• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Banjo-Kazooie Social Thread - Project Dream Come True!

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Here's another thing about her tweets. Could this mean Steve isn't going to be in smash AT ALL? I always figured if banjo got in as a fighter, then Steve would get a costume, spirit or something.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Well at least I'll feel better knowing the developers would probably like Steve since a dev of the Switch version would;the Java devs seem cool, with Jens and probably a few others working on the game even before Microsoft bought them, and they tend to have a humorous side even making April Fools updates every year (they've only missed one year to my knowledge, which they may have still done some April Fools online, but 4-1 isn't the only time they act a bit goofy).

Here's another thing about her tweets. Could this mean Steve isn't going to be in smash AT ALL? I always figured if banjo got in as a fighter, then Steve would get a costume, spirit or something.
Sadly yes, at least I assume so; Way Forward wouldn't say anything about Shantae in Smash even when replying to tweets asking about her in other games, and she got a spirit, so I'd assume NDAs would be similar for other companies.

Last edited:

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
My bet has ALWAYS been creeper AT and maybe some type of customization for Stage builder with minecraft looks. After all, the real icons of that game are: the world and its creatures, creeper being the literal marketing face of it.

D

Deleted member

My bet has ALWAYS been creeper AT and maybe some type of customization for Stage builder with minecraft looks. After all, the real icons of that game are: the world and its creatures, creeper being the literal marketing face of it.
At this point I can agree with you that I’m also betting it’s part of stage builder plus a mii costume

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
For me the worst part, altho not a surprise because of the site im going to mention… was 4chan and its thousands of threads with that ugly *** model just to shut down Banjo fans, it got old a long time ago and it still doesn't stop. But again… what did I expect from a place like that, lol. It certainly didn't lower my hype and support at any moment anyway, it's just as tiring to see as hearing a joke that wasn't funny to begin with being milked to the core of the earth.
I feel bad for the real fans of Steve but damn the trolls are quite many and surely puts anyone else in a feel of … repel, against the chances to meet yet another one when discussion and speculation sprouts. I just want it to be over at this point, just like I want the Square list situation to be over with Erdrick being the other bunch of trolls posting memes to shut down any other speculated character. It's just sad how dificult is to find proper amount of people and places with open and objective minds without malice against others.
That's the inherent problem with complete anonymity on a site like 4chan. It becomes incredibly easy to just rile up others and, in general, be a terrible person with virtually no drawbacks.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I would wholeheartedly support a Minecraft stage builder. The theming of smash stage builders in the past was really boring. Make it Minecraft themed with Minecraft mechanics and you have my attention

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Let's not celebrate yet (I'd say not celebrate until if/when officially revealed). At this point, anything can happen. Steve can get in, Banjo doesn't. Both get in. Banjo gets in, Steve doesn't. No Microsoft character at all. We have to consider every possibility. And personally, I don't consider her tweets a deconfirmation.

Is anyone that truly anal about select screen aesthetics matching their own personal definition of what constitutes an echo? Because that just seems incredibly petty...most egregiously with the Star Fox cast, especially Wolf this time around.
I'll be honest about being a complete control freak when it comes to personalizing my roster. I was so happy I could unlock characters in any order this time, and so only unlocked the characters I found to be truly unique, making a perfect box (I think I was at 55 characters). Then my friend went against my wishes and got Piranha Plant, just to play around with it not wanting to keep it, but I was worried I wouldn't be able to get rid of it. And yep--it's permanent now, after deleting/reinstalling the game, deleting my saves. While I couldn't get my perfect roster (with Banjo), the least I could do is make my idealized roster by picking the gems. And now no longer. But I know I'm in the super minority on that.

Hey guys I’m starting to notice the steve fans on Twitter are going all out like wild dogs after what just happened. They’re even hunting down who mentions the tweet Aubrey made
It’s funny, after Playtonic came out and said they weren’t making a new Banjo game after that whole rumor about it, they were like “Ha! Banjo is dead! Banjo in Smash ain’t happening! LOL!”
And now when this Minecraft-associated person comes out against Steve, now it’s “she’s a nobody! She’s a literal who! She was only joking! She wouldn’t know anything about Smash!”
The hypocrisy is priceless

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It’s funny, after Playtonic came out and said they weren’t making a new Banjo game after that whole rumor about it, they were like “Ha! Banjo is dead! Banjo in Smash ain’t happening! LOL!”
And now when this Minecraft-associated person comes out against Steve, now it’s “she’s a nobody! She’s a literal who! She was only joking! She wouldn’t know anything about Smash!”
The hypocrisy is priceless
I never understood the Playtonic thing. They have nothing to do with securing Banjo's rights. Mayles didn't even get notified that K. Rool was in Smash.

