• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
One game I kind of expect too see from MS at E3 is the new Battletoads game announced last year. Interested to see what they do with that.

hopefully it will be hard, but not AS ridiculously hard as the NES game. That game was a pain in the *** even using
I really can't believe that game was only announced last year. I thought it has been several years by now.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Fingers crossed Rare isnt touching Banjo. The dream is that they give the IP to a studio like Retro...

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Why are we even considering a 4chan leak again? This guy’s “claim to fame” is apparently being the Gematsu leaker. Okay? Any corroborating evidence here? Oh, he said that’s who he was. Makes sense. It’s him alright.

I mean, who would ever lie about something on the internet of all places? I can’t even begin to believe something as ridiculous as that.

In all seriousness, I see absolutely no reason to even discuss it. There’s nothing more compelling about this one than others we’ve seen.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Why are we even considering a 4chan leak again? This guy’s “claim to fame” is apparently being the Gematsu leaker. Okay? Any corroborating evidence here? Oh, he said that’s who he was. Makes sense. It’s him alright.

I mean, who would ever lie about something on the internet of all places? I can’t even begin to believe something as ridiculous as that.

In all seriousness, I see absolutely no reason to even discuss it. There’s nothing more compelling about this one than others we’ve seen.
I'll be honest, I am wondering why we are even discussing this as well.

Sponge

Smash Journeyman
Fingers crossed Rare isnt touching Banjo. The dream is that they give the IP to a studio like Retro...
Yep. I do not want Banjo by modern Rare, despite Gregg Mayles still being there. Keep in mind Gregg's the one that made Nuts & Bolts. Then there's people like Craig Duncan running the studio. Yeesh.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Because it's been really slow and there's nothing else to talk about since Google Theory is at a standstill
Yeah, there is that, but a leak from 4Chan? I mean, some leaks from there have been right, but still, that site is not trustworthy.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master

I think it's because he got the update day right. Even though he got the version number wrong. Which is what I was really wondering about since he only posted it several days ago. The version number would have been known for awhile internally.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

Microsofts E3 is looking packed
I mean there's less room for new 1st Party stuff than you probably think. Forza, Halo, Gears, Sea of Thieves already kill of those 14. Then you've got stuff like Fable 4....

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
What good does increasing the roster size do if they mostly play the same? It's just redundant to have them if they offer nothing new. I could understand Roy because his attacks are stronger at the hilt but Lucina and Chrom offer nothing unique. Lucina is just Marth without a tipper and Chrom is Roy without the hilt.

I have no problem with Ness and Lucas or Fox and Falco because they have enough difference from each other to make them unique. However I do have the same problem with Pit and Dark Pit as Dark Pit again offers nothing unique.
Ask Sakurai that as since the very first Smash game he's artificially added fighters based on other fighters for a higher roster count. That was the whole concept behind echoes. And Toon Link has just as many differences so if you count him then you gotta count Lucas and Falco.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'll be honest, I am wondering why we are even discussing this as well.
Because we are desparate for news and we try to find anything under the sun to keep the disscussion going no matter how unlikely.

I mean this is better than Banjo vs Steve fights.

SKX31

Smash Master
What good does increasing the roster size do if they mostly play the same? It's just redundant to have them if they offer nothing new. I could understand Roy because his attacks are stronger at the hilt but Lucina and Chrom offer nothing unique. Lucina is just Marth without a tipper and Chrom is Roy without the hilt.

I have no problem with Ness and Lucas or Fox and Falco because they have enough difference from each other to make them unique. However I do have the same problem with Pit and Dark Pit as Dark Pit again offers nothing unique.
While I do agree on principle, Smash is far from the only fighting game that has similar or even clone characters. Or have them play slightly differently, thus getting very different reactions from pros or competitive players but not from casuals. Ryu and Ken are prime examples in their own series before SF3ish at least. Or Mortal Kombat's seemingly endless stream of ninjas.

Also, there's the competitive aspect of "Slight differences = big differences in playstyle". Of course, not going to affect how you play Smash that much, but I think it's worth keeping in mind when playing online. For example, :ultmarth: mains are often looking to dance, space and land those tippers. :ultlucina: aims to instead keep a solid pressure game and remind you that she's always ready to go aggro on you. :ultroy: not only wants to keep you close and comfy for those hugs of doom - but also has ridicolous follow up damage. :ultchrom: might be the most gimpable of the bunch, but he'll want you on the edge. He kills the fastest out of the four. And not just those lulzy Aether kills either.

I know, it's not going to magically solve the "samey characters" problem, but it can be worth keeping an eye out for.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To be honest i would prefer Yuri Lowell over Lloyd due to personal attachtment, but Lloyd is like the only Tales character people know he exists.

Everybody else is meh really. I just want Banjo so i can have at least one DLC character that looks interesing to me.

God forbid we don't add another human with spiky hair, a cape, a ludicrous sword, and 700 zippers to Smash Bros: a game celebrating unique character design
I thought they discormfirmed Sora though?

