• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I think somebody'll post the datamine right away if it comes up?
It's probably gonna be a night of the :ultgreninja: when the datamine happens.

Though I honestly doubt Nintendo would re-add Brave at this point with no announcement but this is Nintendo so...

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It's probably gonna be a night of the :ultgreninja: when the datamine happens.

Though I honestly doubt Nintendo would re-add Brave at this point with no announcement but this is Nintendo so...
Jokers stage was found in a bunch of junk files. Things always slip through the cracks.

yeet123

Banned via Warnings
Erdrick shadowdrop and Banjo reveal. Thatll give Erdrick a little hype and obv banjo will steal the show at the end. Calling it now.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
We don't have a problem with Steve fans because they're young. Our problem is that they constantly crap on Banjo and his fans. They have very little knowledge of anything that happened in this fandom before they were born and seem almost proud of their ignorance. Sometimes they even flaunt it because they know it annoys us.

And on top of that... Minecraft would be a stain on Smash anyway because it was created by a white supremacist. I know a lot of people don't hold that against it because he doesn't profit from the game anymore and also Microsoft/Mojang have basically un-personed him, but I personally think it would be very nasty to see a "character" with that kind of history bumping shoulders with Mario and Pikachu.
The guys who crap on Banjo fans are just immature trolls or emotional children and seem like a minority; and if they're very young, I don't see why y'all should care. I've seen people do the same dang thing to Steve fans anyway, even when someone's being polite.

As for Notch, I personally don't think it matters. He stopped working on Minecraft even before he left Mojang, and this stuff was never known about him until, what, last year? Earlier this year? I don't really know, but it was definitely long after he left. His views are very bad, but he has no barring on Minecraft anymore and the game is one everyone could enjoy.

Kind of like how they call us old people or "Boomers"?

You can pretty much say that for any fanbase, fanbases are going to have both young and older fans, But some are more obvious and more overwhelming than the otherside, Banjo-Kazooie (1998) is an older franchise from the N64 era (1996-2001) so naturally that "Most" fans that grew up with the series are going to likely be around Mid 20's - Early 30's.

Minecraft (2009) has only been around a decade so most of the fans that grew up with it are likely in their mid to late teens.

I always see people and gamers around my age range (Kids too) wearing Nintendo and Pokemon (Same era) merchandise and are more vocal about it, But I honestly never have seen anyone my age range wearing Minecraft merchandise in public, I always see it with kids or preteens, Sure their going to have older fans ,But their not as obvious or vocal about it as much as it's target audience (Kids), In the future when they get older you probably will.
There's a large amount of older Minecraft fans as well, though, some being around since the game's first early-development versions. And I don't see why it matters what they're wearing, what I see people wearing is usually just clothing like Underarmor or Nike, but other people around my age and older in the high school I went to liked Minecraft as well, but that doesn't even matter as we don't know how it is everywhere.

And yeah, there are immature fans, but even pre-teens and other people around that age-range can be mature, and I don't see why it's a good reason to be against something because of bad eggs in its fanbase. It's like those people who pick on Geno, Shantae, Isaac, Undertale, etc. fans for the fans that go too far, and then start bashing people who aren't even acting like them. I grew up with both Banjo-Kazooie along with Nintendo's big franchises and Pac-Man and whatever, and starting in 2011 when I was 11, with Minecraft as well.

Last edited:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Hold onto your butts, lads

There was a problem fetching the tweet
While neat, if it's only going to be one day in advance I'd almost rather just wait. I mean I'm basically already at the finish line at that point. And I generally don't even care about spoilers.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

To me, finding out what's in it a day before is as meaningful as not finding out at all before the Direct--at that point, I can just wait to watch the Direct, and I'll avoid all spoilers the day before.