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
For me the worst part, altho not a surprise because of the site im going to mention… was 4chan and its thousands of threads with that ugly *** model just to shut down Banjo fans, it got old a long time ago and it still doesn't stop. But again… what did I expect from a place like that, lol. It certainly didn't lower my hype and support at any moment anyway, it's just as tiring to see as hearing a joke that wasn't funny to begin with being milked to the core of the earth.
I feel bad for the real fans of Steve but damn the trolls are quite many and surely puts anyone else in a feel of … repel, against the chances to meet yet another one when discussion and speculation sprouts. I just want it to be over at this point, just like I want the Square list situation to be over with Erdrick being the other bunch of trolls posting memes to shut down any other speculated character. It's just sad how dificult is to find proper amount of people and places with open and objective minds without malice against others.
I think the reason these trolls flocked to Steve is because of multiple reasons.
1. Steve being such a bizarre figure would no doubt spark criticism. Trolls are impervious to criticism because their disingenuous nature makes them a living strawman, aka someone who cannot be reasoned with.
2. With how Popular Minecraft is, they latch onto that fact under their shallow assumptions of Nintendo's marketing strategy. No one can truly predict Nintendo and Sakurai, yet these buffoons act like they have masters degrees in Business.
3. It doesn't help that both ugly Steve and smug Edrick have tons of ****-posting material filled with Strawman arguments to draw ire from others. Steve Trolls and Edrick trolls are basically the same people.
4. Banjo is a popular pick with Phil Spencer's support, therefore the trolls wish to ruin any sence of hype with their disingenuous comments. Banjo-kazooie is essentially the sole survivors of the November direct and the Grinch Leak aside from Ken.

This does not apply to all that doubt the Bear and Bird, but it does explain why so many haters flock to Steve and Edrick.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Banjo vs. Steve reminds me of any given conflict where despite there being numbers of honest and respectable belligerents both sides are nonetheless filled with their share of ****-flinging and rather contemptible characters and actions. Then eventually one will win and history will get scrubbed to make it seem like only one side was full of buttheads.

War never changes.

I never really followed Vergeben much in regard to what he said specifically, but the one thing that always stood out to me about his supposed leaks is how blatantly wrong he was about the DBFZ roster, most notably (now BOTH seasons of) DLC.

He promised people that Android 21 wouldn’t be playable (she is), and that Zarbon and Radditz would be on the base roster (they weren’t), then he said they’d be DLC (also no), and then he said DLC S2 would consist of Radditz, Zarbon, Cappa, Kale+Cauliffla, Ultra Instinct Goku, Jiren, Toppo, and Videl (note it’s 8 characters), when we NOW know the S2 DLC is: Videl, Jiren, SSBlue Gogeta, Broly from the new movie, Kid Goku from GT, and a still intevealed character many people are speculating is Janemba.

Now, aside from how spectacularly he botched his predictions for DLC, it should be noted, he got a couple off the wall picks right, most notably Videl. Bear in mind that BAMCO is handling both Smash, and DBFZ, and the fact that Vergeben also had supposed insider info on Soul Calibur and Tekken 7 (also BAMCO) abd it shouldn’t be hard to figure out where he’s supposedly getting his info from.

Whatever the case might be, Vergeben has a track record of getting stuff wrong, just as often as he gets it right, and we shouldn’t make a disparity for Smash, just cause it’s Smash, if it’a a Bamco leak, it’s a Bamco leak, and should be looked at as such.