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I don't think it's unreasonable to want every character to have different moves, regardless of playstyle. Look at Brawl: it bothered to give Falco, Wolf, Lucas, and its other "clone" characters a wealth of totally unique moves with unique animations as well as different properties. If Wolf or Lucas had debuted in Ultimate, they'd definitely be echoes.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I don't think it's unreasonable to want every character to have different moves, regardless of playstyle. Look at Brawl: it bothered to give Falco, Wolf, Lucas, and its other "clone" characters a wealth of totally unique moves with unique animations as well as different properties. If Wolf or Lucas had debuted in Ultimate, they'd definitely be echoes.
That's true but also that takes more time. The reasoning behind echoes is spend as much time on unique characters and then if there's extra time give the equivalent of an alternate costume a space on the CSS to look like there's more characters. Let's more people play as some other characters and keeps time for truly unique additions high.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
For me its not even the moveset. Aesthetically, theyre all so similar and boring additions to the roster. Give us something fresh (like piranha plant)

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
I’m actually (kind of) in the belief Now that the Google Theory could be legit, only if Artorias and Banjo-Kazooie are announced at E3. Only because of a (Rumored) Leak suggesting that Artorias The Abysswalker is the 2nd Fighter Pass Character announced.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
Because we are desparate for news and we try to find anything under the sun to keep the disscussion going no matter how unlikely.

As Banjo-Kazooie fan In all honesty it's pretty funny seeing both sides go at it and this video pretty much sums up the fight against the 2.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
I’m actually (kind of) in the belief Now that the Google Theory could be legit, only if Artorias and Banjo-Kazooie are announced at E3. Only because of a (Rumored) Leak suggesting that Artorias The Abysswalker is the 2nd Fighter Pass Character announced.
id love nothing more than for it to be true. but..... no way

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Google Theory is definitely the most believable leak we have so far. Given the iffy, ambiguously legal things that'd have to be done in order to fake it, I'd say it's more believable than the Grinch leak.

I think we should probably take 4chan leaks at least a little bit more seriously, though. Yeah, 99% of them are just some dumbass prankster looking for fifteen seconds of fame, but several legitimate leaks have come from there, too.

Leotsune

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Leotsune
For me its not even the moveset. Aesthetically, theyre all so similar and boring additions to the roster. Give us something fresh (like piranha plant)
After seeing how Joker ended up, I'm worried about the "freshness" of the rest of the characters.
I love Joker, but his moveset feels a bit uninspired, I don't like the rebellion gauge, I know they tried to make the character work
for the game by doing that, but there was so much more they could've done.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
What makes you think that?
the odds are ludicrous. i think Google theory has a jawdropping lineup, but i dont see Artorias getting added (but i want him to very bad)

After seeing how Joker ended up, I'm worried about the "freshness" of the rest of the characters.
I love Joker, but his moveset feels a bit uninspired, I don't like the rebellion gauge, I know they tried to make the character work
for the game by doing that, but there was so much more they could've done.
i actually like joker, but agree that we need something fresh.

Quidohmi

Smash Apprentice
As Banjo-Kazooie fan In all honesty it's pretty funny seeing both sides go at it.
I am against Steve AND Villager being in Smash because they aren't really 'characters' with defined traits. They're Avatars. Isabelle definitely deserves a spot but I wouldn't mind Villager being replaced with Tom Nook or something, tbqh.

TAnimal

Smash Journeyman
the odds are ludicrous. i think Google theory has a jawdropping lineup, but i dont see Artorias getting added (but i want him to very bad)
I don’t see any evidence against since The only people qualified to even add these schematics into the Google Algorithm are the Smash Team themselves since You would need authorization to put in these characters names and that is not possible for a Rando(m) to even put these names in.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don’t see any evidence against since The only people qualified to even add these schematics into the Google Algorithm are the Smash Team themselves since You would need authorization to put in these characters names and that is not possible for a Rando(m) to even put these names in.
I'm not sure there's any proof of that. It is possible for someone to make an ad for someone else's site.

However, it could be a troll, it could be Google messing up like the EA ad linking to the Smash website, or it could be real; who knows.

Last edited:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
I am against Steve AND Villager being in Smash because they aren't really 'characters' with defined traits. They're Avatars. Isabelle definitely deserves a spot but I wouldn't mind Villager being replaced with Tom Nook or something, tbqh.
Honestly, the epic memery that came of Villager's announcement make him totally worth it, imho.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone remind me on Brave's stats and how they relate to Banjo? I remember there was something like the character coming to a sliding stop when they dash.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
As Banjo-Kazooie fan In all honesty it's pretty funny seeing both sides go at it and this video pretty much sums up the fight against the 2.
You reminded me, I really want to make an unbias video chronicling the 'story' of the rivalry between Banjo and Steve; because I find it fascinating and how this is the first legit 'rivalry' between two characters we've had in Smash

Can anyone remind me on Brave's stats and how they relate to Banjo? I remember there was something like the character coming to a sliding stop when they dash.
Yes! In fact I made a video comparison!

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
My problem with joker is that I didn't feel like I was playing a new character. His whole move set is stolen from other characters and his animations are incredibly similar to others are well.

