. All 'leaks' with a grain of salt. But the list looks interesting, much, MUCH better than that 5chan leak.

dlewis53

Smash Lord
Though that’s probably because Erdrick is the definition of anti hype for me.
This, I understand, because not only do I not really care about Erdrick, but I honestly feel that Sora would've been a better choice from Square. Or, barring that, I may not have any personal connection to him, but Geno would also fit well. Erdrick, on the other hand, going by his general appearance, just looks generic. Heck, with the sword and shield, he honestly reminds me a bit of Link.

SwordOfSeals

Smash Cadet
Is it possible for Erdrick and Banjo to be released after E3 though? The fact that 3.0.1 drops tonight and and pop up expires on June 16th kinda makes me feel a E3 released character may not happen.

60F24FB9-3261-4D0D-9346-7724873ABCF1.jpeg

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I would find it pretty funny though that even Nintendo would know that Erdrick couldn't stand on his own as a reveal so they have to announce him with Banjo. No one is going to remember that Erdrick was even announced after Banjo's announcement.

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 225136

I could believe it. All of the choices seem like incredibly safe picks, especially since Banjo would be the only character from a company who isn't already cooperating for Smash. I would be pretty hyped for Banjo and Erdrick, and while they aren't my personal top choices, Leon and Lloyd would both be good additions and totally deserved.

Definitely believable, but it has no real credibility until after E3. Anyone can claim to be an old leaker, so we'll just have to wait and see for now.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I highly doubt that rumor, but at the same time I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that's the lineup Nintendo picked. They're very safe picks.

Erdrick is pretty much anti-hype for me so doing a double reveal with Banjo would be the best way for Nintendo to maintain hype.

Don't care about Lloyd, but at least he's more interesting than Erdrick and I wouldn't hate having him included.

The Resident Evil characters are interesting enough that I'll check them out.

Banjo is the only one that I'm hyped for.

Last edited:

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman

View attachment 225136
I don’t hate any of these choices I guess (Steve and Sans are the only oft-requested characters that would actually anger/sadden me to the point that I’d rather NO character get in than they get in) but it doesn’t make sense to me.

I mean, the Google Theory lineup is waaay less obvious... which is why I think it’s more likely. Reggie and others were big on saying this fighter pass would be WILD and UNEXPECTED. Joker and Banjo aside, these picks are the definition of vanilla.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

View attachment 225136

Okay come on, Sal has his own website, he’d post **** there over 4chan. That’s obviously not Sal and the update number was wrong too.

Top Bottom