In my opinion, I’d say take whatever Vergeben says with a massive grain of salt, regardless of where he might get his other leaks from, the only ones that seem to hold up somewhat are the ones coming from Bamco, but he has a nasty habit of jumping on info or speculation, and mixing it in with his leaks in order to remain relevant, which to me, makes him not credible, as you don’t ever really know what he’s right about until after the fact.
I'll just reiterate what I said last time we spoke about Verg I guess, because I still stand by most of it:
N3ON said:
ManlySpirit said:
I personally don't understand why people put so much weight on Verg's credibility in the first place, considering how badly he botched the predictions for DBFZ, I was there during all the speculation for that, AND the DLC. Vergeben's "leaks" were brought up time and again, yet Radditz and Zarbon never showed up. And Android 21 did indeed become playable. And this isn't a case of something that can be brushed aside as "they're delayed for later DLC" when team behind the game is small and strapped for time to meet dedlines. If the characters were finished or planned, they would have launched with the game like Vergeben said they would. Yet, now he's saying they're FOR sure gonna be season 2, alongside SS4 Goku, Jiren, Gogeta, and Ultra Instinct Goku. Despite that most people have caught onto the fact that the DBFZ DLC sets all come with a certain theme attached to them.

I have zero reason to believe a single word Vergeben says.
Because he seemingly employs different sources and a stronger vetting system for Smash leaks than he does elsewhere. For Smash, not since getting things right has he gotten them wrong. It's because his method for leaking Smash is more akin to professional procedure whereby you obtain multiple unrelated testimonies to verify a claim before you move forward with publishing it. Whereas his method with non-Smash stuff is more haphazard, presumably because there's less fervour surrounding that stuff, and I guess less at stake, reputation-wise. I don't know. It does hurt his reputation nonetheless to be wrong about that other stuff, clearly, and I would employ the same level of diligence to all his claims if I were him, even if that means making fewer of them. But it doesn't negate him being right about Smash.

But as with Emily and any leaker, never have I advocated putting immutable faith in any unsubstantiated claim. He also still comes off smug as a bug in a rug and regularly gets baited by GameFAQs into defending his honour like a twelve-year-old. Which can be off-putting.

Having this conversation is funny though because I also remember arguing with you towards Gematsu's validity after the fact as well.

D

Deleted member

Banjo vs. Steve reminds me of any given conflict where despite there being numbers of honest and respectable belligerents both sides are nonetheless filled with their share of ****-flinging and rather contemptible characters and actions. Then eventually one will win and history will get scrubbed to make it seem like only one side was full of buttheads.

War never changes.

I'll just reiterate what I said last time we spoke about Verg I guess, because I still stand by most of it:
Oh yeah, I forgot you studied journalism.

How do you know how Verg handles his process though. I personally don’t follow him, so I’m not aware what he’s like directly.

The Banjo vs. Steve thing on 4chan, from what I understand, is a discord group of dedicated ****posters who just wanna start ****. Not to point any fingers at any particular fanbase, but I do know that one of them admitted to being a Bandanna Dee fan, and just being salty. I imagine a lot are just people upset their favorite didn’t get in, and wanna continue the ruse cruise. Iirc, last game it was Sans who was the posterchild of ****posting.

Whatever the case might be, the Banjo vs. Steve debate gets instantly shut down the moment you consider that Phil Spencer himself wants Banjo in Smash, meaning, IF a Microsoft character gets in, it’ll more than likely be Banjo, it’s nearly guaranteed to be Banjo in fact. But that’s IF we get a MS character.

One final thing to note, though it’s anecdotal evidence, in my experience, Banjo’s fairly popular in Japan. Most people I talk to lose their minds when I mention the possibility, and many get nostalgic over the idea. Just something to keep in mind, Banjo’s not a west only character, he’s fairly well recognized among the Smash fanbase over here.

Edit: sorry, double post. On phone, couldn’t fix,

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Oh yeah, I forgot you studied journalism.

How do you know how Verg handles his process though. I personally don’t follow him, so I’m not aware what he’s like directly.
He's explained that he usually sits on information until he can get it corroborated by other sources (when it comes to Smash). I haven't closely followed his non-Smash claims in a while, so he might have changed things (though given his most recent claims, it seems unlikely), but when it's non-Smash, he just relays information typically from a sole source. He's volunteered as much. Like I said, I think this inconsistent vetting process is fundamentally flawed, and has resulted in his reputation becoming jeopardized. It ballooned as people focused on the claims he proliferated under his effective vetting procedure, and then when he fell back on claims outside Smash, which have always been shaky at best, his errant original method, which, inexplicably, he never changed, came to the forefront under his new wider following.