GenoFlash

Smash Journeyman
You reminded me, I really want to make an unbias video chronicling the 'story' of the rivalry between Banjo and Steve; because I find it fascinating and how this is the first legit 'rivalry' between two characters we've had in Smash

Thanks. I know the stats are subject to change but it is interesting that Brave has one of Banjo's animations.

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord

The funny thing about the origin of the rivalry between Banjo-Kazooie vs Steve is that this war wouldn't have happened if Microsoft didn't bought out Rareware and Mojang.

Now that they are owned by the same parent company and Microsoft is collabarating with Nintendo both sides are going at each others throats for a roster spot in Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Imagine if e3 rolls around and there's no smash announcement at all. No character reveal, no new modes, no update at all. Nothing.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Dataminers will get on this. Unfortunately the one guy who was usually on top of this turned out to be a creep so he's not around anymore; so it might take a little longer

Here's hoping Nintendo accidentally leaves in victory music again!
Yeah, which also means I can't find the datamine stats to make comparisons

Again, Erdrick at E3 is just dumb. Its a disservice to his actual majority fanbase who won't even be able to watch the event live as it will be 2AM in Japan.

So it will be yawns all around: from the East due to lack of sleep and from the West due to lack of interest.

And then to have a Banjo reveal after that with Microsoft there to help hype it? Might as well have Erdrick's reveal trailer be a crayon scrawled half piece paper crudely announcing him while misspelling his name if want to ruin his hype. Erdrick will have so many things stacked against him, almost as bad as Corrin's reveal (one of the last characters, yet another FE, his game not being released internationally yet, the only 1st party newcomer and following CLOUD of all people? Its like Nintendo wanted Corrin to fall flat on his face).
Then again, Nintendo is no stranger to dumbass marketing decisions and someone pointed out that Smash stuff tends to be more front loaded rather than back loaded

It's why I'm sick of GameFAQs (that, and the place is a cesspool)

That and the people who were trying to disprove the whole thing were doing so in shaky ways so there's only three conclusions to this whole thing; either someone ****ed up, Google algorithms is being weird, or someone spent a lot of money on a stupid stunt.

Last edited:

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Warned for trolling
I think Steve has been deconfirmed for awhile now and for some reason the fanbase chooses to neglect that fact (maybe cause the fanbase is like, 14 and lower). I see E3 as either Banjo or Chief's time to shine

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
From what many people have said, anybody with the money can do it, particularly since it's only specific search terms in a specific region where it works--and when I put in the URL, it went to a broken link. I put it in the technically possible but certainly not plausible category--I'd be shocked if it turned out to be true. It also has the whiff of a fake--don't include the one character everyone's talking about to cause intense debate, like Incineroar not being in the Grinch banner.

My problem with joker is that I didn't feel like I was playing a new character. His whole move set is stolen from other characters and his animations are incredibly similar to others are well.
I agree, and was one of the reasons I was worried about Banjo & Kazooie being DLC (if they even are)--there's so much put in the base roster, while the DLC comes across as not as substantial, probably due with the difference in budget/time. Not getting their own cinematics (that we know of and expect, but of course we'd have to wait until #2 to find out), not as many stuff associated with the characters. As well as the fact most people will only play the base characters and is the time where everyone's talking about it--only a fraction get the DLC. At the very least, they're in the banner, and have Mii costumes coming with them.

TheHeartbreakKid

Smash Journeyman
I agree, and was one of the reasons I was worried about Banjo & Kazooie being DLC (if they even are)--there's so much put in the base roster, while the DLC comes across as not as substantial, probably due with the difference in budget/time. Not getting their own cinematics (that we know of and expect, but of course we'd have to wait until #2 to find out), not as many stuff associated with the characters. As well as the fact most people will only play the base characters and is the time where everyone's talking about it--only a fraction get the DLC. At the very least, they're in the banner, and have Mii costumes coming with them.
Tbh, I don’t blame you at all based on how Joker came out, but that’s one of the reasons Banjo is such an appealing choice:

I can’t imagine HOW you’d make a faithful move set for Banjo that would feel derivative.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Tbh, I don’t blame you at all based on how Joker came out, but that’s one of the reasons Banjo is such an appealing choice:

I can’t imagine HOW you’d make a faithful move set for Banjo that would feel derivative.
AT MOST they steal Pit's up B and Yoshi's up B

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Does anyone have video of Brave's floaty jump? Because Banjo and Kazooie's Feathery Flap has a very distinct rhythm: quick rise, split-second pause, slow rise, drop like a rock. If Brave has something like that, then I'd feel pretty confident claiming Brave is Banjo.

EDIT: Unrelated, but a cool move idea for Banjo and Kazooie would be Snooze Pack, which renders them totally immobile for a short time but recovers damage. Nobody else has something like that. Not even Jigglypuff.

I'm afraid of ANOTHER counter except this time with a Golden Feather skin. I'm soooo tired of counters. K Rool seriously didn't need one.
K. Rool didn't need a counter but I honestly liked his a lot. It reminds me of Chuck Rock's gut attack.

Last edited:
Top Bottom