I'm keeping my eyes peeled now for potential Banjo rumors/leaks/deconfirmation so I don't have to wait weeks, months to find out. :chuckle:

As for the rumors posted--the only believable one is the one who rumored Fire Piranha Plant, but not much since it's just speculation in regards to Banjo and Smash. Also depends on the timing. With the other one, timing is important, but also the issue is some people can guess right/know something and make the rest up. It's certainly not believable that they'd announce and release two characters around the same time, which puts that in the trash bin for me.

Swop

Smash Journeyman
NNID
STOPNSWOP
3DS FC
4210-4035-7088
Switch FC
SW 1091 0071 7555
oh god, the Hype is coming back, I'm trying to hype responsibly but for Banjo its all or nothing man

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
This is why Sabi will be the person to watch, and they're about the only "leaker" I trust anymore. Has he said anything more concrete on Banjo recently?
She has stayed pretty neutral on him. Same with Rare Replay. She says she hears a lot but doesn't want to go all in just yet. Which I don't blame her.

A leaker we somehow all hate is starting to become iffy about mc/steve
To be fair, he never claimed Steve was happening in the first place. He just acknowledged that it could happen. Which he still is. The only difference is now he’s saying it’s likely Steve could’ve potentially been leakbait

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
A leaker we somehow all hate is starting to become iffy about mc/steve
He's iffy about Steve but he doesn't seem to say anything that makes him seem iffy on Minecraft content in general; I guess you could interpret that from the last bit of info in his post, but he doesn't actually say anything that makes it seem like he's not sure about his source.

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
It is extremely safe to assume that if Banjo gets in. There is going to be some sort of Minecraft content. May it be Mii costumes or spirits. Nintendo loves Minecraft and I don't think they would pass up on representing it in smash in some form.

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm still skeptical about "Minecraft content" which could very well be leakbait, but it's entirely possible that we could get a Steve costume if Banjo or another Microsoft rep gets in. I think Steve is much more realizable as a costume than a fighter considering he's just a player avatar character. Even Verge is walking back on him.

This
View attachment 225259

It doesn't mean much for us since this person doesn't know the DLC and is only speculating Banjo
Not sure if it's been mentioned here yet, but another point in this leak's favor is that it's been heavily rumored that Cadence of Hyrule will be releasing June 20. This is a pretty solid leak and hopefully this leaker stays in contact with papagenos papagenos .

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1133732039952257024

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The Geno thread is talking about master chief. Could it be possible the guy on Twitter was lying?
Possible, but I think the official Halo twitter expressed liking Halo for Smash not too long ago, similar to the Cuphead devs.

They could be acting, too, but they weren't even being asked directly, just replying to a poll/small "ballot" thing some guy posted where he just asked which characters people want, and I don't think he even tagged their twitter. Why not just stay silent if he's in, and no one actually asked directly?

Last edited:

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
Possible, but I think the official Halo twitter expressed liking Halo for Smash not too long ago, similar to the Cuphead devs.

They could be acting, too, but they weren't even being asked directly, just replying to a poll/small "ballot" thing some guy posted where he just asked which characters people want, and I don't think he even tagged their twitter. Why not just stay silent if he's in, and no one actually asked directly?
I have to say though. Just saying you want your character in smash is not a yes or no. Master Chief can be in and the halo Twitter can still say they want him in. It's not like your character getting in suddenly changes your opinion that you want your character in smash.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I still have confidence that the final DLC line up will be Erdrick, Banjo, Hayabusa, and Doom Slayer.

The former 2 because of how they've been almost synonymous with each other since E3 leaks began surfacing. The latter two because of the amount of leaks, legit or not, they've cropped up in since even before Joker was announced. Plop that on top of every one of them having a significant connection with not only Nintendo but Gaming History in general and I'm willing to say that my guesses are ACTUALLY safe-ish.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Its time. Get on this hill with me!