However, his track record both with Smash and outside of Smash, is still pretty much the same as its always been.

Last edited:

Mr. Stagg

Ay ugly! Gimme back my friggen sister!
The Banjo vs. Steve thing on 4chan, from what I understand, is a discord group of dedicated ****posters who just wanna start ****. Not to point any fingers at any particular fanbase, but I do know that one of them admitted to being a Bandanna Dee fan, and just being salty. I imagine a lot are just people upset their favorite didn’t get in, and wanna continue the ruse cruise. Iirc, last game it was Sans who was the posterchild of ****posting.

Whatever the case might be, the Banjo vs. Steve debate gets instantly shut down the moment you consider that Phil Spencer himself wants Banjo in Smash, meaning, IF a Microsoft character gets in, it’ll more than likely be Banjo, it’s nearly guaranteed to be Banjo in fact. But that’s IF we get a MS character.

One final thing to note, though it’s anecdotal evidence, in my experience, Banjo’s fairly popular in Japan. Most people I talk to lose their minds when I mention the possibility, and many get nostalgic over the idea. Just something to keep in mind, Banjo’s not a west only character, he’s fairly well recognized among the Smash fanbase over here.

The Steve side is where the Discord group comes into play. Last time I checked there isn't some cabal of Banjobros to do the same. Funny how the Discord group gets shut down by scattered Banjo fans.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
That's the inherent problem with complete anonymity on a site like 4chan. It becomes incredibly easy to just rile up others and, in general, be a terrible person with virtually no drawbacks.
Although some people do keep going there anyway (with usernames, no less) and are inherently nice enough.

Gamefaqs, meanwhile, has most of its users give zero ****s about being courteous to what other people think even with the lack of anonymity.

He's explained that he usually sits on information until he can get it corroborated by other sources (when it comes to Smash). I haven't closely followed his non-Smash claims in a while, so he might have changed things (though given his most recent claims, it seems unlikely), but when it's non-Smash, he just relays information typically from a sole source. He's volunteered as much. Like I said, I think this inconsistent vetting process is fundamentally flawed, and has resulted in his reputation becoming jeopardized. It ballooned as people focused on the claims he proliferated under his effective vetting procedure, and then when he fell back on claims outside Smash, which have always been shaky at best, his errant original method, which, inexplicably, he never changed, came to the forefront under his new wider following.

However, his track record both with Smash and outside of Smash, is still pretty much the same as its always been.
It doesn't help that going to Gamefaqs has him inevitably lose patience and lash out (I don't blame him, but then again, WHY WOULD YOU GO TO THEIR FORUMS CONSTANTLY?).

If he was more like how Polar operates with her sources, maybe he'd get some respect.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All i know about Vergeben is that if it's about Bamco, some things may be credible, but outside of that it's pretty much a crapshoot.

Seeing how popular K.Rool (and DKC) was in Japan, it's no surprise Banjo is on a similar boat, especially since many of the members of DKC 1 and 2 went on to develop Banjo Kazooie.

But isn't Minecraft also really popular in Japan? (the game, not the character) like i think that's why Dragon Quest Builders is so Minecraft-like.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

DOUBLE POST AYYYYYYY.

Sorry for that one.

Last edited by a moderator:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
All i know about Vergeben is that if it's about Bamco, some things may be credible, but outside of that it's pretty much a crapshoot.

Seeing how popular K.Rool (and DKC) was was in Japan, it's no surprise Banjo is on a similar boat, especially since many of the members of DKC 1 and 2 went on to develop Banjo Kazooie.

But isn't Minecraft also really popular in Japan? (the game, not the character) like i think that's why Dragon Quest Builders is so Minecraft-like.
Pretty much. It's sad how people conveniently forget how he keeps having swings and misses in regards to Fighter Z. The main recurring thing that happens is that DLC has a near-0% chance of his sources getting anything right.

About as popular as Monster Hunter, which, incidentally, is cared more for about its setting than anything else.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It doesn't help that going to Gamefaqs has him inevitably lose patience and lash out (I don't blame him, but then again, WHY WOULD YOU GO TO THEIR FORUMS CONSTANTLY?).

If he was more like how Polar operates with her sources, maybe he'd get some respect.
N3ON said:
He also still comes off smug as a bug in a rug and regularly gets baited by GameFAQs into defending his honour like a twelve-year-old. Which can be off-putting.
Fer shur.

Though PolarPanda is not treated with as much tolerance in places where she doesn't post or is less active. People tend to stick by "their" leakers. Except GameFAQs, lol. The relation Verg and GameFAQs have with each other would almost be comical if it wasn't so noxious.

D

Deleted member

Somehow I feel like we’ve had this exact conversation before. Like word for word. Maybe you should copy/paste more from last time I brought this up. Lol.

Seeing how popular K.Rool (and DKC) was in Japan, it's no surprise Banjo is on a similar boat, especially since many of the members of DKC 1 and 2 went on to develop Banjo Kazooie.

Not sure. I haven’t spoken to people here about Minecraft much (at all) as I’m personally not a fan, and have never played the game. I imagine however it’s not unlike the west where there’s a generational divide. Most of the people I talk to are around my age.

D

Deleted member

About as popular as Monster Hunter, which, incidentally, is cared more for about its setting than anything else.
and Monster Hunter is the only Capcom franchise in Smash whose major representation is NOT a character. That comparison makes me wonder. Plus Steve beign a Mii Costume goes hand in hand with The MH beign a Mii Costume in the previous game.

D

Deleted member

Pretty much. It's sad how people conveniently forget how he keeps having swings and misses in regards to Fighter Z. The main recurring thing that happens is that DLC has a near-0% chance of his sources getting anything right.

It’s his FighterZ rep why I flat out don’t believe anything he says until he’s proven by official sources.

A lot of his predictions came off as if he looked at the roster for that 3DS DBZ game by ASW and assumed DBFZ would follow suit with the same picks. Base Goku and Base Vegeta defo came from there, and Radditz and Zarbon defo seemed to. Then the rest of his picks seemed to account for whatever was popular in the Dragonball Super anime.

LogFrog

Smash Apprentice
Everyone and their grandmothers are saying they’ll be an MS character in Smash. The timing just seems too perfect with the Microsoft and Nintendo collaboration stuff and I’d imagine planing for the partnership would have taken a few months before the dlc was finalized.

D

Deleted member

Everyone and their grandmothers are saying they’ll be an MS character in Smash. The timing just seems too perfect with the Microsoft and Nintendo collaboration stuff and I’d imagine planing for the partnership would have taken a few months before the dlc was finalized.
It’s all rumors. Don’t count your chickens before they hatch, as you’re setting yourself up for disappointment, but objectively speaking, we have the most amount of evidence for the possibility of Banjo being in Smash, than any other possible character. It could all just be hot air and red herrings, but he seems to have the most going for him atm.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Hey guys?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Check out this whole thread. Staff member on the official Minecraft discord shot Steve down.

This could be it...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Somehow I feel like we’ve had this exact conversation before. Like word for word. Maybe you should copy/paste more from last time I brought this up. Lol.
"I forget that you studied journalism, so I suppose that's a fair analysis on things. I still choose to not believe him, as I definitely do NOT want his leaks for DBFZ to be right in any manner, so call it bias I suppose.

Also, I genuinely do not remember ANYTHING about the Gematsu leak tbh. People keep bringing it up, but I draw a total blank on that. I remember accepting the ESBR leak rather quickly despite not wanting it to be true. But the Gematsu leak, I don't even remember what it said outside of the Chorus Kids.

EDIT: Also, I don't think he's right about Smash. Then again he did only say Ken and the Poketiger. But think Incineroar is a bait character that's getting a lot of people. That or he was scrapped/planned for DLC."

You weren't too far off, lol. Then we just started debating Kencineroar vs. Grinch (because it was during that saga).

But I have had this conversation a good handful of times, and usually it just goes around and around. I remember attempting to impart this onto the Isaac thread after he claimed Isaac would be an AT (I had heard as much slightly before he said it - but given that I didn't disclose that, the argument fixated mostly on Verg). Even though I was right, in retrospect I goofed trying to do that uphill argument in the Isaac thread at the height of Isaacmania.