Also, a day in advance is sort...ehh? What is the point of that? Now if it was within the next day of her message....That would be something.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I have to say though. Just saying you want your character in smash is not a yes or no. Master Chief can be in and the halo Twitter can still say they want him in. It's not like your character getting in suddenly changes your opinion that you want your character in smash.
In addition to that, with something that top secret, probably only those directly involved actually know, not the one who handles their Twitter account. When a top person, or those who would be involved with the negotiations speak out, it's much more significant, but there's always the possibility that they're lying. People have lied in the past with their involvement in Smash.

As for Verge, he was always iffy on Steve--he always said Minecraft content, and still does. If anything, he's been more open talking about Steve, and even gives the impression he thinks he's probably in; almost every scenario he speculates about includes Steve being a fighter pass character. But it would be erroneous to mix his rumors with his speculations, and discount him for being wrong with the latter.

Shawksta

Smash Apprentice
Is Sabi really gonna act like they possibly know everything about Nintendo's E3 a day before?
That's never a good sign, leakers never actually do and always get things mixed or not everything.
Just in case im keeping my distance, E3 is right around the corner and i would rather be surprised

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Gosh I was still on page 492 and now we're all the way at page 495-496. I suppose this is what happens when you're living in BST time zone like I am.

Toon Link has just as many differences so if you count him then you gotta count Lucas and Falco.
Toon Link, unlike Lucas and Falco is the same character as the character he clones from. Toon Link has a boomerang that acts the same as Young Link, Toon Link has Bombs that act the same as Young Link, Toon Link has a Spin Attack that functions identically to Young Link. I cannot count Lucas since he has an entirely different moveset from Ness with even his similar moves acting different from each other.

While I do agree on principle, Smash is far from the only fighting game that has similar or even clone characters. Or have them play slightly differently, thus getting very different reactions from pros or competitive players but not from casuals. Ryu and Ken are prime examples in their own series before SF3ish at least. Or Mortal Kombat's seemingly endless stream of ninjas.

Also, there's the competitive aspect of "Slight differences = big differences in playstyle". Of course, not going to affect how you play Smash that much, but I think it's worth keeping in mind when playing online. For example, :ultmarth: mains are often looking to dance, space and land those tippers. :ultlucina: aims to instead keep a solid pressure game and remind you that she's always ready to go aggro on you. :ultroy: not only wants to keep you close and comfy for those hugs of doom - but also has ridicolous follow up damage. :ultchrom: might be the most gimpable of the bunch, but he'll want you on the edge. He kills the fastest out of the four. And not just those lulzy Aether kills either.

I know, it's not going to magically solve the "samey characters" problem, but it can be worth keeping an eye out for.
I can get behind this from a competitive standpoint but still, if they act similarly to each other then what's the point?

From what many people have said, anybody with the money can do it, particularly since it's only specific search terms in a specific region where it works--and when I put in the URL, it went to a broken link. I put it in the technically possible but certainly not plausible category--I'd be shocked if it turned out to be true. It also has the whiff of a fake--don't include the one character everyone's talking about to cause intense debate, like Incineroar not being in the Grinch banner.
The problem is, most people who tried to disprove the Google theory linked their ads to the Amazon website and not the Smash Ultimate website. If it was cheap and easy to fake it as they said it was, they would have no problem linking their keywords onto the Smash Ultimate website but I've yet to see anyone do this.

Yeah, I'm just going to be expecting the worst from here on out.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
The problem is, most people who tried to disprove the Google theory linked their ads to the Amazon website and not the Smash Ultimate website. If it was cheap and easy to fake it as they said it was, they would have no problem linking their keywords onto the Smash Ultimate website but I've yet to see anyone do this.
Seriously, if it's as easy as they say it is, why don't they try it this way instead of linking to Amazon unless they legitimately can't do it.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
This.

There is also this, but it may be unrelated.

Don't know if it was announced any earlier but Just Shovels and Knights was in the Japanese Indie World video that just went up.

EDIT: And Cadence of Hyrule is confirmed for June in the same video.

Last edited:
Top Bottom