So clearly I've learned very little. :p

Though who knows... I do believe eventually Verg will be outright wrong when it comes to Smash...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Though who knows... I do believe eventually Verg will be outright wrong when it comes to Smash...
Pardon me, but didn't Vergeben specifically said that The first DLC character shown would be a Squre Enix one?

D

Deleted member

"I forget that you studied journalism, so I suppose that's a fair analysis on things. I still choose to not believe him, as I definitely do NOT want his leaks for DBFZ to be right in any manner, so call it bias I suppose.

Also, I genuinely do not remember ANYTHING about the Gematsu leak tbh. People keep bringing it up, but I draw a total blank on that. I remember accepting the ESBR leak rather quickly despite not wanting it to be true. But the Gematsu leak, I don't even remember what it said outside of the Chorus Kids.

EDIT: Also, I don't think he's right about Smash. Then again he did only say Ken and the Poketiger. But think Incineroar is a bait character that's getting a lot of people. That or he was scrapped/planned for DLC."

You weren't too far off, lol. Then we just started debating Kencineroar vs. Grinch (because it was during that saga).

But I have had this conversation a good handful of times, and usually it just goes around and around. I remember attempting to impart this onto the Isaac thread after he claimed Isaac would be an AT (I had heard as much slightly before he said it - but given that I didn't disclose that, the argument fixated mostly on Verg). Even though I was right, in retrospect I goofed trying to do that uphill argument in the Isaac thread at the height of Isaacmania.

So clearly I've learned very little. :p

Look on the bright side, you got to show me eating my own words about Ken + Incineroar. Lol. Man, I remember watching that direct with my brother, that was disappointing, haha.

Hey guys?

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Check out this whole thread. Staff member on the official Minecraft discord shot Steve down.

This could be it...
I mean, you don’t have to reach much for it. I personally don’t see Steve as having any chance at all. Forgetting all the issues you’d have incorporating him into Smash, the fact that the head of Xbox prefers Banjo to him totally nukes his chances. Presented with that, there’s no real way you could argue for him.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Pardon me, but didn't Vergeben specifically said that The first DLC character shown would be a Squre Enix one?
You're right. I think he also said Minecraft content would be in base (not 100% of that though). I should've elaborated more. Let me dig up another quote, because I've addressed all this before.

N3ON said:
That's true, his well of valid info might've dried up, but fwiw I've found that claims about timing, while wrong much more often than claims about content, don't always invalidate the content itself. I attribute that to scheduling being much more fluid than actual content in the game.

So if someone gets the timing wrong but still gets the content right... I'm not going to outright dismiss them.
This was partially in relation to comparing Verg and Gematsu, which also got the timing wrong but the content right.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
For the record, I've been low-key supporting Incineroar before he got in. My only regret is trying to watch the Direct on the wrong computer, so I completely missed the start of it.

You're right. I think he also said Minecraft content would be in base (not 100% of that though). I should've elaborated more. Let me dig up another quote, because I've addressed all this before.

This was partially in relation to comparing Verg and Gematsu, which also got the timing wrong but the content right.
More or less.
https://www.ssbwiki.com/Gematsu_leaks
Some characters didn't get to be playable in 4 at all.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
There's also him being told by a source that K. Rool wasn't in (though he himself allegedly wasn't 100% sure about that one).
iirc wasn't that one of the things loz made public? Verg never actually publicly said K. Rool wasn't in.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
More or less.
https://www.ssbwiki.com/Gematsu_leaks
Some characters didn't get to be playable in 4 at all.
Well Gematsu was correct, it was just outdated. Can't believe I'm debating Gematsu in 2019 haha.

It did get some of the timing wrong though. It said Little Mac, Pac-Man and Miis were set to be revealed at or around E3 2013 (iirc) and claimed we'd be getting Shulk's trailer when really we got Robin's.

D

Deleted member

I think that during the days the game started leaking (as in, bosses like Marx and Darkhon started to show up) Vergeben mentioned a Minecraft boss being in the game, but after the game released Vergeben said it would appear as DLC of some sorts (some people speculated via free update and the like, but nothing has happened right now)

Technically it hasn't been disproven yet, but when it comes to the base game, there's no MC boss.

Top Bottom